PDA

View Full Version : PFS Master of the Fallen Fortress - Sunday October 20th 5pm GMT (1pm EDT)

GatewayTraveller
October 5th, 2013, 04:31
Accepting players for this pathfinder scenario. This will be my first Gm PFS so lets see how it goes, been wanting to run this one for a few weeks now.

Session Day: Sunday October 20th 5pm GMT (1pm EDT)
Duration: 4 - 5 hours.
Fantasy Grounds license: Full Licence
Chat type: Community Teamspeak server
Tier 1

Please post character XML and any chronicle/Inventory sheets that you have (if any) Campaign is located here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1093

The ruined siege castles outside Absalom have long beckoned adventurers
looking to make a name for themselves. Now an earthquake has cracked
open one of these fabled ruins, and its lost mysteries and fantastic
treasures lie exposed for the first time in centuries. But the tower's empty
halls once more echo with living footfalls, and a new master has claimed
the Fallen Fortress as his own. Can the PCs find a way to get inside
its shattered walls? What ancient dangers and fresh threats
will they encounter inside its crumbling chambers? And
will the PCs be able to defeat the current Master of the
Fallen Fortress?
An module by Rob McCreary

jshauber
October 5th, 2013, 05:08
Interested but not sure of timing...you have both 1 pm and 5 pm EDT listed, which is it?

If 1pm then I can't make it as that is during a Bears game, if at 5pm then I am all in.

Please clarify and I will post character if I can make it.

GatewayTraveller
October 5th, 2013, 06:05
Corrected time, its at 1PM for right now, I could do a later time if others can't make the 1pm start time

jshauber
October 5th, 2013, 13:50
Corrected time, its at 1PM for right now, I could do a later time if others can't make the 1pm start time

Ok, thanks. As of now I am out. I will watch to see if it changes.

Myrddin
October 5th, 2013, 17:33
I'd like to play if the start time does end up being a couple of hours later. I can't make earlier than 8pm UK.

Whether I play or not, good luck. Great to have more GMs on board.

rogerv
October 5th, 2013, 17:47
Is this playable by a 2nd level character for credit? I realize that as you are a new PFS GM this may be a question that you don't know the answer to,in which case I'm hoping that someone else will be able to jump in and clarify.

Nickademus
October 5th, 2013, 18:36
A Tier 1 scenario/module can only be applied to a lvl 1 character.

Skellan
October 5th, 2013, 18:46
I think you can play it once with a second level character for credit?

GatewayTraveller
October 6th, 2013, 01:36
That is correct, you can play the module (Since this is not a scenerio) ONCE as a second level character. Reference this thread https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2p3df?Fallen-Fortress-who-can-play-it

and here is the quote from the Pathfinder Organized Play Guide , Page 29 under applying credit.

The only exceptions are Tier 1–2 modules and sanctioned
Adventure Path content. A player may only play a Tier 1–2
module or sanctioned Adventure Path content for credit
once with a 2nd-level character, but may use additional
1st-level characters to replay the same content for credit.

Trenloe
October 6th, 2013, 16:09
The references above are correct for normal sanctioned modules where the PFS tier of a "level 1" module is set as 1-2.

Master of the Fallen Fortress is an exception to the usual sanctioned module rules - probably because it was a Free RPG Day scenario, was aimed at new characters and is not a full length module. The only way to know for sure is to check the chronicle sheet (players it is best to ask your GM rather than downloading a chronicle sheet yourself as it contains spoilers).

Here is a screen snip of the chronicle showing that Master of the Fallen Fortress is just for level 1 PCs only:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Master%20of%20the%20Fallen%20Fortress%20Tier.JPG

EDIT: You can play replay and re-GM this as many times as you like with a level 1 character - as long as you only apply 1 Master of the Fallen Fortress chronicle per character.

EDIT: And before people start saying "But, you can play a PC within 1 level of the tier!" This is a confusion that has been around for a long time and has actually never been a PFS rule - you *have* to play a PC within the overall tier level range for the scenario/module.

GatewayTraveller
October 6th, 2013, 19:43
I prefer level 1's anyway, it fits the theme of the entire adventure, without giving anything away for those who haven't played it. Plus I'm a new GM, got to start at the low end first :).

Malkavian_Andi
October 6th, 2013, 22:08
I'd also be interested if it's a bit later. On sundays, I always meet friends for some face-to-face roleplaying, so I can only play a bit later then.

I have to inform you that I already GMed this, though. But that was more than a year ago, and I'm good at leaving my player knowledge out of my character knowledge ;)

GatewayTraveller
October 7th, 2013, 03:53
I'm willing to start at 5pm EDT, which is 9pm GMT, it seems later might be easier, I dare not go any later for myself. I may try another day if that doesn't work.

