PDA

View Full Version : Dragons Demand

Pages : [1] 2 3

hawkwind
September 2nd, 2013, 12:43
https://paizo.com/products/btpy8yvy?Pathfinder-Module-The-Dragons-Demand

I am thinking running the first of the mega modules on Fantasy Grounds, The chronicle sheets haven’t been released ye (any day apparently!) but it is being divided into three parts for society play with a 4th chronicle sheet available if you play and complete it as a “home” game. So is there any body who fancies a irregular ( 2 sessions a month may be on a Wednesday night UK time) using non-society characters but getting society credits for your regular PFS characters (4 levels worth if you do the whole thing). As it’s a home game, players are not restricted by society rules for their characters so it’s a chance to play an unusual race for a change! I might even consider third party material!

Malkavian_Andi
September 2nd, 2013, 15:01
I'd be interested, but most Wednesday nights will be bad for me, because I have another regular Pathfinder game then.

One other question: Do all the chronicles have to be applied to the same character in order to gain the 4th chronicle?

Skellan
September 2nd, 2013, 16:51
I am 100% up for this. I have never had you gm for me but I bet your games are lots of fun :)
Just let me know the details :)

hawkwind
September 2nd, 2013, 17:15
Actually I have run a couple of game's for you Skellan.
Markavain Andi I might be able to do a Thursday night instead

Nickademus
September 2nd, 2013, 17:22
Depends on the day/time. UK time is early in the day for me, so it really limits myself personally.

RobG
September 2nd, 2013, 17:30
I'm in, if it's at the same time you normally run games.

Trenloe
September 2nd, 2013, 17:39
More info on what is planned for PFS sanctioning of this module is available in this blog by developer John Compton (there are no spoilers): https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lf0m?Dragons-Demand-New-Sanctioned-Module

Skellan
September 2nd, 2013, 17:43
Oh yeah, we did that one on one when you started on fg and i think a scenario.

Malkavian_Andi
September 2nd, 2013, 18:24
Markavain Andi I might be able to do a Thursday night insteadThursdays are fine for me :)

hawkwind
September 2nd, 2013, 22:15
I would be running the game from 8pm London time, the same time I ran the game last week. I have one other potential player, can Rob g Skellan and Nickademus make Thursdays?

I had better start work on the conversion job

Skellan
September 2nd, 2013, 22:29
Sorry, I can't do Thursday, its my wfrp game that night. But if you get enough for thursday, go for it :)

hawkwind
September 2nd, 2013, 22:33
i'll go with the majority!

RobG
September 3rd, 2013, 05:50
Yeah I can make Thursdays.

Killian
September 3rd, 2013, 08:47
This sounds great! Be a chance to stretch our ideas with non PFS guidelines and get credit, I'd really be up for this :)

hawkwind
September 3rd, 2013, 10:45
My real life gaming mates Shane and Saul are up for it so i think we can have a mini campaign, just need to decide on the regular day. I want to to aim to do two sessions a month as that allows me to run the odd PFS game as well

Do people want use hero points or the disadvantages from Ultimate campaign (take one and get an extra feat). Build your characters on 25 points, any thing paizo is fine apart from that funny summoner build that is banned by PFS. I will consider Third party stuff on a case by case basis.

Killian
September 3rd, 2013, 10:51
Both Wednesdays and Thursdays work for me, i'm already used to playing on a Weds so it would be little change for me and Thurs I can easily accomadate

Seljuk
September 3rd, 2013, 11:36
I can make Thursdays - or am I the other potential player?

Anyone have any preference for classes/roles? I'm quite happy with anything which isn't a rogue or a bard.

RobG
September 3rd, 2013, 11:44
I'd kind of like to play an Elf Diviner Wizard myself. Though really I'm happy to play whatever if there is a gap.

Malkavian_Andi
September 3rd, 2013, 11:54
I'm not entirely sure what I'd want to play, maybe some kind of melee type. I'll take a look at what the races from Advanced Race Guide have to offer.
The adventure takes the characters from 1st to 6th level, right?

