PDA

View Full Version : Trouble importing custom tokens....

mghauber
September 28th, 2013, 20:52
Hello all. I am a noob and am learning FG. Am trying to import custom tokens to use, however, I can not locate the correct folder to import the images to. I have tried appdata folder locations and from reading other threads, it seems there should be a tokens folder, however I can not locate one. Any help would be appreciated...thank you.

Moon Wizard
September 29th, 2013, 00:57
You may need to create the tokens subfolder.

Tokens to be shared with all players (i.e. Always get displayed in their token bag) get placed in tokens/shared/ subfolder.

Tokens to only be shared when used on map or tracker are placed in tokens/host/ subfolder.

Regards,
JPG

mghauber
September 29th, 2013, 15:07
You may need to create the tokens subfolder.

Tokens to be shared with all players (i.e. Always get displayed in their token bag) get placed in tokens/shared/ subfolder.

Tokens to only be shared when used on map or tracker are placed in tokens/host/ subfolder.

Regards,
JPG

That worked perfectly...thank you very much! Appreciate all on the forum....

dulux-oz
September 30th, 2013, 05:00
Something else to consider - there are a number of really good Tutorial Videros both on the FG Website and also on YouTube. I know that type of issue is covered, and if you and your players are new to FG2 you might want to have a look at them.

And yes, this is another one of my famous "shameless plugs" for my own Tutorial Videos - see the link in my sig below :p

Cheers

AstaSyneri
October 1st, 2013, 07:56
Since this question crops up again and again - why doesn't FG automatically create these folders?

Griogre
October 1st, 2013, 21:01
Likely because there is no longer any content for them with the current method of putting tokens into modules. Typically installers only create folders if there is content. It would not be a bad suggestion to ask to have the installer create empty token, extension, and ruleset folders if they don't already exist.