PDA

View Full Version : Farmstead Battlemap

Xorn
October 15th, 2013, 21:04
Quick farmstead battlemap I threw together last night, 100px/5ft, enjoy!

Griogre
October 15th, 2013, 22:05
Nice map, thanks for sharing Xorn.

AstaSyneri
October 15th, 2013, 22:24
What did you use to make it?

damned
October 16th, 2013, 00:00
nicely done.

Xorn
October 16th, 2013, 09:35
What did you use to make it?

CC3/DD3, with the free Jon Roberts Annual style pack. I restricted myself to only using elements from that style pack and I think it kept a nice consistency. (Except the cart; I got that from the CSUAC collection.) After exporting a PNG, I then converted it to an 80% quality JPG to drop the file size significantly.

AstaSyneri
October 16th, 2013, 09:49
Ah. I didn't realize that CC3 could make maps that nice these days. My old CC2 maps were... ugly. Of course the program is only half the result (at most). I know... :(

Now I have to rethink whether to re-up my licences, fully knowing that time is going to be a critical bottleneck. Duh. Are there any other Annuals that you have worked with that you really recommend?

Xorn
October 17th, 2013, 00:08
Actually I've never bought an Annual. Joe Sweeney did a Battlemaps pack (free annual) and Jon Roberts did one as well (also free). You can get them both by going to Products > About Annuals, and there's download links for both. As far as getting good with DD3, check YouTube for the Joe Sweeney tutorials--they are AMAZING. As a matter of fact, here's his playlists:
https://www.youtube.com/user/joesweeney88/videos?sort=dd&shelf_index=5&view=1

That farmstead took me an hour, tops.