PDA

View Full Version : Old West Theme for the new FG3 / C&C 3 ruleset

dr_venture
October 25th, 2013, 23:41
If anyone's interested, here's the latest version of my Old West theme for C&C. It is compatible with FG3 and the CoreRPG-based C&C ruleset. This is suitable for use with the Go Fer Yer Gun! (https://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/19438/Go-Fer-Yer-Gun?term=Go+Gun+&it=1) rules, which are basically just an old west version of C&C. This ruleset is currently *free* at the above link, though I have seen it go for a buck or two.

Enjoy!

dr_venture
October 26th, 2013, 23:45
Already found a few bugs & missing files - will post an updated version later. In the mean time, here's a couple screenshots: the first is the GM's view, and the second is the player's view.

damned
October 27th, 2013, 07:55
i have to say that you have done a great job on this theme - it oozes Old West.

pbalandier
October 29th, 2013, 12:59
Chat window and some icons in sidebar doesn't appear for me... [EDIT]Ok I use it with FG2 so may be not good...
Nice work however. :)

I've used your script to make my own theme for C&C in FG2.
Wood theme, but don't understand why I haven't Chat window too...
Could you help me ?

dr_venture
October 29th, 2013, 18:59
I think (well, assume, really) that the problem is probably related to the fact that my theme was created for the new C&C ruleset in the beta version of FG3, which is hopefully due sometime before Christmas... maybe a bit sooner? The C&C ruleset definitely will change a *lot* from the current version to the new one - it is a whole lot better! Honestly, as we're probably only a few weeks away from the new version, I wouldn't spend much time on the theme until the new version of both FG and the C&C ruleset comes out, as you're just going to have to update them when it does.

The theme is looking good, BTW - I hope more folks will do what you're doing, and put together some good theme for GMs to choose from! I assume there must be some place for the themes to be distributed - perhaps the FG community ruleset page?

dr_venture
March 19th, 2014, 22:28
Trenlo and/or JPG: is this something to link to either the wiki or to the C&C extensions post in the forums?

Trenloe
March 19th, 2014, 22:38
Trenlo and/or JPG: is this something to link to either the wiki or to the C&C extensions post in the forums?
I've created an extension post in the C&C forum and this is the first entry in it! :)

damned
March 19th, 2014, 23:35
Hey Doc - does your WildWest theme/xtension work with FG3?

Trenloe
March 19th, 2014, 23:53
Hey Doc - does your WildWest theme/xtension work with FG3?
Read the title of this thread!

damned
March 20th, 2014, 00:03
yeah - thanks man! sometimes i just read the last post and say something really smart :)

dr_venture
March 20th, 2014, 00:29
I dunno if anyone will get any use out of it, but it looks cool. Pull a Gygax: transport your characters into the old west for a few sessions and use this theme just to mess with them :D