PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker

PyroHiroshi
September 9th, 2013, 19:16
I've found loads of information to get me started but the one thing I've been struggling with is how to get NPCs to target specific PCs? Of course I'm still working through tutorials but it would be much appreciated if someone could enlighten me on this subject.

Ikael
September 9th, 2013, 19:36
NPC targeting PCs is not currently supported by SW ruleset. In fact the whole targeting system in FGII is meant that players can target other tokens, it's not meant that GM can target PCs. I never understood why, but luckily in new FG version there will be major fix where targeting is token-to-token based and thus will support it :) Stay tuned when FG v3.0 comes and ruleset is updated to support that feature.

PyroHiroshi
September 12th, 2013, 11:01
NPC targeting PCs is not currently supported by SW ruleset. In fact the whole targeting system in FGII is meant that players can target other tokens, it's not meant that GM can target PCs. I never understood why, but luckily in new FG version there will be major fix where targeting is token-to-token based and thus will support it :) Stay tuned when FG v3.0 comes and ruleset is updated to support that feature.

Thank you. Appreciate the quick reply. One last question. I'm having trouble filling the inventory of my NPCs. I figured that I'd be able to drag and drop from the items that I've created, but it's not working. The PCs are working perfectly but the NPC ones not.

Ikael
September 12th, 2013, 14:51
Thank you. Appreciate the quick reply. One last question. I'm having trouble filling the inventory of my NPCs. I figured that I'd be able to drag and drop from the items that I've created, but it's not working. The PCs are working perfectly but the NPC ones not.

NPCs doesn't support drag-and-droppable inventory. You will need to write NPCs inventory manually. There is one trick you could do however: Create your NPC as PC first and convert it into NPC. So basically when you want to create NPC, don't do it in NPC sheet, create new player character, fill all the information, drag-and-drop skills, weapons, edges, inventory etc. Then when you're ready DRAG-AND-DROP that created PC into NPC-list and it will convert it as NPC sheet. Try it out!

Doswelk
September 12th, 2013, 17:12
ooh nice tip!

PyroHiroshi
September 12th, 2013, 18:46
Okay that's fine but I've already created a ton of NPCs. And I quite literally can't modify their inventories. I can't type anything in. When I right-click I only get the options; Minimise, close and share.

I'm solving this by dragging them to PC an back to NPC now. But it's still a bug.. :)

Thanks. :)

PS. You didn't mean that I should modify the db.xml file when you said manually though right?

Trenloe
September 12th, 2013, 19:27
Okay that's fine but I've already created a ton of NPCs. And I quite literally can't modify their inventories. I can't type anything in. When I right-click I only get the options; Minimise, close and share.
Left click just below "Gear".

Dr0W
September 12th, 2013, 19:47
Is there a place where we can see what we could expect from FG 3.0?

Trenloe
September 12th, 2013, 19:52
Is there a place where we can see what we could expect from FG 3.0?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19231-Test-Release-v3-0-%28alpha%29

Dr0W
September 12th, 2013, 20:04
Thanks a lot

PyroHiroshi
September 13th, 2013, 15:00
Left click just below "Gear".

Can't believe I missed that. I was clicking all over the page and it wasn't working. Thank you. :)