PDA

View Full Version : Test Release v3.0 (beta)

Pages : [1] 2

Moon Wizard
October 14th, 2013, 19:04
As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test and Dev mode slots (available via the FG Settings dialog) both contain this version right now. However, you should change to Test mode, if you were helping with the alpha; as I may use Dev for other testing. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the beta.

Remember, this is a beta release, which means that all the features should be in place. However, you should expect issues (hopefully minor).

The CoreRPG ruleset will now be the basis for all SmiteWorks rulesets going forward (including 3.5E, 4E, PFRPG, CallOfCthulhu and Castles and Crusades), which means that they should be functionally similar in many ways. The goal is to create a system that allows us to more easily update core functionality across all rulesets, while allowing ruleset developers to save some time by not having to build everything from scratch.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
JPG

Note 1: When switching back to Live mode, you will need to remove the 3.5E.pak and 4E.pak files from the rulesets subfolder of the FG data folder.

Note 2: For Call of Cthulhu switching back to Live mode, you will need to remove the CallOfCthulhu.pak file from the rulesets subfolder of the FG data folder, and re-install the ruleset from the download available on your order screen.

Thanks,
JPG

Acroyear
October 14th, 2013, 23:27
Very cool! Thanks for the great effort!

JohnD
October 15th, 2013, 02:52
So if we were using the Alpha, what is our path here?

Revert to Live 2.9.4, delete the pak files and update to Test?

Or can we go from Dev 3.0 to Test 3.0 straight?

unerwünscht
October 15th, 2013, 03:04
JohnD, I launched Fantasy Grounds, did the final patch for Dev mode, closed out of the program, re-launched Fantasy Grounds, changed my settings option to Test Mode, and forced another update. Everything "appears" to be working correctly for me.

Moon Wizard
October 15th, 2013, 03:31
You can just update to Test mode. They should be exactly the same at this point, so no need to go back to Release mode first.

Regards,
JPG

JMPerlin
October 15th, 2013, 04:18
Thanks

ElementalAjah
October 16th, 2013, 20:29
In the 4e ruleset, I notice there are a handful of fields on Personality/NPC/Vehicle records that can be edited even when the record is supposed to be locked. These include but may not be limited to:

Hit Points
Defenses
Initiative
Ability Scores

GMTroll
October 17th, 2013, 01:46
Love the new functionality added to tokens on the map and CT, especially auto scaling.

Having had a little play around it looks like Drag & Drop is broken in Win and Mac and the new folder buttons do not work / open the correct folders on Mac.

I tried the following in both PFRPG and 4E ruleset with the same results.

Mac OSX 10.8.5 WineSkin (combinations of Wrappers 2.5.11, 2.5.12 and Engines WS9Wine1.6, WS9Wine1.7.4):
- Open Data Folder - click on it an nothing happens
- Images & Maps Folder Button - opens a file browser pointing to the desktop not the campaigns images folder
- Tokens GM Button - opens a file browser pointing to the desktop and not the Host / GM tokens folder
- Tokens Shared Button - opens a file browser pointing to the desktop and not the Host / GM tokens folder
- Drag & Drop Images - does nothing, tried jpg and png files
- Drag & Drop Tokens - does nothing, tried png files

Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
- Open Data Folder - worked as expected
- Images & Maps Folder Button - worked as expected
- Tokens GM Button - worked as expected
- Tokens Shared Button - worked as expected
- Drag & Drop Images - does nothing, tried jpg and png files ***worked on retest after shutdown
- Drag & Drop Tokens - does nothing, tried png files ***worked on retest after shutdown

From what I have seen regarding drag & drop on the Mac that may be a limitation of Wine, but as it appears broken in Windows there may be hope. That may be the same for the folder buttons but as they work partially it may just be a matter of finding the right configuration.

unerwünscht
October 17th, 2013, 04:49
GMTroll,

On the drag and drop, where are you trying to drop the images and tokens, I just tested and both are working perfectly for me.
As for the 'open folder' buttons they are opening the last folder I had open, and I find that a little strange, but none the less they are functioning.
Granted I am using Windows 7 x64 and not vista.

GMTroll
October 17th, 2013, 10:33
I tried to drag and drop all over the Images and Maps panel, on and item in the list, between list items, with nothing in the list. I tried dropping tokens in the Tokens panel including on bags, in bags, on other token, on panel background.

Anyway it works correctly on Windows Vista x64 Ultimate this morning. Didn't do anything different, maybe my PC just needed to sleep like me :-)

GMTroll
October 18th, 2013, 00:25
I have managed to get most of the new 'open folder' buttons to work in Wine so that they open in the operating systems native file system browser, for me that is Finder on the Mac.

FIXED
Images and Maps - Folder button
Tokens - GM button
Tokens - Shared button

NOT FIXED
Launch Screen - Open data folder button

And here's my post on how to fix this in Wine https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19737-Guide-Fix-FGII-v3-Open-Folder-Buttons-in-Wine

Leonal
October 19th, 2013, 15:59
Interesting bug using latest Test and PFRPG. The text for saves and CMB is missing from the combat tab. I tried both as a player as shown in the screen shot attached, and by creating a new campaign.

Blackfoot
October 20th, 2013, 06:49
I'm getting and error when using the Library in the 3.0 version 3.5 ruleset.
When opening a 'skill' reference the Trained and Stat information is not given any space, the text area displays over the top of it.
Seems to be an issue with where 'ref_skill_stats' is being displayed.

ElementalAjah
October 20th, 2013, 23:34
Found a few more script errors in the 4E ruleset:

When a player character uses a healing surge (only reproducible when connected as a player, not from the GM view):

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct_entry.lua"]:77: attempt to index global 'type' (a function value)

This next one I have a really hard time trying to reproduce, but from the GM client it basically seems like an NPC using an area power which targets multiple PCs causes a script error when rolling damage against more than one enemy in certain conditions.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1397: attempt to get length of local 'aFocusBaseDice' (a boolean value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1397: attempt to get length of local 'aFocusBaseDice' (a boolean value)
(repeat per target)

Once the script error occurs, it causes the damage to no longer automatically apply to each target, and the error repeats itself every time the same power's damage is rolled again, but I haven't been able to figure out for sure what causes it to happen in the first place. Some powers seem to be unable to trigger the error at all. When a power can trigger the error, one set of steps that seems to have caused it sometimes though is:

Have NPC target multiple PCs
Roll attacks with error-prone power until 1 or more PCs are missed and automatically de-targeted.
Re-target missed PCs
Roll damage

Here is the full text of one power that I have gotten the error on:

Attack: Area burst 1 within 5 (living creatures in the burst); +12 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 10 necrotic damage.
Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. Any living creature that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 5 necrotic damage.

Moon Wizard
October 21st, 2013, 02:15
Updates

Formattedtextcontrol data in unexpected formats could cause campaign data corruption. Fixed.
Category delete group radial menu using the wrong image. Fixed.
[Core+] Warning generated in log about missing version information when creating new campaign. Fixed.
[3.5E] Missing labels on character combat tab. Fixed.
[3.5E] Skill reference windows not laid out correctly. Fixed.
[4E] Not all NPC fields locked when NPC record locked. Fixed.
[4E] Script error on client when player used healing surge. Fixed.
[4E] Script error when applying damage to multiple targets. Fixed.

JPG

bzjeurd
October 21st, 2013, 12:24
Hello,
Since the last update, I get an error 1223 when launching Fantasyground.exe. The executable is not recognized as a window program anymore.
My PC run Windows 8 last patches.

Bz.

damned
October 21st, 2013, 12:28
Updates

Formattedtextcontrol data in unexpected formats could cause campaign data corruption. Fixed.
Category delete group radial menu using the wrong image. Fixed.
[Core+] Warning generated in log about missing version information when creating new campaign. Fixed.
[3.5E] Missing labels on character combat tab. Fixed.
[3.5E] Skill reference windows not laid out correctly. Fixed.
[4E] Not all NPC fields locked when NPC record locked. Fixed.
[4E] Script error on client when player used healing surge. Fixed.
[4E] Script error when applying damage to multiple targets. Fixed.

JPG

Gee you guys are good :)

Moon Wizard
October 21st, 2013, 13:36
Bzjeurd,

That error is associated with Windows permissions, and specifically states that the user has cancelled the operation. You should make sure that Windows is not blocking the app from running.

Someone mentioned in the 3.0 alpha thread, but I can't pinpoint the exact post and response from my phone. Traveling today and tomorrow, so let me know if you can't find the previous post or figure out why Windows is blocking.

Regards,
JPG

ElementalAjah
October 22nd, 2013, 05:46
Amazingly fast work squashing these bugs!

I'm getting a new script error in 4E when applying damage to multiple targets. This one happens every time on every power I've tested.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:843: bad argument #1 to 'concat' (table expected, got nil)

bzjeurd
October 22nd, 2013, 12:06
Thanks Moon_Wizard.
I downloaded the last 3.0 version from my second PC running Win7, and the upgrade worked fine. So I copied the FantasyGround.exe to my Win8 pc and it works fine again.
I will debug this behaviour with the next upgrade as I have to make progress on my ruleset adaptation to V3 project! :)
Bz.

Moon Wizard
October 25th, 2013, 00:08
Updates

[3.5E/4E] Damage result status change messages now match combat tracker status messages.
[C&C] Labels migrated to string resources.
[4E] Script error on damage rolls. Fixed.
[C&C] EV incorrect for items with footnotes in PHB equipment table. Fixed.
[C&C] Inventory containers were incorrectly case sensitive for EV calculation. Fixed.

JPG

unerwünscht
October 25th, 2013, 00:22
Why Thursday nights!?!?! You keep updating shortly after my players start logging in, so only half of them get the updates....LOL

Moon Wizard
October 25th, 2013, 00:34
Just happens to be a day I get to work on FG the most. It's only 4pm here. ;)

JPG

dr_venture
October 25th, 2013, 21:40
Hmmm... perhaps I missed some conversation on this subject, but has the typing indicator been removed for both players and GM? Using C&C, and notice that when my player types, I no longer a dialog bubble on the character to indicate that something is being communicated. Also, when the GM types, I no longer see a ghosted dialog bubble superimposed on the chat window. Is this the new normal, or is something broken?

S Ferguson
October 25th, 2013, 22:09
Hmmm... perhaps I missed some conversation on this subject, but has the typing indicator been removed for both players and GM? Using C&C, and notice that when my player types, I no longer a dialog bubble on the character to indicate that something is being communicated. Also, when the GM types, I no longer see a ghosted dialog bubble superimposed on the chat window. Is this the new normal, or is something broken?

Make sure the option for "show character portrait" is on then try "speaking;" the voice balloons should show up fine.

Cheers,
SF

dr_venture
October 25th, 2013, 22:19
The portraits are on, and the speech bubbles do appear in the chat window around the text that has been entered... but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to the little text bubble icon that used to be superimposed on the character's portraits at the top of the FG window, above the chat window to indicate that the player was typing something. The counterpart to this was a chat bubble icon that would appear supermposed and ghosted at the top of the chat window to let the players know the GM was typing something.

S Ferguson
October 25th, 2013, 22:48
The portraits are on, and the speech bubbles do appear in the chat window around the text that has been entered... but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to the little text bubble icon that used to be superimposed on the character's portraits at the top of the FG window, above the chat window to indicate that the player was typing something. The counterpart to this was a chat bubble icon that would appear supermposed and ghosted at the top of the chat window to let the players know the GM was typing something.

Well, it's not very secretive if you're whispering a message to another player (or the GM) and everyone else is aware of it. I thought that function should have been deprecated earlier; others may disagree but the "show player's whispers" is an option I normally turn off (or on as the case may be) so that it's a bit more like real whispering.

Cheers,
SF

dr_venture
October 25th, 2013, 23:02
If you see a chat bubble appear then disappear without any text appearing, it doesn't necessarily mean anything - it could be people chatting with others, it could be that the person typing decided not to say anything, etc. On the other hand, as a GM running a text-only game, the other 99.999% of the time the chat bubble accurately alerts me to text that does eventually appear. It lets me know as a GM to wait to take action if there are one or more players trying to communicate something to me but haven't finished typing yet.

I would be *really* bummed if this feature was lost. I suspect it is a bug, as there are still chat bubble icons lying around in the ruleset, unused in C&C as far as my limited blackbox testing has shown. I would be totally happy with providing an Option to hide the chat icons for the Scott Fergusons out there :)

S Ferguson
October 25th, 2013, 23:15
If you see a chat bubble appear then disappear without any text appearing, it doesn't necessarily mean anything - it could be people chatting with others, it could be that the person typing decided not to say anything, etc. On the other hand, as a GM running a text-only game, the other 99.999% of the time the chat bubble accurately alerts me to text that does eventually appear. It lets me know as a GM to wait to take action if there are one or more players trying to communicate something to me but haven't finished typing yet.

