PDA

View Full Version : Vampire the Masquerade Ruleset for FG3

Pages : [1] 2

earthworm3
October 4th, 2013, 21:33
Ruleset (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/community/rulesets/VtM.pak)
Dark Ages Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/community/rulesets/VtM/VtDA.ext)
Crossover Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/community/rulesets/VtM/Crossover.ext)

hi i have create a rulset for vampire the masquerade 20th anniversary edition and Fantasy Grounds 3 alpha.
You can download it at : Old Link Removed

If you find a bug, please send a message to this topic.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT 2017-04-06 (v3.2 compatible version)
EDIT 2019-12-05 (FGU compatible version; no functionality change)

S Ferguson
October 4th, 2013, 22:44
Good work so far. It should also be noted that it can be used for Vampire: the Dark Ages, very effectively. With a few modifications it could also do justice to any of the "old-school" WW games. Perhaps as user extensions to the character sheet.

Cheers,
SF

earthworm3
October 4th, 2013, 22:47
Yes, need to create extension for vampire : the dark ages, old vampire the masquerade (v1,v2,v3) and other world of darkness games. The problems is to modify the PC and NPC page 3 for roll dodge, strike,...

S Ferguson
October 4th, 2013, 22:55
Yes, need to create extension for vampire : the dark ages, old vampire the masquerade (v1,v2,v3) and other world of darkness games. The problems is to modify the PC and NPC page 3 for roll dodge, strike,...

All easily overwritten by a new sheet and scripts. You can even use it for Exalted if you could find some way of incorporating the over the top combat that takes place in that game; but you're right, scripts would have to be overwritten, for the rolls, although the 20th anniversary system is almost Identical to 3e V:TM.

Regards,
SF

earthworm3
October 4th, 2013, 22:59
1) ok so for vampire the dark ages i have to recreate sheet and scripts ?

2) Tomorrow i will create an extension for vampire: the dark ages.

S Ferguson
October 5th, 2013, 00:10
1) ok so for vampire the dark ages i have to recreate sheet and scripts ?

2) Tomorrow i will create an extension for vampire: the dark ages.

The main differences (which I think were incorporated into the 20th Anniversary) was the concept of Roads, Virtues, Merits and Flaws. Diablerie is not an option (you are of a younger generation) and the creation of ghouls is more important than normal (as the church holds sway, and in Veil of Night, their are certain Muslim locations like the Rock of Mohammed that vampires also can't approach. Otherwise the mechanics are the same. Unless you consider the skill differences for things like mounted combat or extended melee (riposte as a combat action comes to mind). Otherwise it should be an easy port.:)

Cheers,
SF

viresanimi
October 5th, 2013, 07:53
Oh Gods Ferguson... the mere thought of a working Exalted system, would make me happy as a little pony on LSD. *cough* But eh... that should probably wait until after the new 3rd edition comes out, within a couple of months (one can only hope).

Anyways. What I really wanted to say, was that, if there could be made a "universal" ruleset for White Wolf Storyteller games, with extentions and so on, that would be awesome. I really dig both the new and old World of Darkness games. My friends and I barely touches any other game systems. The only reason why we've played a bit of D&D after years of snubbing it, was due to FGII and its automation. Besides. WoD games lets us play some really interesting characters.

Vires Animi

EDIT: I just wanted to look at the improvements to see what was going on, but it didn't work. I take it, that this version only works on FG 3.0? Cause I tried it on the 2.9.something.

earthworm3
October 5th, 2013, 10:44
If you want this ruleset for FG2.9.4 try it : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29747038/Ruleset/VtM1.4.pak
If you want this ruleset for FFG3.0 alpha try it : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29747038/Ruleset/VtM1.5.pak

S Ferguson
October 7th, 2013, 01:20
Oh Gods Ferguson... the mere thought of a working Exalted system, would make me happy as a little pony on LSD. *cough* But eh... that should probably wait until after the new 3rd edition comes out, within a couple of months (one can only hope).

Anyways. What I really wanted to say, was that, if there could be made a "universal" ruleset for White Wolf Storyteller games, with extentions and so on, that would be awesome. I really dig both the new and old World of Darkness games. My friends and I barely touches any other game systems. The only reason why we've played a bit of D&D after years of snubbing it, was due to FGII and its automation. Besides. WoD games lets us play some really interesting characters.

Vires Animi

EDIT: I just wanted to look at the improvements to see what was going on, but it didn't work. I take it, that this version only works on FG 3.0? Cause I tried it on the 2.9.something.

I <<ahem>> wouldn't mind seeing an Exalted 1e game implemented <<ahem>> as well. The only trouble I see with the "universal" concept, is that each system would require a major overhaul of the character sheet. For 2e games there's the New WOD (nWoD), available through the community links, that does precisely that. It works for pretty much all of the "new rules" games. This project I'd like to see emulate just the basic V:TM (and V:TDA!). I'm not sure if you can enter in a pack of Garou as an encounter in the ruleset (I haven't been testing that aspect yet). If it proves simple enough, I can't see why the ruleset couldn't be made "universal" for the old-schoolers in us.

Cheers,
SF

gmkieran
October 7th, 2013, 14:30
The thing I always liked best about the WW games was running cross-over campaigns. We usually had at least a mage, a couple werewolves and a vamp, possibly with ghoul any time we ran. I'm not at all up-to-date on the new systems, but I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate a character sheet module into a universal WW rule set that would contain all the variations and allow the player to pick a type at creation that then determined how *their* character sheet appeared. Are the mechanics in FG robust enough and the functionality of WW character sheets universal enough to allow for such a thing? Just a thought.

Cheers!
GMK

S Ferguson
October 7th, 2013, 16:20
The thing I always liked best about the WW games was running cross-over campaigns. We usually had at least a mage, a couple werewolves and a vamp, possibly with ghoul any time we ran. I'm not at all up-to-date on the new systems, but I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate a character sheet module into a universal WW rule set that would contain all the variations and allow the player to pick a type at creation that then determined how *their* character sheet appeared. Are the mechanics in FG robust enough and the functionality of WW character sheets universal enough to allow for such a thing? Just a thought.

Cheers!
GMK

The main difference was that the new systems were more balanced across the board, and interaction between the games was streamlined, so it was quite possible to have a fae muse, a Toreador, a Geist, and the one of the Forsaken in your game (not sure about Promeathen - mind you I was never to sure about that system). Regardless, all the new systems are covered in the nWoD as posted below. This ruleset would be incredible, though, for running The Masquerade, the Apocalypse, the Dreaming and (hopefully <<ahem>> Exalted. There is the power within FG to do precisely that (as seen in the nWoD ruleset) it's just a matter of getting the XML code right for each "flavor" of game (in est adjustment of character sheet, and skills). One question though, how on earth did you keep the dog on the leash with agents of the Wyrm about him?

Regards,
SF

earthworm3
October 7th, 2013, 19:23
Hello, i am sorry because you are waiting the extension for vampire the dark ages. i am working on the page 3 and scripting it. just i have finished the first character sheet page.

S Ferguson
October 7th, 2013, 19:32
Hello, i am sorry because you are waiting the extension for vampire the dark ages. i am working on the page 3 and scripting it. just i have finished the first character sheet page.

Take your time, there's no rush.

Cheers,
SF

gmkieran
October 8th, 2013, 14:43
LOL We almost never had any down-time when we weren't being attacked by more dire and deadly agents of the Wyrm, so it wasn't really a problem. Just point her at the bigger threat and stay out of the way. ;) That, and the characters were rather devoted friends prior to one of them being embraced; role playing did most of the work there.

S Ferguson
October 8th, 2013, 16:31
LOL We almost never had any down-time when we weren't being attacked by more dire and deadly agents of the Wyrm, so it wasn't really a problem. Just point her at the bigger threat and stay out of the way. ;) That, and the characters were rather devoted friends prior to one of them being embraced; role playing did most of the work there.

One word: RAGE! I sincerely hope the vampire was a Gangrel..

Cheers,
SF

earthworm3
October 10th, 2013, 10:43
There are some bugss with the new alpha version of FGIII so i release the 1.6 version of the ruleset here :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29747038/Ruleset/VtM1.6.pak

earthworm3
November 3rd, 2013, 13:51
It is possible to increase or decrease a dice pool with an effect ?

S Ferguson
November 3rd, 2013, 15:59
Just off-hand, I'd say no, unless a discipline would allow an increase in die pools. V:TM doesn't really have a concept of "effects" so to speak. Most adjustments come from splitting die pools to take an action and disciplines usually involve a modifier to successes, Now that is based off of memory (I don't have the rulebook in front of me). What type of effects were you thinking of?

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2013, 16:41
It is possible to increase or decrease a dice poolwith an effect ?
You'd need to program this into the ruleset. Doing a check for the specific effect during the dice pool roll stage and adding/removing dice as necessary.

earthworm3
November 4th, 2013, 06:26
What type of effects were you thinking of?

Blinded for exemple.

You'd need to program this into the ruleset. Doing a check for the specific effect during the dice pool roll stage and adding/removing dice as necessary.

Do you mean i must look for the program code into a .lua file ? Where can i found that plz ?

Trenloe
November 4th, 2013, 06:39
Do you mean i must look for the program code into a .lua file ? Where can i found that plz ?
If there are not any effects coded into the ruleset, then you will need to code them up. I'm not sure what effect handling there is already in the CoreRPG 3.0 ruleset.

In the 2.9.4 3.5e ruleset have a look at the modDamage function in \scripts\manager_action_damage.lua - there are a lot of sections of code within that large function that process effects. You'd have to code in your ruleset to recognise the specific effect string you have used and then add/substract the dice from the dice pool based on the value of the effect. e.g. if your effect was DICEPOOL:2 then you'd need to program in the dice rolling code of your ruleset to check effects for DICEPOOL and then apply the result.