Seljuk
September 3rd, 2013, 11:55
I've recently played a few magic users so I'm happy to leave the Wizard to someone else. I'd go for some kind of Cleric or a fighter-type as I'd like to see how they work in Pathfinder. Or my Alchemist may reappear, unless Mike vetoes him!

ShaneConvey
September 3rd, 2013, 11:57
My hat is in for this one :). Will sort out a character. Probably a caster (sorc) or something like that

Can do weds or thurs, but prefer Thursdays.

Cheers

hawkwind
September 3rd, 2013, 12:08
Your brand new alchemist won't get vetoed Seljuk, the other potential Player is Shane though what with having a new born daughter i have my doubts. Thursday seems to be the popular day so the first game is a week thursday. Post your XML files here and Seljuk text me and i will arrange a herolab session for you via team viewer to build your bomb throwing, potion brewing Alchemist!

I small house rule which may or may not put people off, from my experience of running AP's in the past with groups that have varied in size through out the campaign I don't propose to award Xp's and will tell the party when to level based on the guidelines in the module

players may want to peruse these options for added role fun

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/drawbacks

hawkwind
September 3rd, 2013, 12:08
I'm not entirely sure what I'd want to play, maybe some kind of melee type. I'll take a look at what the races from Advanced Race Guide have to offer.
The adventure takes the characters from 1st to 6th level, right?

thats the plan!

Malkavian_Andi
September 3rd, 2013, 12:31
Do you have any objections against a Strix?

ShaneConvey
September 3rd, 2013, 12:33
Your brand new alchemist won't get vetoed Seljuk, the other potential Player is Shane though what with having a new born daughter i have my doubts. Thursday seems to be the popular day

I am OK for this game, all cleared with 'the one who must be obeyed' :) thursdays would be better.

hawkwind
September 3rd, 2013, 12:48
Do you have any objections against a Strix?
I had never even heard of one till you mentioned it.

The only problem I have is the Offense Racial Traits

Hatred: Strix receive a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures with the human subtype because of their special training against these hated foes.

Your character might have problems with siding with the human villagers against the Evil Dragon indeed your Strix may want to change sides!

you could how ever take a feat or a trait to justify your characters participation like

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/story-feats/dragon-touched-story

insert the word "Green"

Malkavian_Andi
September 3rd, 2013, 13:07
The only problem I have is the Offense Racial Traits

Hatred: Strix receive a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures with the human subtype because of their special training against these hated foes.

Your character might have problems with siding with the human villagers against the Evil Dragon indeed your Strix may want to change sides!
I don't like that racial trait, either. And I can't replace it with something useful. :(
What I was thinking about was playing an outcast (taking the "wing-clipped" racial trait), which would explain why a Strix wanders around on his own. Of course, that outcast would have had the traditional Strix training against humans, and that way he'd know how to hit a human. But it doesn't mean he outright hates them.
Yes, he distrusts them (and I thought about taking the "paranoid" drawback), but he distrusts everybody, even his own people, who ostracized him from the tribe. And being on his own, he is forced to ally himself with anyone he can find. And what better opportunity than to help them fight against a great danger to prove his worth...

Still, if you believe a Strix is too alien for the common folk to allow into their settlement, I'll choose something else.

Seljuk
September 3rd, 2013, 13:07
What with a sorcerer and a wizard, it looks like we need melee. Can I play a catfolk ranger?

hawkwind
September 3rd, 2013, 13:24
No problem with both then though I am starting to get a new appreciation of the PFS rules on Race

hawkwind
September 3rd, 2013, 13:31
A house suggestion rather than a rule.. when you choose one of your traits and drawbacks or even a feat, try and tie it in story wise to another member of the party

Malkavian_Andi
September 3rd, 2013, 13:38
Actually, I'm not quite sure if I'll play a Strix yet. Maybe a Strix will need too many feats to work well.
Anyway, regardless of race, I suppose I'll go for Barbarian.

