PDA

View Full Version : Possible Rise of the Runelords Campaign AP for Pathfinder

GatewayTraveller
October 19th, 2013, 02:08
I was thinking of starting up the Rise of the Runelords campaign for Pathfinder for Fantasy Grounds, but I wanted to gauge if there was any interest. The games would be once a week, except every third week (That's my on call rotation for work) Day would be determined by availability and number of players. I'm shooting for about four to six players. Reply in this thread if there is any interest.

Thanks!

kleamovich
October 19th, 2013, 02:18
I would be interested in playing in this campaign. Have most nights open - any night but Saturday's, currently running Reign of Winter on that night - as long as it's a decent time for EST.

JohnD
October 19th, 2013, 02:37
Interested depending on night and start/stop times.

Mgrancey
October 19th, 2013, 03:56
Same, interested but would depend on when.

CrazyYodler
October 19th, 2013, 07:59
Interested but yea would need to know the time and day you were looking at. Would you also be running it mainly in text or with voice?

Bro.T
October 19th, 2013, 14:56
I am also interested. The only time I am committed already is Friday afternoon/evening. I am available Mon - Thur from 0800 - 2230 est and anytime on Saturday. I go to work at 2300 est so later runs are not possible for me.

GatewayTraveller
October 19th, 2013, 22:16
It would be during the week, I was thinking a Thursday Evening (EST for me) somewhere around 6PM to 11Pm (about five hours) I was hoping to do voice on team speak. I work during the day, so that time frame is out for me unless it is on a Sunday.

kleamovich
October 19th, 2013, 22:51
That works for me. Any idea on the character creation rules that you would like us to use?

GatewayTraveller
October 19th, 2013, 23:40
Not yet, was just seeing if there was interest. I'll give more info tomorrow or Monday. I'm thinking a standard point buy and start at level 1. I think the only limit would be no evil characters, other then that, I'm open to any class, book, etc.

Mgrancey
October 20th, 2013, 01:48
Couple of questions then.

How strict are you on attendance? I have a variable schedule and can possibly swap shifts, but would rather not have to ask permanently for Thursday evenings off. I occasionally work Thursdays but not regularly.
Is psionics open? From dreamscarred press?
Or Kobold Press's Deep Magic kickstarter?

maketasty
October 20th, 2013, 19:33
I'm very interested and I'd love to play! The time works out well for me too. The Kingmaker game I was in came to an end as the GM's life got a bit too busy to continue the game (We were halfway through the second book). I've been playing Pathfinder for the past 3 years or so and I'm currently GMing a campaign some friends on Friday nights. Definitely looking forward to the info!

Lefawitz
October 22nd, 2013, 05:35
I would love to play I am pretty familiar with Pathfinder and I am complete free Thursdays

JerryRig
October 22nd, 2013, 18:29
I would be interested in playing in this campaign. Have most nights open - any night but Saturday's, currently running Reign of Winter on that night - as long as it's a decent time for EST.

Ya ...you cant have him Saturdays!

kleamovich
October 22nd, 2013, 22:31
Ya ...you cant have him Saturdays!

I'm a wanted man! Haha...

GatewayTraveller
October 23rd, 2013, 01:18
Hehe, I'm pretty sure I'm going to do this Thursday Evenings. Still haven't decided on Creation Rules, was hoping to have that a few days ago, but I've been busy in real life (Dammit real life! Why Do you intrude into my gaming hobby!)

kleamovich
October 23rd, 2013, 01:20
Hehe, I'm pretty sure I'm going to do this Thursday Evenings. Still haven't decided on Creation Rules, was hoping to have that a few days ago, but I've been busy in real life (Dammit real life! Why Do you intrude into my gaming hobby!)

The burden of the real world - know it all so well..

JohnD
October 23rd, 2013, 16:10
Interested depending on night and start/stop times.

Hey guys... glad to see this is gaining some traction - hope you get it up and running.

Unfortunately for me, there's no way I can make the stated duration of the game, so I'll withdraw at this point.

