PDA

View Full Version : PFS #7: Among the Living - Friday Sept 13th 7pm MDT (GMT-6)

lachancery
September 10th, 2013, 04:39
A Friday the 13th horror special for this PFS Fridays!

Friday Sept 13th 7pm MDT (GMT-6) (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PFS+%237%3A+Among+the+Living&iso=20130913T19&p1=75&ah=5) (click link to check your local time)
Duration: 5 hours
Fantasy Grounds Licence: Ultimate (No license required)
Chat type: Voice (Teamspeak3): fgts.servegame.com:9152 (Pwd: Dungeoneers) *** Please had a headset with integral mic - you must be able to fully communicate via voice. Typing your actions is just too slow in the limited time we have to complete this scenario. ***
Tiers (level): 1-7 (subtier played based on party)

Famed Pathfinder Bodriggan Wuthers disappeared from his dig site beneath the House of the Immortal Son in Taldor's gilded capital of Oppara. Once a grand temple to Aroden, the Immortal Son is now Oppara's most opulent theater. Sent to locate Wuthers, the Pathfinders must attend an opera with members of the Oppara elite in order to gain access to the secretive theater's dig site. When a cult crashes the performance and the nobility change into hideous walking dead, the Pathfinders are forced to choose between finding Wuthers or saving themselves.

Note: this scenario will be run by Trenloe.

To join:

Post your PC's Fantasy Grounds XML, a copy of your last PFS chronicle sheet and your season 5 Inventory Tracking Sheet in this thread.

Do not hesitate to reply in this forum thread if you have questions. Looking forward to gaming with you!

Useful links if you are new to Fantasy Grounds:

Steps to create your PC's XML: First message in this thead (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16961)
Pathfinder FG library modules: Feats (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3513&d=1356479783), Traits (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3514&d=1356479797) and Equipment (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3512&d=1356479773).

Useful links if you are new to Pathfinder Society Organized Play:

PFS Resources page: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/playerResources
Character creation rules: Guide to PFS Organized Play (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4) (It's free!)
Pathfinder rules reference: https://paizo.com/prd/ and https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Malkavian_Andi
September 10th, 2013, 04:54
I suppose Skellan's game won't be 6 hours, so I'll have time for this afterwards.
Here's my character:

Rose Claymore
September 10th, 2013, 07:31
I'm in as well, though obviously not with the same character as skellan's game. I'm heading out the door now so I'll have to look over my characters when I get back.

Trenloe
September 11th, 2013, 19:53
Bump, bump! Only have 2 people signed up for this... Classic Friday 13th storyline - come along!

Traddles
September 11th, 2013, 21:02
Is this a public game?

KrisG
September 11th, 2013, 21:45
I would like to join. I am new to Fantasy Grounds online play, but am very familiar with PFS. I have a level 3 cleric who can join. I got him to 3 with GM credits so his tracker sheet is bare, but I will link it and his last Chron sheet anyway. If I have done anything incorrectly please let me know.

Thanks,
Kris G

Traddles
September 11th, 2013, 21:56
Same here... pretty much. I've been playing tabletops for about 14 years now... but, PFS Organized Play is a new thing for me. I'm currently DMing/playing in a new PFS Organized Play campaign with some friends... but, I'd love a chance to run a PC a bit more.

Unfortunately, I won't be available on the weekends until October... due to work.

Trenloe
September 11th, 2013, 22:20
Is this a public game?
Yes, it is. We run at least one regular session of PFS every Friday evening US Timezones. Everyone with valid PFS characters is welcome to join. There are other PFS games being ran by GMs are regular intervals too. Subscribe to the following thread to ensure you receive an email alert when a GM posts information regarding a game: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16931-***-Game-Announcement-thread-***-Subscribe-to-get-email-udpates

Make sure you enable email alerts in your profile. Click on "Profile" in the top right of this webpage, then "General Settings" from the left-hand toolbar and set "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Instantly, using email". Make sure the email associated with your profile is valid and then subscribe to the thread mentioned above - open the thread and then in the bar above the first post select "Thread Tools" and "Subscribe to this thread". Then whenever a GM advertises their games you should get an email.

Please don't post in the game announcement thread, unless you are advertising a game. A lot of people have subscribed to the thread just to hear about new games and we don't want to spam them! :-)

In the meantime, read these 2 threads and get prepared for playing your first game PFS game on Fantasy Grounds:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17510-Introduction-to-Pathfinder-Society-%28Players%29

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16961-How-to-export-PCs-ready-for-a-game

Trenloe
September 11th, 2013, 22:23
I would like to join. I am new to Fantasy Grounds online play, but am very familiar with PFS. I have a level 3 cleric who can join. I got him to 3 with GM credits so his tracker sheet is bare, but I will link it and his last Chron sheet anyway. If I have done anything incorrectly please let me know.