Seljuk
September 3rd, 2013, 13:56
We seem to be a bit short of healing? Maybe I should do some kind of healer-fighter? Dwarven cleric would be the standard, but that's far too old-school for me. I'll look at the books tonight and see what I can come up with

hawkwind
September 3rd, 2013, 14:38
We seem to be a bit short of healing? Maybe I should do some kind of healer-fighter? Dwarven cleric would be the standard, but that's far too old-school for me. I'll look at the books tonight and see what I can come up with

Nout wrong with Old School but don't get me started on my experiences of Dwarven Clerics over the years

Killian
September 3rd, 2013, 15:19
At the moment I'm thinking Oracle so I'll have some healing covered. Still going through options. few quick question:

Is it still point buy for characters?

Do you object to a Ghoran? (Inner Sea Bestiary plant like humanoid)

Malkavian_Andi
September 3rd, 2013, 15:38
My current thoughts are Aasimar Barbarian. That one will be quite a straight-forward damage-dealer. I'll still have to add some personality quirks to make him more than a set of stats ^^
What's our starting money, btw?

hawkwind
September 3rd, 2013, 15:40
Max starting I suppose, you could all club together for CLW wand!

Seljuk
September 3rd, 2013, 18:38
As Killian is doing an oracle, I'll go back to my catfolk ranger.

Malkavian_Andi
September 3rd, 2013, 19:45
I'm finished, I have an aasimar barbarian. Here's his xml.

Killian
September 3rd, 2013, 23:24
Ok, here's my first attempt, Ghoran Oracle name of Camellia, slightly underspent on gear if you want to club together for a wand of CLW or some such. Appearance and History below (I do not own the image used)

Camellia stands at around 5ft tall and doesn't resemble any plant you've ever seen before. Two dark green "legs" streaked with brown end with the appearance of feet but instead of toes a mass of tendrils or wriggling roots slowly move of their own accord on his left leg. The other looks as if it was once the same but is now blackened much like a tree struck by lightning and barely moves. All along his upper torso and arms that otherwise looks humanoid except for the colour sprout buds and petals of a purple and blue hue, some of which open and close throughout the day. The face is similarly decorated but here the petals and buds are even more numerous, while threatened they close so the green face looks like it has boils or chickenpox in various colours but when relaxed they bloom to create a rippling visage of colour.

As a seed sold on the black market to an apprentice wizard Camellia knows nothing of the rest of his kind (lacking a gender Camilla chooses the identifier of "he" in common rather than "it") but was instead grown and raised in a laboratory not far, rumoured to have been a breakaway of the wizard of Greenfen. Prodded and exposed for much of his budding years he nonetheless grew and learned from his surroundings, but was kept isolated from the forest beyond that called like the ocean to a goldfish. Without knowledge he prayed, calling out to the trees in hopes of being understood until a fire broke out in the laboratory one night, In his glass jar terrarium he looked on in horror at the destruction and strained against his clear prison. Perhaps an alchemical reaction, or an intervention but the habitat was shattered by a bolt of energy, which refracted the bolt and sent it through the core of his being. Coughing and dragging the stump that was once his right leg he escaped and entered the forest. He found he could feel the energy of the natural world and it seemed to respond to his prayers now, even give him new powers such as enhance the restorative qualities of his buds and herbs to heal. Thankfully fluent in common he wandered a short space and encountered the adventurers merely a week ago, offering his skills in return for sanctity and a chance to explore the wider world in nature's scope...

hawkwind
September 4th, 2013, 06:16
Brilliant

RobG
September 4th, 2013, 13:06
Awesome character Killian :-)

Hey if we need some hook as to why such a bunch of freaks are hanging out together I was going to get the Elf racial Trait Dreamspeaker and my character will be in the Foresight (Divination) school.

So perhaps he had some premonitions of the future and visited the other characters in their dreams before the start of the adventure, well other than Ghoran since he probably doesn't sleep being a plant.

Malkavian_Andi
September 4th, 2013, 13:42
You definitely wouldn't have any problems convincing my character to go fight a dragon. He believes himself to be an avatar of war and a defender of those who don't have the ability to fight for themselves (and that maybe isn't too far from the truth. He's an aasimar after all).

lachancery
September 4th, 2013, 15:22
Awesome character Killian :-)

Hey if we need some hook as to why such a bunch of freaks are hanging out together I was going to get the Elf racial Trait Dreamspeaker and my character will be in the Foresight (Divination) school.