For example, here is some code in manage_action_damage.lua that applied the value of the DMG effect to the roll modifier:

if rTarget then
if rTarget.nOrder then
if rSource and rSource.nodeCT then
local nAddEffect;
aAddDice, nAddMod, nAddEffect = EffectsManager.getEffectsBonus(rSource, "DMG", false, aAttackFilter, rTarget, true);
if nAddEffect > 0 then
nAddMod = StringManager.evalDice(aAddDice, nAddMod);

rRoll.nMod = rRoll.nMod + nAddMod;
if nAddMod ~= 0 then
rRoll.sDesc = string.format("%s [SPECIFIC %+d]", rRoll.sDesc, nAddMod);
else
rRoll.sDesc = rRoll.sDesc .. " [SPECIFIC]";
end
end
end

return;
end
end

See the getEffectsBonus function in manager_effects.lua to see how this function is called and what values to pass.

earthworm3
November 4th, 2013, 06:41
Thanks for your reply.

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2013, 22:43
There is no specific effect handling code in the CoreRPG ruleset, as effects are completely game system dependent.

The CoreRPG does handle the concept of effects for maintaining a list of campaign effects, and dropping them on the combat tracker or tokens. However, the effects have no duration or any impact on the rolls. They are merely a method of tracking information.

Cheers,
JPG

earthworm3
November 12th, 2013, 20:05
Hello i release the v1.7 of the ruleset for FGIII BETA :

- Bug fixed on initiative roll (PCs), exemple :
Initial roll : TOTAL DEX (4) + TOTAL WITS (3) = 7D10.
Now : DEX (4) + WITS (3) + 1D10 = 7 +1D10 = A number between 8 to 17.

- Maneuvers has not 10D10 limit (for old PCs vampire).

- We can add effect (PCs) like :
EFFECTNAME[DICEPOOL:X;DIFFICULTY:Y] where X and Y is a positive or negative number.

Soon : Same for Mental/Physical/Social Feats.
Same for Attributes/Abilities,… at page 1.
Same for NPCs.

Link : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29747038/Ruleset/VtM1.7.pak

earthworm3
November 14th, 2013, 18:10
Release 1.8:

- Physical feats can roll more than 10D10 for PCs and NPCs.
- Mental feats can roll more than 10D10 for PCs and NPCs.
- Social feats can roll more than 10D10 for PCs and NPCs.
- Now Maneuvers can roll more than 10D10 for NPCs.
- Initiative roll fixed for NPCs.
- NPCs effects works perfectly with : EFFECTNAME[DICEPOOL:X;DIFFICULTY:X] where EFFECTNAME is the name of the effect and X is a positive or negative number.

Link : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29747038/Ruleset/VtM1.8.pak

S Ferguson
November 14th, 2013, 18:17
where EFFECTNAME is the name of the effect and X is a positive or negative number.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly are the EFFECTNAME's. I can't find any reference to effects in the rules (either V:TM or V:TDA. I just want to know when these are supposed to be used.

Cheers,
SF

EDIT: I just thought of something. You might want to remove the extra dice off the table seeing that there is only a d10 used in the game; but save it for a future update. It's not that big of a deal at the moment.

earthworm3
November 14th, 2013, 18:38
EFFECTNAME can be BLINDED for example (V20 edition).
For now we can use effect when we spent blood pool.

You want i remove D20,D12,… except D10 ?

S Ferguson
November 14th, 2013, 18:45
EFFECTNAME can be BLINDED for example (V20 edition).
For now we can use effect when we spent blood pool.

You want i remove D20,D12,… except D10 ?

Okay. I understand the effects now. Since the d10 is the only die type used, yes removal of the other dice would clear up the screen a bit. Like I said though, no rush.

Cheers,
SF

earthworm3
November 17th, 2013, 04:41
Anyone has try a play test ?

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 15:17
Just to say i think the 1.8 ruleset is the final release (just need to stay up-to-date).
So i am starting an extension for Vampire The Dark Ages for this 1.8 ruleset.

viresanimi
November 19th, 2013, 15:58
I had my first real gaming session with my players the other night and experienced a LOT of crashes.

In particular one of my players would almost guarenteed be disconnected if I shared anything. One thing I did notice. If I imported an image into my image folder during the game, and shared it, it was an instant disconnect. It was something we actively tested and could reproduce as a method for creating a disconnect for that player. Previously shared images could also cause crashes for players.

I ended up unsharing everything and started over and that reduced the problems. But it was still a very major issue.

Also, at some point, after several rounds of combat without any problems at all, my players suddenly got a lot of error messages. Unfortunately I forgot to have them give me the error messages.

Some feed back from the players:
While page 3 seems nice with all those premade rolls, it is effectively useless a lot of the time. Here we talk about the things for combat. They found that having either Potence or Celerity would keep changing their stat depending on wether they spent blood or not, they found it very unintuitive to use. Also: There only seems to be a premade roll made for single melee strikes, but not the same for firearms.
It also seems the case that, even if you use the "Difficulty Modifier" on page 3 it only applies to rolls generated on that page. Which meant that my players couldn't just use the one on page 3 for all rolls, which would have been nice. This was a major complaint from the players.

Personal Observations:
While I am very gratified that the combat tracker now works, I find it troublesome that I can't add or subtract damage directly to players and npcs... or am I missing a method of doing this? Suggestion: Add 6 small buttons at the bottom of the combat tracker, for adding bashing, lethal, aggravated damage and subtracting the same. That would be a great help!

Managing NPC's during combat has an issue that is mostly annoying. You cannot see how many dots an NPC (or player for that matter) have in a discipline on the frontpage. So. Everytime I had to manage an NPC during combat, I not only had to open the NPC sheet (which I love by the way), but also had press the "more" button, to keep track of any relevant disciplines. If the discipline / Advantages dots were visible on Page 1 of the character sheet, like everything else, it would make it much easier to manage combat.

Under the options menu there is something called: Chat Show GM rolls. This function does not work. Period. There are times when I don't want my players to see my rolls, so this is sort of vital to me.

The good stuff: All in all the response was pretty positive. My gaming group are mostly fans of Storyteller games and we've been waiting for a ruleset to use. Bugs and crashes aside, we had a great time. The overall response from my players is the hope for continued support off this ruleset.

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 17:49
Are you speaking about the v1.8 ?

viresanimi
November 19th, 2013, 17:59
Yes

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 18:30
Are you using the "Dev" or the "Test" version of FG3 ?

viresanimi
November 19th, 2013, 18:35
Should have remembered to mentioned this.

I am running 3.0 Test version on Windows 8.

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 18:39
i think there is a problem somewhere, i have not these bugs ...

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 18:46
All your players has the test version of FG3 ?

If a player has a mac, it is possible FG crash ?

viresanimi
November 19th, 2013, 18:49
All runs the same version. None runs a Mac.

I don't know if it is a FG problem, but these DC's have been much worse in this ruleset than in any other I've experienced in this Beta.

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 18:56
i am trying if it is crashing with a player when i share an image, ...

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 19:03
i am experiencing a crash by a player when he try to open an image… really do not understand.

EDIT : i am based on CoreRPG ruleset, i think it's a bug of this ruleset. Just i have posted this bug into "test FG3 (beta)" into the laboratory.

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 19:16
Have you try if with the CoreRPG ruleset you have this buug when you load an image ?

viresanimi
November 19th, 2013, 19:26
I have not done anything with CoreRPG.

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 20:22
apparently it is crashing on my side at the first image sharing. After there is no crash.

EDIT :
I have tested with the coreRPG without problems.
After i have try again with my ruleset, and no problems.

I will update my ruleset for know if it is crashing again.

earthworm3
November 19th, 2013, 21:27
Can you try with it ? :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29747038/Ruleset/VtM1.8.pak

earthworm3
November 20th, 2013, 19:03
Have you re-downloaded the file ? i have updated the ruleset with the last CoreRPG...

S Ferguson
November 20th, 2013, 19:33
I have downloaded it. It seems to be working fine (except for the bugs in the CoreRPG). It handles V:tM incredibly well on my LAN. It also didn't have any errors with a small (2-3 player) game. I'm waiting for the V:tDA extension before I start a campaign.

Cheers,
SF

earthworm3
November 20th, 2013, 19:36
Cool thanks.

What are the bugs of CoreRPG ruleset ?

S Ferguson
November 20th, 2013, 19:39
Currently, you can view all the current bugs in the Test Release (beta) thread.

Cheers,
SF

earthworm3
November 20th, 2013, 19:40
thanks

earthworm3
November 20th, 2013, 19:44
Do you want (like viresanimi) some improve functionality ?

earthworm3
November 23rd, 2013, 12:12
To viresanimi :

While I am very gratified that the combat tracker now works, I find it troublesome that I can't add or subtract damage directly to players and npcs...

You can change health status on sheet page 2.

If the discipline / Advantages dots were visible on Page 1 of the character sheet, like everything else, it would make it much easier to manage combat.

The page 1 is full, but if page 3 is useless, i can add the "more" page on page 3 and delete the "more" page.

EDIT : What do you think about it ?

viresanimi
November 24th, 2013, 10:42
First of all. I would like to point out, that I don't find page 3 useless, and that may have been strong words and that wasn't intentional. I was merely trying to relay the feedback I got from my players.

So let me elaborate.

Page 3 definately has its uses. It is great for referencing various rolls. It really is. I have been playing Vampire on and off practically since it came out, but even I can't recall all the rolls all the time, so having a place to see them is very good. However. Mechanically the page does not take into account changes to stats based on Attributes being higher due to blood expenditure, nor if a character has potency or celerity, that effects those rolls. (We use the V20 rules by the way).

