Fizban
October 11th, 2013, 16:46
FG License: Full
Game System: D&D 4th Ed

Time Zone: GMT
Day of week and time: Sundays starting between 9-10pm
If new game, planned start date: TBD
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Initially a single short campaign, hoping for a long term game.

Text or Voice: Both.
Voice software used: Skype to start, if the game goes long term then I will rent a Teamspeak server

Roleplay & Combat mix: TBD (players preference)
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 players, need 2-3 more
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, basic starting equipment
Character restrictions: No orcs, dwarves, or dragonkin.

Details of your scenario: Since the last great war your nation has suffered. When the scion of light sacrificed his divinity to see the war end he let evil gain a foothold. The central province and breadbasket of the once great empire was annexed by the forces of evil and shielded from the world by a magical barrier. The province is now called the darklands and it's removal from the empire brought many hardships. 500 years of recession and poverty later you were born. Only within your lifetime has the empire began to recover but now the magical barrier to the darklands is weakening and holes are appearing to the once lost province. Heroes are called to enter the darklands and discover it's secrets

Players will need to have mature mindsets as my games tens to have a good deal of moral ambiguity. Aside from that the game will be pretty laid back.
The game will take place in a setting of my own creation which has already had several games run through it.
Will need a few weeks to put the game together, if you have more questions the pm m

Fizban
October 11th, 2013, 16:47
Post deleted. The game is still on.

Andrepartthree
October 12th, 2013, 16:36
*Delete*

(chuckles).. Fizban rocks great to see someone name themselves after him :) .. amazing how his hat survived all those encounters with dragons - maybe it's in one of Tas's pouches somewhere :P ..

To clarify your "delete" comment meant just the one post and the game itself is still up and running right ? ;)

Fizban
October 12th, 2013, 16:54
To clarify your "delete" comment meant just the one post and the game itself is still up and running right ? ;)

The post has been edited. The game is still on. Going to add a start date tomorrow.

ahazimandius
October 13th, 2013, 05:59
I"m interested.

Fizban
October 13th, 2013, 12:08
Great stuff. Just think of a character that was raised in a country that has only just come out of poverty. Most of your life it has recovered and taken slow but methodical steps to becoming a great nation once again.

The game will start on the 1st of November.

Just for a treat:
https://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q298/garethlwilliams/NewKeldoren_zpsc5148408.jpg

Fizban
October 13th, 2013, 18:56
Game calendar link
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1096

Kitiara
October 14th, 2013, 18:56
Count me in. Been wanting to try a monk

Namarah
October 15th, 2013, 23:32
Count me in as well.

SLB
October 16th, 2013, 03:06
I'm interested but I have a couple questions.

You've indicated that the game will be on Sundays but you set a start date for Friday, Nov 1st - is that an error?
For the time - 9-10pm, is that when the game would be starting or are you planning a game which would be 1 hour per week?

Fizban
October 16th, 2013, 07:22
Hi SLB. Both very good questions. Nov 1st is a mistake, I will be starting on the third. The game will not be 1 hour, just a slightly flexible starting time.
I will also be available on the preceding Thursday to answer questions about characters and the setting. Probably on Skype.

Fizban
November 5th, 2013, 23:51
Nobody showed up. Nobody even got in contact with me. I'm hoping it's just a mix up. Post here or on the calendar if you're still interested.

ahazimandius
November 6th, 2013, 01:50
My sincerest apologies, RL interference.

SLB
November 6th, 2013, 06:21
Hey Fizban, I sent you a private message and it looks like it went through - did you not get it?

Fizban
November 6th, 2013, 06:55
Lol, just re-read my post and it sounds more queeny than I expected. Don't worry about not showing guys, RL does get in the way. It's happened to me more times than I can count. Even my RL mate had to spend the night with his kids so forget about it. SLB I did get your message, hope it all works out. Az, don't worry about it mate. I'm keeping the game active still so you can pop by any time.