Bro.T
October 24th, 2013, 02:01

Yeah, what we could accomplish if RL would just leave us alone!

So, for Thursdays, if that time could shift back 30 minutes or just be trimmed to 10:30 in stead of 11pm, I am "Johny on the spot". :D

Trenloe
October 24th, 2013, 02:22
Yeah, what we could accomplish if RL would just leave us alone!
The Rune Lord will never leave you alone! Wa, ha, haaaaaa.....

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

kleamovich
October 24th, 2013, 05:12
The Rune Lord will never leave you alone! Wa, ha, haaaaaa.....

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

That made my night! haha

GatewayTraveller
October 25th, 2013, 00:06
I can trim it back a half hour, since this is a long haul campaign, no need to do a large time frame. I don't want to start earlier as I don't get home until about 5:20'ish on that day.

Next Character Creation:
Point Buy System: 20 Points, all Characters start at 1st level.
Equipment: Start at 200gp per character.
Limitations: No Evil Characters, classes, or races. Any eccentric or monster races need to be run by me first before they can be played.

Play can start on the 7th of November, which gives us about two weeks.

Mgrancey
October 25th, 2013, 06:03
So thoughts on characters?

I've been itching to play a soulknife if that's allowed. Main concept would be a fighter with a chaotic style that makes use of ability to change weapon forms during combat.

kleamovich
October 25th, 2013, 13:19
To all players,

Any idea on what class you all are going to be playing?

I may play a summoner, or I have some ideas about a barb/fighter(along with other classes) multi-class build.

GatewayTraveller
October 25th, 2013, 15:09
So thoughts on characters?

I've been itching to play a soulknife if that's allowed. Main concept would be a fighter with a chaotic style that makes use of ability to change weapon forms during combat.

Hmm.. interesting, I don't know much about psionics, and I don't have the book those are published in. I'll give a more thorough look over when I get home from work :)

Mgrancey
October 25th, 2013, 17:20
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife

Gist of class is a fighter that manifests weapon and maybe armor. Summary is Best BAB; good Ref, Will saves; 4 skill points; d10 hit die; weapons have an set enhancement rate, and blade skills that provide various effects and work similar to rogue talents but focused on their soul knife.

JerryRig
October 25th, 2013, 23:27
Darn it for Thursday's. Got an obligation already that night.

maketasty
October 25th, 2013, 23:32
I'm looking in to creating a Gnome sorcerer... Focusing on illusion spells. AKA an illusionist ;).

kleamovich
October 26th, 2013, 02:27
Brain is sort of fried at the moment, when I was making this character. Here is my Gnome Summoner - Backo. Please look over him - I'm sure I made an error somewhere. Everything is set - minus spells. Was going to wait to talk to the other spell casters before finalizing my spell list.

Backo is the character. Tikk is his Eidolon.

If there others are wanting to go in the spell caster route - I would not mind building a melee character at all.

EDIT: Added a melee fighter just in case.

maketasty
October 26th, 2013, 02:39
Show gnomercy!

GatewayTraveller
October 27th, 2013, 04:26
Brain is sort of fried at the moment, when I was making this character. Here is my Gnome Summoner - Backo. Please look over him - I'm sure I made an error somewhere. Everything is set - minus spells. Was going to wait to talk to the other spell casters before finalizing my spell list.

Backo is the character. Tikk is his Eidolon.

If there others are wanting to go in the spell caster route - I would not mind building a melee character at all.

EDIT: Added a melee fighter just in case.

I like the summoner, it should be fine. Seems more interesting then your run of the mill barbarian there. I didn't see anything wrong with either character.

GatewayTraveller
October 27th, 2013, 04:27
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife

Gist of class is a fighter that manifests weapon and maybe armor. Summary is Best BAB; good Ref, Will saves; 4 skill points; d10 hit die; weapons have an set enhancement rate, and blade skills that provide various effects and work similar to rogue talents but focused on their soul knife.

Thanks, I like the concept, wouldn't mind seeing a different type of fighter. Make up the character and I will take a look at it.