I would be *really* bummed if this feature was lost. I suspect it is a bug, as there are still chat bubble icons lying around in the ruleset, unused in C&C as far as my limited blackbox testing has shown. I would be totally happy with providing an Option to hide the chat icons for the Scott Fergusons out there :)

Text only games are a little passé in the FG community with Skype, mumble, TeamSpeak and other VOIP programs out there. Text only would be the exception, not the rule. I wouldn't mind an option though for the Craig's out there .:D

Cheers,
SF

damned
October 25th, 2013, 23:29
teXt is i think becoming less and less popular but Doc makes a very valid point - in text only games it is very useful to know if some poor player is trying to hammer out his evasive action before you deliver the coup de grace.

S Ferguson
October 25th, 2013, 23:40
I'd say that it's almost becoming obsolete. I'd still make it an option, though, as the majority of games are VOIP. Eventually, as bandwidth increases, I see this feature going the way of the dinosaur. It really should be deprecated. I haven't found a need for texting (in FG not on my Galaxy IV) ever. I'd be interested to know why the good doctor thinks text should supersede voice.

Cheers,
SF

Ephyzul
October 26th, 2013, 00:11
In my personal experience, as limited as it is, I found text to hinder the session more than help in relation to what voice is offering. You honestly get a truer tabletop experience with voice, imagine writing down all your responses while sitting at the table in a face to face session. Last time I played, in 2008 and hopefully again really soon as I am anxious to delve back into VTT RPG, the guy that decided to GM had us all try and do in character voices, that was so hilarious. Voip also frees up a considerable amount of time.

You will probably come across someone that doesn't want to use voice due to lack of equipment or just being shy or whatnot, they can always listen and type, that would be a couple reasons to keep a chat option.

dr_venture
October 26th, 2013, 00:56
It has nothing to do with bandwidth - I prefer text. I have a small house, and having one person talking to himself in himself in the living room in not convenient or very nice to the other folks trying to use the living room every Friday night. Also, I prefer the style of gameplay, though it's not for everyone. Many of the players I've gotten also prefer text, though I think it's definitely the exception and not the rule these days.

In any case, there are other threads that discuss the topic in more detail in terms of pros and cons. I'm primarily trying to identify the issue to the Smiteworks guys and see if it's a bug or not.

Dakadin
October 26th, 2013, 01:01
I think it is a bug. The typing indicators don't seem to be working in the older rulesets or those based off the CoreRPG ruleset with FG v3.0.

Trenloe
October 26th, 2013, 01:34
Please do not deprecate the text entry notification just because a couple of individuals think that it is not used anymore or they have no use for it. There are still text games out there - yes a small number, but there are still people running text game. A few players and GMs prefer text as it is more immersive - this can be especially true if players are self-conscious when trying to role-play their characters via a voice channel. Even with voice, I frequently have players who are in a noisy environment and so type most of their responses - they listen to the voice channel but respond via text. Knowing that they are typing is very handy as I wait for their response rather than keep asking them what they want to do.

Scott - I have to say something here... I have seen a lot of posts from you over the last few months where you make a decision/strong recommendation on development, product direction, rules-implementation etc., where the end result is purely what you want or you feel how everyone else plays - when it is not the case! Please take this as constructive criticism - listen to what the other community members are saying and keep an open mind; just because you play a certain way and have specific requirements doesn't mean that everyone else does exactly the same or have the same needs. Thanks. :)

unerwünscht
October 26th, 2013, 01:45
I absolutely agree with Trenloe, we NEED text chat for games. I have a 6 year old with manic-depressive bipolar personality disorder that can fly off the handle and start yelling for no reason at any point in time. One of my players has a child with autism that spends most of his time yelling when we are playing. I have another player who's wife is anti-nerd and complains non-stop when we are gaming. If we were forced to play with voice, our game would be finished forever, no one can game with all those things going on in the background.

Moon Wizard
October 26th, 2013, 03:06
No plans to remove the typing indicators. If they are missing, it is a bug. I'll look into it.

Cheers,
JPG

damned
October 26th, 2013, 07:07
agree - the players that do play chat only often cant or wont play voice and whilst they are a minority many are very regular players.

dr_venture
October 27th, 2013, 01:33
Bug: In C&C, the rollover state for the Dice Tower does not fire when a Ability check is made from the character sheet's front page. Just dropping a die on the Dice Tower works as expected.

S Ferguson
October 27th, 2013, 01:50
Bug: In C&C, the rollover state for the Dice Tower does not fire when a Ability check is made from the character sheet's front page. Just dropping a die on the Dice Tower works as expected.

That's funny, ability rolls on the die tower seem to be working as advertised for me. Maybe you could elucidate the question?

Cheers,
SF

dr_venture
October 27th, 2013, 02:15
When I drag a regular old die over the dice tower, the tower's windows light up, and reset to unlit when the die is dropped. When the ability check die is dragged over the tower, the windows do not light up... though dropping the die does cause a hidden roll to occur correctly.

Midhir
October 27th, 2013, 04:52
I believe the field used to set the Duration increment of Spells has been mislabeled. It now shows Base for round, Str for minute, Dex for hour & Con for day.

Also the field used to set the increment of the duration (CL, 1/2 CL now shows Base & Attributes) is incorrectly labeled.

This is under the Pathfinder rule set.

Leonal
October 27th, 2013, 12:55
The pointers (e.g. square) are now slightly harder to move, as the box in the center rarely shows.

Edit: change degree of difficulty. :)

dr_venture
October 27th, 2013, 23:29
This isn't a bug, and I don't know how many people this affects, but here it is:

It would be really nice to be able to drag the dice from the icon on a Table and drop them onto an appropriate column on that table. Right now you can roll by either clicking on the Table's die icon, or dragging the dice from the Table's die icon onto the chat window. This is great for single column tables, but not for multi-column tables where the result from all columns is run together. Since I am using a home-made version of the Rolemaster critical tables, where each column contains a different roll result, I really miss the ability to just drag the dice straight from the icon to the table column.

You *can* roll on a single table column by dragging/dropping dice from outside of the table. I know... boo hoo!

Thant is all - I return you to your regularly scheduled forum listing.

S Ferguson
October 28th, 2013, 01:00
This isn't a bug, and I don't know how many people this affects, but here it is:

It would be really nice to be able to drag the dice from the icon on a Table and drop them onto an appropriate column on that table. Right now you can roll by either clicking on the Table's die icon, or dragging the dice from the Table's die icon onto the chat window. This is great for single column tables, but not for multi-column tables where the result from all columns is run together. Since I am using a home-made version of the Rolemaster critical tables, where each column contains a different roll result, I really miss the ability to just drag the dice straight from the icon to the table column.

You *can* roll on a single table column by dragging/dropping dice from outside of the table. I know... boo hoo!

Thant is all - I return you to your regularly scheduled forum listing.

I happen to concur. Matrices would be a nice addition 'cause rolling on multi-valued tables would solve a lot of PnP conversion issues.

Cheers,
SF

Moon Wizard
October 28th, 2013, 01:23
Midhir,

I wasn't able to reproduce the duration labeling bug on my side. I've attached a screenshot showing what I see.

Can you show me a screenshot showing what you see?

Thanks,
JPG

dr_venture
October 28th, 2013, 01:53
Another comment, don't know if it's a bug at all, but I've noticed that in the current build, the GM can no longer drag a comment in the chat window to another part of the chat window in order to re-publish it for the players. I guess that applies to players, too. I know that this can sometimes result in a mistake, where somebody can drag a previous comment into chat and republish it by accident, but it can also be useful: I have occasionally dragged hidden chat items back into the chat window in order to make them visible for everyone to see. I enjoyed the previous functionality, but don't know if I could muster much of an argument for removing it, if that's the plan.

A potential bug: you used to be able to select a block of text when editing a Story document and select the "link" format (for instance) and have all the lines in the selected text become links. In the current build, that functionality works for things like setting the style to boldface, but it doesn't work for setting a block of text to either all be links, or equally useful, setting all of the lines of text to be part of the same table. If you set a line of text to be a link, then paste a block of text with multiple lines into that spot, then all of the lines will be made into separate links. However, you cannot do the same thing to create multiple lines in a table.

It'd be really, really handy to be able to select a whole block of text, and set all of it to be either a table or a block of links. In the case of a table, the fastest way I have found to convert large tables in non-FG text files or HTML is by pasting the table into FG as a bunch of lines, then setting the first line to be a table, then using the backspace at the beginning of each line of text to "back" the line into the table row above it, then hit return to create a new table row. Needless to say, it's pretty tedious.

Xorn
October 28th, 2013, 19:09
I'll admit I haven't done much testing during the alpha, and I especially didn't do any live play with it. Today I decided to get on the bandwagon and help out, so I bumped up my laptop install to v3 and loaded up my 4EE campaign, along with an exported adventure module and my library modules. I just went through clicking and opening stuff and trying things out, doing some combat rolls, trying pretty much anything that happens in a typical session for us.

Wow. Really impressive.

So far I've only noticed one weird thing, and I can't tell if this is a feature or not, but whenever I add a token via the Combat Tracker, it scales to 80% of it's size. Even though I've locked the token scale already (so that a 64px token fits my 100px grid), it always makes them 80% of my grid. Now if I add tokens from an Encounter entry, they aren't adjusted to 80%.

So that means this really only applies to dragging characters in, since I add NPCs from the encounter entry anyway, but is this the expected behavior? If so, can I turn it off?

Lastly, I noticed an icon on the image toolbar I'm not familiar with: 9 little squares in a grid, after the grid button and before the targeting buttons. What is that for?

Trenloe
October 28th, 2013, 19:42
Lastly, I noticed an icon on the image toolbar I'm not familiar with: 9 little squares in a grid, after the grid button and before the targeting buttons. What is that for?
That's for group selection - for targeting. Click the icon, then you can click-and-drag a square on the map to select all of the tokens in that region.

Moon Wizard
October 28th, 2013, 21:21
Xorn,

There is a capability to automatically size tokens to fit the grid size when dragged from the combat tracker. It is set to scale to 80% by default to allow room to see the background faction coloring when using square/round tokens. If the token-to-map scale is not set when dropping a CT token on the map, then the code will set the global token-to-map scale; otherwise, it will scale the token individually. All of this considers the size of the creature in the CT, so that it doesn't matter what size token you use for a creature, it will auto-scale. The idea is that this feature shortcuts one of the more complicated map setup features.

What kind of tokens do you use? (no base, round base, square base)
What are your token sizes and grid sizes? (64x64px and 100px?)

There are two new buttons on the image window. The 3x3 dot grid button allows you to select a group of tokens, which can then be moved all together or used to define targeting. The targeting reticule button (without slash) allows you to specify tokens for the current selection to target. You can also SHIFT-click to add/remove a token to the existing selected token set; and you can CTRL-click to add/remove a target for the currently selected token set.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
October 28th, 2013, 21:22
Updates

Slightly increased threshold for displaying drag handles for pointers, but did not change the hit radius.
[Core+] Table roll button can be dropped on a specific column to create a roll only that reports the specific column only.
Only one extension was being loaded on the player clients, even if multiple extensions loaded on host. Fixed.
Typing indicators were not working. Fixed.
Vote slash command not displaying vote text. Fixed.
Vote box contained extraneous space. Fixed.
Script warning when setting uninitialized portrait as icon removed. (windowcontrol.setIcon, windowcontrol.addBitmapWidget, bitmapwidget.setIcon)
[CoC] Script error when attempting to roll Knowledge, Luck, Idea or Sanity checks. Fixed.
[C&C] Dice tower does not light up when dragging ability checks over it. Fixed.

JPG

dr_venture
October 29th, 2013, 00:37
I dunno if I'm the only one seeing this, but the typing indicators take several moments to disappear after typing has stopped. I can count about 5-Mississippi after I hit the enter key to send a message before the typing indicator disappears.

Xorn
October 29th, 2013, 01:36
Xorn,

There is a capability to automatically size tokens to fit the grid size when dragged from the combat tracker. It is set to scale to 80% by default to allow room to see the background faction coloring when using square/round tokens. If the token-to-map scale is not set when dropping a CT token on the map, then the code will set the global token-to-map scale; otherwise, it will scale the token individually. All of this considers the size of the creature in the CT, so that it doesn't matter what size token you use for a creature, it will auto-scale. The idea is that this feature shortcuts one of the more complicated map setup features.

The only issue I'm seeing then, is that even after locking the token scale (so my 64px round token is sized to fit a 100px square), if I remove the token then add it from the CT again, it still scales it to 80%.

What kind of tokens do you use? (no base, round base, square base)
What are your token sizes and grid sizes? (64x64px and 100px?)

Yes, round 64px and 100px squares usually.

