PDA

View Full Version : Caves of Chaos Master Map

Xorn
September 15th, 2013, 21:09
I recently finished my master map for Caves of Chaos which is gigantic (6900x4500). First I exported the map out to a PNG (from Dungeon Designer 3), then saved it again as a JPG (30% quality), which brought it down to 2.2 MB. I could export a 10% JPG that still looks pretty good and get it down to 700 KB, actually. Anyway thought I'd share the map with everyone.

Here is the module I just finished for my D&D Next playtest game, with all the story entries expanded. Every entry is pinned to the master map, and contains all encounters & item parcels. Was a lot of work and I'm looking forward to stomping my players through it. :P

dr_venture
September 15th, 2013, 23:32
That... is a lot of work! Nice job :D

JohnD
September 16th, 2013, 01:34
Nice work... is there by any chance an overland map which shows the contours and cave openings?

jperry13
September 16th, 2013, 01:51
Holy smokes!!! Caves of Chaos... my very first experience with D&D (Basic Set) back in 1982. Very impressive work.

Cheers,
JP

Xorn
September 16th, 2013, 02:53
Nice work... is there by any chance an overland map which shows the contours and cave openings?

Yeah, in DD3 I have a LAND and TREES layer, but I hid them for the dungeon render. I didn't do much work on that part of it since it's pretty simple though. I'll be doing that part of it in primarily TotM mode anyway. (Theater of the Mind)

phantomwhale
September 23rd, 2013, 06:30
I miss dungeon-bashing. This map is incredible ! Maybe time to roll out some Savage (Worlds) Caves of Chaos...

grimm182
September 28th, 2013, 20:46
Maybe time to roll out some Savage (Worlds) Caves of Chaos...
I have started this for Savage Worlds...just hasnt been on the top of my to do list!
If someone can get me the rest of the caves text. . .

Trenloe
September 29th, 2013, 01:17
If someone can get me the rest of the caves text. . .
Sign up for the D&D Next Playtest and download the final playtest package: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/DnDNext.aspx

In the ZIP file under "Adventures and Pre-Gens\Older Playtest Adventures and Bestiaries" there is the "Caves of Chaos" pdf.

Just keep in mind the online gaming entry from the FAQ: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/dndnextfaq

Can I run an online game via email, Skype, Google Hangout or a play-by-post forum?

Yes, you may run online games via Skype, Google Hangout or play-by-post forum provided you to do not post or upload any transcripts from your playtest, upload any playtest materials and make sure that all members of your group have signed up to playtest through the official playtest sign up process.

MadCar_1
January 9th, 2016, 00:35
Any chance you exported your campaign as a module that others can use?

Doswelk
January 9th, 2016, 11:33
That would be copyright infringement, so no he won't have done that.