Bro.T
October 27th, 2013, 16:31
I will probably roll a rogue type. Was thinking of Halfling but I may have to change that to a gnome.......:D

kleamovich
October 27th, 2013, 17:01
I will probably roll a rogue type. Was thinking of Halfling but I may have to change that to a gnome.......:D

Don't want to be left out?

Bro.T
October 27th, 2013, 22:10
Here is the xml for my Rogue. Decided on a half-elf cause they specialize in being left out. :P

maketasty
October 28th, 2013, 00:16
With how the group is shaping up, I may change my character's class to a Heavens Oracle, but keep the same flavor. This way I can gain some healing and divine spells, but still retain the the illusionist charm by eventually going into the Veiled Illusionist prestige class. So there is that option...

kleamovich
October 28th, 2013, 01:36
I like the summoner, it should be fine. Seems more interesting then your run of the mill barbarian there. I didn't see anything wrong with either character.

May have to prove you wrong on that one! haha

Here is the xml for my Rogue. Decided on a half-elf cause they specialize in being left out. :P

Yea, those do get put on the side burner a lot, from what I have seen.

With how the group is shaping up, I may change my character's class to a Heavens Oracle, but keep the same flavor. This way I can gain some healing and divine spells, but still retain the the illusionist charm by eventually going into the Veiled Illusionist prestige class. So there is that option...

Still going Gnome?

maketasty
October 28th, 2013, 02:06
Still going Gnome?

Of course :D.

Mgrancey
October 28th, 2013, 04:53
Current idea on backstory and reasoning of Jolyon Carver, soulknife, he hasn't met any others with similar abilities and the wizards, sorcerers, and clerics don't know much about what it is, but it is something internal and from him. Exploring his abilities and stretching to see what else he can do with it.

Jolyon Carver, taught his adoptive father's trade of carpentry had the bad luck of friends leading him into trouble. When it finally culminated into violence, he just barely survived when he summoned some form of energy blade; knowing that the trouble wouldn't end until he was dead, he gathered up his belongings and what cash he had and fled into the night to protect his family. The next couple of years were rather harrowing as he slowly learned to control his new abilities some which turned out rather dangerous for him. Having finally gained control over his ability he continues to explore what he can do with it as he gets by, currently on his way to Sandpoint after losing some trouble. Who knows what awaits?

Also do you have the Pawns or Facecards for RotR? I have both and have scanned them. The tokens are cut up into individuals but can be cleaned up and altered in different methods. I also have the plot twist cards scanned and turned into a module if you want to make use of them.

GatewayTraveller
October 29th, 2013, 23:57
Sorry for the late response, I've looked at the characters posted and they look fine in the XML, I like the back stories I'm seeing. Also, if anyone else have thumbnail pics, post them here and I'll attach them to the sheet and make quick tokens.

I have the older runelord pawns from the original releases. I was planning on making custom tokens for this adventure, I hate to ask you for the ones you have since its proprietary.

kleamovich
October 30th, 2013, 02:05
Not sure which ones to upload so here ya go!

maketasty
October 30th, 2013, 02:32
Probably a bit long of a backstory, but it is dang hard explaining the Haunted Curse and Heavens Oracle in a single paragraph. I'll have the character sheet up by Sunday.

The Wonderseekers, a group of gnomes working to cure those who have begun the bleaching are dedicated to ensuring that those gnomes are forced back into the excitement of the world. (https://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Bleaching) They hope that these gnomes will regain their love of adventure and new experience. Unfortunately, some in the order take this a bit far. Kidnapping the bleaching against their will and forcing them to into a life of adventure and danger.

Known throughout Whistledown, Zarzuket Turkmenomon was a gnome that began to bleach all too quickly. His hair turned from a vibrant blue to a dull gray and eventually a silver white. His skin lost its golden hue all within a matter of days even as he experienced much of the same things as every other gnome in town. His rapid bleaching caused a panic and fear throughout the town. Many wondered if they would be next. Some marched off to adventure and others kept themselves up into the early hours of the morning with their arts and professions, all hoping that they would not be next, but the rapid bleaching never happened to them. It only happened to the one unfortunate gnome.