Andraax
October 29th, 2013, 02:59
You know, I don't know if it's a bug or not, but on the party inventory sheet, if you assign a parcel item to a player, then click the sell button, it sells the assigned items. It would seem to me that when you click the sell items button, it sells all the unassigned items, then when you click the distribute button, it distributes all the coins and assigned items. The way it works now, you have to assign items, then do a distribute (which distributes coins and assigned items), then do a sell, then you have to distribute *again* to get the cash from selling distributed.

Unless I've missed something?

Midhir
October 29th, 2013, 15:29
Midhir,

I wasn't able to reproduce the duration labeling bug on my side. I've attached a screenshot showing what I see.

Can you show me a screenshot showing what you see?

Thanks,
JPG

Let me do further testing. It might be my the extension I made to change the tooltip for the Casting types (I cobbled it together poorely).

Moon Wizard
October 29th, 2013, 18:09
dr_venture,
I'll add the Enter key as an exception to typing (remove indicator, instead of add it). That's similar to the way it worked before.

Xorn,
I think this is going to be a preference thing, depending on the type of tokens you like to use. My thinking right now is to add an option for the auto-scaling feature (80%, 100%, off).

Andraax,
It's sort of a use case challenge at this point. Right now, there are two use cases I see. The first one is that you drag items from party sheet to character sheet to assign, and sell what remains. The second one is to use the assignment field to assign items, then distribute and sell what remains; which has the use problem you identified. The challenge is that the assignment field only supports one assignment per item group, and there's no quick answer to solve that. Multi-assignment using a simple delimiter (like comma) wouldn't work since character names can use the common characters. Plus, the auto-complete would need to be overhauled. I'm tempted to remove the assignment field for the short term and add in instructions to drag to assign, as the assignment field isn't as complete a feature as I would like and would need to be overhauled. As a halfway fix, I could block the sale of item groups that have an assignment, but I figure it's going to be a while until I can swing back to look at the party sheet assignment.

Regards,
JPG

Andraax
October 30th, 2013, 01:53
As a halfway fix, I could block the sale of item groups that have an assignment, but I figure it's going to be a while until I can swing back to look at the party sheet assignment.

If it just left items with a non-blank assignment field unsold it would be much more intuitive, in my opinion.

JohnD
October 30th, 2013, 02:24
If it just left items with a non-blank assignment field unsold it would be much more intuitive, in my opinion.

Agreed.

Bubo
October 31st, 2013, 01:17
I have a quick question regarding the 3.0 beta. If I am building a module using the current 3.0 release, will the exported module be usable under the 2.xx version of Fantasy Grounds?

Moon Wizard
October 31st, 2013, 04:31
It depends on the ruleset and record types you are exporting. The record structures between ruleset versions can change from time to time, and there were some minor tweaks in the 3.5E/PFRPG/4E rulesets to a couple record types. Most likely it will work.

Which ruleset and record types are we talking about?

Regards,
JPG

Bubo
October 31st, 2013, 13:00
I was in the middle of converting a source book for Call of Cthulhu when my group decided to switch to 3.0. I'm building story entries, NPCs, and images as part of the conversion.

Moon Wizard
October 31st, 2013, 21:52
For CoC, the data adjustments were made to character sheets, notes, and combat tracker; which are not stored in modules. So, you should be good to go with modules created in v3.0, and used in v2.9.4.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
October 31st, 2013, 21:52
Updates

Escape and Enter keys will reset typing indicators.
Modifier keys will not affect typing indicators.
[Core+] Added option for token auto-scaling. By default, tokens scale to 80% of grid.
[Core+] Tokens dragged directly from token bag are automatically sized to 1 grid square, if auto-scale option enabled.
[Core+] Party sheet items with assignments will no longer be sold when the sell items button pressed.
[Core+] Calendar window and refrence lists have their own frame definitions now.
[C&C] Secondary attributes now supported on main tab of character sheet. (See CKG tertiary attributes option).
[C&C] Skill attributes now display color to match main tab attribuite coloring when a skill attribute is prime or secondary.
[FG] When initiating vote with no players connected, vote box display messed up. Fixed.

JPG

Blackfoot
November 1st, 2013, 15:41
I don't know if this has been mentioned, added to 3.0, whatever... but this was mentioned to me this morning and I was reminded again about how awkward it is to activate an effect on the main character sheet. This really SHOULD be intuitive.. new players have enough trouble figuring out how to open a spell let alone.. 'click on the words' and then having them be in edit mode on that line and go ahead and screw up the effect's functionality by typing into it.
I 'think' this has been addressed in 3.0 and a button has been added there.. but in case it hasn't... please make the non-functional little man icon into a 'button' that activates the effect.

NOTE: I'm talking about the PF Ruleset here... likely the same for most of the others.

Willot
November 1st, 2013, 22:10
Also while im thinking about it. As the Spell functionality (Action Tab) is also used for other "special abilities" that apply spell like effects. How hard would it be to add a another "caster" catagory, we have Prepared,Spontaneous and point Caster. How about another"Spell like abilities".

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2013, 22:16
Blackfoot,
Good reminder. I have a player that has this problem every session. It's like he forgets how to use the whole interface between sessions. While the whole power/spell/action interface could use some help, I think a button for "rolling"/"applying" from spells would be useful.

Willot,
I'm going to be testing out an slightly different, but similar, interface with the 5E ruleset. Once it works well, I'm thinking of back-porting to 3.5E and 4E character sheet action tabs. More of an effort scheduled after v3.0 release though.

JPG

Blackfoot
November 2nd, 2013, 02:39
I wonder if it could be available on the spell without actually opening the spell... like on the mini sheet... just shorten up the short line description a bit and put the buttons there somewhere...

Callum
November 2nd, 2013, 10:42
Blackfoot's and Willot's suggestions are both really important ones that will make a big difference to my games. Although adding another "caster" category would presumably be fairly simple, the key thing to making that really useful would be stripping out all the hard-coded structure tied to spellcasting - spells per level, ability score used for calculating DCs, etc. - and making everything completely flexible. While this would then require entry of the needed items for each "spell"/ability, it would make it flexible enough to cater for every ability that could go in those slots - including feats, class abilities, racial abilities, etc.

Midhir
November 2nd, 2013, 14:04
Token scaling doesn't appear to be working on the PC client side. If you drag a token from the combat tracker or the token bag it scales correctly on the GM map but on the player map it comes in huge. Then the only way I have found to correct it is to adjust the scale in the combat tracker (increase or decrease then bring it back to the correct size) and it will display correctly on the player side.

Using PFRPG ruleset.

adminwheel3
November 2nd, 2013, 22:40
Crash condition for of one of my players [the only one on a Mac] - FG through Crossover ver 12.5.1 running Mavericks via Wine Loader - using the 4e ruleset

auto deselect on a miss when an PC makes a multi-target attack roll against an enemy - crash
auto deselect on a miss when an NPC makes a multi-target attack roll against an PC - no crash

As a side note, I think there are other crash conditions here related to the targeting arrows, and our Mac user, however the one above is the only one we were able to reproduce regularly.

Bubo
November 5th, 2013, 23:31
Question: How do you change the time in the Calendar under Call of Cthulhu and 4E Rulesets?

I've been playing with the new calendar in the Call of Cthulhu ruleset, which I believe is an adaptation of the calendar that's been in the 4E Ruleset. While I can change the date both for notes and for the button to send the date to chat, I cannot seem to figure out how to change the time. I switched to the 4E Tale of Dinor campaign to see if this is a bug, but I cannot figure out how to change the time there either. I suspect that I just don't know the correct method to change the time.

S Ferguson
November 5th, 2013, 23:50
Question: How do you change the time in the Calendar under Call of Cthulhu and 4E Rulesets?

I've been playing with the new calendar in the Call of Cthulhu ruleset, which I believe is an adaptation of the calendar that's been in the 4E Ruleset. While I can change the date both for notes and for the button to send the date to chat, I cannot seem to figure out how to change the time. I switched to the 4E Tale of Dinor campaign to see if this is a bug, but I cannot figure out how to change the time there either. I suspect that I just don't know the correct method to change the time.

if you are using the auto-scroll feature of the mouse, just turn the mouse wheel. Otherwise, use ctrl-mousewheel. That advances the time.

Cheers,
SF

Bubo
November 6th, 2013, 01:03
if you are using the auto-scroll feature of the mouse, just turn the mouse wheel. Otherwise, use ctrl-mousewheel. That advances the time.

Cheers,
SF

Thank you, that did the trick!

psicodelix
November 6th, 2013, 12:10
Hi,

I'm in process of translating the core ruleset to Spanish, and I've noticed that in the strings_common.xml file there is a lot of entries disabled by comments (all the butil-in text strings).

Will you allow to translate these as well?

damned
November 6th, 2013, 13:08
Hi,

I'm in process of translating the core ruleset to Spanish...

Hey! No getting side tracked! Back to work on the RuleSet Builder!
Ok, ok, so maybe opening the game up to a few million more people might be another good goal...

psicodelix
November 6th, 2013, 16:39
Hey! No getting side tracked! Back to work on the RuleSet Builder!
Ok, ok, so maybe opening the game up to a few million more people might be another good goal...

yeah!

in fact i'm not exactly translating, but looking for members of my playing community to do it ;)

don't worry, the ruleset builder fills all my thoughts...

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2013, 19:25
The commented out strings were actually added to the CoreRPG file to add a reference to strings used for the built-in radial menus for anyone performing a language conversion. They are actually hard-coded in the FG client, to support rulesets that don't provide those string resources; but don't need to be defined for English.

Cheers,
JPG

psicodelix
November 6th, 2013, 21:53
The commented out strings were actually added to the CoreRPG file to add a reference to strings used for the built-in radial menus for anyone performing a language conversion. They are actually hard-coded in the FG client, to support rulesets that don't provide those string resources; but don't need to be defined for English.

Cheers,
JPG

Nice!

jedorian
November 7th, 2013, 20:46
I am curious to know, will this new version have the option of editing critical threat range and multiplier values to spells? For instance, warlocks who have taken Improved Critical with their eldritch blast could adjust the value in their spell entry to 19-20 rather than the default of 20 currently in place. Or is this request already on the wish list?

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2013, 21:29
I'm not sure if it is, but it's not something I remember working on. Most of the functionality gain was tied to general improvements in the CoreRPG layer, and migrating the built-in rulesets to this CoreRPG layer.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 8th, 2013, 03:56
Updates

[C&C] Dwarf and halfling resistance abilities include +2 bonus and linked ability automatically when dropped on character sheet ability list.
[Numenera] Converted to use string resources.
[Core+] Script error when clicking on NPC links from unloaded modules. Fixed.
[4E/Numenera] Menu icon for "Stop Sharing" option in campaign list item radial menu not correct. Fixed.
[C&C] Script error when activating skill and ability rolls on character sheets. Fixed.

JPG

JohnD
November 9th, 2013, 04:08
C&C ruleset when player connects the game attempts to push the PHB file but it cannot be found. I am able to open the PHB on my end, and use drag/drop fine.

Problem is this error message keeps getting spammed to the tracking box continually... I loose the ability to type anything.

Wasn't happening before this latest update as far as I know.

damned
November 9th, 2013, 04:18
check whether you are FORCING this to load for players - if they dont own it they cant get it and it could be conflicting?

JohnD
November 9th, 2013, 04:29
Well, I did force, then the check and the red x - all had no impact. The error was that the PHB couldn't be found... which is strange as I was able to access it fine.

If it means anything, the player in question was on a demo version.

damned
November 9th, 2013, 04:31
you can access it because you have a copy. unlike teh pf and 3.5 rulesets c&C requires player to have a c&c license to be able to access PHB.

JohnD
November 9th, 2013, 04:42
Whoops my bad - I thought I could push it for use while he was connected. Is there a way to turn off those error messages then? Not being able to type because of them is a downer.

JohnD
November 10th, 2013, 07:29
3.5e game. Tokens placed on map autoscale on DM side but on Player client they don't. Doing a quick 're-size in the CT resolves, but that's not how it is supposed to work.

Myrddin
November 11th, 2013, 22:37
I just downloaded 3.0 in Test mode to start looking at the new functionality. The first screen on the FG launcher states "WARNING: This is a alpha release of Fantasy Grounds v3.0". Do I need to do something in particular to download the beta release? Or, should I just ignore the message as it is actually the beta version?

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2013, 22:52
JohnD,
I need to look into the module sharing issue, because I don't see it connected on same instance (most likely because the client can find it). I'll try setting up on another machine at my house.

Myrddin,
I just haven't updated the patch notes in the beta yet. If you updated recently, you have the right beta version.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 12th, 2013, 00:08
Just tried module sharing with my test campaign between machines, and it was working. I put red Xs on all modules but the PHB, which I put a green check on. I removed the rulesets, modules and cache folders from my player machine. When I connected to campaign over network, it downloaded the ruleset and campaign data. Then, when I requested the PHB module via the player client, it took a couple seconds, and then the data appeared.

