PDA

View Full Version : How to whisper?

littleo
October 16th, 2013, 23:21
Can someone give me an example of how to type a whisper into the chat box? So, it's /w [player][whisper]? Is that the character name or player login name? Do I need the parentheses? Thanks much.
Mike D

Ikael
October 16th, 2013, 23:32
I don't have Call of Cthulhu ruleset, but the whispering doesn't (usually) need parentheses. Thou second question does your target have whitespace in his/her name, or example "Max the great"? If you're Keeper/GM you can also send your whispers to players alternative ways: Write something to chat (DO NOT HIT ENTER), drag from the chat-entry, and drop it to given player's portrait. This will (usually) make whisper Keeper/GM -> Player. Again everything is ruleset-depdendent, but in the most cases this is case.

Trenloe
October 17th, 2013, 00:02
The player name is the name of one of the characters the player is controlling.

Whisper commands in the CoC ruleset support auto completion of PC names if you press the <Tab> key. So, type the first few letters of the PC name after the "/w " and press <tab> - if the letters you have typed allow FG to uniquely identify the PC name it will auto complete the whole name. Type a space after the fully completed name and start typing your whisper.

An example whisper command to a PC called Conan would be:

/w Conan Hello!

littleo
October 17th, 2013, 03:07
Thanks guys, very helpful. Can players whisper back to the keeper?
Mike

Trenloe
October 17th, 2013, 03:13
Thanks guys, very helpful. Can players whisper back to the keeper?
Absolutely:

/w GM Stop killing me!

EDIT: Some rulesets (but not the current version of CoC) have a /reply <stuff> command which replies back to the last person to whisper to them - /r is the abbreviated command. I'm guessing that the /reply command will be available in the CoC ruleset when FG 3.0 is released.

Andraax
October 17th, 2013, 16:40
Some rulesets also have the "/wg" chat command - "Whisper to the GM".