His bleaching was fast and sudden and nothing seemed to stymie it. To make things worse, it eventually drew the attention of Lemolalun Arktenolas, an infamous ex-member of the Wonderseekers. During Lemolalun’s time helping gnomes regain their vibrant colors he began to believe that perhaps the bleaching was a glorious transformation into something greater. One day he suddenly walked out on the Wonderseekers and began to seek his own transformation, but the thought of dying spurred him into his dark research and the far-fetched idea of being able to save every gnome who began bleaching helped him justify what he did. He began experimenting with gnomes that survived the bleaching, trying to figure out how they were able to survive. After a century of his nefariously evil experiments, he eventually found what he believed the secret to survive the bleaching. Not one to undergo a test to find if this solution would work on himself, he sought out gnomes who were on the verge of death from the bleaching. After a few failed tests, he eventually kidnapped Zarzuket and brought him to his make-shift laboratory in an abandoned ancient observatory in the Malgorian Mountains.

The solution was simple in theory: keep the soul from leaving the body until it accepted the new, bleached body. In practice it was much more complicated than Lemolalun anticipated but he pressed on. The death of a few gnomes was worth the ability to save so many from the bleaching, permanently. As the last hint of blue faded from Zarzuket’s hair, Lemolalun focused his arcane machines over the bound body of the pale gnome. Zarzuket’s eyes peered to the heavens in awe through the open doors of the observatory. If he were any other gnome, this view would have certainly reversed the process, but yet he continued to grow paler. The machines whirled and Zarzuket hoped for death, to feel the things his brothers felt, to feel pure emotion and excitement. As his heart slowed and what meager life he had left faded, he watched the stars move closer and closer, but then, suddenly they returned to their place in the heavens and he felt the cold stone under him once again – his heart beat strong and the smell of fire excited his nose.

The laboratory was engulfed in flames. Lemolalun lay dead nearby, his blood drained to a nearby crack. Zarzuket watched as the blood flowed like a magnificent crimson river from an arrow wound in his captor’s neck. Zarzuket smiled for the first time since his bleaching began. The whirl of the arcane machines came to a halt and Zarzuket felt his bindings loosen. He was rescued… but before he could see by whom, he fell to the cold stone floor as the smoke filled his lungs. The last thing he saw was the night’s sky from atop the peaks of the Malgorian Mountains.

Weeks later, Zarzuket miraculously awoke in his home with a few blue streaks in his hair, but with them came strange sounds and even stranger happenings. The souls of the gnomes that had lost their lives in Lemolalun’s laboratory had never left. They were trapped on the material plane, and with the destruction of the machines, they had become free to roam the world with no real place to go. So they have decided to stay with Zarzuket in order to experience what he experienced and witness the excitement in Zarzuket’s life in order, the souls hope, to stave off their eternal bleaching.

With a new found vigor and passion for life, Zarzuket has begun to travel Varisia. Today he has come to Sandpoint, and today he hopes to witness the Swallowtail festival.

Mgrancey
October 30th, 2013, 02:49
Since I did buy them, scan them in on my own and we aren't selling them, I don't really view it as much different from buying them for use in F2F gaming either. I am also not publicly sharing them either it so I don't think it would be ill considered to do so. If you don't that's fine, I just figured I'd offer. Cause the next box I will be scanning in will be the NPC codex that I had picked up.

Mgrancey
October 30th, 2013, 22:09
Assumed that it was standard PF creation after you set Point Buy and Gold, so 2 traits? I picked one from Rise of the Runelords and one combat trait.

As a thought are we using any additional or alternate rules? I'm guessing not but figured I should ask rather then assume.

GatewayTraveller
October 30th, 2013, 22:44
I don't mind Mgrancey, if you want to send them to me.
Yes this is going to be a standard campaign, nothing too fancy on rules, I'm actually looking at the Psionic Rules, so if there any alternatives, it would be those.