I would like to point out, that Page 3 is missing a roll option for base Firearms attacks. SUGGESTION: Rename the "weapon strike" to "Melee attack" and add a line underneath called "Firearms attack" with the option to roll that. Seems to me that there is space for it right there. Maybe with better titles than what I suggested... heh.

As regards to Health. Yes. It definately works. On Page 2. But what I would very much like to, is to be able to add or subtract damage to players / npc's on the combat tracker directly. For me it is all about "quality of life". When handling multiple NPC's in a fight, I found that I had to do a lot of "open page this, switch to page that, press the more button to see what level they had in disciplines because I am an old fart and I can't memorize them all, close it all again to open next npc - repeat".
I run FG on dual monitors with a high resolution, but it is hard to have a lot of NPC's open at the same time. I found that I spent a lot of time looking for information in various places, so my suggestions are merely here to make things easier too see and speed things up.

An example: The way that Disciplines is set up in the "more" tap is fine. But you can't see how many dots a player or npc actually has in a discipline (or background for that matter) on the frontpage. Now. IF it was possible to make the number of dots visible - nothing more - on page 1. Then I wouldn't need to open the more tap to check it out. It would be right there to see for fast referencing. Again... quality of life stuff.

BUG REPORT: I missed this the last time. We had some confusion regarding Health in the combat tracker and I only found out later why. At some point, after a few rounds, a new round of combat was about to begin and my players suddenly got a lot of errors (I think I mentioned this). What happened was that my players couldn't see how much damage they had inflicted on some of they enemies. They stated, that they were undamaged, when I could clearly see that that had taken damage.
I think I've seen the error they mentioned in another ruleset, and I believe it has also been reported. I think this is a FG problem somewhere. I will report it, if it happens again.

In regards to the option to hide GM rolls in chat, that is something I hope will get fixed. There is an option to turn it "off", but it doesn't work, so I take it as a bug.

I don't know a good way to handle temporary increases in attributes and disciplines that affect dicepools. Celerity in particular requires some handling based on what you do with it. I will think more on it, and if I get any ideas, I will post them.

As always. Thanks for the work put into it. It is much appreciated.

Vires Animi

EDIT: I forgot to reply to your question. Sorry! I don't think moving Page 3 to the More tap is the way to go. I am sure that there are players out there, that like it just fine. People use FG in different ways and having options is a good thing I feel. Unless of course other people here has opinions on the matter, I think you should leave it as is.

viresanimi
November 24th, 2013, 11:58
Got a few thoughts here on an idea. Use or laugh at it, at your leisure *grin*

I noticed that if you double click on an attribute or an ability, it will roll the corresponding number of dice at a difficulty of 6. But if the difficulty is not 6, you have to change the difficulty each time. So that got me thinking.

In the NWoD ruleset you can download from this site; double clicking on something merely added the dice to a pool, which you could then roll, by right clicking the "difficulty square".

So this was what I was thinking. What if the Modifiers (the +/- button) was redesigned:
Note: I am getting inspirered a bit from the Modifier from the D&D ruleset.

Let double clicking on stats add to a dicepool.
Perhaps double clicking on a health line (say mauled -2) would remove the corresponding dice from the pool.
Have an easy way to add or subtract dice, which you might get for rolling high numbers of succeses on an attack for example. (perhaps a plus and a minus button)

Then be able to push a button called "Roll Dice" or similar and all the dice would be rolled that way.

You could have a list with the difficulty numbers possible to one side from 10 down to .. what is the lowest again? 3? Anyhoo. It would make chosing a difficulty easy. Personally I would leave it such that whatever you have chosen, it stays there until you choose another. There are times when I don't want everything to default to 6, but that is just me.

Anyways. I am envisioning a window that would handle dice rolling in general, for players and npc's.

On the subject of temporary increases in physical attributes, I thought about the following:

Have a couple of small + and - icons next to the physical attributes, so the attributes could be altered. I was thinking that dots added would be grey instead of black, so it was clear that these were temporary stats, and the buttons couldn't change the attribute itself (i.e.: pressing the - button would only remove temporary dots).

If these temporary dots would add to those the character had, it would be great.

Anyways. These are just ideas that I've been thinking of. No clue if these are hard to make or too much work. I am not a coder and all that. If you don't like them, ignore it. If you do, well great!

Vires Animi

earthworm3
November 26th, 2013, 15:41
Hello,
When i drag a PC or NPC to the combat tracker, it's ok for the GM but health (bruised,injured,...) are not linked into the Client Tracker. So when GM modify health from the combat tracker, it's happen nothing to the client tracker.
Any idea ? Thanks.

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2013, 20:31
Psting the latest link to the ruleset download on the first post for easier access.

Link : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...set/VtM1.8.pak

JPG

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2013, 20:59
Here are a couple pieces of feedback, based on your question:

* You should choose one name for the ruleset (i.e. VtM or Vampire or ...). Otherwise, the people using your ruleset will not be able to upgrade easily between different versions of your ruleset when you update. You can add a version message on login for your ruleset, instead of the CoreRPG one (see desktop.lua:onInit)

* The name field in the CT overlaps the health nodes right now. Make sure to use relation="relative" in the right anchor for the health box layout in the CT entry.

* The health nodes in the CT are currently disabled, so you can't make changes to the CT entry health unless you open the full sheet. They should only be disabled on the client CT.

* The health nodes in the CT are reflecting the changes I made in the full sheet and they are propagating to the client, so I'm not seeing the issue of the client not reflecting the changes.

Hope that helps,
JPG

earthworm3
November 26th, 2013, 21:05
it's with it : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29747038/Ruleset/VtM1.9BETA.pak

EDIT : thanks for your reply
EDIT2 : how can i add a signature ?

viresanimi
November 26th, 2013, 21:59
Oh. This is nice!!!

Vires Animi

earthworm3
November 26th, 2013, 22:12
Yep but there is a bug when you delete and add entry to the combat tracker like i have say.

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2013, 23:23
Can you give me more detail on the bug? How to reproduce?

I've never played Vampire, so I don't really know what I'm looking at or have any sample PCs/NPCs to use.

Thanks,
JPG

earthworm3
November 26th, 2013, 23:41
When the GM add a PC or NPC into the combat tracker (the same twice), client tracker bug.

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2013, 09:04
I'm not seeing anything like that in the test campaign that I made up. It seems to be working fine.
* I created a PC, and dropped in the tracker twice. When I edit the health boxes, the character sheet and both entries are synchronized.
* I created a NPC, and dropped in the tracker 3 times. When I edit the health boxes, each one is unique and only applies to that creature.

If you are still seeing the issue, please create a sample campaign exhibiting the issue for me to look at.

Note: The CT health box controls are set to 30 pixel width, but the graphic is only 16 pixel width. This means that the controls are overlapping and some clicks are being captured by the box next to it. Make sure that you set the width of the boxes to 16.

Cheers,
JPG

earthworm3
November 27th, 2013, 13:24
It's not into the GM combat tracker (work fine) but into player combat tracker (work not fine),
i have try to print to the console which variable they are into the player combat tracker and i have not health status variable.
see my console.log :

[27.11.2013 13:37:48] Script Notice: sClass : charsheet
[27.11.2013 13:20:11] Script Notice: tokenvis
[27.11.2013 13:20:11] Script Notice: tokenrefid
[27.11.2013 13:20:11] Script Notice: name
[27.11.2013 13:20:11] Script Notice: active
[27.11.2013 13:20:11] Script Notice: tokenrefnode
[27.11.2013 13:20:11] Script Notice: token
[27.11.2013 13:20:11] Script Notice: link
[27.11.2013 13:20:11] Script Notice: initresult
[27.11.2013 13:20:11] Script Notice: =================== : combattracker.list.id-00001 : ===================
[27.11.2013 13:37:48] Script Notice: sClass :

EDIT : I lost sClass variable value into clientct_entry.lua.

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2013, 19:52
I haven't had a chance to look at the code, but players are not allowed to drop PCs/NPCs into the combat tracker in any ruleset I've built.

Since each database node can only be owned by one user, it doesn't make sense to allow anyone but GM to edit. Also, none of the data links are going to propagate, which is probably what you are seeing.

If you wanted to add the ability for players to drop PCs/NPCs on combat tracker, you will probably need to pass the information to the host and have the host add the new entry. (using a message passing mechanism similar to the End Turn button on the client combat tracker, but passing the class/record info instead)

My suggestion is to just prevent players from dropping PCs/NPCs on the combat tracker, since it is usually something that should be reserved for GMs anyway.

Regards,
JPG

earthworm3
November 27th, 2013, 20:13
it's happening when the GM try to drag & drop a player to the combat tracker ...

earthworm3
November 28th, 2013, 12:12
How can i add health status to the GM combat tracker and display it to the Players combat travker with up to date information ?

earthworm3
November 28th, 2013, 19:40
Problem fixed by reprogramming the "updatedisplay()" into "clientct_entry.lua"

EDIT : i am playing warsaw after i release the new ruleset.

earthworm3
November 28th, 2013, 22:19
i have finish to play and i release the v1.9 for FGIII beta :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29747038/Ruleset/VtM.pak

Are they some bug ?

earthworm3
November 30th, 2013, 15:54
Bug fixed when rolling npc initiative : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29747038/Ruleset/VtM.pak
Vampire the Dark Ages extension : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29747038/Ruleset/VtDA.ext

S Ferguson
November 30th, 2013, 17:20
Oooh, V:tDA. Now my campaign can start rolling. Thanks.