So, the question is, what is different with your campaign or installation (JohnD and damned)? Can you get me a copy of the script error message?

Thanks,
JPG

JohnD
November 12th, 2013, 03:41
All I can think of that was different was that the one player was on the demo version. This never happened with the full group of Life or better licenses.

damned
November 12th, 2013, 04:53
i sent messages in the other thread.
every 1 second or thereabouts: Network Error: Unable to locate requested file 'client.xml@Players Handbook'

Moon Wizard
November 14th, 2013, 00:39
Updates

[C&C] Dropping a number onto character experience field now adds, instead of replacing.
Hot key titles not displaying all modifier keys pressed. Fixed.
[Core+] Tokens dropped by player onto maps were not being auto-scaled. Fixed.
[CoC] Script error when entering skills on the NPC sheet. Fixed.
[DEV] windowreferencecontrol - Add control attribute to description tag
[DEV] databasenode - getValue function returns read-only table of data for image nodes
[DEV] DB - getValue function returns read-only table of data for image nodes
[DEV] imagecontrol - getTokenScale is now allowed on clients
[DEV] tokeninstance - Add getContainerScale and setContainerScale functions

JPG

Moon Wizard
November 14th, 2013, 00:43
OK, the beta is going very well.

The big thing I am holding for at this point is finding a way to reproduce the crash bug that some people have reported when players are connected. Any information that you have on this issue, or any way to reproduce would be appreciated; so I can move this version towards release. This may be related to the new targeting feature when targets added/removed on client via scripts, but I haven't been able to confirm.

Thanks,
JPG

ElementalAjah
November 14th, 2013, 01:34
Not sure if this is the same crash bug but I do have a shared image in my campaign that fairly consistently (20-40% of the time) crashes players when they load it. I think I've even seen a case where one player loads the image and this causes one or more other players to crash.

The image is 420x420 pixels, has a 60x60 grid defined and almost every square has a token on it with a text label and not associated with the combat tracker. There is no mask layer. Most tokens are set to be hidden from the players.

(Just so people know what this strange image is, it's a treasure distribution grid. Each token represents a treasure parcel the players can find. When they earn treasure, they pick a square with a hidden token and I reveal it. The text label on the token specifies the parcel.)

Let me know if you need any more info or a copy of the campaign with the image.

S Ferguson
November 14th, 2013, 01:48
Not sure if this is the same crash bug but I do have a shared image in my campaign that fairly consistently (20-40% of the time) crashes players when they load it. I think I've even seen a case where one player loads the image and this causes one or more other players to crash.

The image is 420x420 pixels, has a 60x60 grid defined and almost every square has a token on it with a text label and not associated with the combat tracker. There is no mask layer. Most tokens are set to be hidden from the players.

(Just so people know what this strange image is, it's a treasure distribution grid. Each token represents a treasure parcel the players can find. When they earn treasure, they pick a square with a hidden token and I reveal it. The text label on the token specifies the parcel.)

Let me know if you need any more info or a copy of the campaign with the image.

That is a pretty cool way of distributing treasure. Regardless, I've also had large images take a dog's age to load and sometimes the player has to close and reopen the shared image to get it and the numerous tokens on the board (usually hidden) but it hasn't crashed consistently: i.e. I can't reproduce any of the errors; they just sporadically appear. Moon, is there a stack limit on the number of tokens allowed on the playing surface at one time?

Cheers,
SF

damned
November 14th, 2013, 02:24
my experience and the experience that was reported to me was crashing remote clients when a localhost connection was added - but I havent been able to reproduce yet...

Moon Wizard
November 14th, 2013, 22:34
Bummer, if I can just find reproduce that crash, I was thinking of a late Nov release. I just don't want to go live with a crash condition tied to such a common feature (image/token) though.

ElementalAjah, perhaps it is tied to tokens, and the greater number on your image triggers it more often. Can you send me a copy of the campaign folder (zipped)? ([email protected])

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 15th, 2013, 01:15
Updates

URL links in chat window not displaying correctly. Fixed.
[Numenera] Added icon to chat entry results for special rolls.
[Numenera] Added hero point house rule option to track intrusion XP separate from session XP.
[Numenera] Recovery roll results can now be dropped on a stat pool to heal that pool. Another message with amount applied, and remainder (if any) output to chat window.
[Numenera] Added training, damage type, range, and ammo fields to attack entries.
[Numenera] Added asset and misc modifier fields to defense rolls.
[Numenera] Added asset and misc modifier fields to skill rolls.
[Numenera] Added checkboxes to track mid-tier benefit choices.
[Numenera] Combat tracker not sorting. Fixed.
[Numenera] Cypher total did not update correctly when adding new cyphers. Fixed.
[Numenera] Script error when dragging or double-clicking attack damage. Fixed.
[Numenera] Party sheet coin distribution not working correctly. Fixed.

JPG

Mgrancey
November 15th, 2013, 22:56
Been attempting to update FG to 3.0 test version and have been getting:

Error:193. Attempting reinstall after error lead to complete stop.

I attempted in the past to install a second copy of FGII but it didn't seem to work, is there a way to do so, so that I can run a public and a test version.

Trenloe
November 15th, 2013, 23:04
I attempted in the past to install a second copy of FGII but it didn't seem to work, is there a way to do so, so that I can run a public and a test version.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19345-Installing-both-2-x-and-3-x-on-the-same-machine

Mgrancey
November 16th, 2013, 00:05
Okay new problem, I am getting a response about the FG Updater not being a valid Win32 application

GMTroll
November 16th, 2013, 01:33
On Wednesday night I ran a Pathfinder game with my group using FGIIv3. I was hosting from a Mac using Wineskin, with six clients all on Windows 7. I experienced two crashes where FG was frozen and would not not respond to the keyboard or mouse. No error messages were displayed, nothing in the Wine logs either.

Playing around with this some more I have found that the targeting is causing the host (Mac) to crash when a when a client (Windows) changes / removes targets (including using the targeting buttons on the images toolbar). Clients do not crash when the host changes targets.

When running a both the host and client on the same Mac the behaviour changes in that changes to target from either the host or client can cause a crash on the other.

Same thing happens in both PFRPG and 3.5E rulesets.

I haven't been able to test as the host on Windows.

I appreciate that this may be an issue with the Wine rather than FG. Have any other Mac / Linux users encountered this?

Other things I have tried / confirmed
Hosts and clients fully patched to latest version
Cross platform compatibility is checked in settings for the host
Tried different Wine engines (using Wineskin)
Switch the Wineskin wrapper windowing driver between Mac driver, wrappers builtin Xquartz, and system installed XQuartz
Rebuilt Wineskin wrapper from scratch, not just changing the engine

Moon Wizard
November 16th, 2013, 07:40
Mgrancey,
Your best bet is to remove all Fantasy Grounds folders from your program files directory, download the installer from the web site, and use the web installer to update.

GMTroll,
Thanks for the detailed info. I don't have a Mac locally, but I'll see if I can recreate locally. I might want to get a copy if your campaign as well. I am at a workshop all weekend, so I will be following up on Monday.

Thanks,
JPG

Mgrancey
November 16th, 2013, 07:48
Yep, that was what I figured, weird issue of not being able to find it in "Programs and Features" and included Uninstaller wasn't working either same issue about updater. So it took a couple of progressive steps to get it all fixed up. Done working on it tonight, will work on the Dual installation over weekend. Mostly want it for Numenera and the Strange!, (yay for early christmas gift!)

adminwheel3
November 16th, 2013, 19:28
Re-quoting my previous error report from page 7 since it may have been overlooked

Crash condition for of one of my players [the only one on a Mac] - FG through Crossover ver 12.5.1 running Mavericks via Wine Loader - using the 4e ruleset

auto deselect on a miss when an PC makes a multi-target attack roll against an enemy - crash
auto deselect on a miss when an NPC makes a multi-target attack roll against an PC - no crash

As a side note, I think there are other crash conditions here related to the targeting arrows, and our Mac user, however the one above is the only one we were able to reproduce regularly.

cscase
November 17th, 2013, 04:40
In the combat tracker, if you click on the "Next round" button at the bottom right and then drag, an error message is produced:

Script Error: [string "combattracker_host:advance_round"]:1: attempt to index field '?' (a boolean value)

ElementalAjah
November 17th, 2013, 05:40
New 4e issue: In the Skill Challenge window, entries under the 'Skill Checks and Details' section do not word wrap and ignore explicit line breaks.

S Ferguson
November 17th, 2013, 17:39
In the combat tracker, if you click on the "Next round" button at the bottom right and then drag, an error message is produced:

Script Error: [string "combattracker_host:advance_round"]:1: attempt to index field '?' (a boolean value)

This actually happens with the advance button at the bottom of the CT as well. Same Error.

bzjeurd
November 18th, 2013, 23:25
Hello moon_wizard,
I played a little with the new buttonfield and I saw a strange behavior... or maybe its normal!
If I define a buttonfield with 2 <state> tags, when I get the value of each state, the first <state> value is 1 and the second <state> value is 0.
If I define a buttonfield with 4 <state> tags, the first <state> value is... 3! the second <state> value is 0, the third one is 1 and the fouth one is 2...
As I need to fire function depending on the value of the buttonfield control, is this behavior correct and definitive?

Thanx in advance.

Bz.

Moon Wizard
November 19th, 2013, 00:24
adminwheel3,
This is the primary issue that I'm trying to track down before I can consider releasing v3. Any help you can give me on how to reproduce would be very helpful.

cscase/SFerguson/ElementalAjah,
Thanks for the reports, on my list to fix.

bzjeurd,
My assumption in all the ruleset code I have written is that the state tags are assigned values starting from zero. I have not seen any behavior like you mentioned. Can you send me an example ruleset and instructions to see this issue to [email protected]?

Thanks,
JPG

Mgrancey
November 19th, 2013, 07:15
As feedback, I do like the lock on adding a new object to whatever I am working on, but find it somewhat annoying when I am working on prep/setup work in FG. If not too much trouble I would suggest adding a preference for turning this on or off durring a session. I would definitely like the lock on while running, but would rather be able to turn it off during setup.

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 19:07
When a player try to load an image after he click to "image", it is crashing. Anyone has is bug ?

I am running windows 7 and FG3 "test" version, like the player.

Thanks

EDIT : With my ruleset VtM based on coreRPG.

Trenloe
November 19th, 2013, 19:29
When a player try to load an image after he click to "image", it is crashing. Anyone has is bug ?

I am running windows 7 and FG3 "test" version, like the player.

Thanks

EDIT : With my ruleset VtM based on coreRPG.
So does it happen if you just run CoreRPG with the same images in a new campaign?

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 19:33
i am looking for a player which can join me with FG3 beta for try this test.

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 20:25
Apparently it is crashing at the first image sharing with my ruleset.
I have tested with the coreRPG without problems.
After i have try again with my ruleset, and no problems.

kdietri
November 20th, 2013, 04:52
Hello Moon,

Super stoked for this new version.

I know in the Savage Worlds ruleset you used to (probably still can) be able to share npc's so that PC's (clients) could control them. Would it be at all possible for that to be made Core+ or at the very least 3.5/PFRPG?

Thanks for all your hard work Moon.

kdietri
November 20th, 2013, 05:25
I noticed that Clients can now view the bestiary, however they can't see any of the client NPC's.

When I tried to drag an NPC from the bestiary in the library to the client NPC list I got the following error.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_campaigndata.lua"]:30: copyNode: Invalid parameter 2

Also, when the clients have creatures open from the Beastiary in the library they can roll attacks with them but they can't drag those attacks onto the CT or Map to see if they hit.

Moon Wizard
November 21st, 2013, 21:58
Mgrancey,
When new records are created, the lock is off by default. When records are dragged between lists to create copies, they are typically locked by default.

earthworm3,
Can you recreate the crash situation whenever you want? Is it the same image causing the issue each time? This is exactly what I'm trying to track down before release.

kdietri,
Sharing NPCs will have to be a separate feature in another release, since I'm just cleaning up bugs at this point trying to get this to release. This is also going to apply to rolling from NPC sheets. You can throw these on wish list as well.
On the script error, this only occurs when clients try to drag and drop NPCs onto the campaign NPCs list. Since the campaign NPC list is only editable by the GM, it should just fail quietly. The bug is that it throws a script error.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 22nd, 2013, 01:17
Updates

Links dropped on chat window were not being shared correctly. Fixed.
Found one possible crash condition related to unsharing image records after client had closed window on their side. Fixed.

JPG

Trashkicker
November 24th, 2013, 17:25
i'm trying to understand the players journal in the calendar. It works fine if you have the GM do all the work, but is there a way to open the players notes to allow them to managed by the pc's? Its a cool feature, but as the GM i don't want to do all the work there. would much rather have the players manage there own notes.