RyoshoK
October 7th, 2013, 12:54
Definitely interested in joining in with this. I have not played any PFS before though, just the odd adventure path/free form Pathfinder as a player and GM with some friends online.
Am still working through a character and designing it to conform with the legal PFS rules, but currently have an Oracle nearing completion. Will post before the 13th.
Also have a friend who may be interested but not sure as of yet.

Note, am fine with original time posted, unsure beyond that at the moment.

Malkavian_Andi
October 7th, 2013, 15:30
I'm willing to start at 5pm EDT, which is 9pm GMTI suppose that would work for me. I'll wait and see what time it will end up being. Still have to decide which of my level 1 characters I'll play.

Nickademus
October 7th, 2013, 18:45
5 pm EDT? I might be able to do that. I'll keep a watch on this thread.

Myrddin
October 7th, 2013, 22:20
Sorry, 5pm EDT would be a bit too late for me...that's a 10pm start for the UK. I'll keep a watch on the thread to see if anything changes. Otherwise, enjoy the game all!

RyoshoK
October 8th, 2013, 01:11
Mmh, yeah had me and 2 others who were considering it as well at an earlier time but unsure now o.o Much like last guy, will keep an eye on this and see how it goes.

Ozzy
October 9th, 2013, 14:56
I would love to get in on a PFS game. PFS has had my interest for awhile and I got to play one session. Need to get more familiar with the rules of it before I start running my own scenarios.

My character has been added to the game calendar to express interest. The original 5PM GMT works well for me or could go as late as 7PM GMT. Once the time is nailed down I will commit. Have another game starting at 12AM GMT that night.

GatewayTraveller
October 9th, 2013, 15:34
After consideration, I'm going to leave it at 5PM GMT, the later time doesn't work out for me too well. If I don't gain enough interest, I'll change it to a different day. If you guys are still interested, sign up and post your characters/chronicle sheets(if any) here in this thread.

Trenloe
October 9th, 2013, 16:21
I would love to get in on a PFS game. PFS has had my interest for awhile and I got to play one session. Need to get more familiar with the rules of it before I start running my own scenarios.
Better make yourself free the weekend of 1st-3rd November - there are lots of PFS games going on at FG Con 3!

Frickincrazy
October 11th, 2013, 16:01
I am new to this a bit the website . As well as pathfinder Ill search up any character sheets and or books to read up on. I'm a quick learner and a serious role player if need. Also any information on how we can contact each other would be nice for some help.

Ill also be available for that time If I was actually invited I'm not sure If I was 100% but I hit accept for next weeks sunday

GatewayTraveller
October 11th, 2013, 23:41
Looks okay on the game calendar. If you need help, you can private message me here through the boards. I recommend signing-up for the Pathfinder Society on the Paizo website to get a Society number. Once that is done, then download the Society Rulebook that gives directions on how you should make your character. https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety
Once you have a character filled out, just post the sheet onto this thread.
Next, make sure you have a License for fantasy grounds itself, as I am only in possession of a Full License.

RyoshoK
October 12th, 2013, 02:55
Deleted by poster.

RyoshoK
October 13th, 2013, 17:51
Here we go, character completed and XML is here. Have not run any Pathfinder Society games so there are 0 chronicle sheets and this will be the first. If there is one I need to fill out as a starting one, or information I need to provide, let me know as couldn't see anywhere of what I would need.

As noted, will also be having a friend post one up later today, currently still set for the originally posted 5PM next Sunday.

GatewayTraveller
October 13th, 2013, 18:14
If this is your very first chronicle for this character then you will not need one untill after the adventure is complete

Diabound
October 13th, 2013, 22:04
Here we go, character completed and XML is here. Have not run any Pathfinder Society games so there are 0 chronicle sheets and this will be the first. If there is one I need to fill out as a starting one, or information I need to provide, let me know as couldn't see anywhere of what I would need.

As noted, will also be having a friend post one up later today, currently still set for the originally posted 5PM next Sunday.

Aforementioned friend here. Here's my character - again a first timer. Look forward to playing with you if there's still room.

Eyrie
October 13th, 2013, 22:33

The unmeantioned 2nd friend here, another first timer. If there's enough room I'd be more than happy to join in.

Trenloe
October 14th, 2013, 16:21
Looks like a few people new to Pathfinder Society on this thread - if you like playing there are plenty of Fantasy Grounds PFS games available at FG Con 3, 1st - 3rd November: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16931-***-Game-Announcement-thread-***-Subscribe-to-get-email-udpates&p=158933&viewfull=1#post158933

Sorry for hijacking your thread GatewayTraveller, just want to be sure as many people as possible are aware of the games at FG Con 3. Thanks!