Cheers,
SF

EDIT: when clicking on pg 6. of the character sheet using the VTDA extension, the following error occurs:

[30.11.2013 17:23:49] Ruleset Error: window: Control(misclist) anchoring to an undefined control (vehiclesframe) in windowclass (charsheet_spells)
[30.11.2013 17:23:49] Ruleset Error: window: Control(misclist) anchoring to an undefined control (vehiclesframe) in windowclass (charsheet_spells)

earthworm3
November 30th, 2013, 17:30
Oops totally forget to rename frame, sorry. I am correcting it

earthworm3
November 30th, 2013, 17:44
It is done, you can redownload it. Thanks.

viresanimi
November 30th, 2013, 17:53
That was a quick notice and fix! Thank you!

I have a friend that is waiting just for this extension. I know he will be thrilled about this.

Vires Animi

earthworm3
November 30th, 2013, 18:50
No problems, are they some or few bug ?

S Ferguson
November 30th, 2013, 19:03
Haven't found any more. I'll be running an adventure this weekend, and will test it fully then.

Cheers,
SF

earthworm3
November 30th, 2013, 19:09
Cool we will see if there are bugs and we will see if i need to rework them !

viresanimi
November 30th, 2013, 21:49
Found a small bug:

Logging on as a player and opening page 6, with the dark ages extention, I get this:

Network Notice: Client ruleset download complete Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/template_tabcontrol_darkag..."]:306: attempt to index a nil value

This is with newest versions of ruleset and extentions

Vires Animi

earthworm3
November 30th, 2013, 22:15
Can you try to redownload and retest plz ?

viresanimi
November 30th, 2013, 23:07
I will talk to my friend (whom experienced the problem) and test it tomorrow.

earthworm3
November 30th, 2013, 23:12
ok thank you.

S Ferguson
December 1st, 2013, 19:24
Now logging in as a player and clicking on page 3 gives:
[01.12.2013 19:21:47] Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/template_tabcontrol_darkag..."]:304: attempt to index a nil value
This is with the latest upgrades.

Cheers,
SF

EDIT: I haven't been able to reproduce this, but if it occurs once, it might be indicative of a problem.

earthworm3
December 1st, 2013, 19:45
this bug is strange because it's a new bug and i have not changed this line ...

earthworm3
December 1st, 2013, 20:02
Can you try with the new extension ?

earthworm3
December 2nd, 2013, 06:19
Same bug with the ruleset without extension when clicking on page 3 - Fixed.

earthworm3
December 2nd, 2013, 18:54
any other bug ?

earthworm3
December 3rd, 2013, 16:53
Any suggestions ?

S Ferguson
December 3rd, 2013, 17:18
A small suggestion for the moment. My players found the light grey on the character sheet (eg like pg. 1) hard to read. Perhaps changing the color to white? Get back to you later on the other notes I took down but can't find at the moment.

Cheers,
SF

earthworm3
December 3rd, 2013, 18:00
i have try to change color to white and it is difficult for eyes ...

earthworm3
December 15th, 2013, 14:38
Updated VtM ruleset and VtDA extension with the last CoreRPG.

EDIT : any bug ?

Blacky
December 18th, 2013, 07:43
PC name is truncated under portrait.

Also, are the players supposed to have the full sidebar, meaning Story, Maps, NPC, and so on?

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2013, 07:52
earthworm3,

Change the characterlist panel height to 100 inside desktop/desktop_panels.xml to address Blacky issue.

Also, you are pulling all the code for CoreRPG into your VtM ruleset right now, instead of using the layers. So, you will not get any updates to the CoreRPG layer automatically.

Cheers,
JPG

earthworm3
December 18th, 2013, 16:07
thanks for your reply

earthworm3
December 18th, 2013, 18:49
moon_wizard :
have i to add it to base.xml ?

<!-- Layers -->
<importruleset source="CoreRPG" />

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2013, 19:16
Yes.

Check out the 3.5E, PFRPG, 4E and Numenera rulesets for examples of layered rulesets.

Everything defined in the base layer will already be defined with the import ruleset tag. You just need to add VtM specific code and graphics. If you need to replace or modify a CoreRPG layer window, just redefine the object. You can also partially modify window class objects using merge="join".

Cheers,
JPG

earthworm3
December 18th, 2013, 19:21
thanks

earthworm3
December 18th, 2013, 19:33
i have use the "importruleset source=CoreRPG" and after i have not the d10 i do not understand...

Trenloe
December 18th, 2013, 19:45
I think you're not using the layered ruleset approach that is needed with CoreRPG in FG 3.0.

You need to leave all of the CoreRPG code in CoreRPG and use the importruleset tag as mentioned above.

Then you *only* have changes/additions specific to your ruleset in the ruleset you "layer on top of" CoreRPG. As M_W mentions above - have a look at the 3.5e ruleset and how that uses the CoreRPG ruleset code - which stays in CoreRPG, you don't import that code into your ruleset. This is very similar to how an extension works but is specific to a particular ruleset.

earthworm3
December 18th, 2013, 20:43
release of the new ruleset

earthworm3
December 18th, 2013, 20:45
Any bug ?

earthworm3
December 18th, 2013, 20:48
Blacky : bug fixed with the last ruleset.

EDIT:with the live version.

earthworm3
January 25th, 2014, 05:28
i am thinking about a mage: the ascension extension.
i think i can release this ruleset ... true ?

earthworm3
January 25th, 2014, 06:08
There are to much bug with the 3.0.2 for npcs, i do not understand why ...

earthworm3
January 25th, 2014, 06:19
[25.01.2014 06:16:26] Script Error: [string "npc_description:charisma"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
[25.01.2014 06:16:30] Script Error: [string "common/scripts/template_checkbox2.lua"]:95: attempt to index upvalue 'source' (a number value)
[25.01.2014 06:16:32] Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/template_tabcontrol.lua"]:60: attempt to index a nil value
[25.01.2014 06:16:32] Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/charsheet_pcnpc_page7.lua"]:33: attempt to index a nil value
[25.01.2014 06:16:34] Script Error: [string "initiativemod"]:1: attempt to index local 'actor' (a nil value)

any idea ?

EDIT : try to change health for npc and roll npc dice. These bugs are only for npcs.

Moon Wizard
January 25th, 2014, 08:54
I'm not able to recreate. Can you walk me through the steps to recreate with a new campaign? Or perhaps send me an existing campaign with the steps to see it?

Thanks,
JPG

earthworm3
January 25th, 2014, 09:11
Hi moon_wizard, these bug are only with FG3.0.2 when we drag&drop a npc to the combat tracker. When we open the npc sheet with the combat tracker -> bugs when rolling dice.

I have updated ct_client.xml, ct_host.xml and template_ct.xml inside ct folder and it fixe the problems.

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT : i need an up to date combat tracker permanently ?

Moon Wizard
January 25th, 2014, 09:40
Just pushed hot fix to v3.0.2. Same version number, since I pushed it less than 12 hours ago.

I think it will fix the issue. Please update, and try again. Let me know.

Regards,
JPG

earthworm3
January 25th, 2014, 09:44
thanks for your quick reply and your quick fix. Working perfectly

viresanimi
January 25th, 2014, 15:02
I wasn't able to recreate the original problem, but encountered another. But since I got unsure if I had updated to the newest version, I was unsure what to report. Anyhow, it works fine now. Thanks!

Vires Animi

viresanimi
February 14th, 2014, 10:52
Last night we ran into a problem. All players had updated to 3.0.3. One of my players got the following error while using the f-keys:

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:310: attempt to call field 'getTypeAndNode' (a nil value)

The rest of us could not replicate the error. Nor did it help to delete the shortcuts and make new one's. At this point I am thinking that there is something wrong with his computer, as he is seemingly always the one that gets errors, that the rest of us don't get, despite having the newest ruleset updates and so on. But just in case there is a problem here, that needs fixing, I thought I would post it anyways.

Vires Animi

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2014, 18:22
That's a function in the updated CoreRPG code, that is used by other functions within CoreRPG.

I was under assumption from dev version if a Vampire ruleset that it had taken a snapshot of the CoreRPG code instead of layering. So, I didn't think that it would impact.

Were any of the updated CoreRPG files pulled into the ruleset? Or is the ruleset now layered on CoreRPG

Regards,
JPG

earthworm3
April 7th, 2014, 07:04
The ruleset is layered on CoreRPG.

I try to create an extension to make possible crossover campaign (vampire/werewolf 20th anniversary edition for now) but i do not know how to modify sheet dynamically... any idea ?

EDIT : When i click on a player sheet in "character", i want the sheet change for vampire/werewolf and change all abilities, frame, icons, ...

Thanks

earthworm3
April 7th, 2014, 13:39
For now i have find how to change the picture of the sheet with "setFrame". But now (where it's difficult) is to change information inside the character sheet...

earthworm3
April 7th, 2014, 15:49
Find another problem : When i close the sheet window and open it again, the sheet font come with the original font and not the new font ... any idea ?

earthworm3
April 7th, 2014, 22:42
See my code :

function onInit()
if User.isHost() then
registerMenuItem("Mage","charlist_base_mage",1);
registerMenuItem("Vampire","charlist_base_vampire",2);
registerMenuItem("WereWolf","charlist_base_werewolf",3);
end
end

function onClickRelease(button, x, y)
if button == 3 then
Interface.openRadialMenu();
return true;
end
end

function onDoubleClick(x,y)
local wnd = Interface.findWindow("charsheetmini_top", window.getDatabaseNode());
if wnd then
wnd.close();
else
wnd = Interface.openWindow("charsheetmini_top", window.getDatabaseNode());
wnd.tabs.activateTab(1);
end
return true;
end

--Problème Here.
function onMenuSelection(selection, subselection, subsubselection)
if selection == 1 then
window.setFrame("charsheet_mage");
elseif selection == 2 then
window.setFrame("charsheet_vampire");
elseif selection == 3 then
window.setFrame("charsheet_werewolf");
end
end

Any Idea ?

