PDA

View Full Version : [Game interest] Fate Core: Terran Federation (generic SciFi setting)

Valarian
September 15th, 2013, 10:28
Thinking of running a generic sci-fi setting with Fate Core as there seems to be little interest in the Babylon 5 setting. The setting is set in the days of Terran expansion in to the galaxy. Exploration, first contact situations, frontier outposts and technological core worlds. A few known alien species exist.

Will run on Friday or Saturday evenings (8pm to 11pm UK time). Will use the text chat in FG2 and the Dresden Files ruleset. Fate Core rules are available from the Evil Hat website on a pay-what-you-like basis.

International Time Check:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Fate+Core%3A+Terran+Federation&iso=20130914T20&p1=3592&ah=3

Bro.T
September 15th, 2013, 18:07
I have fond memories of the old Star Frontiers game and am looking for a Saturday evening game. Looks like this would happen at 3pm my time so it's perfect. I'd like to know more about the game. Things like; will the characters be part of a crew or is it a ground based affair? Are they civilians or military? All on one ship, like a freighter or exploration vessel, or will they be fighter pilots doing dog fights? Stuff like that.

Valarian
September 15th, 2013, 19:02
All of those things are open, depending on the characters the players decide on.

You could be the crew of a small scout ship, exploring unknown planets beyond the frontier.
You could be traders along the frontier and core worlds of the Federation.
You could be part of a larger crew on board a naval explorer vessel.

Bro.T
September 15th, 2013, 19:58
All of those things are open, depending on the characters the players decide on.

You could be the crew of a small scout ship, exploring unknown planets beyond the frontier.
You could be traders along the frontier and core worlds of the Federation.
You could be part of a larger crew on board a naval explorer vessel.

Cool. Curious to see how much interest there will be.

Valarian
September 15th, 2013, 20:57
Me too. Not sure if it's the rules system, the genre or the setting. Not much interest in Babylon 5 though.

skybluerob
September 15th, 2013, 22:48
The Babylon 5 setting put me off asking about your previous game, only because I don't know anything about Babylon 5. I voted for Friday as tend to go out Saturday nights.

Thanks.

Rob.

Valarian
September 16th, 2013, 11:33
So far have one player for a Friday session and one player for a Saturday. Any further interest?

TheShroud
September 17th, 2013, 05:05
I have never played this system but I might be interested in playing I need to look at my schedule I am US EST but Id prefer fridays

Skellan
September 17th, 2013, 23:38
Id be interested in this, though i dont know anything about the system or setting. Bab 5 was one of my favourife sci fi settings though. If I played, you would also have to put up with my typing :)
I could do saturdays or alternate fridays after 11th oct when my fangwood keep module ends.