Also just a sneak peek at where you will be going:

listeningflames
November 7th, 2013, 21:13
Is this game still on? I'd really like to join if possible. I'm open to playing any character. I don't have Fantasy Grounds yet, but as soon as I'm confirmed to be in a group, I'll get it all set up. I'll send a PM as well. Thanks!

Fizban
November 8th, 2013, 02:31
You are more than welcome listeningflames. What are you thinking of playing?

Blyssful
November 10th, 2013, 12:18
So how long will the game be? Kinda hard to throw in my interest without knowing how late into the morning I would be venturing without sleep.

Fizban
November 10th, 2013, 22:42
2am GMT at the latest.

Severin
November 11th, 2013, 08:56
Hello, i would be interested in joining your game if possible. I am a complete noob and would need help getting set up. I have a license but have never actually gotten into a game.

Nonnag
November 11th, 2013, 15:52
hey man start with the DDI character creator. Its D&D software that will walk you through creating a charater and mildly explain who what and why. Good place to start till we get in game. plus your character will be able to be uploaded once your in game. pretty cool suff I liked it. my good friend let me borrow the software to try it. you can probably do the same from your friends on thepiratebay.com

Fizban
November 11th, 2013, 20:57
Everyone is welcome to my game regardless of experience. In fact its always good to get new people in the game and I really don't mind helping people learn. I will only accept 6 players on a first come first serve basis. Anyone wanting to join my game must have a character ready and presented in the calendar on application so I can contact you for it and add it to the game. Character sheets should be from the DDI character creator in the .dnd4e format, or an actual character sheet in a PDF. An editable PDF can be found here:
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?415270-GNOgaming-4th-edition-D-amp-D-editable-PDF-Character-Sheets
If you use a PDF and use any abilities, feats, equipment, or anything from a book other than the standard PHB then you should also attach a note sheet with the reference book and page of what you use.

Unexplained no shows will result in removal from the game and your slot being given to another player.

New start time is at 9PM GMT (London time) sharp.

I look forward to seeing you all.

Nonnag
November 16th, 2013, 17:50
Still on for tomorrow? Just confirming is all.

Ienai
November 16th, 2013, 18:53
Hey everyone, I was thinking about rolling up a cleric for this. I'll have one ready to go just in case there is room.

Fizban
November 17th, 2013, 00:45
Game is still on noonag. Ienai, if there is room them you are more than welcome. I have two players without characters ready so I'm not relying on their commitment.

Fizban
November 17th, 2013, 19:14
Remember, Skype username is Fragilicious. Add me and I will give you access to the game.

Nonnag
November 17th, 2013, 21:11
game is on everyone!

Nonnag
November 22nd, 2013, 22:50
Confirmation that we re still carrying on the campaign this sunday at 9 pm GMT?

Fizban
November 23rd, 2013, 00:38
Confirmed

Fizban
November 24th, 2013, 21:24
Still looking for up to two players

Gharbad
November 25th, 2013, 21:00
I would like to try your game, I just can't do Sunday Nights (or Wednesday Nights). Is there another time, maybe?

Edit: Though it may look like I found another game. Good luck!

Nonnag
December 1st, 2013, 03:32
If you change your mind we re goin on this sunday. pm fizban for info. we could use more players for sure.

Nonnag
December 6th, 2013, 19:20
Are we still on for this sunday fiz? hopefully Grim will join us this time.

Fizban
December 8th, 2013, 01:57
Still on. And still open for a couple of extra players.

Brinn_Thornfoot
December 11th, 2013, 03:20
What sort of character concepts are you looking for to round out your group? I am interested in playing in a game, as I have been running games for the last four years. If you still have room, I would love the opportunity.

Nonnag
December 11th, 2013, 04:00
What sort of character concepts are you looking for to round out your group? I am interested in playing in a game, as I have been running games for the last four years. If you still have room, I would love the opportunity.

Brinn, hey man its good to see some interest. Hope you join us this sunday. Fiz is our DM and hes on UK time so he s off and on the forum. He will be able to hash out the details, but In my opinion we could use a tank for sure. Great campaign so far, lots of fun and RP/Combat mix. It would be good to have another player in the group.