Moon Wizard
April 8th, 2014, 04:08
You should try setting the frame to each one in the onInit call to make sure that the frames are valid and that you are applying to the right window.

My first guess is that frames are not defined correctly, or the wrong window object is getting the new frame.

Regards,
JPG

earthworm3
April 8th, 2014, 08:05
thanks for your reply

earthworm3
April 8th, 2014, 09:34
There is a setLabel funcrion or not please ? Thanks.

earthworm3
April 8th, 2014, 09:46
See my code :

<labeledstring name="placeofembrace">
<anchored>
<to>playerframe</to>
<position>insidetopleft</position>
<offset>15,70</offset>
<size>
<width>120</width>
<height>20</height>
</size>
</anchored>
<label>place of embrace</label>
<tabtarget>
<next>concept</next>
<prev>generation</prev>
</tabtarget>
</labeledstring>

I want to change the "label" text dynamicaly, thanks.

Trenloe
April 8th, 2014, 16:15
I want to change the "label" text dynamicaly, thanks.
Assuming the template you are using inherits textbasecontrol you can use setValue: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/textbasecontrol.xcp#setValue

Moon Wizard
April 9th, 2014, 01:51
I think labeled string is a custom template. You'd have to review the template to see if the label can be set programmatically. I think it's in CoreRPG.

Regards,
JPG

earthworm3
April 10th, 2014, 10:00
Thanks for your reply.
Now i have a new problem : When i set a new frame for a character sheet, it does not change dynamically for the host and the client, i must close the sheets and open it for see the new one... any idea ?
Thanks

Trenloe
April 10th, 2014, 15:16
If you use a value in the database to control which frame to use write a <databasenode>.onUpdate function that triggers on all clients when this database value is changed and use code in the function to change the frame.

earthworm3
April 10th, 2014, 16:21
thanks but i do not understand all, how can i do that ? Do you have an exemple ?

Trenloe
April 10th, 2014, 16:43
thanks but i do not understand all, how can i do that ? Do you have an exemple ?
See campaign\record_npc.xml in CoreRPG, the "npc" windowclass has the following script section:

<script>
function onInit()
local sNode = getDatabaseNode().getNodeName();
DB.addHandler(sNode .. ".locked", "onUpdate", onLockChanged);
onLockChanged();
end

function onClose()
local sNode = getDatabaseNode().getNodeName();
DB.removeHandler(sNode .. ".locked", "onUpdate", onLockChanged);
end

function onLockChanged()
if header.subwindow then
header.subwindow.update();
end
if main.subwindow then
main.subwindow.update();
end

local bReadOnly = WindowManager.getReadOnlyState(getDatabaseNode());
notes.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
end
</script>
onInit uses the DB.addHandler function to define the onUpdate event handler that runs the onLockChanged function when the node specified (sNode..".locked") changes.

See also the "Handler Functions" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/scripting.xcp Note that the line "node.onUpdate = sourceUpdate;" in this should be "node.onUpdate = onSourceUpdate;"

earthworm3
April 10th, 2014, 17:54
thanks, it's work

earthworm3
April 15th, 2014, 21:17
Hello, my second extension is in progress. For now, we can change character sheet between werewolf and vampire. I am on mage V20 now, and after NPC sheet. See my signature to download it.

EDIT : i have updated VtDA and VtM on my dropbox for now.

earthworm3
April 16th, 2014, 10:54
Hello, i have a problem for change npc sheet frame, see my code :

function onMenuSelection(selection, subselection, subsubselection)
if selection == 1 then
window.getDatabaseNode().getChild("race").setValue("vampire_npc");
if window.description then
window.description.onInstanceCreated();
window.combat.onInstanceCreated();
window.other.onInstanceCreated();

window.other3.onInstanceCreated();
window.other4.onInstanceCreated();
window.other5.onInstanceCreated();
end
end
end

description is a subwindow and it does not go to the if for call onInstanceCreated() function.

earthworm3
April 16th, 2014, 12:06
Problem solved :

local wnd = Interface.findWindow("npc",window.getDatabaseNode());
if wnd then
wnd.description.onInstanceCreated();
wnd.combat.onInstanceCreated();
wnd.other.onInstanceCreated();

wnd.other3.onInstanceCreated();
wnd.other4.onInstanceCreated();
wnd.other5.onInstanceCreated();
end

earthworm3
April 16th, 2014, 13:22
Extension "Crossover.ext" updated : NPC werewolf sheet OK.

earthworm3
April 18th, 2014, 07:13
By right clicking on "more" button, we can change PC & NPC sheets between Mage 20th, Vampire 20th, Werewolf 20th.

EDIT : Any bug ?

damned
April 18th, 2014, 07:34
good work earthworm3!

earthworm3
April 18th, 2014, 08:02
thanks for your reply, i will post it after "mortal" sheet added.

EDIT : i have not modified PC & NPC sheet "page 3" for now. For Werewolf V20th, i need to buy the books and for Mage 20th the books is only for backers on kickstarter...

viresanimi
April 18th, 2014, 13:43
Great work indeed! Having a single ruleset to play all the classic WoD games is sweet!

A few things. Everything seems to be running just fine in version 3.0.3. but the ruleset generates errors in the test version (3.0.4), when you click some of the buttons:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/campaign_list.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'setVisibility' (a nil value)

If this pops up the ruleset suddenly get very slow indeed. I thought this might be useful to know, so it doesn't come as a surprise when 3.0.4 goes live.

A personal request: Can the ruleset include all the graphical elements, just like the old version. I have a thing for making skins for my games and now that many of them are not present anymore, that is not possible. Not exactly needed, but would just be nice to have.

Keep up the good work!

Vires Animi

earthworm3
April 18th, 2014, 13:49
Yes i can include all graphics in the VtM ruleset. i will try it today.
The file campaign_list.lua is include in CoreRPG ruleset, not my ruleset, so it's maybe an error on the new version.

I may not create mortal sheet because we can use vampire sheet or mage sheet...

viresanimi
April 18th, 2014, 14:01
Maybe Moonwizard can shed light on the issue. Coding is way beyond me, but I do try to report issues, so they can be fixed.

Incidently the timing of the cross over extension is spot on. My players and I have this weird circle were we generally play Vampire in the winter and other stuff in the summer. Back in the day that was usually Werewolf and they have been asking me, if there would be a Werewolf ruleset also. I am sure they will be very happy when I can tell them, that Werewolf is on!

*thumbs up*

Vires Animi

earthworm3
April 18th, 2014, 14:05
Thanks, i have added all crossover graphical elements to the ruleset, you can redownload it.

viresanimi
April 18th, 2014, 14:43
Hmm... I don't see it. And I might have not have explained myself very well. It is the graphical elements from the CoreRPG that I would like to change. As in the scrollboxes and combat tracker stuff. Basically everything. I can't help myself. I like to redo everything! *Grins*

earthworm3
April 18th, 2014, 14:46
Just add your file (with same name and directory) to VtM.pak. It will replace the original graphical elements.

viresanimi
April 18th, 2014, 14:53
Yep. It does indeed! Thank you very much!

Vires Animi

Trenloe
April 18th, 2014, 15:04
Just add your file (with same name and directory) to VtM.pak. It will replace the original graphical elements.
Or you could write your own extension that replaces the graphics. This will be a better way to go as you don't need to update the VtM.pak file each time a new release comes out. Look at the wood theme in the \extensions folder as an example of an extension that changes the base graphics.

earthworm3
April 18th, 2014, 16:41
What is this strange error plz ?

Script Warning: setValue: Recursive node event or call terminated (combattracker.list.id-00002.bruised1)

Trenloe
April 18th, 2014, 16:46
What is this strange error plz ?

Script Warning: setValue: Recursive node event or call terminated (combattracker.list.id-00002.bruised1)
It sounds like a setValue command triggers an onUpdate event whose code uses a setValue command that triggers the onUpdate event again and this could go on-and-on.

earthworm3
April 18th, 2014, 17:39
Thanks, i have fixed this problem.

viresanimi
April 18th, 2014, 19:46
Or you could write your own extension that replaces the graphics. This will be a better way to go as you don't need to update the VtM.pak file each time a new release comes out. Look at the wood theme in the \extensions folder as an example of an extension that changes the base graphics.

I would love this for CoreRPG. Between the formatted notes and being able to just make a skin for it, would be awesome. Although I just hate the small background in Core, I feel there is more to work with here.

That said. Being able to make skins for werewolf and mage... could be very cool too! It could also be a good way to share what I've made with others.

Vires Animi

Trenloe
April 18th, 2014, 19:55
I would love this for CoreRPG. Between the formatted notes and being able to just make a skin for it, would be awesome. Although I just hate the small background in Core, I feel there is more to work with here.
I'm confused by this statement. There are already 2 themes for CoreRPG (Dungeon and Wood). So, absolutely you can make a skin for CoreRPG - you can use the dungeon or wood theme as an example.

earthworm3
June 5th, 2014, 00:06
Hello, i have updated VtM.pak (for FG 3.0.4) on my dropbox. If there are not bugs, how can i send it on libray like i have try in the past ? (sorry forget how)

Moon Wizard
June 5th, 2014, 06:32
Updated wiki to point to top of thread, so just update link in first post.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_Vampire:_The_Masquerade

Cheers,
JPG

viresanimi
June 8th, 2014, 08:42
I've run into a bug.

When I move dice to the taskbar at the bottom (the 1-12 buttons), I get this when I try to use the button:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:389: attempt to index global 'UtilityManager' (a nil value)

Vires Animi

Moon Wizard
June 9th, 2014, 02:19
The UtilityManager global script is being called, but is not defined in your ruleset. It was added in the latest CoreRPG release, is configured in base.xml and is located at scripts/manager_actions.lua.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
June 9th, 2014, 02:32
I've run into a bug.