S Ferguson
November 24th, 2013, 18:45
i'm trying to understand the players journal in the calendar. It works fine if you have the GM do all the work, but is there a way to open the players notes to allow them to managed by the pc's? Its a cool feature, but as the GM i don't want to do all the work there. would much rather have the players manage there own notes.

The calendar's separate notes feature was destined to be designed to be a GM only tool. There were a couple of reasons for this, but they were mainly to keep the calendar simple but functional. One was the sharing issue - who exactly owned the notes? It would have been a bit of a coding nightmare (mind you this was before CoreRPG). Another factor was to keep the database "bloat" under control - if you give someone a hammer everything becomes a nail, and there was a concern that players would "spam" the notes feature. Imagine getting 30 or more entries for the same day every time something happened, and having to sift through all that information before the next game. The easiest solution to all these problem was to make it GM only - he/she could write succinct notes for the players, and could keep his own "agenda" separate.

It also wasn't desirable to take away from the Notes feature. Each player remembers things differently and it was thought that it would be easier for the players to write in their respective notes the things they deemed important. The aim was to eventually have it work in conjunction with a notes feature similar to the one used in the RMC ruleset, in which the GM has his own notes section and can view the other players notes as well. The calendar then would just be a part of game setup and then used in game as a timeline of major events, past present and future.

I'd personally put down the viewable notes on the wishlist, as I think Moon is just cleaning up the last of the bugs before FGIII's release.

Cheers,
SF

earthworm3
November 24th, 2013, 19:05
to moon_wizard -> i cannot retry again the same bug.

Trashkicker
November 24th, 2013, 19:07
The calendar's separate notes feature was destined to be designed to be a GM only tool. There were a couple of reasons for this, but they were mainly to keep the calendar simple but functional. One was the sharing issue - who exactly owned the notes? It would have been a bit of a coding nightmare (mind you this was before CoreRPG). Another factor was to keep the database "bloat" under control - if you give someone a hammer everything becomes a nail, and there was a concern that players would "spam" the notes feature. Imagine getting 30 or more entries for the same day every time something happened, and having to sift through all that information before the next game. The easiest solution to all these problem was to make it GM only - he/she could write succinct notes for the players, and could keep his own "agenda" separate.

It also wasn't desirable to take away from the Notes feature. Each player remembers things differently and it was thought that it would be easier for the players to write in their respective notes the things they deemed important. The aim was to eventually have it work in conjunction with a notes feature similar to the one used in the RMC ruleset, in which the GM has his own notes section and can view the other players notes as well. The calendar then would just be a part of game setup and then used in game as a timeline of major events, past present and future.

I'd personally put down the viewable notes on the wishlist, as I think Moon is just cleaning up the last of the bugs before FGIII's release.

Cheers,
SF

Gotcha, Thanks for the quick reply.

JohnD
November 24th, 2013, 20:24
Calendar entries are tricky and can be time consuming for a DM to keep a running summary from session-to-session (day-to-day).

If you really want as DM to have players input content, have them write their impressions in a Note and then you can cut/paste into the calendar entry between sessions and attribute the content to a specific PC (almost as if the party were keeping their own journal). You can incent this via XP awards for contributing.

cscase
November 25th, 2013, 02:45
If FG is maximized and you are at the launcher, right-clicking the background results in an error message:
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (closeprogram)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (restorewindow)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (arrangedice)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (lockdice)

Myrmidion
November 25th, 2013, 14:14
I can´t wait until the update is released. Is there any ETA?

Trenloe
November 25th, 2013, 16:12
I can´t wait until the update is released. Is there any ETA?
Latest info - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19939-Setting-grid-scale-and-Auto-scaling-tokens-based-on-npc-size-listings&p=161780&viewfull=1#post161780

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2013, 07:01
Updates

Updated sharing feature to cascade sharing/unsharing of links within formatted text fields.
Centered layout of chat entries that have icons, but no die/number box.
[Core+] Added buttons to apply modifiers and effects in the campaign modifier and effect lists.
[3.5E/PFRPG/4E] Changed all spell action entries to include buttons to apply roll (cast, attack, clc, save vs., damage, heal, effect).
[3.5E/PFRPG] Added quick roll buttons to spell entries on main character sheet, and moved short description field under details.
[4E] Added quick roll buttons to power entries on main character sheet.
[C&C] When rolling critical hit or fumble on attack rolls without a target specified, the critical hit/fumble tag will now be added to the roll result text.
Script error when right clicking on launcher background while maximized. Fixed.
[Core+] Next actor and next round buttons would throw script error when dragged. Fixed.
[Core+] Dragging NPC links to campaign NPC list or combat tracker on the client would generate a script error. Fixed.
[4E] Skill Checks and Details fields in skill challenge encounters would not wrap text. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2013, 07:02
Please post or send me a quick note when you run a game with the beta version, and please include the ruleset you used.

I want to move this towards release, and want to make sure it's being tested in real gaming situations.

Thanks,
JPG

unerwünscht
November 26th, 2013, 07:41
Well then, on that note, I say lets put the new Fantasy Grounds to the test for him.
I have an ultimate license, and am willing to run a series of short no plot arena games with 3.5E. Who wants to build some level 10 characters and put them to the test?

viresanimi
November 26th, 2013, 10:02
Running PFRPG on Win 8 newest Beta release.

I got following error the first time I pressed the "looking glass" button under spells in the actions tap, to see the spell descriptions. This only happened when I opened and closed the first spell description.

Runtime Notice: s'NAME' | s'Arcane Mark'
Runtime Notice: s'USE POWER' | windowcontrol = { x,y,w,h = 5,7,10,10 } | bTRUE
Runtime Notice: s'COUNTER' | windowcontrol = { x,y,w,h = 20,2,0,0 } | bFALSE

Hope this helps.

Vires Animi

Andraax
November 26th, 2013, 15:44
Please post or send me a quick note when you run a game with the beta version, and please include the ruleset you used.

I've used the beta for the last 3 game sessions with my private group, and it worked well when I used it during the FG online con a few weeks back. C&C in both cases.

GMTroll
November 26th, 2013, 17:03
I discovered, by accident, that if you click the right mouse button on the loading screen (after start to host / join a game) you get the same error as reported by cscase for the launch screen (launch screen is now fixed).

Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (closeprogram)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (restorewindow)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (arrangedice)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (lockdice)

The above message shows in the console on Windows but otherwise runs ok, but running in Wine on Mac it terminates with a windows encountered a serious error message (I have a backtrace is needed).

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2013, 20:20
Updates

[3.5E/PFRPG] Removed debug output from character spell list.

JPG

Blackfoot
November 26th, 2013, 21:19
Odd thing. CoreRPG didn't display it's usual info in the chat window.. (just the JPG icon)... when I loaded up my ruleset after the update... not important obviously.. but.. I'm not sure why it would change.

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2013, 23:25
Only the PFRPG notice should appear in the chat window. Are you only seeing the one notice for PFRPG, or no notice?

JPG

Blackfoot
November 27th, 2013, 02:29
Only the PFRPG notice should appear in the chat window. Are you only seeing the one notice for PFRPG, or no notice?

JPG
Maybe I'm confused... but I thought it displayed differently before the most recent update.
I'm running my Champions Ruleset and inheriting the CoreRPG ruleset...
It is displaying the JPG tag.. but nothing else... I thought it used to display the CoreRPG info in addition to the tag.
It displays my info for the Champions Ruleset.. but..

Trenloe
November 27th, 2013, 03:06
Maybe I'm confused... but I thought it displayed differently before the most recent update.
I'm running my Champions Ruleset and inheriting the CoreRPG ruleset...
It is displaying the JPG tag.. but nothing else... I thought it used to display the CoreRPG info in addition to the tag.
It displays my info for the Champions Ruleset.. but..
What does the CoreRPG ruleset do on its own? Are you sure your layer on top of CoreRPG is not overwriting something?

Blackfoot
November 27th, 2013, 03:14
Maybe I'm delusional.. I just thought it displayed something yesterday that it isn't today.
I didn't change anything I just loaded up.
If it doesn't display anything... I'm not sure where the JPG tag is coming from... I thought there used to be some text about FG or CoreRPG that came after that tag yesterday.

Trenloe
November 27th, 2013, 03:33
If it doesn't display anything... I'm not sure where the JPG tag is coming from... I thought there used to be some text about FG or CoreRPG that came after that tag yesterday.
Load up a CoreRPG only campaign - you will see that it displays the icon and a message. Check that this is happening for your CoreRPG ruleset (to be sure you have the latest and it is working).

If the CoreRPG only displays it's "welcome" message OK, but then your custom ruleset doesn't display it's own message correctly (or whatever you have programmed it to show) then it is more than likely an issue with how your ruleset handles the ruleset "welcome" message display into the chat window. Look in desktop.lua onInit().

Blackfoot
November 27th, 2013, 04:28
This is what it was displaying up until yesterday... followed by the little blurb you see below... that comes from this line of code in data_common.lua

function onInit()
-- send launch message
local msg = {sender = "", font = "sheetlabel"};
msg.text = "Running the Champions Ruleset! Based on the Hero System 5th Edition rules for the Champions Roleplaying game.";
ChatManager.registerLaunchMessage(msg);
end
This is what it displays today... I don't much care.. it just seems like there's a bug somewhere.
It is still displaying the JPG tag... but not the text... the normal text gets displayed on the same line as the tag.. the init text comes after... separate things.

Trashkicker
November 27th, 2013, 05:04
While playing tonight, my players continue to get the following error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_class.lua"]:312: attempt to index field 'header' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_class.lua"]:253: attempt to index field 'header' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_class.lua"]:253: attempt to index field 'header' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action_mini.lua"]:16: attempt to index field 'parentcontrol' (a nil value)

We got these every time the players would try to use Spells and such from the mini Character sheet

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2013, 08:33
Blackfoot,
Can you link me a copy of the Champions ruleset in progress? (either post or email ([email protected]))

JPG

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2013, 08:56
Updates

[3.5E/PFRPG/4E] Script errors when using character spell/power mini sheet. Fixed.

JPG

Trashkicker
November 27th, 2013, 15:51
Updates

[3.5E/PFRPG/4E] Script errors when using character spell/power mini sheet. Fixed.

JPG

Tested mini sheets and looking good! But i did get the following error when creating the spell on the character sheet:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/list_spell.lua"]:43: attempt to index field 'cost' (a nil value)

Received error every time I clicked to add new spell (drag and drop existing spells did not reproduce)

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2013, 19:45
Trashkicker,

Thanks for the timely reports. I made a last minute change to implement action buttons for powers/spells that's been on my list for a while, and one of the things that confuses players a lot. Of course, that's one of the most complex sheets in the ruleset, so I broke some stuff. Apologies.

JPG

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2013, 19:47
Updates

[3.5E/PFRPG/4E] Script error when manually adding spells. Fixed.

JPG

Trashkicker
November 28th, 2013, 02:48
Trashkicker,

Thanks for the timely reports. I made a last minute change to implement action buttons for powers/spells that's been on my list for a while, and one of the things that confuses players a lot. Of course, that's one of the most complex sheets in the ruleset, so I broke some stuff. Apologies.

JPG

I saw that update before and figured just some links got broken in the script.

Just retested, and all looks good! (by the way love the new spells layout, well worth last nights little bugs!)

Blackfoot
November 28th, 2013, 08:35
The Links on the skills tab in 3.5 and PFRPG don't seem to want to receive the info from the Basic Rules book anymore when you drag the link to the box, I had thought I was doing something wrong in my Custom Champions Ruleset but it seems the problem is the same in the original.

If I edit the db and manually put the link in.. it works.. it seems to be a problem with drag & drop on the skills page. I had checked for something being set to readonly at MW's suggestion but I didn't see anything... unless it is higher up the chain.

JohnD
November 28th, 2013, 14:02
The Links on the skills tab in 3.5 and PFRPG don't seem to want to receive the info from the Basic Rules book anymore when you drag the link to the box, I had thought I was doing something wrong in my Custom Champions Ruleset but it seems the problem is the same in the original.

If I edit the db and manually put the link in.. it works.. it seems to be a problem with drag & drop on the skills page. I had checked for something being set to readonly at MW's suggestion but I didn't see anything... unless it is higher up the chain.

Noticed this as well... thought it was a PEBCAC issue though. :bandit:

Blackfoot
November 28th, 2013, 15:17
Thinking about the skill links issue... those boxes move when you turn 'edit mode' on and off.. might it have something to do with that?

GMTroll
November 30th, 2013, 10:49
On Wednesday night I ran a Pathfinder game with my group using FGIIv3. I was hosting from a Mac using Wineskin, with six clients all on Windows 7. I experienced two crashes where FG was frozen and would not not respond to the keyboard or mouse. No error messages were displayed, nothing in the Wine logs either.

Playing around with this some more I have found that the targeting is causing the host (Mac) to crash when a when a client (Windows) changes / removes targets (including using the targeting buttons on the images toolbar). Clients do not crash when the host changes targets.