Nonnag
December 15th, 2013, 20:39
we still on for this afternoon?

Ahoggya
December 18th, 2013, 05:26
I would be interested in running a barbarian. I've run one before in 4E. Or another type of tank. I'm GMT-8 so hopefully if you play late on GMT time I would be able to make the game.

Nonnag
December 18th, 2013, 17:21
I would be interested in running a barbarian. I've run one before in 4E. Or another type of tank. I'm GMT-8 so hopefully if you play late on GMT time I would be able to make the game.

We definitely need a defender in the party. you might want to send FIZBAN a PM just in case tho, he is our gm for the campaign. We normally jam around 900pm UK time and thats 300pm for me since im -6. any later and I think it would be his monday morning lol but for sure send him a message man we could use the muscle especially for Fiz's 'Heroic' encounters.. >:) hope we can find some common ground.

Fizban
December 19th, 2013, 09:29
Applications are still open, looking for one player.

Ahoggya
December 20th, 2013, 15:37
I would be interested in playing. The time of 9pm GMT works since I am on GMT -8. Could be flexible back and hour to GMT 8pm. Let me know what class & race restrictions apply in your world. Have played and GM'd games with 4E.

Ahoggya
December 20th, 2013, 17:00
I would be interested in joining the game. Familiar with 4E. 9pm GMT time slot is fine with me. Let me know any race or class restrictions/requirements.

Nonnag
December 21st, 2013, 19:30
Hey man if u read the first page of this thread it should give u a basic overview

Fizban
December 22nd, 2013, 09:56
Ok, if you want to join today's game then add me on Skype and we can set up a character.

Nonnag
December 28th, 2013, 16:30
Is anyone else having problems dragging and dropping items/weapons from the module to inventory/combat tabs? I can do powers and feats but i cannot do anything else.

Ienai
December 29th, 2013, 12:05
Hey Fizban! Just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to make the game tomorrow because I do not have any internet at my house. :(

Fizban
January 4th, 2014, 07:03
The game is now full, applications are closed. Thanks for the interest!

Nonnag
January 6th, 2014, 03:10
Dammit Grim! we lost a fight, ended up unconcious, and wound up in the prison with the prisoners we were trying to free to begin with because we didnt have our cleric. lol

Fizban
January 8th, 2014, 23:53
It's alright, You aren't dead.

Nonnag
January 9th, 2014, 02:56
I know. Im just joking around with GRIM. Giving him a hard time for not being able to play. Honestly all we needed was some healing I think we could have managed. The dice were working against us.

Fizban
January 9th, 2014, 21:29
I know right. So many critical hits from me. It was crazy ^_^

Nonnag
January 10th, 2014, 03:03
Damn dice! lol hope GRIM gets some connection tho we could always use him. very interested how we re gonna pull this one off tho. All the greatest stories have to have distress though i think. cant just walk around winning all the time now can ya? makes things too boring if there is no challenge. I like how you integrated the "heroic" and "standard" encounters. makes it where we can actually fight to the end and have some fun doin so without risking the campaign. Good house rule personally. Some wouldnt agree but I enjoy a good loss. throws in that curve ball. mixes it up. more than can be said about our governments Id say lol!

Fizban
February 9th, 2014, 00:24
I am thinking of changing the game to a Saturday instead of a Sunday. This is because I just landed a new job as a configuration analyst :D
It does mean I will need to be on the 9-5 pattern so 2am on a sunday is going to kill me. I have got confirmation from most of you, thanks for understanding.

Gharbad
February 9th, 2014, 00:50
If you're changing from Sunday to Saturday, I might be able to join, if you have an opening.

Nonnag
February 9th, 2014, 19:53
So does that mean no game today??

Fizban
February 25th, 2014, 21:34
Game has ended. This thread can be closed.

Trenloe
February 25th, 2014, 21:58
This thread can be closed.
Done.