PDA

View Full Version : Savage Mass Effect Worlds

grimm182
October 8th, 2013, 16:26
I am currently taking online resources and converting for a Mass Effect RPG using Savage Worlds.
There are a lot of interweb posts about using various other systems...but i am really only interested in SW currently.

I would be interested in anyones attempt or use at doing something similar using FG.
Odd this never became a real RPG on its own...

Mgrancey
October 8th, 2013, 19:15
You'll probably want to take a look at these two pdfs, if you haven't seen them before. I found them somewhere online through the SW google+ page though I honestly don't remember the address.

The weapon one is a bit more than I've needed but the Arcanum has been helpful in designing powers.

Also if you don't know about it, here is a good place too look as well. I believe there is one or two Savage Effects already.

https://savageheroes.com/otherrpgs.htm

grimm182
October 8th, 2013, 20:22
excellent, thanks for the links!! I was just joking with a friend that i used to play ME3 with...and told him i would need to add a custom hindrance for him called "Friendly Fire"!!

Mgrancey
October 8th, 2013, 21:29
Increased Misfire chance I am assuming?

grimm182
October 9th, 2013, 13:11
Ok, so the players and i were discussing racial starting stats. We had decided that each race had a default set and that taking hindrances could allow you to improve per the rules...but not bump up the same stat twice. Now we are not ME experts, but we have this so far.
Would be interested in any feedback of course. :)

picture attached is small:

grimm182
October 21st, 2013, 14:22
So I have decided to go the Tactical Rpg route with this, heavily inspired by ME3 coop. In coop there are 5 power ups for each class. With additional "upgrades" having a point value that increases as the power get stronger.

I am going to use these points as Benny trade ins. Each session starts with 3, if players get thru the encounter with any left over (including rewarded Bennies) they can use these to upgrade their powers at the same point value. Completing Objectives awards additional Bennies.

If Savage Worlds players have also player a lot of ME3 coop...id like to hear your thoughts on this. :)

Karrth
October 24th, 2013, 14:24
Are you looking to GM or play in this?

I have never tried to play the multiplayer part of ME but I'd be interested in seeing where this goes :)

grimm182
October 24th, 2013, 19:37
Currently just working on the rules. Character creation is pretty much done, the raw background data done, all the new edges/hind/skills done.
Weapons and Gear is very close to done.

The step i am currently in is transforming the coop skills so they can be taken as upgrades/levels for SW. I am doing this for 4 classes to start since there is an epic amount to do if i go the every race/class route!

Karrth
October 25th, 2013, 12:12
https://www.savageheroes.com/conversions/SME.pdf

I found this document with mass effect in savage worlds. Don't know if it will help you but I figured I'd share :)

grimm182
October 25th, 2013, 12:46
I have seen that, its pretty good...there are quite a few sources out there that i have used. Not reinventing a wheel here...just taking the best parts of lots of wheels to make a complete ruleset. :)