PDA

View Full Version : Players can't connect through Hamachi

gohatwoono
October 28th, 2013, 00:18
I use Hamachi to get my players to connect to my game, and it worked for the past month and a half, until last week, when no one was able to connect. We're trying again this week and again no one is able to connect. The only thing I can think of that would have changed is that normally I host the game while at college, while last week, when everyone first failed to connect, I was back at home. Except now I'm back on my college internet and still no one can connect. They all show up in my Hamachi network though.

Trenloe
October 28th, 2013, 01:13
Make sure your players are using the most recent IP address that Hamachi reports for your PC - this may have changed. Do not use the FG alias, internal or external addresses reported by Fantasy Grounds to connect. Hamachi should report the IP address next to your computer name towards the top of the Hamachi client. Right-click on the IP address and select "Copy IPv4 address" to copy the correct IP address - which you can then send to the players. You players must use this as the "Host Address" when they join your game.

gohatwoono
October 28th, 2013, 01:22
Thats the address they're trying to use and can't connect to

Trenloe
October 28th, 2013, 01:37
Make sure that Fantasy Grounds is set to be allowed through your Windows firewall (if it is active) - check to see what type of network (Public or Home) Hamachi is being reported as in Windows Network and Sharing Center and ensure that the firewall is set to allow Fantasy Grounds for that type of network.

As a check, open another instance of Fantasy Grounds on your laptop and try to connect with the Hamachi IP address - if it works you will get an error about not having a valid license (unless you have an ultimate license) but at least this will show that the connection on your end is OK.

gohatwoono
October 28th, 2013, 01:48
I found the solution, when I connected to my internet at home, Hamachi somehow got set to a lower priority, I just had to change it back to the top priority and now it works.
If anyone else has the same problem you can go to your control panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings, press alt to bring up additional options, click on advanced > advanced settings, then you just move Hamachi to the top of the list