PDA

View Full Version : Creating an extension for Galaxy and Planet information.

grimm182
October 10th, 2013, 20:32
I am working on a Savage Worlds version of Mass Effect. One thing i would like is a way to share System and Planet information with the players.

Ideally a GM enters all the information typically found in a scifi game about a planet or system and then can share that out.

Is this easy to add in? Or should i just type it in as all text and hotlink it with standard FG text?

unerwünscht
October 10th, 2013, 23:07
Easy is a relative term. It all depends on your grasp of XML and LUA.

However this does indirectly point to something I have been wondering. Space is limited at best on the side bar, and I am wondering if we need to head that off now, and create smaller buttons for all the sidebar icons, before we completely run out of space.

Trenloe
October 10th, 2013, 23:19
It wouldn't be hard to do - your biggest work/learning curve will be getting the control XML layout correct which can take a while to do if you're not familiar with it.

However, using the <table> XML tag within a library entry may be a quicker way of getting the data out there. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19684-Text-formatting-table-columns-help

grimm182
October 11th, 2013, 13:35
Funny you should mention that link, i had sent the exact one to my programmer friend! Thanks for the feedback everyone.

before we completely run out of space i would love a tab friendly environment, for me this would be easier than min/maxing windows. I have a decent sized monitor...it just seems cluttered when i GM. Bonus would be dockable tabs!

Griogre
October 11th, 2013, 20:00
If you can swing it, it is much easier to GM with FG stretched over two monitors.