PDA

View Full Version : VTT Game Day 10/26 The Feast of Ravenmoor (tier 2-4) Saturday, 2013 11:00 EDT

Bloodlust
October 26th, 2013, 06:02
Deleted

Trenloe
October 26th, 2013, 06:11
Hello stranger! ;)

What VTT are you using for this game? It better be Fantasy Grounds! :D

Bloodlust
October 26th, 2013, 06:18
Deleted

Trenloe
October 26th, 2013, 06:26
Unfortunately not. I've not got the time to set it up on FG (it's on Roll20) but it is for the VTT game day happening today. I'm short on players so I thought I'd offer it to the FG community :)

Hope that's not a problem.
Hhhmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about advertising for a game using a different VTT on the Fantasy Grounds forum - not too keen really. How would people on the roll20 forum feel if I advertised on that forum for my VTT game day event that was using Fantasy Grounds?

Also, as a friendly FYI - is player number 4 really bringing a level 5 PC? That isn't PFS legal for a tier 2-4 game.

dulux-oz
October 26th, 2013, 06:35
Actually, I agree with Trenloe - I'm not to sure I'm keen on a different VTT "advertising" on a given VTT's site/forumn.

I'm sure the intention was good, I'm just not sure the execution was right.

Cheers

Bloodlust
October 26th, 2013, 06:36
Deleted

Bloodlust
October 26th, 2013, 06:44
Deleted

Bloodlust
October 26th, 2013, 06:46
Deleted

dulux-oz
October 26th, 2013, 06:58
Hi Bloodlust,

I didn't think you were (from Roll20) - as I said, I thought the intention was good, I was just wondering about the execution.

Personally, I think anything that improves/promotes our hobby is "a good thing" - and I encourage you to stick with GMing as it can be very, very rewarding. Yes, it can take some time to feel comfortable with it, but what doesn't?

As to what VTT you choose to use - that's your decision, and I'm sure you made the right one for you - I certainly didn't (& I'm sure Trenloe didn't either) post as a personal attack - Im sorry if that's the way it cme across, it wasn't my intention.

What I DID intent was to point out a different way of doing the notification *might* have been more appropriate - but then again, I've been know to *stuff* things up well and truely, so who am I to judge?

Anyway, good luck with the game and I hope you and your players all have fun - and as I said, stick with the GMing as there aren't enough of us out there :)

Cheers

damned
October 26th, 2013, 07:02
he he - hornets nest.
its nothing personal - i guess its just an etiquette thing - like me hitting a few non-FG-Con threads on this board to promote FG-Con.
a couple of ppl didnt like it and told me so.

as to games being few and far between on FG i think that is more to do with the different type of user/purchaser each product attracts. FG has a lot of ppl using it for their existing gaming group(s) while roll20 has a lot more people looking for pickup games.

hope it goes well and you pick up your extra players - throw in a plug for FG-Con at the end of your session :)

Trenloe
October 26th, 2013, 07:08
Wow! What happened there?!? Deleted posts all over the place...

dulux-oz
October 26th, 2013, 13:06
I think we may have hit a nerve guys - oh well, I hope he realisies it wasn't personal.

If you're still out there Bloodlust I meant to say earlier that if you'd like some tips, hints or help in being a GM please feel free to ask - if not me, then there are plenty of others out there who would be willing to help.

Cheers