Mgrancey
October 30th, 2013, 23:21
I was guessing that the standard: Separate Knowledges, but SR, Dispel, Anti-magic, etc would all work the same as magic against psionics. I might pick up a power or two but doubt I would pick up many and if I did it would be self-enhancement stuff like Vigor or Biofeedback. I wasn't sure how much you wanted to add psionics to Golarion and was planning on treating myself similar to a sorcerer where there isn't really a whole lot official training.

maketasty
November 3rd, 2013, 16:55
Are we starting the AP this week? Zarzuket's sheet is attached:

GatewayTraveller
November 3rd, 2013, 22:18
Awesome thanks! I had a tentative date next Thursday to start, but I think I need an extra couple weeks to get the rest of the burnt offerings adventure in fantasy grounds, it's taking longer then I anticipated! Normally it would only take me another week, but I am on call next week for work, which makes it hard for me to run or play games. I would rather start on the week after I am on call to give us a couple of sessions. I can have enough of the adventure done before this Thursday, so I leave the choice up to you guys, we can play a session this Thursday and take the next week off, or take two weeks off then play two weeks straight.

GatewayTraveller
November 3rd, 2013, 22:20
Here is the official campaign page, should have posted that about a week ago.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1102

maketasty
November 3rd, 2013, 22:43
I'd like to start this week to get through the introductions. I'd anticipate that we wouldn't get through all that much of the AP content as we get to know each other. That way we can hit the ground running for the next couple sessions after the break.

kleamovich
November 3rd, 2013, 22:48
That is up to the GM! Does not matter to me. We could have a short game to make sure everyone can connect and there are no issues there. Also you mentioned that you would like to use voice chat, what are we going to be using for this?

Mgrancey
November 4th, 2013, 03:35
As far as I know I am fine for Thursday.

GatewayTraveller
November 4th, 2013, 05:33
Thursday it is then, I was going to use team speak for chat. I have enough content for our first session. I will post the server address later today, as I am tired and need sleep

Flaming Gamer
November 4th, 2013, 19:24
i just checked the calender today for the first time in ages and saw your game. I'm in whole-hearted. Looking at what you seem to have on the boards here I chose a Shoanti Druid Eagle Shaman. I can't seem to upload files but he's ready to go if you're still looking.

GatewayTraveller
November 5th, 2013, 03:49
Sure thing, just send me it via message if you can't attach it here in the message thread.

Flaming Gamer
November 5th, 2013, 18:08
Here you are, stupid popup blocker had me.

GatewayTraveller
November 5th, 2013, 22:52
Thanks Flaming, since You used Hero Labs could you export it to an XML. If you need help with that there is a nice message string located here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16961-How-to-export-PCs-ready-for-a-game

GatewayTraveller
November 6th, 2013, 22:33
Okay the server name is on the game calender (meek bard vast quill). Will be using team speak 3 for voice, the default fantasy grounds server (fgts.servegame.com:9152) I will create a runelord channel for us to use.

Flaming Gamer
November 7th, 2013, 20:08
Here you are, see ya soon.

GatewayTraveller
November 7th, 2013, 21:08
That XML dosen't look correct, and won't import, can you send me your hero labs file and I can convert it correctly. (.hlfg)

Flaming Gamer
November 7th, 2013, 22:34
Here you go again

GatewayTraveller
November 7th, 2013, 23:00
Just to let everyone know that I am using the 3.0 Beta test for Fantasy Grounds

GatewayTraveller
November 7th, 2013, 23:01
Server is up on both voice and Fantasy Grounds II

Mgrancey
November 11th, 2013, 00:26
Hmm, after coming back and using some AOE stuff, realizing some of the coolness of the changes for 3.0, the arrows make it good to see if there is stuff in the way for ranged attacks and charging; and drag and select for picking enemies is going to be real nice for AOE powers, spells, effects.

GatewayTraveller
November 11th, 2013, 03:25
Yes, I like being able to open folders on the GM side from the application itself, instead of having to hunt for them when I want to add maps, characters (That auto-import is handy), etc.

Mgrancey
January 11th, 2014, 15:49
Anyword on this campaign, I'm not sure if simply missed invites or calendar simply hasn't been taken down.