When running a both the host and client on the same Mac the behaviour changes in that changes to target from either the host or client can cause a crash on the other.

Same thing happens in both PFRPG and 3.5

I have done some further testing of the new targeting system in Wine on both Mac and Linux this time and confirm that it is still causing FG to freeze up in Wine on both Mac and Linux. I also tested in Core, 3.5, of PFRPG, and 4E rulesets with same results.

Configurations tested on:
Mac = OS X Mavericks
All test host and client on localhost
Mac - latest stable and dev Wine releases (1.6, 1.7.7) in WineSkin
Mac - CrossOver Wine builds in WineSkin
Mac - installed latest stable and dev Wine builds using MacPorts
Linux - latest Wine 1.7.7 on Ubuntu 12.04

Pin pointing the exact point that the crash / freeze occurs is beyond my current skills though.

I also managed to test on Windows Vista and the targeting worked flawlessly.

Whilst the rest of FG seems to be working fine under Wine the targeting system is particularly useful for making it clear who's targeting who and automating outcomes do die rolls (if turn on). If FG v3 releases before this fixed, in either FG or Wine, this issue will need to be made clear in the release notes as FG has been sold as compatible with Wine on Mac and Linux for a while now and it would appear there are several folks who run it this way.

Moon Wizard
November 30th, 2013, 20:31
Update

Potential crash issue while performing any client targeting. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
November 30th, 2013, 20:33
GMTroll,

Can you download the version I just added to the updater, and see if you can reproduce again?

I found one case that I think might have been causing the issue. I looked for others in the same area of the code, but did not find anything else that looked like a similar problem. I want to make sure that the issue you reported is addressed.

Thanks,
JPG

GMTroll
November 30th, 2013, 21:05
Hi moon_wizard, thanks for the reply. I won't have access to a Mac this weekend but will be able to give the update a test on Monday.

ElementalAjah
December 1st, 2013, 22:16
I was having trouble mousing over a square pointer to delete on a map today. The map was zoomed in a bit and I noticed that the pointer seemed to act as though it was being moused over when the mouse was off to the right and below it. When I zoomed the map out it seemed to work fine. 4e if it matters.

GMTroll
December 2nd, 2013, 21:11
Update

Potential crash issue while performing any client targeting. Fixed.

JPG

Superb work Moon, this has fixed the crashes I was having on with targeting on the Mac. :-)

Blackfoot
December 2nd, 2013, 22:32
Running my first 'live' game using the 3.0 beta tonight.. players are finding they no longer have access to most of the Party Sheet. I don't see any settings anymore to allow them access. (I found this same issue in my Champions ruleset). Are these controls hidden somewhere new or are they just missing?

Also the ruleset is a bit less forgiving about missing tokens I see. Some of my modules which had code for tokens but no tokens are crying about it now (they didn't cry before)

kdietri
December 2nd, 2013, 23:40
Attempting to arrow to the end of an effect line gives the following error:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_textitem.lua"]:41: attempt to index field '?' (a boolean value)

Attempting to drag and drop effects from a character's sheet to the universal effect list gives the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:110: attempt to index local 'rEffect' (a nil value)

Attempting to drag an effect from the universal effect list onto a character's sheet gives the following error:

Script Error: [string "label"]:1: attempt to call field 'onDragStart' (a nil value)

Clients no longer see the little grey halo around the active token on the map. This used to be very useful to note who's acting.

Moving or resizing pointers after they've been dropped seems glitchy. Sometimes you can do it, other times the center or end point appears but when you hover offset to them and you can't pick them back up.

kdietri
December 2nd, 2013, 23:48
I was having trouble mousing over a square pointer to delete on a map today. The map was zoomed in a bit and I noticed that the pointer seemed to act as though it was being moused over when the mouse was off to the right and below it. When I zoomed the map out it seemed to work fine. 4e if it matters.

This is exactly the issue I was seeing the PFRPG ruleset. Both clients and GM were seeing it.

kdietri
December 3rd, 2013, 01:20
Attempting to drag an effect from the universal list onto an npc on the combat tracker or token on map gives the following error.

Script Error: [string "label"]:1: attempt to call field 'onDragStart' (a nil value)

Edit: Attempting to drag the text of an effect I should note, the effect icon functions normally.

Blackfoot
December 3rd, 2013, 03:26
We ran into a few issues with the new interface:
1) The GM cannot drag hidden rolls to the chat window to be viewed.
2) Targeting in general does not seem to be as intuitive as the previous version.
3) It is hard to select and deselect people, including yourself.
4) When targeting 'friendly' units attacks, damage, and healing do not get applied to the target unless the target is owned by the attacker/caster.
5) Target 'lines' get very cluttered and there is no die color to distinguish them anymore.
6) Facing and Target lines can overlap, hiding target information completely.
7) Clients can no longer see GM hits and damage results when GM rolls are hidden. (a 3 way toggle would be good: show all, show result only, show none)
8) Hotkeys set up in previous versions do not react correctly. New hotkeys work properly. So players will need to reset all of their hotkeys when they convert to 3.0
9) Token locations have changed... tokens saved in 'campaigns/[campaign]/tokens' no longer show up in the token box... this looks like it will all need to be redone when converting a campaign to 3.0

S Ferguson
December 3rd, 2013, 17:08
Actually I find the targeting in the new system to be far more intuitive than the last version. A CTRL-Click isn't to difficult for my non-map trained mind to understand. :) I do agree that some of the points you made concerning line overlap and facing, but they're easy enough to work around. Actually I just use the facing feature to determine LOS and that's about it. The line crossing can be confusing, but I think it's a small price to pay for the ease in targeting and removing the target.

Cheers,
SF

Blackfoot
December 3rd, 2013, 17:48
What does Ctrl-Click do? I wasn't even aware there was that sort of feature.. (read as not intuitive)

Trenloe
December 3rd, 2013, 17:56
What does Ctrl-Click do? I wasn't even aware there was that sort of feature.. (read as not intuitive)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19378-CnC-v3-0-testing&p=158090&viewfull=1#post158090

S Ferguson
December 3rd, 2013, 17:58
Point taken. Mind you most features of FG could be categorized that way if you think about it.:) VTT's are de facto non intuitive. Dragging crosshairs on targets that confused me unitl I was told about it?:) Hopefully documentation will follow the release. It's usually (and kind of sadly) the last thing written after the code.

Cheers,
SF

Longspeak
December 3rd, 2013, 18:07
Looks like this is the spot for feedback on the beta.

New user, freshly installed ultimate license. I wanted to peek at the beta. When I switched to Test, it loaded up the beginning screen, but then FG seemed to crash, dumping me back to the desktop. There was a "FantasyGrounds.exe" in my task manager, using 116kb, which couldn't be manually ended. I had to hard restart my computer because it hung in the logout screen after that.

When I went to the updater and switched back the the 2.9.4, it loaded and worked fine.

S Ferguson
December 3rd, 2013, 18:18
I (and a few others) have experienced a few problems with the server. Dumping you back to the desktop to open up the installation of the new FG exe file is part of the update process. I\d try it again if I were you.

Cheers,
SF

Blackfoot
December 3rd, 2013, 18:22
I'm confused as to why the active client token wouldn't always be targeting for itself... I can see different controls for the GM side... but.. clients can set up targeting for other clients? Why is this?

The bigger issue... well.. maybe not bigger.. but the issue that functions as a bug is the targeting friendlies issue. When (for example) I cast cure light wounds on multiple friendly targets (this functions the same if I do it singly.. but multiple shows it faster) the melee touch attack is rolled on any character that is 'owned' by the caster (even when they are offline but still 'owned') but none of the other 'friendly' targets. The saves are rolled for ALL targets. The healing is rolled and only appled to client 'owned' friendly targets or 'non-friendly' targets.

S Ferguson
December 3rd, 2013, 18:36
I'm confused as to why the active client token wouldn't always be targeting for itself... I can see different controls for the GM side... but.. clients can set up targeting for other clients? Why is this?

The bigger issue... well.. maybe not bigger.. but the issue that functions as a bug is the targeting friendlies issue. When (for example) I cast cure light wounds on multiple friendly targets (this functions the same if I do it singly.. but multiple shows it faster) the melee touch attack is rolled on any character that is 'owned' by the caster (even when they are offline but still 'owned') but none of the other 'friendly' targets. The saves are rolled for ALL targets. The healing is rolled and only appled to client 'owned' friendly targets or 'non-friendly' targets.

I have to agree with you here. "Fair play" eliminates the first (or help with targeting if teaching). As for the second, that definitely is a bigger issue. It could be fixed by having a resisting "opponents" vs. non-resisting "friendlies." function. This seems to be an oversight in the rules design in FGIII.

Cheers,
SF

Blackfoot
December 3rd, 2013, 18:48
Thinking more about the targeting... it seems like it might be better if the 'Click' and 'Ctrl-Click' functions were reversed on the client side. So that 'Ctrl-Click' selected 'who' was the attacker.. and 'Click' selected the targets since if you do not select an attacker.. it defaults to the active PC for that client.

S Ferguson
December 3rd, 2013, 19:10
I don't know. Ctrl-clicking on the target and clicking on yourself seems to make more sense, seeing that it's the targets you want to single out, so to speak. I think there would be a lot more confusion if they were reversed. Additionally there would be horrific accidents (I can see them now) of people accidently targeting themselves.

Cheers,
SF

Blackfoot
December 3rd, 2013, 19:22
I know that in the live version, it is definitely a problem where players frequently target themselves when moving their token... so on that point you are correct.
It just seems that the 'Ctrl' feature needs to be more obvious (perhaps as a tooltip in the target features at the top?)... and regardless a client shouldn't be able to select another client as the 'attacker'... that should be a host only feature.

We played our game oblivious to any special features... only using the tools that were displayed on the screen.

Moon Wizard
December 4th, 2013, 05:46
Thanks to all for the testing and feedback.

Longspeak,
Could I get some more info on your issue? Which OS are you running? Did it crash at the launcher screen? If at the launcher screen, did you press any buttons before it crashed? If so, what actions did you take? If after the launch screen, which campaign were you loading, and which ruleset?

kdietri,
* Tracking down script errors and investigating pointer grabbing.
* The white halo does appear on tokens linked to the combat tracker in all of my test campaigns. Also, you can toggle the white ring by clicking on the CT token field. Are you not seeing this? Does it work when you redrag the token onto the map? Do you have a copy of the campaign folder from before opening with the beta, or can you make a copy of the current campaign folder before redragging token? It may be a migration issue I need to track down if the redrag solves; and the original campaign folder will give me more info if so.

Blackfoot,
1. Will be fixed in next beta.
2. This is a complex situation. The challenge is that single click with no modifier keys in almost every user interface involves selection or activation tasks. So, I wanted to bring token clicking in line with that behavior, especially since tokens can be selected for both dragging and targeting. Also, SHIFT-click will allow you to select multiple tokens to apply targeting or drag as a group. Similar to the way you select and move files around your operating system file explorer interface. So, I made CTRL-click a shortcut for targeting for people that want a shortcut key. Additionally, there are now "selection" and "target" modes for the image control that can be activated using the toolbar at the top of the image or via the right click radial menu. These allow you to draw a box (or region if SHIFT held) to select or target a group of tokens all at once. This also has the byproduct of solving the self-targeting issue of v2.9.4.
3. Is it more difficult to select/deselect people than in v2.9.4 when you tried to move/target tokens? If so, I may want more info or a campaign example. (tokens with bases or no bases, top down vs. portrait, only when zoomed?)
4. Will be fixed in next beta.
5/6. True. This is something we'll have to adjust as v3.0 matures. Maybe target lines only appear on hover?
7. Investigating. There is an option to control result display, but appears to not be working correctly when GM rolls are hidden.
8. What kind of hot keys did you have set up? Also, this was somewhat expected, but more detail might allow me to possible mitigate.
9. Investigating. Tokens in a tokens subfolder of the campaign should still load.

Thanks,
JPG

Blackfoot
December 4th, 2013, 06:30
2. This is a complex situation. The challenge is that single click with no modifier keys in almost every user interface involves selection or activation tasks. So, I wanted to bring token clicking in line with that behavior, especially since tokens can be selected for both dragging and targeting. Also, SHIFT-click will allow you to select multiple tokens to apply targeting or drag as a group. Similar to the way you select and move files around your operating system file explorer interface. So, I made CTRL-click a shortcut for targeting for people that want a shortcut key. Additionally, there are now "selection" and "target" modes for the image control that can be activated using the toolbar at the top of the image or via the right click radial menu. These allow you to draw a box (or region if SHIFT held) to select or target a group of tokens all at once. This also has the byproduct of solving the self-targeting issue of v2.9.4.
3. Is it more difficult to select/deselect people than in v2.9.4 when you tried to move/target tokens? If so, I may want more info or a campaign example. (tokens with bases or no bases, top down vs. portrait, only when zoomed?)Once pointed to the Ctrl-Click functionality it seems relatively easy to use. I did not have trouble with it... but we did not get the opportunity to really test it in the game because we were unaware of it and relied completely on the buttons at the top.

