PDA

View Full Version : Error or warning message when using an undefined font?

cscase
September 15th, 2013, 09:13
This is true in 2.9.4 as well, but I've noticed that if you attempt to use a font that hasn't been defined - say for example, you want to use 'sheettext' and you leave out a letter and say "sheetext" - FG will give neither an error nor a warning, but your text will be invisible. Seems like with the advent of 3.0, where it might be easy to get confused about what's defined in which layer (or more to the point, what's not defined in any layer) this sort of mistake might become more common, and I can see where it could be easy to miss. So, just a thought - maybe an error message or warning for this situation could be added? Or would that be more hassle than it's worth?

Moon Wizard
September 15th, 2013, 10:45
You mean the missing font isn't warning enough? ;)

I've actually thought about this a bit. However, the check to determine whether the font exists occurs during the draw cycle. A failed font lookup message would therefore occur every time the control is redrawn (which would easily be hundreds to thousands of times during testing). I'll have to think about this some more to see what's possible.

Regards,
JPG

cscase
October 1st, 2013, 05:08
Woot! Thanks JPG!