So perhaps he had some premonitions of the future and visited the other characters in their dreams before the start of the adventure, well other than Ghoran since he probably doesn't sleep being a plant.
Agreed, Killian's character is very cool, and so is your idea above. I'd love to see this party in play! I'll have to look me up a job in the UK. :)

lachancery
September 4th, 2013, 15:31
My current thoughts are Aasimar Barbarian. That one will be quite a straight-forward damage-dealer. I'll still have to add some personality quirks to make him more than a set of stats ^^

None of my business to butt in, but I've been liking your past characters, so I loaded this one up in FG. Did you mean to spend 18 points on stats? (Angelkins have +2 Cha)

hawkwind
September 4th, 2013, 16:43
just spoke to Shane he is playing a ewok ....sorry I mean a Wayang

Seljuk
September 4th, 2013, 19:24
Here's Alyara. She doesn't have much backstory: always desirous of seeing the wider world she left her tribe of tree-living cat people after a visitation from an elven wizard/to seek her fortune.

Malkavian_Andi
September 4th, 2013, 21:20
None of my business to butt in, but I've been liking your past characters, so I loaded this one up in FG. Did you mean to spend 18 points on stats? (Angelkins have +2 Cha)
No, his Strength is actually 20, but if I just put that in, FG will later calculate my damage wrong when I activate both Alter Self and Rage. As it turns out, when I use a two-handed weapon and have effects on me that increase STR, the x1.5 multiplier for damage is applied seperately on the extra modifier from effects.
So with a STR 20 (+5), I have a damage bonus on two-handed weapons of +7. When I activate Alter Self and Rage, I'm at 26 (+8), resulting in a damage bonus of +12. FG on the other hand would give me just +11 (I get a bonus to STR of +6, which raises my modifer by +3. +3 multiplied by 1.5 is +4, so it just adds +4 to my damage bonus). I solved this problem by adding 2 points of my Strength as an effect with no duration, which I will apply when the game starts.

(btw, I normally don't use Alter Self very often. I realized the value of this for a melee character when I saw it on your paladin in Rise of the Runelords ;) )

hawkwind
September 4th, 2013, 21:58
Here's Alyara. She doesn't have much backstory: always desirous of seeing the wider world she left her tribe of tree-living cat people after a visitation from an elven wizard/to seek her fortune.
you need to look at this post to read how to use herolab to male a xml file that we can use in Fantasy grounds

hawkwind
September 5th, 2013, 17:39
the party might want to consider a trap monkey....... Just a word of warning.

Nickademus are you up for playing next week? It would be great to have you

RobG
September 5th, 2013, 20:40
Still working on my character, but this is him currently:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19988974/PFS/Nephis/Nephis.htm

If I get the Vagabond child trait I get +8 in disable device (with tools), though it will use up ranks that might be better put into knowledge skills. Should be sufficient though if we can't find a rogue and no-one can do better.

hawkwind
September 5th, 2013, 21:26
Nice but why no masterwork scissor hands? Just spoke with Shane, when he is not playing with nappies be is working on a Fetchling summoner, room for one more player if any one is interested .
I started work on the prep late last night and was pleased the maps came in clean with out me having to gimp the traps and secret doors this could be because I'm using a different graphics package called Paint. NET. It's rather good, also for the first dungeon I only have to use the parser on one npc! Result for the lazy GM!

Nickademus
September 5th, 2013, 22:28
Nickademus are you up for playing next week? It would be great to have you

Given the length of this module, the fact that I'll be starting to run Chronic games soon and that I run a live game every other Thursday, I don't think it would be good for me to commit to this.

Irift Heat
September 5th, 2013, 23:20
How many players do you have? I'd like to play if you still have room.