Thanks,
Kris G

Welcome! :-)

Make sure you've applied to the game calendar and entered your PC info there - step 1 in the "To Join" section in the first post.

Also, please read the first thread that I linked for Traddles in the post above - especially the entry regarding the voice client in post #2, this game will use voice exclusively.

KrisG
September 12th, 2013, 01:56
Sounds good. I am all hooked up!!! So stoked!

lachancery
September 12th, 2013, 03:02
I will be on standby, in case the table isn't full or needs a player. I would like bring my paladin (level 3 by Friday).

Arrownight
September 12th, 2013, 06:04
Ok I signed up, and I downloaded Fantasy Grounds demo, but I can't find a way to make the character so I can export to .xml. Then I downloaded PC Gen to make my character and I can't find the plugin source that has magus as a class. Even when I select it. Anyone have any suggestions? I hope this doesn't put me out of the game somehow. The few games I have played I've played on roll 20.

Trenloe
September 12th, 2013, 06:31
Ok I signed up, and I downloaded Fantasy Grounds demo, but I can't find a way to make the character so I can export to .xml.
You need a minimum of a lite license to be able to make characters within Fantasy Grounds.

More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16961-How-to-export-PCs-ready-for-a-game

Then I downloaded PC Gen to make my character and I can't find the plugin source that has magus as a class. Even when I select it. Anyone have any suggestions? I hope this doesn't put me out of the game somehow. The few games I have played I've played on roll 20.
Make sure you have PCGen 6.00.01 and when you start it select the "Pathfinder RPG (Includes all currently released supplements)" data source from the basic tab and press "load". This include Magus - I've just tested it and it allows you to select it.

If you can't get anything made through PCGen, send me a legible copy of your character ASAP so I can manually put it in Fantasy Grounds.

I also need to see a copy of your last chronicle sheet.

Thanks.

Trenloe
September 12th, 2013, 06:33
At this point I have 5 people signed up on the game calendar but only characters and last chronicle sheets for 2 PCs.

I need these ASAP from those you have not attached them in this thread - no XML and last chronicle in good time, no game.

Arrownight
September 12th, 2013, 09:28
Ok, to avoid the risk of "going back and forth ad nauseum" Ill try the PC gen thing, but here are my character sheets also in .JPG just in case. 5047 sorry if its sideways, getting tired, its 1:30 am
and the last chronicle sheet 5048 and inventory tracking sheet 5049

Trenloe
September 12th, 2013, 15:11
Ok, to avoid the risk of "going back and forth ad nauseum" Ill try the PC gen thing, but here are my character sheets also in .JPG just in case. 5047 sorry if its sideways, getting tired, its 1:30 am
and the last chronicle sheet 5048 and inventory tracking sheet 5049
Thanks fort these, this is most of what we need to enter the PC in Fantasy Grounds. Except for spells. Do you have a list of the spells he knows and has prepared for the day?

EDIT: Also, what Magus Arcana did you take at 3rd level?

Trenloe
September 12th, 2013, 17:27
I'm working with Arrownight to get his PC in Fantasy Grounds. That is 3 of the 5 who signed up.

I still need PC XML, last chronicle sheets and inventory tracking sheet/s from:

Dust Raven
Bob Pachniak

Get me these ASAP please!

Rose Claymore
September 12th, 2013, 19:40
Here's hoping I have the correct xml info as I'm going off the last time I played him in FG. Here is Metropolis, my tiefling magus.

Arrownight
September 13th, 2013, 03:06
Of course I know his spells. I play Pathfinder remember?
Lvl 0 spells Memorized - Spark, Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Arcane Mark.
Lvl 1 Spells Memorized - Color Spray, Grease, Shocking Grasp, and Vanish.

1st lvl Spells Known
Color Spray
Grease
Shocking Grasp
Obscuring Mist
Shield
Magic Missile
Truestrike
Chilltouch
Illusion of Calm
Unseen Servant

Lvl 3 Arcana - Wand Wielder

Rose Claymore
September 13th, 2013, 04:21
Heh, not quite Arrownight.

Metropolis is one of the bladebound and specializes in the use of the scimitar. Though color spray and grease are in his spellbook, he rarely prepares them (no one memorizes any more). He sticks with corrosive touch and shocking grasp for his primary damage, using his spell recall ability to reuse whichever his target isn't immune to, and falls back on shield and vanish for defense. He unfortunately doesn't receive an arcana at 3rd level due to his archetype, but he does receive an intelligent magic scimitar free of charge.

