PDA

View Full Version : [Recruiting] Weekend nights group (GMT-5 EST)

Mask_of_winter
September 29th, 2013, 11:26
I like to run Savage Worlds one shot once or twice a month. Now that the summer is over, I'm ready to start running games again so I want to see if there is any interest. Games would be on Saturday nights, 11pm to 2 or 3 am (EST). I own almost all of the SW settings and want to eventually run them all. The idea is to have a "con" like format. Pre-gens, teamspeak, you sit down, everything is ready and we play. I also have an ultimate license so it's totally free. I also like to broadcast a live music feed (movie and video game scores). I'm a veteran GM of 25+ years (~5 years on FG2). I like a game that is story oriented but take advantage of the SW system to offer plenty of action also. I don't practice discrimination for player selection. All I ask is that you have good intentions and want to have fun in a mature and respectful manner. Whether or not you know the SW rules or how to use FG2 isn't important to me. I enjoy teaching the game and introducing new players to SW or/and FG2. So if you have any questions or you are interested use this thread or pm me.

AstaSyneri
September 30th, 2013, 08:40
Ah, sigh. Very tempting, but alas the wrong timeframe. :(

Are you by any chance planning to do one shots at FG Con in the afternoon frame? That would be evening in my neck of the woods (Europe).

Ikael
September 30th, 2013, 16:52
Games would be on Saturday nights, 11pm to 2 or 3 am (EST).

Sounds very interesting. However the time difference would mean that the game starts at sunday 6:00 or 7:00 for me. My saturdays are usually unknown beforehand and I might go out to meet some friends which makes me stay awake late and sunday morning can be terrifying :P Despite that I am interested, but I cannot guarantee that I am available all the session, but since it's one shosts it doesn't matter that much (at least if there are enough other players). How do you feel abou this?

longarms
September 30th, 2013, 23:19
That is an ideal time frame for me and another.

Other details sound good, too.

Mask_of_winter
October 1st, 2013, 02:14
It would be a pleasure to game with you again Ikael. And no, no commitment needed. That's the whole point of running one shots.

As for more details longarms, I have the second Saturday of october in mind. The one shots that are most ready are a Beasts and Barbarians city dungeon crawl, a Buffy/Supernatural inspired investigation using the Horror Companion, a Savage Dark Heresy game, a 80's action hero vs nazis pulp extravaganza... Hmm that's about it for now. I have many more ideas also.

Thanks everybody for your response! Stay tuned!

Claybor
October 1st, 2013, 03:09
This sounds interesting. I am not a license holder but as that is not an issue in this case I could possibly give it a try.

esspkay
October 1st, 2013, 07:21
Hi Mask; if I'm correct, your Saturday night game goes live at 2pm Sunday for me here in Australia, which is perfect. I'd love to get on board with the Buffy-inspired one shot (or any, really), given I want to run a Savage Worlds game based in Night Vale. Hope it all works out :)

Mask_of_winter
October 1st, 2013, 13:42
Again, thanks for the overwhelming response. Stay tuned as I will create a calender shortly.

Mask_of_winter
October 2nd, 2013, 15:49
Campaign calendar is up https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1092

AstaSyneri
October 2nd, 2013, 16:31
How long do you reckon will the one-shots last? Four hours?

Mask_of_winter
October 3rd, 2013, 01:04
How long do you reckon will the one-shots last? Four hours?
2-4 hrs, usually 3hrs and no more than 4.

punisher5150
October 4th, 2013, 05:43
Newbie to using FG to play. Somwhat familiar with SW rules.

Also, do you want characters already created? Or will it be pregens?

Mask_of_winter
October 4th, 2013, 13:17
You are very welcome to join P !
Newbie to using FG to play. Somwhat familiar with SW rules.

Also, do you want characters already created? Or will it be pregens?

Pre-gens will be provided, 5-6 for each session. I like the Con format, very plug n play. Sign up, show up, sit down and play!

AstaSyneri
October 4th, 2013, 13:56
I am not sure yet, whether I will have the fortitude to get up that early in the morning (it shows 5 a.m. for me), but I am certainly intrigued.