5/6. True. This is something we'll have to adjust as v3.0 matures. Maybe target lines only appear on hover?That might help. I'm not sure why you went with the lines over the circles, the only real issue I ran into with the old way was when tokens were scaled the circles scaled and sometimes were hard to see or too big. When there are movement lines, pointer lines, boxes, circles... well.. it seems like those target lines will get pretty crazy.

8. What kind of hot keys did you have set up? Also, this was somewhat expected, but more detail might allow me to possible mitigate.Initiative rolls, skill rolls, attack rolls... all of these that came forward with the conversion lost track of the PC that was making the roll and demonstrated buggy behavior. INITs didn't get applied in the tracker.. Simply clearing them and starting with fresh macros resolves it.

9. Investigating. Tokens in a tokens subfolder of the campaign should still load.I cannot locate the tokens in my campaign/tokens subfolder... I have top open a window using one of the buttons at the bottom of the token box and drag the token into the box to get it to work.

Moon Wizard
December 4th, 2013, 20:40
Updates

Updated sharing feature to cascade sharing/unsharing of links within windowreference fields.
Adjusted missing file console message to warning level instead of error level, so that the console does not pop up unless -c option used.
[Core+] "die" slash command can now generate random numbers for dice not represented by 3D models on the tabletop.
[Core+] If a PC has no token assigned on the character sheet when added to the combat tracker, a token based on the PC portrait will be used instead.
Tokens in campaign tokens subfolder were not being loaded. Fixed.
Unable to drag chat entries back onto chat window to repost or reveal rolls. Fixed.
[Core+] On client, when performing targeted rolls from one PC to another one not owned by the same client, the roll would not apply results to the target PC. Fixed.
[Core+] On client, script error when pressing button in campaign effect list. Fixed.
[Core/Numenera] Combat tracker round field partially obscured. Fixed.
[3.5E/PFRPG/4E] Unable to drag shortcut links on skill link controls. Fixed.
[3.5E/PFRPG] Script error when dragging or double-clicking campaign effect label. Fixed.
[4E] Script error when activating melee/ranged attack on front of character sheet. Fixed.
[CoC] Campaign effects not being shared with client. Fixed.
[Numenera] Unable to drag attack rolls. Fixed.
[DEV] Interface - Add getDice function.
[DEV] windowcontrol - Add getTabTarget and setTabTarget functions.

JPG

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2013, 00:09
Updates

Smoother token path animation when accepting proposed token paths (while token lock enabled on image).
Pointer adjustment handles not appearing when mousing over pointers while image zoomed or scrolled. Fixed.
When dragging token path adjustment handles, display not updating (while token lock enabled on image). Fixed.
[DEV] Interface.getDice not returning customdie definitions. Fixed.

JPG

Nickademus
December 5th, 2013, 01:02
Still needs more cowbell.

damned
December 5th, 2013, 01:44
Still needs more cowbell.

what exactly is it you are after?
at this stage it looks like all the new features have pretty much been added and its bug fixing time.. additional features from there will come in later releases - at least that is what it looks like from here.

dr_venture
December 5th, 2013, 02:28
I assume Moon's going to at least give his changes from tonight a little time to bake before release. Are there any other outstanding bugs that are blocking shipping?

GMTroll
December 5th, 2013, 02:29
Not sure if this is a bug or an intended change in v3.0.

In the PFRPG ruleset with the 'Chat: Show GM rolls' set to 'ON' table roll results are always displayed to clients, even when using the chat command /rollon TableName -hide.

In 2.9.4 there was an eye icon in the table window to toggle if the roll was hidden or not. Setting this 'hidden' or using /rollon TableName -hide would hide the roll / result from clients even with 'Chat: Show GM rolls' set to 'ON'.

sciencephile
December 5th, 2013, 02:58
what exactly is it you are after?
at this stage it looks like all the new features have pretty much been added and its bug fixing time.. additional features from there will come in later releases - at least that is what it looks like from here.

I think he may have been joking. Needs more Cowbell is from a Saturday Night Live skit with Christopher Walken ... https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/more-cowbell/n41046/

Blackfoot
December 5th, 2013, 04:28
Sorry MW... I didn't see any comments about the party sheet controls.

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2013, 04:55
Yes, I plan to let this version shake out for a bit before "release".

GMTroll,
I will re-enable the -hide flag for the /rollon command for the next beta update. I went through a minor housecleaning on the controls to reduce complexity, and the separate hide rolls buttons were cut. The suggested way to use is by hiding/showing rolls using /die hide or /die reveal or option to toggle.

Blackfoot,
What was the question on the party sheet controls?

JPG

Blackfoot
December 5th, 2013, 05:03
Running my first 'live' game using the 3.0 beta tonight.. players are finding they no longer have access to most of the Party Sheet. I don't see any settings anymore to allow them access. (I found this same issue in my Champions ruleset). Are these controls hidden somewhere new or are they just missing?
I posted this before my more lengthy list of issues on Monday night after our playtest game. (I thought you might have missed it)

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2013, 05:42
As part of the complexity housekeeping, I removed the options for displaying the other tabs of the party sheet for the players. The party sheet inventory and order tabs were always meant for player interaction, while the other tabs were designed more as a GM tool for quick lookup and group rolling.

JPG

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2013, 05:43
Updates

[LAUNCHER] Updated loading tips
[Core+] When "Show results to client" option set to "pc" or "on" and "Show GM rolls" option set to "off", roll results are still hidden. Fixed.
[Core+] Added -hide option back to \rollon command.

JPG

Moon Wizard
December 7th, 2013, 00:21
Updates

[Core+] NPC rolls not getting correct values if rolled directly from NPC sheet (and not in CT). Fixed.
[Core+] Some rolls not correctly hidden when dropped on or made from hidden CT entries. Fixed.

JPG

viresanimi
December 7th, 2013, 03:30
Starting a new 4E campaign up I get an error: Script Error: [string "ct_entry:save"]:1: ')' expected near ';'

Adding anything to the combat tracker gives this error: Script Error: [string "save"]:1: ')' expected near ';'

This is on Win8 with latest version of 3.0.

Moon Wizard
December 7th, 2013, 04:11
Thanks for the quick catch. Patched it.
JPG

viresanimi
December 7th, 2013, 04:31
That was a quick fix!!!

Just a side question. The mutants and masterminds ruleset is slowly breaking down. Advantages don't work. Can't even press the tokens button and so on. I noticed that I can't download it anymore from my purchase history. Can I assume then, that it is being fixed by the original devs?

damned
December 7th, 2013, 12:52
Ok - playing C&C with the latest version tonight and we have teh following Bugs or Questions:

1. When players are rolling dice - not from the character sheet - but just rolling in the chat window it shows their portrait but not their name. It looks like it leaves space for the name but there is no name. For GM ID's they are displayed correctly.
2. How do spell casters get their spells back again? We go into Prep Mode but we dont get option to "learn" new ones. Scratch that - I have to REST the players to give them their spells back - we just found it :)

So just #1 there.

Ardem
December 9th, 2013, 07:06
When we go live will there for a time be able to go back to 2.9 for older rulesets to play or will it be no return?

The current method between 3.0 and 2.9 works well

Moon Wizard
December 10th, 2013, 00:47
Older rulesets should still run on v3.0 without issues. (except for perhaps targeting code, which was mostly limited to SmiteWorks rulesets anyway).

Is there a particular ruleset that you are having issues with?

Regards,
JPG

viresanimi
December 10th, 2013, 02:49
Mutants & Masterminds. 3.0 latest build on Win 8:

Creating an advantage gets following error:
Script Error: [string "advantageslist"]:1: attempt to index a nil value

Drag and dropping an advantage from the reference material get the following error (and the link lacks the text that should be there:
Script Error: [string "advantageslist"]:1: bad argument #1 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)

The button for the Tokens doesn't work.

Vires Animi

cscase
December 11th, 2013, 04:37
I can't remember if it's always been this way and I never noticed it, or this is new, but at any rate:With CoreRPG, if you change the GM ID using /gmid, your regular chat text uses your new label. However, OOC text still says "GM," regardless of what you might've set GM ID to.

Trenloe
December 11th, 2013, 04:47
I can't remember if it's always been this way and I never noticed it, or this is new, but at any rate:With CoreRPG, if you change the GM ID using /gmid, your regular chat text uses your new label. However, OOC text still says "GM," regardless of what you might've set GM ID to.
It sounds like that is behaving just right. OOC means "out of character" - you're talking as the user (player or GM) not as any character, so this shouldn't be using any gmid as this is normally used for specifying a character for the GM to talk as. In both 3.0 and 2.9.4 OOC chat actually uses the username you specified when you created the campaign, so you are talking as yourself (out of character) - it sounds like you used GM when you created your campaign.

cscase
December 11th, 2013, 04:58
Here's my understanding of the GM IDs. Feel free to set me straight if I've got it confused.

The /gmid command is used to set the term which refers to the GM. For example, in D&D he might be called Dungeonmaster or DM instead of GM, or in Call of Cthulhu, he is referred to as Keeper. This is the "default" or OOC identity of the GM.
The /id command, which is separate, is used as you described: for the GM to speak as an NPC.

By this logic, I would expect default speech to be whatever your currently active identity is (or the GM ID if no alternate id is active), and OOC speech to use whatever value you have gmid set to, no? Otherwise, what would be the difference between gmid and id?

Trenloe
December 11th, 2013, 05:35
By this logic, I would expect default speech to be whatever your currently active identity is (or the GM ID if no alternate id is active), and OOC speech to use whatever value you have gmid set to, no? Otherwise, what would be the difference between gmid and id?
GM ID is the default GM speaking ID within the game - that is why it appears if you type normal chat into the chat window. This is the default speaking identity for the GM speaking in the game. It will always be there, no matter what. You can't accidentally remove it. The /gmid command needs to be different from /id as it changes an ID (the base one) rather than adding a new ID. Some info on this in the user guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/gm_identitymanage.xcp note it says "speaking identity", so the ID when you're speaking, not when doing out-of-character communications.

OOC - out of character, is meant for completely out of any character comments, e.g. "Trenloe: Hey, did you guys see the game last night?" or in the example in the user guide "UserTed: I'm hungry, getting some Cheetos". This is is shown in the user guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_chat_modes.xcp It is not meant for GM, in game chat - hence it uses the username and not the GMID.

Trenloe
December 11th, 2013, 05:44
Having a look at this, I notice that there is an issue with "emote" for the GM ID - it uses the player name when the GM has the GM ID selected, not the name of the GM ID. OOC should always show the player name (which it does and IMHO is fine), emote should show the currently active ID name whether the GM ID or an additional ID.

cscase
December 11th, 2013, 06:27
Ahhhhhh, okay! I understand now. I poked around in the campaign directory and I see there are actually two separate values at work here. They both default to the value "GM," which I think contributed to my confusion. So, see if I've got this right:

There is a player name for the GM. I can edit that from the launcher when I start the server, and I see that it's defined in campaign.xml as <username>.
Then, a totally different thing is the default GM ID. This can be changed while the game is in progress with /gmid, and it is defined in CampaignRegistry.lua, where it says ["gmidentity"] =

Sorry for cluttering up the bug report thread with this, then, and thank you once again for taking time to teach, Trenloe.

Moon Wizard
December 11th, 2013, 21:54
viresanimi,

Thanks for the details on the M&M ruleset issues with the beta. The hardest thing sometimes is getting coverage across all the rulesets for testing. I found a couple items that I am updating for backward compatibility right now. I'll post an update in the next day or so.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
December 11th, 2013, 21:54
Has anybody tested the beta with the Savage Worlds ruleset or the Rolemaster ruleset?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
December 11th, 2013, 23:33
Updates

[Core+] Added active character name to basic dice rolls when portrait chat enabled.
[DEV] New buttoncontrol functions are only available in rulesets with compatibility v3.0 or greater.
Crash could occur if scrollbarcontrol targeted a control with a height of zero. Fixed.
Warning about missing speech icon in formattedtext controls in older rulesets. Fixed.
[Core+] Missing tooltip on image selection mode button. Fixed.
[M&M] Script errors when adding new advantages to character sheet. Fixed.
[M&M] Script errors when dropping advantages on character sheet from modules. Fixed.
[M&M] Unable to click token box or some hot keys. Fixed.
[DEV] onListRearranged called incorrectly when new window child data nodes created. Fixed.
[DEV] Panels were incorrectly being given a minimum size of 200x200. Fixed.

JPG

Ardem
December 13th, 2013, 22:14
I know Dakadin is making a version 3.0 rolemaster, but the current standard will not even launch, due to a number of errors.