Metropolis is a tiefling with a relatively human face, but the obviously inhuman features of sharp, fanged teeth, gold almost luminous eyes, and a pair of large cat-like ears. Other obvious tiefling traits include a fuzzy prehensile tail and a pair of tiny, black feathered wings. He wears scholars robes, a nifty looking backpack, a scroll case and a number of pouches. The wicked looking scimitar at his hip appears to be as aware of you as you are of it.

Metropolis is the result of a long forgotten union between a priest of Abadar and a cat-like devil from the ranks of Asmodeus. He is currently rebelling against his family and lawful evil heritage by joining the Pathfinder Society where he'll be able to go wherever and do whatever he wants (when following orders) and perform as many good deeds as possible (just to spite his elders, that'll show 'em).

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 04:28
Of course I know his spells. I play Pathfinder remember?
Lvl 0 spells Memorized - Spark, Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Arcane Mark.
Lvl 1 Spells Memorized - Color Spray, Grease, Shocking Grasp, and Vanish.

1st lvl Spells Known
Color Spray
Grease
Shocking Grasp
Obscuring Mist
Shield
Magic Missile
Truestrike
Chilltouch
Illusion of Calm
Unseen Servant

Lvl 3 Arcana - Wand Wielder
Thanks for that - I'll add them to your character sheet I'm making if FG.

I wasn't questioning if you knew the spells, I was asking "Do you have a list of the spells he knows and has prepared for the day?" - "he" being your PC... With this info I can put the spells in your character sheet so that you have access to all the details of the spells and can use them within Fantasy Grounds.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow... :-)

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 04:41
Ok, to avoid the risk of "going back and forth ad nauseum" Ill try the PC gen thing...
If it helps you get started - here's your character in PCGen: 5054

Unzip, and open the .pcg file in PCGen 6.00.01 - it should load up the correct sources (the Pathfinder RPG source and the PFS guide source).

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 04:52
OK - it looks like this scenario will be running at subtier 3-4 (it's a season 0 scenario). This means that Dust Raven will be playing down out of subtier (playing down) and Malkavian_Andi will be out of subtier (playing up). No problem with this at all, I just want to make it clear what will be happening.

Other than a brief mention in the discussion section of the game calender I haven' hear anything from Bob Pachniak, so I am presuming he will not be playing, so we currently have 4 players. Again, not a problem... Or, hang on, it is Friday 13th... :o

Malkavian_Andi
September 13th, 2013, 09:34
Malkavian_Andi will be out of subtier (playing up).Seems like I'll have to hide behind one of the others ;) (My character is part rogue, so he'll do that anyway :P )

Beerholder
September 13th, 2013, 13:30
Hello! I can join in but I have a level 1 character. I think I will use a pregen and fill in whatever gap is needed.

Malkavian_Andi
September 13th, 2013, 14:23
Hello! I can join in but I have a level 1 character. I think I will use a pregen and fill in whatever gap is needed.Why do you want to play a pregen? You are allowed to play that level 1 character. It's a tier 1-7 scenario.
And if you play a level 4 pregen, you'll have to wait until your character is level 4 himself to apply the chronicle.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 17:48
Hello! I can join in but I have a level 1 character. I think I will use a pregen and fill in whatever gap is needed.
You can play a level 4 pregen if you want - but as Malkavian_Andi mentions you can also play with your level 1 character.

If you are going to use a pregen please let me know ASAP as we don't have many 4th level pregens coded in Fantasy Grounds at the moment.

If you're going to use your level 1 I need the PC XML and scan/photo of your last chronicle ASAP.

I am very busy today so will have very little time to get your PC into Fantasy Grounds before the game.

Blackfoot
September 13th, 2013, 18:11
I actually have all the level 4's done and ready.. but I haven't posted them up yet because I want to give them a last look over before I pull them together to post.
If you let me know which one you'd like to play I'm glad to get that one to Trenloe asap.

Traddles
September 13th, 2013, 19:12
Let me know if any slot opens up for this? Level 1 Bard I would like to run.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 19:25
Let me know if any slot opens up for this? Level 1 Bard I would like to run.
We currently have 4 people confirmed - waiting on Beerholder to let me know what he wants to play.

You're welcome to join if you can get me your PC in FG XML format and a scan/photo of your last chronicle ASAP.

Keep in mind this scenario will be played at subtier 3-4 - which your level 1 can play in, but it will be challenging for you... Or, perhaps not - we have a level 5 magus in the party...