TheShroud
October 5th, 2013, 00:28
I am down

Mask_of_winter
October 5th, 2013, 22:16
First, a halloween themed game named A Fistful of Mischief. It's a modern action/investigation horror setting inspired by tv shows like Buffy, Supernatural, Sleepy Hollow, Hemlock Grove and the Dylan Dog movie. There are 5 spots available for this game. Make sure to sign up in the calendar.

Trenloe
October 7th, 2013, 16:19
Sorry to barge in on your thread here - but how about running one (or more) of these one-shots at FG Con? :)

phantomwhale
October 8th, 2013, 12:19
Gosh - that's my Sunday afternoon. Might actually be able to make one of these...

P.S. Also - what Trenloe said - represent for Savage Worlds at FG Con !!!

Mask_of_winter
October 12th, 2013, 05:45
Hi everybody! This is a friendly reminder that I'm running an action/horror one shot in less than 24hrs. (October 12th 23:00 EDT GMT-5). As I understand the current situation Ben is not 100% sure he'll be there and longarms is bringing in more players not signed in to the calendar. So at this time I'm unsure if there are any spots left. These players have currently confirmed on the calendar and have priority: longarms, DMRem, phantomwhale, Ikael. If there are any spots left after that (5 pre-gens) it'll be on a first come first served basis. I will not turn anyone down though but you'll have to enter one of the pre-gens from the free Wild Hunt one-sheet available here (https://www.peginc.com/pdfstore/test-drive-savage-worlds-the-wild-hunt/). I will have the server up at least 30mins early. Come in as early as you can. The pre-gens are ready to play but you have to buy/choose/pick your own gear.

Looking forward to meeting you!

P.S. The server alias is now available

longarms
October 12th, 2013, 07:19
are we using skype? or vent? or teamspeak?

trying to get ready

Mask_of_winter
October 12th, 2013, 07:22
Teamspeak. FG2's server. Info located here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server&p=129318&viewfull=1#post129318

Thanks for asking, I had forgotten about clarifying that part :o

Mask_of_winter
October 19th, 2013, 15:09
Sorry to barge in on your thread here - but how about running one (or more) of these one-shots at FG Con? :)
Done! :)
https://www.fg-con.com/events/revenge-of-the-geek-savage-men-in-black/#em-booking

Trenloe
October 21st, 2013, 03:59
Done! :)
https://www.fg-con.com/events/revenge-of-the-geek-savage-men-in-black/#em-booking
Awesome! Thanks. :) 5 Savage Worlds games now at the con - if anyone is looking for a fast and furious game in just less than 2 weeks have a look at the convention site.

Mask_of_winter
October 22nd, 2013, 00:31
Hurry! There are only 2 spots left for Revenge of the Geek, a Savage Men in Black game. I ran it during the last con and it was a hit. I bet it will be even better the second time around ;)

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2013, 06:03
Hurry! There are only 2 spots left for Revenge of the Geek, a Savage Men in Black game. I ran it during the last con and it was a hit. I bet it will be even better the second time around ;)
I'd love to join - just checking the time on this. Game starts midnight your time, right?

Mask_of_winter
October 22nd, 2013, 12:55
Correct. Getting complicated with daylight saving hehe

Ephyzul
October 24th, 2013, 09:10
I would be interested in sitting in as a player or spectator in your SW games. The time is perfect for me. I have been looking around the past few weeks at a good RPG to get into. It has been quite a long time since I played and the last time I did it was a homebrew. I love Sci Fi/Modern-ish more than anything else and found that SW had a lot of content that I really found interesting. I bought the SW Deluxe Edition and started reading to get a feel for it. Would love it if you had a spot for a SW noob.

Mask_of_winter
October 24th, 2013, 11:24
I would be interested in sitting in as a player or spectator in your SW games. The time is perfect for me. I have been looking around the past few weeks at a good RPG to get into. It has been quite a long time since I played and the last time I did it was a homebrew. I love Sci Fi/Modern-ish more than anything else and found that SW had a lot of content that I really found interesting. I bought the SW Deluxe Edition and started reading to get a feel for it. Would love it if you had a spot for a SW noob.

