PDA

View Full Version : Will Pay For a Deadlands game in the FG Con

Emrak
October 29th, 2013, 19:01
Over in the Fantasy Grounds Con forum a few links above, they say they will kick GMs a few dollars as a "Thank You" for running games. I'll do so as well. Anyone who would be willing to run a 4 hour Deadlands game for this SW n00b, please let me know! I will send a WHOPPING $5 via paypal. Hey, every little bit counts. :) I can probably even drag in some other folks from my current online group so you know you'll get a minimum group size no matter what!

p.s.--for the love of all that is holy, if you do this, please limit group size to 5. :) kthxbai

Doswelk
October 29th, 2013, 21:49
p.s.--for the love of all that is holy, if you do this, please limit group size to 5. :) kthxbaiwell given that that I am 10,5553 miles from my PC on FG3 weekend I'll not be running any games, but my Deadlands con games are for 6 players so maybe a good job I'm not running it!

why only 5 players?!

Emrak
October 30th, 2013, 13:52
why only 5 players?!

I guess it doesn't matter. It's just that I've never--never--been in a fun RPG that had more than 5 players. As a matter of fact, IMHO, 5 people is too much. 3 or 4 is ideal. Beyond that it seems as if individual voices are diminished too much.

Mgrancey
October 31st, 2013, 03:00
I find that 5 is optimal but more than 6 tends to make it difficult and 4 people tends to just be a little too small. Was there something in particular you wanted to play? Friday I couldn't be sure to be able to play until too late, Saturday I work 1/2 the day and Sunday I am heading to a King Arthur presentation.

Emrak
October 31st, 2013, 14:17
Just Deadlands. Nothing in particular. I played Deadlands (original) about a decade ago and fell in love. Haven't been able to play another campaign since. :-/ I'm hoping the SW rules have the same flavor and simplicity.

I'm not sure our schedules would be compatible. Saturday I'm booked. At this point I'm really only available on Sunday, unfortunately.

phantomwhale
November 5th, 2013, 10:45
Apologies for missing FG Con - I normally try and run some Deadlands in the FGCons, but this weekend just gone was a conference I had to be at.

damned
November 5th, 2013, 11:30
So PW - the all important question - are you free (at this stage at least) on the proposed date(s)?

Emrak
November 5th, 2013, 13:46
So PW - the all important question - are you free (at this stage at least) on the proposed date(s)?

Just an FYI in case you were referring to the days I proposed... I was just referring to this weekend gone by, not future weekends. My schedule is more open in that event. :)

damned
November 5th, 2013, 13:52
ha - im after PhantomWhales availability :)
not saying im not interested in your availability....

Emrak
November 5th, 2013, 15:21
I think we're in congruence here. When can you run a DL game phantom? lol

Doswelk
November 6th, 2013, 09:57
What dates or do I not matter as well?

damned
November 6th, 2013, 10:05
Of course you do!
Now Ive started down a slippery slope...
Im in the process of compiling a list of all GMs who have run a game at Virtual Con 1, 2 or 3.
After that I will be looking for other "active" GMs in various rule-sets and then lucky you... I will begin pestering you to start planning a session or 2 for Virtual Con 4!

damned
November 6th, 2013, 10:06
If you have a preference -or- an inability to do either date please speak up. I know its a long way out and things will change and things that havent even been thought of will happen between now and then... but what the heck - put your name down now anyway!