When I move dice to the taskbar at the bottom (the 1-12 buttons), I get this when I try to use the button:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:389: attempt to index global 'UtilityManager' (a nil value)

Vires Animi
Doesn't sound like you're running the most recent version of the ruleset.

viresanimi
June 9th, 2014, 14:19
Well... I am running the version that is downloadable. I just did it once more to be sure. I still get the error, after the update.

Trenloe
June 9th, 2014, 14:55
Well... I am running the version that is downloadable. I just did it once more to be sure. I still get the error, after the update.
What version is shown in the chat window when you load up the ruleset?

I can't reproduce the error, could you provide exact steps on how to get the error?

viresanimi
June 9th, 2014, 18:32
Okies.

1. I download the ruleset from the first post in this thread.
2. I delete the old ruleset from the ruleset folder and then replace it with the new one.
3. I start Fantasy Grounds
4. I load my campaign with no extentions loaded.
5. Dice are dragged and dropped into the bar at the bottom. Error occurs on use: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:389: attempt to index global 'UtilityManager' (a nil value)
6. Made a new fresh campaign with no extentions loaded, to make sure error it is not just in the old campaign. Error persists.
7. Tried another test campaign in 3.5e, to make sure it is not a general problem. No errors.

Vires Animi

Edit: Version displayed when I load the VtM ruleset: CoreRPG v3.0.3

Trenloe
June 9th, 2014, 18:50
Edit: Version displayed when I load the VtM ruleset: CoreRPG v3.0.3
That sounds like it is the issue, it should display 3.0.4.

Start up a new CoreRPG only campaign and see what version it displays - it should show 3.0.4.

If it doesn't show 3.0.4 remove CoreRPG.pak from the rulesets folder (and if there is a CoreRPG folder remove that too) and then run an FG update to download the latest CoreRPG ruleset.

viresanimi
June 9th, 2014, 19:00
I've removed the CoreRPG ruleset twice and run the update. I've even started up a CoreRPG test campaign. When I load it up it says that CoreRPG is version 3.0.3. (That is when I've loaded into the new campaign. Only place I can see the version number).

I am quite mystified to be honest.

Vires Animi

Trenloe
June 9th, 2014, 19:03
Have you entered your FG User Name and password in the "Update" section on the FG settings screen?

Try running FG as Administrator (right-click on the FG icon and select "Run As Administrator") before you do an update.

viresanimi
June 9th, 2014, 19:18
Yes. I keep my login / password updated. And did it every time I wanted to update FG. And my FG / FGupdater both run as administrator. No change.
CoreRPG still displays as v3.0.3.

I should note that I have no errors with the CoreRPG on its own regarding the taskbar / function keys. It is still only VtM ruleset that generates this error.

Vires Animi

Trenloe
June 9th, 2014, 19:22
Do you have "live" selected in settings before you do an update?

viresanimi
June 9th, 2014, 19:34
I am a moron. I freely admit it. It's official.

Of course FG updated correctly. But I had forgotten, that I had an unzipped copy of CoreRPG in my rulesetfolder, since I was using stuff from it to make my WoD themes.... and I'd forgotten to delete it again. But that does not get updated by FG of course. And yes. That solved the problem with the taskbar.

Mea Maxima Culpa

Vires Animi

SR_Magnar
July 24th, 2014, 12:00
Are there any Werewolf Rulesets or character sheets?

viresanimi
July 24th, 2014, 13:39
There is an extension (see the original post) called "Crossover". This changes most of the things needed for Werewolf / Mage play in the classic World of Darkness. The abilities don't change, so you would need to put in things, such as Enigmas and Primal Urge Manually, but otherwise ... yeah, it works fine.

Vires Animi

viresanimi
September 18th, 2014, 07:03
One of my players have experienced this error:

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:316: attempt to call field 'getTypeAndNode' (a nil value)

I have no clue what could have a triggered this, since we've played the campaign for quite a while with no errors at all. I hope there is a fix for this.

Vires Animi

damned
September 18th, 2014, 07:07
that error is in response to something that he/she did a its in response to something going to the chat window.
the script is trying to reference the character and looks like it didnt find it... getTypeAndNode is looking for the PC or NPC and storing its type and id for use in the next action...
if you havent seen it before its probably a transient error...

viresanimi
September 18th, 2014, 09:05
Its actually the second time my player has talked about it. I am thinking of remaking the character in a new character sheet to see if that helps. Also: Would the /flushdb have anything to do with this perhaps?

Vires Animi

Trenloe
September 18th, 2014, 15:23
Its actually the second time my player has talked about it. I am thinking of remaking the character in a new character sheet to see if that helps. Also: Would the /flushdb have anything to do with this perhaps?
Remaking the character might help. What is the player doing when the error occurs?

/flushdb shouldn't cause this as that just removed node assignment from the database.

viresanimi
September 18th, 2014, 16:59
What is the player doing when the error occurs?

He tried to roll dice. Not sure about the specifics of HOW he tried that. But yeah. Will try the character remake and see what happens.

Vires Animi

Trenloe
September 18th, 2014, 17:11
He tried to roll dice. Not sure about the specifics of HOW he tried that. But yeah. Will try the character remake and see what happens.
It might be worth finding out exactly what the player was doing. Then the developer of this ruleset could see if there is an issue that they can fix in a future release.

viresanimi
September 20th, 2014, 02:35
Right. Finally had time to test it. Note that only one player is reporting this error. I can't repeat it locally. All are using the current version: 3.0.8.

The error: Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/manager_chat.lua"] attempt to call field 'getTypeAndNode' (a nil value)

show up whenever my player tries to roll dice. We tried it with a new charactersheet but it didn't matter. We tried both rolling dice from the function bar at the bottom or just picking up dice and rolling them in the chat window. Both versions generated the error.

Can't think of anything that would have caused this error to appear. We've been running this campaign for a long time without errors and now it comes every time a player is rolling dice.

I hope we can find a solution to this.

Vires Animi

Trenloe
September 20th, 2014, 03:38
All are using the current version: 3.0.8.
So, you're all running the "test" version of Fantasy Grounds, not the current live version? Is there any particular reason for this? One-off errors can very often occur in the test version - especially on custom rulesets or rulesets using extensions as the code in the custom ruleset/extension could be using earlier versions of code.

In this example, the error you are getting is in a CoreRPG script that has been copied into the custom ruleset from an earlier version of CoreRPG and then modified for this ruleset. Running against a version of CoreRPG that is not the version that this ruleset was created for could give errors. Which might be contributing to what you're seeing.

If you could do some testing with the player who is having the issue, but both of you "update" to the "live" 3.0.7 version of FG to see if it still occurs.

viresanimi
September 25th, 2014, 20:11
I have tried anything and everything I can think of, but errors keep showing up. It seems to be, that after certain amount of time, the ruleset just seems to generate the weirdest errors, but everything seems to work just fine. At this point, I don't care much about the errors. I just want to know: Is there a way to turn off the error messages entirely? Just... getting rid of them somehow, would be lovely at this point.

Vires Animi

Moon Wizard
September 27th, 2014, 03:39
There's no way to turn off errors. What are the errors? Maybe I can help point the way next week.

Regards,
JPG

viresanimi
September 29th, 2014, 08:36
Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:316: attempt to call field 'getTypeAndNode' (a nil value)

We've tried various versions of FG. 3.0.7. 3.08 in test and in live. Only one player has this problem. In short no matter what he gets that error if he rolls dice. Every time he rolls dice. Which is bloody annoying with that pop-up window.

Vires Animi

damned
September 29th, 2014, 12:42
Has the player tried removing (manually) CoreRPG and letting it update/install?
Has the player tried deleting (rename it if you are concerned about deleting) their Cache for that campaign?
Does it happen for the player if they use a new character?

viresanimi
September 29th, 2014, 16:33
I don't know which of the two first tips worked, but it did. Thanks!

damned
September 30th, 2014, 01:04
As no one else was havong/generating the issue it was something that happened at their end.
The players dont need the VtM ruleset but they do need the CoreRPG.
Also the Cache file can sometimes get damaged. Renaming or deleting this will just cause a delay the next time they login as it redownloads all the Cache data from the host.

Grimaxe
September 30th, 2014, 05:24
Looks like the old VTM and VTM / DA stuff I got off the wiki in the past, I tried making one with the crossover but only still saw the vampire character / npc sheets no mage / ww etc.

Grimaxe
October 9th, 2014, 03:37
I noticed today after extracting the VtM.pak that there were graphics for mage / fae / werewolf / changeling sheets, but it doesn't look like the actual character sheets were ever done (and loading up the game with the crossover extension doesn't seem to do anything). I'm gonna assume whoever started the project abandoned it, I'm gonna have to tweak a few of the graphics before I dive into the more complicated stuff (I'm not sure who was smoking crack when they did the background graphics for the vamp char sheets, but black text on a dark grey background is NOT a good idea, though apparently changing it to black / white cloud effects in PS looks pretty damn good when I went to test it, along with all the white / black text being easily readable).

viresanimi
October 9th, 2014, 19:16
They way you change races is to right click on the button in the bottom left corner of the character sheet. Cross over needs to be loaded. There are charactersheets for vampire, werewolf, and mage. But there is no way to go back to the original grey state.

Vires Animi

Grimaxe
October 9th, 2014, 21:37
They way you change races is to right click on the button in the bottom left corner of the character sheet. Cross over needs to be loaded. There are charactersheets for vampire, werewolf, and mage. But there is no way to go back to the original grey state.