Moon Wizard
December 13th, 2013, 23:33
I just loaded up the latest version of the Rolemaster ruleset from the store, started a new campaign and I didn't get any errors.

* What version for the RM ruleset appears in the chat window when you start a RM campaign?
* Are you running any extensions?
* What errors are you getting?

JPG

Dakadin
December 14th, 2013, 05:52
Please let me know the errors you are getting and I will try get them corrected in time for the release.

Ardem
December 14th, 2013, 10:39
Well I assumed that since it was working for you it must be on my end.

So I deleted the Rolemaster ruleset and went to redownload little to my surprise it did not update, going from 2.9 to 3.0, everything else was updating ok.

After a little mucking about, i redid my username and password and guess what it then uploaded.

Ran RMC and started perfectly, so I must of had a older version since it was not updating.

I have not changed my username or password, so not sure what failed but it might be a solution for others if they get the same problem as me. Also since all the other rulesets came in without issue I thought it was updated and not problem, so might be an answer to some people on migration if they get the same issue as me.

mattcolville
December 14th, 2013, 19:48
Is there any planned support for map layers or a tile layer? I noticed these feature requests in the wish list.

Moon Wizard
December 15th, 2013, 01:25
No specific plans yet. It's part of the next big feature push planned, but a feature release is dueling with Steam release, networking overhaul and store integration.

Cheers,
JPG

mattcolville
December 15th, 2013, 02:02
Cool!

Blacky
December 15th, 2013, 03:08
No specific plans yet. It's part of the next big feature push planned, but a feature release is dueling with Steam release, networking overhaul and store integration.
I hope it doesn't get in the way of the networking overhaul.

But even then, as per the Feature request list: Token stacking + User map ping + Map text labels + Unicode + Dice features (I'm just taking the first smallish features, there are others) still rank twice the votes as the layers&tiling, and my uneducated guess is this whole bunch of features are easier and faster to do than layer+tiling. Plus, we can work around layer & tiling, we can't work around dice features or Unicode or token stacking :(

Well more than double, if we add the very similar features requests voted on separately.

With the big gap of new features because of the 3.x (I'm talking end-user, everyday features, things that make life easier; I very much agree the Core ruleset & the Cascading system was a good idea) maybe it would be nice to devote the next months to smaller features than the big big ones (graphical ruleset dev, tiling, layers, dynamic lights). Things like Unicode (no more ruleset charset issues, no more cache or filename bugs hard to debug for beginners), Token stacking (small and easy but a pain every game night), dice features (still don't understand why this wasn't the first feature of the first alpha of FG), etc.

It would show that FG is advancing rapidly to everyone, end users, and not only people following the forums, the alpha, ruleset creators and people who read the changelogs.

And my guess is these graphical big features would profit greatly from the graphical overhaul coming after the networking one somewhere down the line. I mean, why add more complexity and features to the graphical side, when FG freeze for a couple of seconds just to locally display a medium sized image on a very, very decent computer.

bzjeurd
December 15th, 2013, 13:15
Hello Moon_wizard,
Is it possible to create a template for a buttoncontrol or a buttonfield control ?
I currently design my own ruleset based on the CoreRPG one, but each time I build a buttonfiled/control based template, the new control doesn't work at all (no click occurs, the button display the last icon/label).
Is there a specific merge parameter for button controls?
Thank you for your help.
Bz.

Moon Wizard
December 15th, 2013, 19:52
Buttoncontrol and buttonfield controls are basic control objects, so can be used in templates like any other basic control. The new updates to the rulesets downloaded with FG (CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E) are full of examples of this scenario.

If you are still having problems, then please post your template code.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
December 16th, 2013, 20:24
Updates

[DEV] windowinstance - Added onDrop event.
[DEV] Interface.findWindow updated to ignore windows which are soft-closed.
[DEV] Added compatibility flag to restore automatic minimum window size for panels at 100x100 for pre-v3.0 rulesets.

JPG

Moon Wizard
December 16th, 2013, 20:26
I plan to push the release in the next day or so, unless there is something big that someone brings up.

At this point, I'm planning to be ready to push a patch release in the next week to catch any issues that crop up after the release.

Regards,
JPG

cscase
December 16th, 2013, 21:22
Woot!

Qai
December 16th, 2013, 21:32
Sweet! I don't mean to derail the thread and I apologize in advance, but this will be my first upgrade between FG versions (since I only purchased a license end of October). What should I put my settings on? I currently have the mode set to Test. Once FG 3 goes live, how will it update itself, i.e., will the Test mode get flagged, automatically update, and switch to Live? Or do I have to manually switch it to Live? What do I do?

Trenloe
December 16th, 2013, 21:51
Or do I have to manually switch it to Live? What do I do?
Manually switch to live.

Once FG 3.0 goes live the "test" slot will be used for further testing as planned by the FG devs, so it's a good idea not to always run in test mode as you never know what you'll be using! ;)

Blackfoot
December 17th, 2013, 01:27
More Testing tonight...
Continuing to have issues with targeting... very hard to see who is targeting when multiple people are targeting the same target.

Lines overlap each other when one token is directly behind another token that is targeting something in front of it... it is impossible to see all the lines.
Movement Lines and Targeting Lines appear to be much too similar. If I take a 5' step toward a monster 10' away and target it at the same time my movement line completely disappears.
I cannot seem to add encounters to the XP page more than once... this is useful for multiple patrols or encounters that are repeated from time to time.

Blackfoot
December 17th, 2013, 04:32
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:653: table index is nilWe hit this bug when using an NPC to attack another NPC... the targeting NPC may not have been attached to the tracker at the time... I will try to recreate it.
Running: PFRPG/3.0

Moon Wizard
December 17th, 2013, 04:33
Updates

[Core+] Minor cleanup and layout adjustments.
[3.5E/PFRPG/4E] Script error when rolling attack against token not linked to the combat tracker. Fixed.
[DEV] DB.setValue generates error when setting formatted text values. Fixed.

JPG

Blackfoot
December 17th, 2013, 14:36
Minor typo:
When recording critical dice in the chatlog it records them as 2g6 instead of 2d6.. (or any other configuration of dice)

Starcrawler
December 17th, 2013, 18:21
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but when last I tried 3.0 for 4e a lot of my modules for a campaign I run wasn't showing up and inaccessible (I'm running WotBS which has 8 of the 12 modules already done). How can I convert these modules for use in 3.0 since it seems like it's ready for launch?

Moon Wizard
December 17th, 2013, 19:28
Blackfoot,
That's actually expected, given that the 3.5E and 4E rulesets actually define the green critical dice as g# internally. There are also p# (effect dice), r# (brutal (4E)) and b# (vorpal (4E)).

Starcrawler,
I haven't heard anything about problems with modules. v3.0 just went live, so please try again and let me know if you still have problems accessing.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
December 17th, 2013, 19:28
v3.0 was pushed live this morning.

Regards,
JPG

Starcrawler
December 17th, 2013, 19:48
Just looked, I'm still missing campaign modules that were working absolutely fine on 2.9. For the above example of WotBS, 4 out of the 8 modules aren't showing up in the Module library (The Data module activation).

Acroyear
December 17th, 2013, 19:56
v3.0 was pushed live this morning.

Regards,
JPG

Great job, sir! -cj

Myrmidion
December 17th, 2013, 20:34
In the Testrelease was a Numenera Ruleset. It´s missing in the update. Is it intentionally or just forgotten?

Moon Wizard
December 17th, 2013, 20:59
I decided to hold off on pushing out the Numenera ruleset for general consumption for now, since I feel like it's not quite where I would like it to be. Also, we're talking with MCG to perhaps do something official for Numenera and The Strange.

Regards,
JPG

Myrmidion
December 17th, 2013, 21:01
Ok then, I´m thrilled nonetheless :) Thanks for the quick reply.

Moon Wizard
December 17th, 2013, 21:05
I'll be leaving the Numenera ruleset up in the Test slot for now, if you want to continue using it. I'm slowly updating it for my personal Numenera game. One of the challenges for the Numenera ruleset is finding the right configuration for the character sheet and the character abilities.

Cheers,
JPG

psicodelix
December 17th, 2013, 21:20
I've made a translation of the Core and 3.5E ruleset. Everything works fine except for the skill list, that ignores the translated strings. Also there is some skill strings missing: appraise, balance, concentration, decipher script, disable device, disguise, escape artist, forgery, handle animal, open lock, ride, sleight of hand, speak language, spellcraft, swim, tumble, use magic device, use rope.

Could you check it?

Thank you very much.

Blackfoot
December 17th, 2013, 21:21
The console window is popping up for clients in the live version.

Moon Wizard
December 17th, 2013, 21:56
psicodelix,
The skill list is actually defined in DataCommon script, not via strings. This is one of the last things that did not get converted over, since the skills are added dynamically from the DataCommon script. For 3.5E, see scripts/data_common.lua and look for the skilldata variable. This file is actually replaced when running PFRPG ruleset, so check the PFRPG ruleset for the scripts/data_common.lua.

Blackfoot,
Which ruleset are you running? Are there any messages in the console?

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
December 17th, 2013, 22:59
The console pops up before any rulesets are loaded.
These messages appear on the console initially...

Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
Runtime Notice: Initializing COM
Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting

After starting the host in PFRPG it says:

Runtime Notice: Host session started

... OK.. right.. now it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. Weird.

Trenloe
December 17th, 2013, 23:54
Just looked, I'm still missing campaign modules that were working absolutely fine on 2.9. For the above example of WotBS, 4 out of the 8 modules aren't showing up in the Module library (The Data module activation).
I see why - some of the modules have the ruleset defined as "4E_JPG" in the module definition.xml file.

Open the module in a zip application, edit definition.xml: rename <ruleset>4E_JPG</ruleset> to <ruleset>4E</ruleset>, save the file and re-zip up the mod file.

Mind you, I've just done a test with part 1 and I can get it to load OK after making the above change, but rolling from an NPC (attack, damage, skill) give an error. :(

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2013, 00:06
I actually updated the 4E ruleset in the release to allow 4E_JPG modules, so we should be good on the module loading.

Might need more info on the NPC errors though. I loaded up one of the modules, and tried some NPC attack, damage rolls without any errors.

Thanks,
JPG

Trenloe
December 18th, 2013, 00:16
Might need more info on the NPC errors though. I loaded up one of the modules, and tried some NPC attack, damage rolls without any errors.
The only module I had handy to look at was WOTBS1 - The Scouring of Gate Pass. I opened the "Attack Dog" NPC and rolled a bite attack: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:153: attempt to call field 'getTypeAndNode' (a nil value)

A damage or skill roll gives: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:1055: attempt to call field 'getCTNode' (a nil value)

I'm not sure how old this module is or if I have the most up-to-date one, so perhaps leave it to Starcrawler to mention if there are any issues with the modules.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2013, 00:35
That's odd, because I'm not getting those errors and those functions exist. Can you check that you do not have a 4E ruleset folder in your rulesets data folder directory?

Thanks,
JPG

Blacky
December 18th, 2013, 01:21
Good work! Even if there isn't much bells and whistles for the everyday player, the patchnotes are still impressive even after alpha & beta.

Velocinox
December 18th, 2013, 01:26
Sharing a blank map with no image or drawing but with a grid set does not share the grid lines until an image is added or lines are drawn using the drawing tool. Tested on PF/SWEoE/RM/SW Rulesets.

Steps to replicate:
1) Create new blank map/image.
2) Set grid.
3) Share map/image.
4) Draw on map/image.
5) Share map/image again.

Trenloe
December 18th, 2013, 03:17
That's odd, because I'm not getting those errors and those functions exist. Can you check that you do not have a 4E ruleset folder in your rulesets data folder directory?
I've just moved from test to live and it works fine - sorry for the false alarm.

saithan
December 18th, 2013, 03:30
i'm noticing that I can not seem to get drag and drop files to work windows 7
tried in 4e and core neither worked.
not getting errors messages.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2013, 03:47
Are you dragging to the campaign images list? Or the token bag?

JPG

saithan
December 18th, 2013, 03:54
the imagelist marked with drop images here text.

not tried on token bag yet...

edit, did not work in the token bag either.

saithan
December 18th, 2013, 04:34
figured it out, I had accidentally flaged xp compatibility.

Blackfoot
December 18th, 2013, 05:47
Some issues I noticed playing in the PFRPG ruleset tonight:
Tabs on the character sheet do not overlap properly when clicked on anything other than the first one.
Clients are still able to target for tokens they do not own.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2013, 06:11
Can you post of picture of the tab issue? Not seeing on my side, I think.

For the targeting, clients could always target for any friendly token. In a future release, I want to add the concept of token "ownership", similar to character or campaign record ownership. Then, movement and targeting can be limited to the "owner". Something to throw on the wish list if you want to make sure it's tracked.

Regards,
JPG