PDA

View Full Version : Possible M&M Game.

Sturmir
October 26th, 2013, 05:40
I don't see a lot of activity on this subforum and I don't see any new games for M&M on the game calender. I've recently come across the books from a friend and would like to play this ruleset to gauge it out. I was wondering if anyone was either A) Playing a current campaign, recently started for M&M that needs an additional player. (though judging from activity, not likely.) Or the interest of players if I were to host a Trial game, and see where it goes from there.

I'm in US EST and would likely try for Sunday- around 5-6 PM til about Midnight. Anyone interested?

DrakosDJ
October 26th, 2013, 07:09
I would be interested in participating, not running, but the timeframe is not good for me. I work Mon thru Fri and can't be up that lat on Sunday since I am in the office by 6:30 AM.

Sturmir
October 26th, 2013, 08:52
Well, at least then I can get a judge of times people would be available. Perhaps friday? I'm essentially unavailable Monday through friday, from 8 AM to 6 PM (Though depends on how quickly I can make dinner.) Fridays could be possible without any foreseeable issues. Saturdays I play a bi-weekly game (Crimsoncrust's Kingmaker.) and it kind of blocks the saturday option, unless perhaps anyone wants to do it early morning saturday? Say about... 11-12ish? to 5? by that count, we could also do it sundays early morning/noonish as well. Either way, as long as enough players could say "aye." I'd be happy to GM at the most convenient time.

rbeard101
October 27th, 2013, 04:11
I would be interested in playing if it were a friday night every 2 or 3 weeks. Can't do every Friday night, but with a little planning can do about every other week. I'm wanted to try MM3 or the derivative DCAdventures.

EdCote
October 27th, 2013, 07:34
I just bought the program and M&M rule set. I guess I really should have checked the forums first. I am interested in playing but not running. I have to work Friday nights and Sundays are booked solid. Probably the best time for me would be Wednesday or Monday night. I'm in the US, Central time.

DrakosDJ
October 27th, 2013, 08:47
My bi-weekly D&D game is sunday from 11 am to 6 Pm (or so). Friday nights might work for me.

Sturmir
October 28th, 2013, 04:42
Well, we'd likely do just 1 game, if the game set is good, I'll continue to do it. Unfortunately I will do it weekly- Sorry Rbeard101. -and I'm entirely unable to play weekdays save for Friday, sorry EdCote. School and I take care of family members so my schedule is very rigid. I'd be doing this as a form of long term entertainment for myself heh. So far I got 1 player- and if DrakosDJ is in, we'll have 2 to begin. I'll post up more info if the Forums stir with life.

adammar
October 30th, 2013, 03:20
Add me as another who can do Fri, Sat or Sun.

Dr_Babylon
November 2nd, 2013, 03:17
I'd be rather keen to try out a superhero-themed if you can forgive my lack of experience. Sundays would be my first choice if you're aiming for 5:30 pm or later (Eastern). Saturdays are possible but I occasionally work until 6 pm. Unfortunately, on Friday nights, I am often at work until 9 pm or later. If I am a poor fit for the majority, I understand, but I wouldn't mind being included in this venture.

(p.s. I presume M&M refers to Mutants and Masterminds...)

(edit: Like a whole day later I realize this is under the Mutants and Masterminds forum. Sign me up for mastermind status...)

Sturmir
November 3rd, 2013, 00:59
Alright, Saturday at 6:00 PM - I'll set up the material, post an obsidian portal campaign (the second that their website changes are fixed.) and set up a campaign on the Calendar here.
@ Dr_Babylon Inexperience is good as well- this is my first M&M Campaign period. I've continued to read through the books and it will likely be lax overall since I'm learning myself- though I've DMed for many years now so I think I could keep it interesting.

it will likely be Text Only if you guys don't mind. My problem with voice is that it destroys my immersion, and i often speak to myself/listen to music. Hinders such options. Not to mention I hate the sound of my voice.

I'll post the setups, but it will be a classical comic book story. I have a good idea what the first "Episode" will be like and depending if the game is good or not, we can continue it. If you guys can come up with character concepts and PM me, or add me to skype - lord.norman.contois we can talk out specifics of character concepts- What I have/don't have in terms of books and the like.

The story will be simple, based on Earth- post devastation by a radical event that causes people to become smarter, stronger, ect. ect. Magic/Super Powers is explained by Chi/Ki/Qi - Spiritual energy of the Human body accessed through ritualistic advancements, or a new energy form based off a radioactive breakdown in the human body that powers humans like reactors (or combinations of these things.) due to a new gene that developed during this "radical event."

I'll post up more with the obsidian site.

Sturmir
November 13th, 2013, 04:45
https://sites.google.com/site/mythicterra/ - I wasn't waiting for Obsidian anymore. I'm sorry I used Google sites. It's a temporary fix until I get a new site.
Add me to Skype, or go on there and post in the comments. I think I got the forum feature to work as intended- so you can post up your character information.

Dr Jones
February 16th, 2014, 03:19
Is this game still going? Are there any spots open?

Thanks!

DrakosDJ
February 16th, 2014, 05:24
As far as I know, it never got off the ground.