ShaneConvey
September 5th, 2013, 23:28
I am going for a Wayang Ninja. I have made the summoner but I think, in all honesty, it may be beyond my ability to play.... I think I would prefer the more straight forward classes. i.e no magic, only Tricks :)

I will also cover the trap monkey aspect. I will post the XML over the weekend at some point.

hawkwind
September 6th, 2013, 07:51
How many players do you have? I'd like to play if you still have room.
I count five but note this is a game that is going to be played at Euro friendly times i.e 8pm to 10.30-11pm London UK which is 5 hours ahead of the east Coast, I'll put up a calendar entry when i get home from work and priority will be given to the five who already expressed an interest as they are people I am familiar with or insome cases have gamed with for years. Posting a good character concept will help to get the sixth place!

RobG
September 6th, 2013, 09:30
Nice but why no masterwork scissor hands?

:-D That'd be awesome, though I think he'll stick with his sword for now.

So If Shane is going trap monkey then I won't get Disable Device. Hope we don't come across too many magical traps since it seems only Rogues can disarm them for some reason.

hawkwind
September 6th, 2013, 09:53
that will teach him for going Ninja!

Irift Heat
September 6th, 2013, 15:40
Argus washed ashore a small coast town as a baby. Boris, the head priest of the towns church of Iomedae, took the baby in. Argus was named after the only word Borris could still make out on a small letter that was in the basket. The baby grew up in the church, and was an avid member. He would go out with missionaries to far off places to spread the word of their faith, often taking the role of guard. Argus had a knack for predicting trouble, and was uniquely equipped to handle it. Argus a lot of time trying to prefect a working firearm, always having an interest in exotic weaponry and locations. His interest in the exotic attributed to not knowing where he himself came from. After After he became an adult Argus begin to drift from his faith, feeling Iomedae's scriptures were too strict. Though he stayed with the church, still having a great deal of respect for his foster father.

After returning from a mission one day Argus found the church on fire. The villagers already trying to put it out. He rushed inside to try to pull out anyone still inside. After pulling out two of the priests Argus frantically asked the whereabouts of Boris, but no one had seen him. After the fire was out his body was found in the rubble. Some bandits had ransacked the church while the missionaries were away. Before he left Argus had argued with Boris that he should stay, that too many were already away and none would be left to protect the church. Boris insisted though, quoting scriptures. Argus blamed himself and his fault for his foster father's death.

After the funeral Argus took what little possessions he had, and struck out to find the culprits. Argus got a vague description of the men from his friends in the town. It didn't take long for him to catch up to them, but they had already split up. Givin the choice to repent of die, the man Argus did find told him everything he knew about the other three. Argus finds himself in his current circumstances on his way to find another of the men.

Though he worships Cayden Cailean now, Argus carries his foster father's holy symbol around his neck as well. He desperately wishes to know his origins, but for now is consumed with trying to find Boris' killers.

ShaneConvey
September 6th, 2013, 20:53
that will teach him for going Ninja!

I will go Rogue then as I want to fill that roll in the team. sticking with Wayang though, they are awesome :)

hawkwind
September 7th, 2013, 10:13
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1078

RobG
September 7th, 2013, 17:21
Attached is Nephis's file for the game, I tweaked him slightly.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19988974/PFS/Nephis/Nephis.htm

He has a fancy backstory but it's in my brain currently.

ShaneConvey
September 8th, 2013, 13:01
I know it's boring but I have decided to abandon the wayang and go straight for a human rogue (accept no substitutes) skill monkey.... Character made and will post tonight on here

hawkwind
September 9th, 2013, 08:42
looking forward to hearing the character background stories!

Malkavian_Andi
September 9th, 2013, 12:19
Here's mine:

