PDA

View Full Version : Need Additional Players for White Haired Man 'Kith'takharos' setting campaigns.

CowFlare
September 2nd, 2013, 19:54
FG License: I have the Ultimate License
Game System: We are playing 3.5. I've been allowing some books, but disallowing others based on what the players have put forth they will use, and how I think it will balance.

Time Zone: West Coast Pacific Time
Day of week and time: We're a small group of friends, and for those who are playing (2-3), given that the campaign is mostly pre-made, we play as often as we can right now. I the GM typically get home at around 11:00pm, and we all stay up late nights, as late as 5am sometimes. A player who can play within this time frame for at *least* 2 hours, for at *least* once every 2-3 days (non-scheduled), we find acceptable and will wait to play with when he/she is available.
If new game, planned start date: The campaign is already started, players are ~3/4 the way to level three. Any character that joins can easily and reasonably be included into the campaign.
Planned Frequency: Stated Above ^^^
Term: We plan on playing through all the Kith'takharos campaign modules, at the very least until they are concluded (which seems around level 10). After that, I most likely will continue with my own created work, or possibly look for other pre-made campaigns.

Text or Voice: We use Text around 90% of the time in non-combat scenarios, and then for the time being, we talk while in combat to facilitate speed. I find it possible (but not likely right now) that combat might eventually be done all in text.
Voice software used: We use Mumble. It is a private server I own, and even while not playing this, we typically hang out on it at any given moment we're present at a computer.

Roleplay & Combat mix: I have no particular desire for any ratio of this, and will conform to the situations the players bring upon themselves. But this far, it's been around 60-70% RP, and the rest combat. It may change depending on the players and their decisions in game.
Number of Players in game & needed: I currently have 2 every-day consistent players, and another who can be around slightly more often than my minimum stated play time above (who may not always partake in each session). We need 1 to 2 players.
Character starting level & equipment: The characters are currently at I believe 2750 exp, just under level 3 (One has a +1 level adjustment, and so isn't). The parties current wealth isn't very large, and so starting gold will probably be around <1000gp for all expenses.
Character restrictions: Preferably the party needs a Rogue (trap-monkey) or a Healer, mostly a Rogue. I won't say in *complete* certainty that I'm banning all else - you can explain any ideas you have to me, and I'll consider them - but these roles are still none-the-less needed and I will weigh this in accordingly with want you want to play. As for the rest: No psionics, no evils characters, no ridiculous or too abstract races (One player is a Goliath from the Races of Stone, which I would have banned, if he wasn't a new player and I wanted him to play, so no race more abstract than that for certain) Same goes for classes.

Details of your scenario: The campaign takes place in the setting of Kith'takharos. The world this takes place in hasn't been decided, and has thus far just been overlooked to start playing. Your character will more than likely be some sort of adventurer traveling to Kith'takharos out of some sort of interest, and meets the party in some said fashion. The campaign will stay within the region of Kith'takharos as we go through all of the campaign modules for it.

In terms of what kind of players I expect, want, and don't want: I prefer players who are more easy-going about the game, and like to laugh and have a good time, no matter what happens. Meta-gamers and maximizers I don't mind (2 of the constant players are both pretty much just that), as long as they have a decent sense of character and ability to Roleplay (And adhere to any restrictions I employ, either ahead of time, or in response to certain things done on the spot). Players need not be experienced with Fantasy Grounds - or even D&D 3.5 for that matter - as long as they have a true interest to play, can learn, and are available to play moderately often (again, play times above ^^^). The last mentioned is by far the most important point out of this: Any player who is available on a daily basis for a few hours within the time frame is almost certainly guaranteed to be acceptable.

If all this has intrigued you, you may simply post here your interest. Like-wise - and I suppose slightly more preferably - you may use steam if you have it to contact me, which I'm on all the time when at my computer. My steam is 'CowFlare'. I prefer not to use email, as I only ever check it when I am expecting something, but here it is anyway: [email protected]. Anyone interested I will toss out the Mumble info, and we'll get to know each other a slight bit better and see where everyone's interests lay.

Thank you.

Gargomaxthalus
September 3rd, 2013, 04:47
Your asking for an awful lot here. It would probably be a good idea to actually give us an allowed/disallowed list up front so that you can avoid misunderstandings/disappointments and just simply save time. Does seem interesting but is a bit much of a commitment to just jump into with this rather vague information. I mean you said a lot, but the key details that could hook someone whose unfamiliar with the setting are missing.

Ksathra
September 4th, 2013, 22:34
I'd be interested in this. Though Not sure how the PST vs EST thing will work out. I think 11pm PST is 1 am EST? which works perfectly for me being overnight worker. So I'd be good to play Monday-Saturday I think Sundays too but maybe only till 3am PST.

Nickademus
September 5th, 2013, 00:08
2 am. PDT is 3 hours behind EDT.