GatewayTraveller
October 14th, 2013, 18:17
No Worries! New players are always welcome

GatewayTraveller
October 17th, 2013, 22:31
I'm going to wait until Friday evening to get one more confirmed character sheet (XML) and chronicle, because right now I only have three confirmed (I really don't want to play a pregen for the fourth while learning Pathfinder through Fantasy Grounds). If I don't get that, then I'm going to change the date and time on this game.

RyoshoK
October 18th, 2013, 00:16
Come on guys. Even if you are struggling with the XML, at least make a post to say if you are interested still or not. Definitely want this to go ahead this Sunday, am sure myself or the GM can help with any issues or questions about making the char or posting the XML.

Trenloe
October 18th, 2013, 01:31
Come on guys. Even if you are struggling with the XML, at least make a post to say if you are interested still or not. Definitely want this to go ahead this Sunday, am sure myself or the GM can help with any issues or questions about making the char or posting the XML.
I've been working on a guide for the upcoming FG-Con that details how to get player's PFS characters to the GM in the correct format. If players are struggling this may help: https://www.fg-con.com/information/pathfinder-society-organized-play/preparing-your-pc-for-fantasy-grounds/

One of the sections is still a work in progress, but most of the process is covered. If anyone has any feedback please PM me directly rather than take up any more of GatewayTraveller's thread. Thanks.

deguello
October 18th, 2013, 05:42
Have played in one event.. but the chronicle hasnt been finalized yet.. Should be by Sunday.
with the time moved up I dont know if I can make the game...
I will try...

Malkavian_Andi
October 18th, 2013, 13:10
ok, what's the definite time for this one now? In the title, it says 5 pm, but in the event calendar it still says 9 pm. But I do remember correctly you shifted it to 5 pm again, right?

Blackfoot
October 18th, 2013, 17:37
Do you have a full crew for this game.. I see a lot of folks listed on the calendar but most of them seem to be 'pending'.

GatewayTraveller
October 19th, 2013, 01:06
Its at 5PM GMT, I'll check the calendar, I thought I changed it there. I have four confirmed, which is enough to play, but have room for two more.

Beerholder
October 19th, 2013, 03:36
If I can join, here is my dwarf barbarian. I will provide his 1st chronicle sheet as soon as I get it.

GatewayTraveller
October 19th, 2013, 06:32
Thanks, I got you in Beerholder. The server is meek bard vast quill. I'll be up an hour before game time on Sunday.

Malkavian_Andi
October 19th, 2013, 09:15
Its at 5PM GMT, I'll check the calendar, I thought I changed it there.Then I won't be able to make it, so I removed myself from the calendar entry. Maybe I'll be able to join your next game. Have fun on Sunday ;)

GatewayTraveller
October 19th, 2013, 23:37
Thanks Malkavian, catch you at the next game.

GatewayTraveller
October 20th, 2013, 16:13
I hate to do this ... but I have a family emergency with my son, and I need to cancel for today, watch this thread for a reschedule in the next week or so.

Sorry for short notice, I really still want to run this adventure that I have been prepping for two weeks.

GatewayTraveller
October 21st, 2013, 13:29
So, I wish to apologize for the late cancellation. My son is allergic to nuts and he ate some yesterday, causing a run to the ER. anyway, I still want to run this game, Although this week is out. I can do it anytime next week in the evening. OR, I can see if there is room at FGCon to maybe move this adventure there.

Malkavian_Andi
October 21st, 2013, 14:17
If you happen to move this game to a time that is good for me, I'd still be interested in rejoining. Are there any slots left?

GatewayTraveller
October 21st, 2013, 15:06
There is one slot still open

GatewayTraveller
October 23rd, 2013, 01:03
I've rescheduled this to run at the FG Con. It will be on Sunday/Monday November 3rd/4th at 19:00 to 24:00 UTC (Thats 2pm EST start time). If you wish to play still, you will need to go to the official FG Con 2013 Website to register and sign up for the game. Right now I have five confirmed players XML, but if you gentlemen cannot make that time or wish to play in the one coming up this weekend, let me know here

FG Virtual Con Website located here -- https://www.fg-con.com/

Thanks!

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2013, 01:26
If you wish to play still, you will need to go to the official FG Con 2013 Website to register and sign up for the game.
Better be quick - I've approved the event so it is live! Anyone can sign up...

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2013, 16:00
Those players who are interested should sign up on the FG Con website - even if you have signed up here previously. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19701-FG-Con-3-Open-to-Players!

GatewayTraveller
October 29th, 2013, 23:59
I've yet to see any bookings or interest on this thread for this adventure, or , from the original posters. I'm giving this until Friday to see if anyone is interested.