Vires Animi

ah ok thanks, and yea the background changing isn't a big deal (the original grey slate was horrid looking imo anyway, changing it was pretty easy once I found the program to unpack the .pak files :D)

Blacky
March 5th, 2015, 06:57
Probably the stupidest question, but what's the way to roll for a common test, Attribute+Ability? How to select the attribute used?

MoonlitDNC
January 21st, 2016, 18:48
Was looking to do stuff with the ruleset, but I cant seem to find any guides on how to use it. Also noticing there is a language selection box that is placed in such a way that the chat entry bar has been pushed downward and fallen out of alignment with the log window. When I go to poke the language select button, it's blank.

damned
January 21st, 2016, 20:53
The languages feature was added to the underlying CoreRPG ruleset a couple of versions ago (maybe 3.1.3?) and the community dev of this ruleset hasnt updated the ruleset code to accommodate it...
This thread is prolly your best chance at a guide.
What things are you trying to do with the ruleset that you are having trouble with?

MoonlitDNC
January 22nd, 2016, 19:03
I was mainly just looking for a general usage guide. Even tiny stuff like rolling stats from the character sheet - I know I can double-click a stat, but that defaults the difficulty to 6 and only gives me that singular stat. There's a lot of stuff in the campaign book (Dust to Dust) that will mention two stats at the same time like Dex + Firearms, but I'm not entirely sure on that stuff.

damned
January 22nd, 2016, 23:34
Doco is generally sparse on community rulesets in particular. But no ruleset - even 5e - aims to teach you how to play the actual game if that is what you are after.
Im afraid im not familiar with this game so cant shed any more light on it :(

MoonlitDNC
January 24th, 2016, 19:28
I found someone that must have ran a small V20 game on YouTube with Fantasy Grounds. I think I was able to pick up most of the info I was missing, so for now, everything is working correctly as far as I can tell.

damned
January 25th, 2016, 04:33
Hey MoonlitDNC post the link if you found it useful :)

MoonlitDNC
January 29th, 2016, 22:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrZUAqhMSk The person running it is "Kailvin" I guess....?

So far as I know, he has three videos up pertaining to Vampire on Fantasy Grounds. The first one is him giving a general explanation of Vampire lore & rules + a demo of the combat system within Fantasy Grounds. The other two are him running the game for a full party of people. Seeing everything in action went a long way towards helping me figure out how to work the stat sheet/dice rolls & some of the other misc functions that Star Wars differs on.

Serena
February 2nd, 2016, 04:16
OMG! If someone has a game ongoing I would love to join! I miss vtm so much!

S

Maspalio
February 3rd, 2016, 19:32
If someone has a game ongoing I would love to join!

I run one actually, and might run a second soon. It's a french speaking campaign though, don't know where you're from.

Serena
February 3rd, 2016, 22:34
vraiment? je ne crois pas avoir de problème avec le français

Blacky
February 4th, 2016, 05:20
There's a few Vampire games campaign currently running on VirtuaJDR tabletop in French (https://www.virtuajdr.net/), at least two under Fantasy Grounds (Dark Ages V20 Vampire). But I don't know the exact state of the tables (open, full, etc.).

viresanimi
February 4th, 2016, 09:22
While I would love to play Vampire with people here, I am forced at the moment to stick with my friends, due to health issues. I basically can't keep a schedule, but would like to see this game get more love here. Hopefully someone will poke Paradox and say: "Hey look at the FG community - you should do something for them".

Vires Animi

MoonlitDNC
February 5th, 2016, 21:02
I have to say, as a random player that only started finding out about the tabletop version after playing the PC game, I had absolutely no idea they are still coming out with Vampire TM V20 books. There's not the slightest bit of advertising at all, at least not anywhere that I ever saw it until someone "in the know" pointed me to the Drivethrough RPG site.

Would be interested to see an official VtM20 ruleset added to Fantasy Grounds & Steam.......could do a special bundle that came with 4 copies of Fantasy Grounds, the VtM20 ruleset, and a copy of VtM: Bloodlines. :o

AncientArchaic
September 20th, 2016, 08:10
very exciting stuff thanks.

frostbyte000jm
September 21st, 2016, 04:13
I am getting this error when I load
---------------------------
Error loading data
Ruleset: VtM
Error: Unable to load ruleset file (campaign/campaign_story.xml)

Do you want to try reloading the data?
Yes No

Any ideas on how to fix?

viresanimi
September 21st, 2016, 05:19
There is information about it, in the 3.2 test thread. I expect, that when 3.2 goes live, something can be done to upload the fixes. But yes, this ruleset is in need of some love.

Vires Animi

Trenloe
September 21st, 2016, 05:23
I am getting this error when I load
Error loading data
Ruleset: VtM
Error: Unable to load ruleset file (campaign/campaign_story.xml)

Do you want to try reloading the data?
Yes No

Any ideas on how to fix?
This is indicating that it can't find some files from the underlying CoreRPG ruleset.

What version of FG are you running?

Make sure you have CoreRPG.pak in your <FG App Data>\rulesets directory. Try to create a new campaign using the CoreRPG ruleset.

Make sure you don't have an old VtM directory in <FG App Data>\rulesets.

Trenloe
September 21st, 2016, 05:36
If you're using v3.2.0 test, try it with v3.1.7 live - it loads up for me fine using live.

frostbyte000jm
September 21st, 2016, 12:39
That was my problem. I am not on the live server. I wasn't thinking about that.

Thank you

noctala
November 3rd, 2016, 19:46
Version 3.20 is now live and was about to post about the campaign_story.xml issue but I see that was already the case during the test phase. I guess the VtM ruleset and its extensions are now obsolete?
That is a true shame because of the popularity of this game...
I have tried adding empty xml files to the ruleset for testing, it makes it load but unusable. I believe the ruleset needs a revamp.
If I ever manage to build a ruleset from scratch I will make sure to post it on the forum. Otherwise, if somebody comes up with a fix I will be more than happy to try it.
And now got to tell my players the bad news...

viresanimi
November 3rd, 2016, 19:51
Right. I forgot that I promised to make sure that people could get a functioning version. All of the coding fixes has been done by others (I think it was Damned that was very helpful during the 3.2 testing), and I've tweaked the graphics myself.

You can get it from here (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33410467/VtM.pak)

If some admin wants to put it up on the wiki, that is totally ok with me.

I hope that solves your problems

Vires Animi

Serena
November 3rd, 2016, 20:11
will try to work on it also

noctala
November 3rd, 2016, 20:14
Working like a charm. Even with customised extensions. Just need to get used to the new way of using the interface.
You're a lifesaver

viresanimi
November 3rd, 2016, 20:20
Hah... All I did was pester the clever people around here, until someone caved in. Thank them!

But since I am not a coder, I cannot maintain the ruleset. I do not think the author is looking at it anymore. Which is sad. Glad it works for you.

Vires Animi

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2016, 21:23
Updated the first post with the new link.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 23rd, 2017, 06:40
Does anybody have a copy of the v3.2.x compatible version of this ruleset? The dropbox link that earthworm left no longer works. I can host on the wiki, but I need to get a copy of the ruleset.

Thanks,
JPG

viresanimi
March 23rd, 2017, 17:05
I do. With the gracious help from the amazing people here, I've managed to make it work in 3.3. However, I've put my own graphics in using assets from a Onyx Path site, and I don't know if it is ok to post it in its current form. But I can send the rulesets and the 2 extensions and you could review it. But where do you want me to send it to?

Vires Animi

ddavison
March 24th, 2017, 00:22
We do have an agreement in place now with Onyx Path Publishing if you were interested in doing an official version under commission. We had someone submit one to us for review in November but they've gone quiet on us over the last few months.

viresanimi
March 24th, 2017, 07:08
I can't code but I love messing with graphics. Which is what I have done. Perhaps I should just email it to your support email when I get home from work and you can see if it is ok. Otherwise I think I have the original theme somewhere and could remake it.

Vires Animi

Moon Wizard
April 7th, 2017, 03:16
Added links to a v3.2 compatible version of this ruleset that was sent to us, and they are hosted on our server now.

Regards,
JPG

Arachnyd47
June 5th, 2017, 15:09
Hello, and thank you for the work on this ruleset.

I wonder how can we mention Specialties on attributes and capacities ?

viresanimi
June 5th, 2017, 23:50
I always write them down in the notes page (More button / Page 3).

There really is no good way of doing it really, but at least this way you will have a written record of it.

Vires Animi

The High Druid
August 25th, 2017, 21:39
Was looking into using this for a werewolf game. Does anyone have any idea if it's possible to create effects that alter attributes? Figured it would be the easiest way to deal with the 4 forms to have an effect for each one.

I tried STR:1, STR:+1, Strength:1, Strength:+1, STRENGTH:1, and STRENGTH:+1 but none of those seemed to work

Gubben
September 7th, 2017, 10:40
Hi!!

I would like to translate this ruleset to spanish and add the rulebook as reference. I'm woring on it, but I need help on creating extensions. Does anybody know any link with instructions on creating extensions?

dulux-oz
September 7th, 2017, 12:57
Hi!!

I would like to translate this ruleset to spanish and add the rulebook as reference. I'm woring on it, but I need help on creating extensions. Does anybody know any link with instructions on creating extensions?

Check out the LPak Community Project here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27202-LanguagePak-(LPak)-Community-Project-Program). The Project is all about translating FG into a number of different languages.

Gubben
September 29th, 2017, 17:07
I translated to spanish, themed and added rules reference to this ! XD

Hanyo990
October 16th, 2017, 09:54
Hey there. When attempting to download the rules, I get directed to a page of (to me) gibberish. The extension links work to downloads just fine but not the .pak file? I'm very new so perhaps I'm doing something dumb I don't know but any help would be appreciated.

