PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy Player Needed

sciencephile
October 17th, 2013, 14:57
Well, now that I finished developing the new Dark Heresy ruleset, I am ready to run my Dark Heresy campaign. I already have 4 players and I have room for one more if anyone is interested.

When: Weekly on a Sunday from 9 AM to 1 PM Pacific time
Using: Fantasy Grounds with its built-in text features
Rulebook: Dark Heresy core rulebook only
Desired Type of Game/Player: Roleplay centric with an appropriate smattering of combat
Experience: Willing to take new players, but I do want consistent players, not just one-time walk-ins

The campaign begins this Sunday, 10/20 so there is still time to get in from the ground floor. Sunday, we are finalizing characters and I will be giving the players an opportunity to practice using the system by throwing a couple of practice combats up, as well as giving instruction on how the ruleset works.

If interested, please send me a private message.

General Scenario:

The group will not be working for the Inquisition but will operate a bit more on their own. This game is run a bit more like Rogue Trader in that the players will operate a ship and run missions. The difference is that they do not have Rogue Trader status. The group should have a general heroic attitude in that they hate and fear chaos and fight for the Imperium but they can have a bit more shade of grey attitude in that they can be in it for the money. This is due to the nature of operating a vessel and taking on jobs, rather than the standard "you work for an Inquisitor" type of Dark Heresy mission.

sciencephile
October 20th, 2013, 17:35
Lost a player. Recruitment is back open.

Dr_Babylon
October 20th, 2013, 19:20
I will go on record to say that, if a text-only group becomes feasible, I should very much like to play a part in your campaign.

sciencephile
October 20th, 2013, 21:22
You're in.

Closed for recruitment. Positions filled. If anyone wants to be on a waitlist, please post below. Otherwise, I will repost should I need more players in the future.

Thanks,

Danny

glacius
October 29th, 2013, 02:15
Definitely want in, please place me on waitlist

Skoops6
November 3rd, 2013, 01:26
The same, I am very interested in playing.

sciencephile
November 10th, 2013, 16:52
Position open for a tech-priest. Any takers (must be willing to commit to a campaign). Thanks.

glacius
November 10th, 2013, 17:12
Taken and my preferred cladd, yes

Position open for a tech-priest. Any takers (must be willing to commit to a campaign). Thanks.

Skoops6
November 11th, 2013, 09:33
egh, missed it. if another opening comes up, i'd like it.

sciencephile
November 11th, 2013, 15:16
egh, missed it. if another opening comes up, i'd like it.

Maybe, maybe not. Just because a potential player says it is taken, doesn't make it so. It is true that he responded first but if he doesn't follow through with contacting me or does not like the idea of the campaign and turns out he doesn't want to play (or doesn't want to play long-term), then the position will still be available. If I do not post on here that the position is closed within a couple of days, then please PM me with your email address so I can discuss the position with you.

glacius
November 11th, 2013, 20:38
This is true, I did PM you sciencephile. So far what Im seeing , time works well, I have no issue with scenario and I can be consistent.

Dr_Babylon
November 12th, 2013, 05:38
Captain Abernathy Platt of the Ultima Transport Guild ship Meager Reward steeples her fingers and stares hard across the table at her newest crew member. It's possible she's making an attempt at being intimidating but the best she can hope for is something more in line with a bossy, precocious kid sister. She has yet to be convinced of the worth of the prospective recruit but she certainly can't deny that her need for a tech-savvy consultant is great.

(Hee hee! All I ask is that you take it easy on us folks who are a little less experienced with the Dark Heresy setting. Immersion takes time.)

Skoops6
November 12th, 2013, 12:20
Alright, I'll do that

sciencephile
November 12th, 2013, 14:25
Position is official taken. Skoops6, if I should get another opening in the future, I will sent you a PM.

Dr_Babylon, glacius is going to take over the Haxtur character (though he might be changed to Haxtus as he seems to respond to either name in game so far). He will roll up his own character but the persona himself is assumed to be the same one that is already aboard the Meager Reward, thus keeping a continuity of the characters and the story.

Dr_Babylon
November 12th, 2013, 17:29
Makes sense to me. We don't need any more ripples in the water, so to speak.

sciencephile
November 19th, 2013, 07:23
Well, the new recruit for the position of Tech Priest did not work out, unfortunately (schedule conflict).

Therefore, the position for Tech Priest is open again. The campaign has just begun so you won't be missing much. Our next game day is this Sunday, 11/24.

Skoops, you still out there? Please PM me you email if you are still wanting to play.

Just in case he is not, anyone else out there wanting to play a Tech Priest for a weekly Dark Heresy game from 9 am to 1 pm PST, please PM me, as well. Please note that the way I am running the campaign, it is very Rogue Trader-ish in story, it just uses the Dark Heresy rules. So therefore, potential players from Rogue Trader are welcome, as well so long as they are willing to use the Dark Heresy rules.

Skoops6
November 19th, 2013, 08:42
I sent you a PM :)

Dr_Babylon
November 24th, 2013, 16:57
Okay it seems like our most recent candidates were unable to meet our scheduling expectations. Are there any other interested parties who might wish to portray a Tech-Priest among our humble association? We could really use the mechanical expertise.

Current agenda has us playing for three or four hours starting at 12 noon EST on Sundays (more-or-less every week). We are still very early in our careers and there is much room for growth. There has been a good deal more personal interaction than tactical combat so far and I'm hoping to continue this trend.

Who's interested? You might find it helps get rid of the unpleasant aftertaste of church...

Dr_Babylon
November 27th, 2013, 08:13
C'mon folks. We're talking about the elusive white whale of a Dark Heresy-themed game on a schedule viable for western hemisphere players.

We've got a former Imperial guardsman with a mysterious past who lives or dies by his warrior's code. There's a delightfully amoral assassin with a vindictive streak nursing his own dark agenda. A sanctioned psyker once bound to the Inquisition contributes intuitive guidance and reserved self-control. And a meek, deposed aristocrat of an adept has somehow been elected to lead (at least in an administrative capacity). With these disparate personalities hurtling through the cold reaches of space on a tiny, inconsequential freighter, it's worth the price of admission just to see how they tolerate each other.

Our GM sciencephile runs a very tight game with a custom ruleset of astounding depth and detail and anyone interested would be doing themselves a favor by getting involved. I wouldn't make such a big deal of it but a fifth character would round things out nicely as far as the story is concerned and we really do need a tech-priest. If we lock our keys inside the ship we are sunk.

Blahness98
November 27th, 2013, 19:35
Wish I was able to, but I live at work still on the weekends..