PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Horror Companion

Flathwrak the Usurper
October 9th, 2013, 02:50
A number of times I've had some issues with the Horror companion, usually when trying to double-click or drag and drop a skill from an NPC contained within the expansion. The error I receive is: Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_modifierstack.lua"]:279: attempt to index local 'value' (a nil value)

Also when trying to click on some of the references to skills in npc sheets, I get this on occasion: Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module 'SWEX Player Guide@SW Horror Companion'

Also, strangely enough, last friday my players were having the same trouble with their own character sheets. It was random in who it affected, and which skills were blocked, and eventually it did settle down after a lengthy while.

I'm running both the SWFI v0.71 and Adventure Deck extensions.. could this be part of the trouble?

Ikael
October 9th, 2013, 08:43
SWFI v0.71 is ancient piece of code and does not work in lstest SW ruleset. Replace it with SW Enhancement extensions

Flathwrak the Usurper
October 10th, 2013, 15:53
Thanks for the heads up on all the new extensions. I'm still having some of the same troubles as before with the Horror Companion though.. I'll have to monkey around a bit more and find out what happens.

Ikael
October 10th, 2013, 19:51
Thanks for the heads up on all the new extensions. I'm still having some of the same troubles as before with the Horror Companion though.. I'll have to monkey around a bit more and find out what happens.

Ok, few questions about your situation:

What FG version are you using? You can see this by starting FG and looking to right upper corner of the launcher view
What version of Savage Worlds ruleset are you using? Start your SW campaign and type /version to chatentry and hit enter. This should display all version numbers for you ruleset and extension.
What error message you receive with newest Savage Worlds Enhanced Extensions? Note that if your script error is stating something about scripts/updated_** then the bug is (most likely) from my extension.

Also when trying to click on some of the references to skills in npc sheets, I get this on occasion: Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module 'SWEX Player Guide@SW Horror Companion'

The "Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module" usually states that your module is not open yet or it was not shared to your players. Have you marked that module as "FORCE LOAD FOR PLAYER" (the yelloish icon with lighting icon) or have you used "ALLOW FOR PLAYER" (the green ok icon)? Try to do this: setup it to be "FORCE LOAD", close the book, and re-open it. Next time player connects he should automatically get the module and the issue should not happen.

Good luck :)

Flathwrak the Usurper
October 13th, 2013, 13:35
Hey

I'm using FG v.3.9.4. Typing /version shows me:
Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2), Adventure Deck version 1.2.0 (Build 3), SW Enhanced Character Sheets version 1.1 (Build 6), SW Enhanced Combat Tracker version 1.2 (Build 3), and SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.0 (Build 4)

The error that I'm getting right now is: Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module 'SWEX GM Guide@SW Horror Companion'. It happens when clicked the little grey circle beside special abilities on creatures (the Blob) in the Horror companion, such as Fear. I also checked the 'typical Chosen Slayer' in that case I got that error when clicking on any of the grey circles.

In good news though, it seems the "force load" tactic that you suggested helped fix some problems that the players were having. So thanks for that one. =)

Ikael
October 13th, 2013, 17:20
Hey I'm using FG v.3.9.4. Typing /version shows me:
Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2), Adventure Deck version 1.2.0 (Build 3), SW Enhanced Character Sheets version 1.1 (Build 6), SW Enhanced Combat Tracker version 1.2 (Build 3), and SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.0 (Build 4)

These version seems to be ok.

The error that I'm getting right now is: Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module 'SWEX GM Guide@SW Horror Companion'. It happens when clicked the little grey circle beside special abilities on creatures (the Blob) in the Horror companion, such as Fear. I also checked the 'typical Chosen Slayer' in that case I got that error when clicking on any of the grey circles.

This issue might be because of malformed links in the module. Can module's creator check the linking? I don't own the module and thus cannot say thing or two about it.

In good news though, it seems the "force load" tactic that you suggested helped fix some problems that the players were having. So thanks for that one. =)

Glad that part of the problem is resolved.