Gubben
October 16th, 2017, 10:06
Hey there. When attempting to download the rules, I get directed to a page of (to me) gibberish. The extension links work to downloads just fine but not the .pak file? I'm very new so perhaps I'm doing something dumb I don't know but any help would be appreciated.

I never had this kind of issue, but I can share it with you if you don't find the correct link.
I've tested the link and works fine for me.

damned
October 16th, 2017, 10:37
Right click the link and choose Save As. Your browser thinks it knows how to open the file and is doing so (unsuccessfully).

Hanyo990
October 16th, 2017, 10:46
Right click the link and choose Save As. Your browser thinks it knows how to open the file and is doing so (unsuccessfully).

This appears to have worked thank you very much!

wsorrentini
October 21st, 2017, 20:25
LFP 3-4 VTM20th (2nd edition) campaing, time -5GMT(EST-USA). M/T/W/T/F 9am-to 2pm local OR Friday 7pm until late local. RP 70% Mechanics 30%, all you need is Demo.

Draconism
November 25th, 2017, 14:28
There is no any rulebook mod for this, right?

wsorrentini
November 25th, 2017, 14:53
not so far; it has to be open on a different window

Trenloe
November 25th, 2017, 17:58
There is no any rulebook mod for this, right?
There can't be, due to copyright. Vampire (and other World of Darkness systems) are not released under an OGL/Creative Commons license, so only limited data (game mechanics) can be shared without breaking copyright.

Schattenalf
December 30th, 2017, 13:07
The Link for the Ruleset Download is nor working (no download).
Could you please have a look at it and maybe repair it? Or is there maybe another working ruleset for VtM V20?

Thanks,

Schattenalf

damned
December 30th, 2017, 14:41
The Link for the Ruleset Download is nor working (no download).
Could you please have a look at it and maybe repair it? Or is there maybe another working ruleset for VtM V20?

Thanks,

Schattenalf

Welcome Schattenalf - it works for me... what are you seeing?

Schattenalf
December 30th, 2017, 17:14
Hello and thx for the welcome.

The link opens up to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/community/rulesets/VtM.pak and there are a lot of glyphs and symbols and a few letters to see. If I try the link to the Warhammer FRP 1 Edition ruleset I experience the same problem (not with the Dark Ages Extension, the Crossover Extension or Warhammer FRP 2nd Ed. or 3rd Ed. rulesets). Maybe a problem with Firefox?

Schattenalf
December 30th, 2017, 17:22
Ah Ok, Firefox did cause the problem.
I managed the download with Microsoft Edge.

Thx,

Schattenalf

ddavison
December 30th, 2017, 17:25
You might also be able to choose right-click and Save on the download link. It sounds like Firefox has some meta assigned to PAK file extensions. That must mean something else to Firefox that it is able to load directly in the browser.

nayman92
January 21st, 2018, 05:09
for some reason i can not give any skill points to my skills i am using FG V.3.3.4 Ultimate. Am i doing something wrong? Just write some possible answers. Thanks.

viresanimi
January 21st, 2018, 06:03
You're right. Double clicking no longer works in 3.3.4. However, CTRL-mousewheel still lets you change how many dots there are in an ability.

Vires Animi

damned
January 21st, 2018, 12:01
Welcome nayman92

3.3.4 is still in the test slot (you are running your client in test mode) and many rulesets may have some (new) bugs in them for this new version.
Hopefully the dev will be able to comment/update in the near future.

viresanimi
January 21st, 2018, 15:33
Unfortunately, the dev seems to have abandoned this ruleset, which is a darn shame. But on another note, I actually prefer this "bug". So no more accidental adjustment of stats.

Vires Animi

nayman92
January 21st, 2018, 16:55
thanks for CTRL+Mousewheel help.

wsorrentini
March 1st, 2018, 14:47
yes ty very much I have a game tonight and i was freaking out

wsorrentini
March 1st, 2018, 14:48
I will pay for this

Dyzae
March 23rd, 2018, 18:33
I need help, I can't change the stats of any new or old character. Every field where you need to write work, but not the slot. (Like if I want to add points to an attribute, capacity or discipline, etc. I can't)

Edit... Ok finaly I just understand what he said by "CTRL+Mousewheel"...
For any other french who would have difficulty with this: "CTRL et simplement faire glisser la roulette de la souris, sans cliquer."

Trenloe
March 23rd, 2018, 18:39
I need help, I can't change the stats of any new or old character. Every field where you need to write work, but not the slot. (Like if I want to add points to an attribute, capacity or discipline, etc. I can't)
Welcome to the forums!

This was discussed a few posts ago - see post #231 above.

Frunobulax
May 19th, 2018, 04:16
I wanted to delete this post but can't figure out how. Ignore please....

Martin2301
May 21st, 2018, 15:36
Hi,
I tried the ruleset and I like it very much, the only sad side of it, it's the fact that i cannot save work in progress like a new module, same as in the DnD ruleset! Is there a way to do it?

Trenloe
May 21st, 2018, 15:45
...the only sad side of it, it's the fact that i cannot save work in progress like a new module, same as in the DnD ruleset! Is there a way to do it?
Type /export in the chat window?

Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Export

Martin2301
May 21st, 2018, 15:53
Thanks, Trenloe.

In the crossover it's nice, but miss the hunter and just human sheet! hihihi
I aks a lot of thing hihi

Ludus Dominus
August 5th, 2018, 21:46
Can I get a DL link if this is still available???? pretty please??

damned
August 5th, 2018, 22:38
The WoD rolls are in MoreCore and the next release has rolls for Chronicles of Darkness too.

Ghorbadul
August 19th, 2019, 16:28
I am not able to get the details of all rolled dice to appear in the chat log. All it shows is the number of successes based on the default difficulty and the dice quickly disappear from the screen. Looking at Kailvin's video on Youtube, I see that it is somehow possible to see the details of the dice in the chat log. Am I missing something or did something get lost since then due to the updates? I am thinking about migrating my V20 game from Roll20 to here but this is a huge deal breaker at the moment. Thank you!

viresanimi
August 19th, 2019, 17:23
You need to roll the dice in the chat window, or the result will not show up there. All 3d dice beyond the default one's will disappear after a die roll. Not matter what. You cannot have a bunch of d10 lying about. That is not how FG works.

Ghorbadul
August 19th, 2019, 18:41
You need to roll the dice in the chat window, or the result will not show up there. All 3d dice beyond the default one's will disappear after a die roll. Not matter what. You cannot have a bunch of d10 lying about. That is not how FG works.

Thanks for the reply but I think there is a misunderstanding. I am okay with the dice not staying on the board. I want to be able to see the outcome of each die in the chat window. This seems to be possible in the gameplay video posted here a couple of years back. I am trying to roll by writing /die command, I am also trying the shortcuts, multiple dice, single die, drag&click, inside the chat window, outside the chat window, etc... All I am seeing is attached.

I want to be able to see the rolls like this:

viresanimi
August 19th, 2019, 21:15
My apologies, I did indeed misunderstand.

My problem is that I've moved on from V20 and started with Vampire 5th edition, which has better dice mechanics and just kept the old world setting. So I haven't been using the V20 ruleset for a while. And the problem is simple: No one is maintaining it. Hence you see the dice rolls the way you do. Things have changed in the underlying Core structure which the V20 ruleset don't account for. In other words: It is broken.

And it is a shame really, because its a great ruleset.

I have posted material for using MoreCore for Vampire 5th edition and personally I would look at that and make something similar for V20 (or just go with the new edition). This ruleset never had much in the way of automation, nor do you really need it compared to D&D. MoreCore is just as good an option as this is. But it does require a bit of work to set up. If you decide to go the MoreCore route, and need help, feel free to drop me a line in Discord. I am in the FG discord under Viresanimi.

I hope that clears it up.

Vires Animi

P.S.: You can still change the difficulty by changing the number in the modifier box. So "technically" it still works.

Ghorbadul
August 21st, 2019, 14:31
It's a shame really. I am still using V20 and I do not see V5 as a replacement per se. I will need to keep this campaign on Roll20 in this case. Thank you for the clarification!

Naurthoron
January 12th, 2020, 22:42
Hi, I have tested the updated VtM.pak from 2019-12-09 with FGU and the following error message pops up:

[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-h). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-r). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-i). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-b). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-bi). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-b-large). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetlabel). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheettext). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetnumber). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (charselecttitle). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (charselectbody). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (optionset). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (optiontitle). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (optionbody). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (tablerange). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (tableheader). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (tabledata). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarday). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarday-b). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarday-bi). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarbold). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarselecttitle). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarselectbody). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarmessage). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetlabelinline). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetlabelmini). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (list-empty). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (button-white). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (button-white-large). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:37:11 PM] [WARNING] Frame shortcuts contains out-of-range values in Middle.

It is also impossible to edit a character sheet: the empty dots do not appear and trying to click on the area next to an attribute or skill gives the following error message:

[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-bi). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-b-large). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetlabel). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheettext). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetnumber). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (charselecttitle). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (charselectbody). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (optionset). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (optiontitle). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (optionbody). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (tablerange). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (tableheader). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (tabledata). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarday). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarday-b). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarday-bi). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarbold). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarselecttitle). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarselectbody). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (calendarmessage). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetlabelinline). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetlabelmini). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (list-empty). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (button-white). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:36:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (button-white-large). [VtM] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[1/12/2020 11:37:11 PM] [WARNING] Frame shortcuts contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[1/12/2020 11:37:29 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charsheet_radio_button2.lu..."]:15: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
[1/12/2020 11:40:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charsheet_radio_button.lua"]:15: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
[1/12/2020 11:40:30 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charsheet_radio_button2.lu..."]:15: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
[1/12/2020 11:40:31 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charsheet_radio_button2.lu..."]:15: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Cheeras!