Bul-Kathos was born to a tribe of nomadic worshippers of Gorum. Centuries ago, the people of the tribe had made it their duty to fight the battles others had to fight but couldn't fight. Bul-Kathos quickly developed a good ability to wield wepons and wear armor, and his physical prowess grew about as quickly. Given the additional fact that his body seemed almost perfectly proportioned and he seemed to be quite resistant to the weakening effects of aging, the tribe's shaman declared him to be a descendant of Gorum himself. Soon enough, this prophecy was given additional proof when Bul-Kathos discovered he was able to willingly take on the form of an avatar of Gorum for a limited time.
Being looked upon as some kind of holy figure, he began to like the position of an avatar of battle and began teaching younger tribe members the art of fighting. But as time passed, he discovered a lot of his fellow tribe members started counting on Bul-Kathos to be present when it was time to take up arms and fight. He openly accused them of having forgotten the ways of Gorum, but he didn't punish them and neither did he allow anyone else to do so. Instead, he told his people they had to relearn Gorum's way and not rely on other warriors fighting for them.
At this point, Bul-Kathos was forced to make a hard choice. The only way his people could relearn the way of fighting themselves was to be without Bul-Kathos. He told them he would have to abandon them so they would learn to fight again, but he prommised to return once Gorum would send him a sign that they are ready again. In the meantime, Bul-Kathos told them, he would do the tribe's work as well and fight the battles others can't fight.
Now, Bul-Kathos wanders the world alone, always looking for people who are forced to fight but are too weak to do so. Lately, he heard rumors of a town in possible danger of a dragon, so he began making his way there.

Irift Heat
September 10th, 2013, 01:33
So Hawkwind, are you going to have room for me or...?

Going to stat up a character if so.

hawkwind
September 10th, 2013, 11:43
ok your in the team

Irift Heat
September 10th, 2013, 15:42
Awesome, I guess all I really need to know is stat build and starting gold. I'm assuming it's 25 pt buy, is it max starting gold? 1000g? No clue what you're doing.

RobG
September 10th, 2013, 16:14
I took 'max starting gold' to mean the maximum that you could roll using the Starting Character Wealth table:

https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/equipment.html

That was only 120gp for my Wizard :-(

hawkwind
September 10th, 2013, 21:58
That's correct although there are several traits you can take to boost that amount. 25 point build

ShaneConvey
September 11th, 2013, 11:26
Jathas Lynxgaze - Human (Garund) Rogue Backstory;

Jathas is a notorious jack of all thief trades but master of none...yet... from the city of Sothis in Osirion on the continent of Garund. Well known for his talents locally he managed to get noticed and receive an invite to one of the most prestigious thieves’ guilds of the city ‘The Sand Shifters’. Naturally, the guild being held in a high regard, they can’t just let any old rogue in to their ranks without an initiation quest...
Jathas has been tasked to go across the inner sea from Garund to the last known location of an old wizard, the town of Belhaim. His task is to find the wizard Balthus Hunclay and retrieve an artefact lent to him by the guild, decades earlier. The artefact was never returned as agreed. As this is a long forgotten betrayal, the guild are willing to let ‘bygones be bygones’ If the artefact is secured undamaged and no resistance is met... if however this is not the case then Jathas is charged to take retribution and return with the wizards hand as proof of the job done.
Upon Jathas’ return, he will be initiated into the ranks, IF he returns......

hawkwind
September 11th, 2013, 12:03
Whats this artifact then?

ShaneConvey
September 11th, 2013, 12:39
Well, that is between Jathas and his quarry but as your the GM I will text you :)

hawkwind
September 11th, 2013, 18:00
still waiting on one character

hawkwind
September 12th, 2013, 07:29
Setting the scene

A man named Silas Gribb offered the characters them a jobs as caravan guards and that the party are to meet up with the caravan in the Town of Belhaim. Upon the caravan’s arrival in Belhaim, Gribb is arrested on a warrant for smuggling, and Belhaim’s sheriff and his most skilled deputies head out within the hour to escort him and his confiscated caravan south to Cassomir. The PCs can easily convince the authorities of their ignorance about Silas’ criminal activities, but are left stranded in Belhaim, as Silas is obviously unable to pay them for the caravan job.
Talia Orem, the young proprietor of the Wise Piper Inn, takes pity on the PCs and offers free room and board for a few days—long enough for the now aimless party to at least figure out what to do next.
As the adventure begins, start with the PCs in the Wise Piper’s common room as evening falls. Silas has been arrested earlier in the day. The PCs are seated at a long room tucking down to free stew….. a chance for introductions

hawkwind
September 12th, 2013, 09:34
Still waiting for Argus Gyre?

hawkwind
September 12th, 2013, 17:25
server going up smelly gate scrawny monk

hawkwind
September 13th, 2013, 07:54
I'd be interested, but most Wednesday nights will be bad for me, because I have another regular Pathfinder game then.

