PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate in Pulp Horror?

AstaSyneri
September 26th, 2013, 11:29
While I am busy as heck, I can't keep my mind from wandering - right now it gets inspired by the Savage Worlds WW2 / Pulp settings that seem to be en vogue right now (most currently Realms of Cthulhu / Achtung! Cthulhu, AFAICS).

Usually these are intended to have Allies PCs play against the evil of the Third Reich.

If you turn this around - wouldn't the horror be much worse, if you were playing Germans?

By that I don't mean the obvious perpetrators, but people who kind of get caught up in the events and oppose what is happening (to whatever extent), but are caught in this developing horror movie, possibly trying to change the outcome, risking everything they hold dear.

What kind of characters do think could work in such a scenario, staring maybe around 1930 and going from there (Hitler was elected and consequently inaugurated as Reichskanzler Jan. 30th, 1933)?

IMHO you'd need characters who are independent enough of the system to qualify as "adventurers". That would mean no active soldiers, but rather ... artists? The idle rich? Criminals? I am looking for archetypes here that could work as a group. Why and how would they form a group?