Beerholder
September 13th, 2013, 19:48
I have a question: I have two chronicles - one from an earlier FG session and one from a recent live session - Since the live one ended very hastily (store was closing), the chronicle doesn't display the things I can have from the online one. What can I do?

If its too much trouble I can just upload the FG one and work it out later.

Traddles
September 13th, 2013, 19:52
Does this work?

No Chronicles. First run.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 19:56
I have a question: I have two chronicles - one from an earlier FG session and one from a recent live session - Since the live one ended very hastily (store was closing), the chronicle doesn't display the things I can have from the online one. What can I do?
I'm confused by the comment "the chronicle doesn't display the things I can have from the online one". The face-to-face game should have given you a paper copy of the chronicle for that scenario. The GM should have filled out the form with a minimum of the XP, PP, Gold (including a day job roll if you did one) and then filled out the "GM Only" session at the bottom of the sheet. Did the GM do this? This chronicle won't list what you "can have" from any previous chronicle - that is what the previous chronicles are for.

If you need to make purchases you put them on the most recent chronicle sheet you have - or let the GM know before the beginning of your next game (for FG games do this on the forum thread for your game before you play if you can) and they can make sure those purchases are recorded on the chronicle sheet you get for the scenario you are about to play.

I'd suggest you fill out the paper copy you have for the face-to-face game (total up XP, PP/Fame, Gold) and scan/photograph that chronicle then post it here. That is the chronicle I will work off for this scenario.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 20:00
Does this work?

No Chronicles. First run.
This is not Fantasy Grounds compatible output from HeroLabs. Use the File -> Save Custom Output -> Fantasy Grounds option. This will create a .hlfg file which can be loaded into Fantasy Grounds using the character converter - more info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16961-How-to-export-PCs-ready-for-a-game

But, if you don't have a minimum of a lite licence you won't be able to import the file into FG yourself. If this is the case, just send me the .hlfg file.

Traddles
September 13th, 2013, 20:04
Better?

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 20:10
Better?
Yes, thank you.

Do you not have any bardic performances?

Also, do you realise your speed has been reduced from 30 ft. to 20 ft. due to the weight of your equipment? This will also effect some skill checks. Or, are you planning on taking off your backpack in some situations?

Traddles
September 13th, 2013, 20:27
Oops. Forgot to hit save. But, I'm not sure why the BPs aren't showing up. They should be coming up under special abilities: Countersong, Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, and Distraction.

Beerholder
September 13th, 2013, 21:20
I'm confused by the comment...

My apologies, I have a loose grasp on how sheets are handled. I'll get up to speed on that.

I would like to buy a Comp Longbow (str+3)

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 21:34
My apologies, I have a loose grasp on how sheets are handled. I'll get up to speed on that.

I would like to buy a Comp Longbow (str+3)
No worries. I'll work with you after this scenario to get your sheets in order - as this sheet will need to be fully filled out. For face-to-face games this is usually what you will get and it is up to you to fill in the white boxes - bringing the information from your previous chronicle into this one.

Traddles
September 13th, 2013, 22:18
I would like to pre-order a litter for my mangled, lifeless body.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 22:32
I would like to pre-order a litter for my mangled, lifeless body.
Ordered and has been delivered. Who's going to carry it?

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 22:42

Thanks,
Kris G
I've only just noticed you don't have any spells on your character sheet. Do you have a list of your spells you have prepared? I will put these in FG for you. Plus, I take it you do standard positive energy channeling?

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 23:03
Server is up - FG alias in the game calendar entry: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1081

I've PM'd Beerholder and Traddles the info.

Important! Please make sure your TeamSpeak3 client is setup and you have a headset with built-in microphone - having external speakers and microphone doesn't work as it gives feedback, even if using push-to-talk. Thanks.

I'll be online 30 minutes before the game - if you have any questions/want to go through anything please come on Teamspeak then so we can go through things before game time.

Bob Pachniak
September 13th, 2013, 23:27
Jimmy John
Brand new never played

Traddles
September 13th, 2013, 23:34
If you get any last-minute cancellations, let me know. I have a friend or two who might be interested.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 23:37
Jimmy John
Brand new never played
Sorry Bob but I have given your spot to someone else and the game is now full.

I sent you 2 PMs (Private Messages) on this site and had no response to those messages or in this thread so I assumed you weren't going to make it. Getting in touch less than 3 hours before the game starts is just too late. I'm really sorry but you'll have to sit this one out. Hopefully you'll be better prepared for the next game you sign up to.

PM me if you'd like to discuss, or if you need assistance getting ready for the next game session you want to attend.

lachancery
September 14th, 2013, 00:14
Jimmy John
Brand new never played
Ooops! Sorry you're missing out on this game. There is a table being organized on Sunday afternoon. Have a look at this forum thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19558-PFS-Session-Sunday-15th-Sept-6-00pm-BST-Vote-for-your-scenario).

