PDA

View Full Version : Test 3.0 "error reading end tag"

ravencraft
October 17th, 2013, 18:33
Hello,
I updated to the test version 3.0 and loaded my campaign from 2.9.4. It seemed to convert without error and everything looks good and I close FG. The next time I open my campaign I get a "error reading end tag" error and most of the campaign is missing.

I am able to delete the campaign and copy over a 2.9.4 backup and the process repeats.

The error gives me a line number in the db.xml file. When I look at that line it is a </text>. Nothing looks unusual about that line as there are many others like it. There is a opening <text> that matches. I don't know if that's helpful. I don't really know xml.

Any ideas to point me in a direction to fix this?

Thanks.

yondar
October 17th, 2013, 19:34
Hi,

I also can't get into any of the Rolemaster campaigns i get the following message 'Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file ref/ref_basicclasses.xml - Error on line 4279: Error reading end tag.'

Thanks

ravencraft
October 17th, 2013, 19:46
Here's a little more info. I am using the Pathfinder rule set.

The </text> tag is closing a description of a NPC in the campaign. It is the second NPC <id-00002>. It is also quite far into the .xml file (line 28957). I'm not sure if any of this is helpful.

Here is the exact text of the console

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file db.xml - Error on line 28937: Error reading end tag.
Script Notice: Unable to get version info for ruleset:3.5E
Ruleset Notice: Campaign database backup created.

Moon Wizard
October 17th, 2013, 21:43
Could I get s copy if the db.xml file from your campaign sent to [email protected]?

Thanks,
JPG

yondar
October 19th, 2013, 17:32
Not at home at the moment but will try and do that later. Out of interest it won't let me start a new campaign either.

Moon Wizard
October 19th, 2013, 21:18
Yondar,

The error you are seeing is from the ruleset files vs. the campaign data files, which is what the other poster had.

I'll have to load up the latest RMC ruleset to see if I see the same issue. Traveling right now, so it may be a day or two.

Do you get the same error in v2.9.4? Have you linked your forum ID in the Settings to make sure you have the latest version?

Thanks,
JPG

ravencraft
October 21st, 2013, 13:29
The latest update to the beta fixed my issue. Thanks.

Dakadin
October 21st, 2013, 19:00
Hi Yondar,

That is actually a bug that v3.0 catches which v2.9.4 didn't. The ref_basicclasses.xml is missing the ending </root> tag.

It is fixed in the version you can download with v3.0 but since that is a ruleset PAK file isn't is getting overwritten by the ruleset folder.

If you feel comfortable with it, you can just add the </root> below the last line in the ref/ref_basicclasses.xml file or you can try renaming the RolemasterClassic folder in your rulesets folder so it uses the PAK.

Please let me know if you need any help with either option.

yondar
October 21st, 2013, 23:40
Ok thanks, It works fine now.