There are still two spots available for Sunday november 3rd (might be Saturday if you live on the US west coast or Sunday morning in Europe, or even Sunday afternoon in Australia).
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=event&page=events-manager-bookings&event_id=79

Just book a seat and you're in! Otherwise there will be another game late november/early december. I approved you on the calendar so log in at least every week to see the announcements.

Looking forward to game with you!

Ephyzul
October 24th, 2013, 11:56
I must have misunderstood, I thought the post was for Saturday night, I still have weekends free so I will be able to make it. I noticed on the event list that it was from 4am-8am UTC 0, that means it will be held from 8am-12pm Est US time?

My Wordpress ID is Oneeyd btw.

I did buy the SW Deluxe Edition hard copy, any suggested material other than that to get started. I see SW has a lot of material that is directly made for FGII. Should I buy the ruleset or anything else? I do have my eye on the Necropolis 2035 setting.

Mask_of_winter
October 24th, 2013, 14:21
The time of the game is 12am-4am US eastern time sunday the 3rd so kinda like saturday night. Read on the con sote where you booked, they have a link to the time and date website. Since the con draws players from all over the world they have to use UTC time.

No need to buy any material from the FG store as a player. Only as a GM really. Unless you want to make characters. A general knowledge of the SW rules from the Deluxe is perfect. That's what I use for this game and then I homebrewed some edges and gear since there is no SW published material for Men in Black. You'll have access to everything you need when you log to me for the game.

Ephyzul
October 24th, 2013, 15:35
I will be there, appreciate the info and the entry.

Ephyzul
October 26th, 2013, 00:14
You going to be doing the Saturday night one shot after the virtual con?

Mask_of_winter
October 26th, 2013, 01:06
Yes I am! Already working on the next one ;)

Ephyzul
October 26th, 2013, 04:42
Looking forward to both the con session and the Sat night. I bought the SW ruleset and adventure cards as well as an adventure and the free supplements to get started in SW. I think once I get the hang of things I may get into Necropolis 2350; dark, sci fi, horror, mmmmm so many possibilities.

Ephyzul
October 26th, 2013, 05:07
Any chance I could get with you early before a game or some other convenient time and you can just give me a quick rundown of how we will begin and the basics of SW and FG. I have the full version and bought the ruleset so I could mess with the character management and have somewhat of a basic grasp but don't want to hold up anything from not having a basic knowledge of what we will need to do.

Didn't really mean the basics, I watched the tutorial videos and have a good understanding of navigation and where things go.

Mask_of_winter
October 28th, 2013, 13:05
I don't think it's necessary. You won't be holding anybody up but I might have time on Friday night. I'll let you know.

Mask_of_winter
November 16th, 2013, 10:13
Next game will be on november 30th at 11pm EDT. The game choice will depend on the number of signups. If four or less sign up, I'll run a Ghostbuster game. If 5 or more sign up, it will be a Deadlands Reloaded adventure. See you guys soon!

Mask_of_winter
December 6th, 2013, 02:21
https://extraordinarygamers.com/Calendar/ctl/Details/Mid/483/ItemID/150

To celebrate the release of the new Hobbit movie I decided to dig out my old MERP books, spin the LOTR and Hobbit cd's and transport you to the world Tolkien created for this short adventure that will take place in Rohan.

As always, I will use the Savage Worlds ruleset. I will provide pre-gens, we will use team speak and I will broadcast the LOTR and Hobbit soundtrack on my shoutcast server for those of you who do not have them in their music library. Game starts at 11pm Eastern time and will go on for about three hours.

Metzik
December 11th, 2013, 18:04
Hi!
You never do afternoon sessions? It would make it possible for us here in Europe to play :)

Mask_of_winter
December 12th, 2013, 00:28
Unfortunately I don't. I am a vampire. I sleep during the day and am up all night. Just keep an eye out on Doswelk, he's got Europe covered. In fact, I heard he's looking to conquer it soon :-)