Two tables will also soon be announced for next Friday evening (same time as tonight) with pirate scenarios for the "talk like a pirate" week-end. I'll post the announcement on the PSOC as well.

Rose Claymore
September 14th, 2013, 00:15
Given we have mostly low level characters, I can open up my spot to any new player who'd like to join if it's not too late. Metropolis is level 5 and already a bit high for the group. I'd hate to think I'd be forcing the group to play up just because I'm skewing the APL.

Trenloe
September 14th, 2013, 00:20
Given we have mostly low level characters, I can open up my spot to any new player who'd like to join if it's not too late. Metropolis is level 5 and already a bit high for the group. I'd hate to think I'd be forcing the group to play up just because I'm skewing the APL.
Don't you have a lower level you could play? I'd hate to see you miss out at the last minute. Also, it is probably too late to get the proper FG XML etc off anyone else to come along and join - unless they play a pregen.

Rose Claymore
September 14th, 2013, 00:33
I have two level 4s, and an almost level 2 who I want to put a race boon (which I don't have yet) on before he's played again. Everything else is level 5+ I can always hop in with a pregen, but so can a new player.

Besides, I've GMed this before and while I'm sure I wouldn't spoil it for anyone, it's be more fun for a new player if there's one available. I won't really be losing out though, as I have a full game weekend over Sat and Sun planned.

Trenloe
September 14th, 2013, 00:41
Besides, I've GMed this before and while I'm sure I wouldn't spoil it for anyone, it's be more fun for a new player if there's one available. I won't really be losing out though, as I have a full game weekend over Sat and Sun planned.
That's very kind of you - I've PM'd Bob to see if he is still available...

Trenloe
September 14th, 2013, 02:05
Game is starting now - KrisG where are you?

Traddles
September 14th, 2013, 16:04
Good time last night, guys. Thanks again, Trenloe.

Trenloe
September 15th, 2013, 04:49
Draft chronicle sheets - please check that everything is in order and let me now if there are issues, and if you'd like to add any purchases.

Note: Do not open these directly in a web browser, you will not see all of the fields. Save the PDF and open it in a PDF reader app outside of the browser.

Traddles - you had a Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds listed in your notes section of your PC - was this to indicate you wanted to purchase it or just that you were carrying one of the potions you found? I have added it to your chronicle as a purchase - please let me know if this is correct or not.

Beerholder - you provided 2 chronicle sheets, one in post #31 and one in post #38. The one in post #38 (for the Disappeared scenario) does not have any previous XP, PP/Fame or Gold listed and not totals. You should really fill this sheet out yourself - adding in the previous total values from the last chronicle sheet and totalling up XP, PP/Fame and Gold. I have guessed that this chronicle was the next after the chronicle from post #31 (Glass River Rescue) and have filled out your chronicle assuming that. Please check through your previous chronicles, update them so they are complete and check that the chronicle I have posted above is correct. Thanks.

Traddles
September 15th, 2013, 04:53
Trenloe, that was not a purchase. I haven't made any purchases yet.

I think I was just haphazardly keeping track of things in a non-Organized Play sort of way for a second.

Trenloe
September 15th, 2013, 05:20
Trenloe, that was not a purchase. I haven't made any purchases yet.

I think I was just haphazardly keeping track of things in a non-Organized Play sort of way for a second.
No worries, I'll remove it from the chronicle sheet. Is the rest OK?

Malkavian_Andi
September 15th, 2013, 10:20
Everything ok with Galerius' chronicle. :)

Beerholder
September 15th, 2013, 15:01
Everything looks accurate. I will fix that sheet ASAP. Thanx!

Traddles
September 15th, 2013, 15:04
Other than that, looks great to me.

Trenloe
September 15th, 2013, 19:10
Final, signed chronicles for Galerius, Sassan and Tommy Traddles:

Welcome to Level 2 Sassan! :-)

Arrownight - please review the draft chronicle for Jay Daran in post #54 above and let me know if this is correct - I'll then provide you with the final signed version. The chronicle is not valid until it is signed. Thanks.

Thanks for the game everyone - it was fun to fight zombies on Friday 13th.:dead:

EDIT: Yves will be reporting the session on Paizo.com soon...

Arrownight
September 17th, 2013, 10:51
Yes I just looked it over. All seems good. Thanks! I

Trenloe
September 17th, 2013, 14:08
Yes I just looked it over. All seems good. Thanks! I
Cool - here's your completed chronicle.