PDA

View Full Version : 3.5, PF, or any other system new to me

A.J.
October 24th, 2013, 12:43
I would really love to try this VTT. I'm only familiar with 3.5, and PF but i would be willing to throw my hat into a campaign using another system if the DM and players would be willing to work with a total newb. I'm looking for a campaign played atleast once a week, and it has to use some sort of voice, i dont like playing with just text. If you would have me please hit me up on skype @ aj.camara1 . Or email me [email protected] although i maybe a bit slow replying to emails, please contact me using one of those two methods so i dont have to keep comming back here to check the message bord. T.Y. A.J.

Trenloe
October 24th, 2013, 16:26
Welcome to Fantasy Grounds! :)

You may want to let people know what your time zone is and what times you are available to play - this is a global community with games being ran in most time zones.

While the odd GM may get in touch with you directly, your best chance of finding a game is to frequent the message boards here; as GMs will post a thread to recruit players and the potential players respond to that thread.

It may take you a while to find a game (i.e. a few weeks depending on what you're looking for and what your availability is like) - and you may go through a few different groups before you find a game that you enjoy.

As I recommend - keep coming back to the forums and seeing if there are any games being advertised that you are interested in and fit your schedule.

Oh, and if you want to play some one off convention games (a great way to get to know Fantasy Grounds and members of the community) FG Con 3 is happening Friday 1st November - Sunday 3rd: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19701-FG-Con-3-Open-to-Players!

Andrepartthree
October 24th, 2013, 17:21
If this helps any and you can stay awake through my long-butt initial post :P

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19579-Advice-for-new-FG-players

Basically stuff I wish someone had told me when I was new to FG :) and then some wiser heads than mine chime in and add their own observations too ;) ..

Blyssful
October 26th, 2013, 17:02
When are you looking to play? What Days/Nights? This was basically already asked for but we need this info Im fairly certain noone is going to just email you not knowing anything other then you want to play. Just saying... Which Voice program do you prefer? Roleplay Heavy or Hack and slash? Do you have a preference to a type ? Sci-Fi, Medieval, Fantasy?