One other question: Do all the chronicles have to be applied to the same character in order to gain the 4th chronicle?
I have with PFS guide and i can find no rule that says they all have to be assigned to the same PFS character. No doubt Trenloe will correct me if i have missed something. I will award the the Chronicle sheets when (if?) players complete the various sanctioned parts of the adventure.Don't expect your first chronicle sheet for a couple of sessions yet and remember that we will barring a TPK get to level next mid session

Malkavian_Andi
September 13th, 2013, 09:23
I have with PFS guide and i can find no rule that says they all have to be assigned to the same PFS character.Yep, I know that. It's the same with Adventure Paths. What I was thinking is that maybe the 4th chronicle says it can only be awarded to a character who has all the other 3 chronicles, but I guess we'll have to see what the chronicles will actually say to know about their special rules.

hawkwind
September 13th, 2013, 10:29
I understand what you mean now, I'll ask

hawkwind
September 13th, 2013, 10:39
hopefully an answer will appear here https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q5q0?Dragons-demand-bonus-chronicle-sheet-question

Irift Heat
September 13th, 2013, 20:20
Sorry Hawk I got really busy, I've got my character written up I'm just not really sure how you want me to get it to you. Should I just build it on FG and let you look at it or...?

I haven't run very much FG stuff at all so I'm not really familiar with how people run things.

Malkavian_Andi
September 13th, 2013, 21:38
John Compton has answered the question about the chronicles:
https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q5q0?Dragons-demand-bonus-chronicle-sheet-question#4

This is important for everybody's decision-making: You only get the fourth chronicle if you apply the first three chronicles to the same character, and of course the bonus chronicle has to be applied to that character as well.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2013, 22:03
John Compton has answered the question about the chronicles:
https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q5q0?Dragons-demand-bonus-chronicle-sheet-question#4

This is important for everybody's decision-making: You only get the fourth chronicle if you apply the first three chronicles to the same character, and of course the bonus chronicle has to be applied to that character as well.
Good info.

This is going to make it a little bit difficult to juggle as you won't be able to apply these chronicles to 1 PFS character all at once. You need to apply them to a maximum of 3rd level PFS character (as the first chronicle is for level 1-3). So, the options are:

Apply them to a level 1 PC. Chronicle #1 takes you from 1st to 2nd, #4 takes you from 2nd to 3rd, #2 takes you from 3rd to 4th and you're waiting to apply #3 when you reach 5th level through normal PFG play.
Apply them to a level 2 PC. Chronicle #1 takes the PC from level 2 to 3, #2 from level 3 to 4, #4 to go from level 4 to 5, then apply #3 to go from level 5 to level 6.
Apply them all to a level 3 PC. Chronicle #1 takes the PC from level 3 to 4, #2 from level 4 to 5, #3 to go from level 5 to 6, then apply #4 to go from level 6 to level 7.

Wow! complex...

Hope this helps to explain the options based off applying all 4 chronicles and playing this module in Campaign mode.

Malkavian_Andi
September 13th, 2013, 22:18
John already posted a second clarification on a follow-up question I posted. This actually makes it quite easy.
When playing "campaign/home" mode, you get all the chronicles when everything is finished. At that point, you decide which character/characters you want to apply the chronicles to. If you choose to apply all chronicles to the same character, you also get to apply the 4th chronicle to that character. Those chronicles have to be applied immediately if possible and in any order that works best. If your character ends up with a chronicle he doesn't qualify for yet, he must hold that chronicle like he would a chronicle from playing a pregen or from GM credit.

So what Trenloe posted are the options we have (provided we're interested in that bonus chronicle, which I suppose everybody is).

hawkwind
September 14th, 2013, 09:51
Sorry Hawk I got really busy, I've got my character written up I'm just not really sure how you want me to get it to you. Should I just build it on FG and let you look at it or...?

I haven't run very much FG stuff at all so I'm not really familiar with how people run things.

if the other players are ok with you starting late and having three newbie players then I am as I depend on the more experienced FG players to show new players and me what to do.. As for getting your character ready for play you can just build him in FG or you can use hero lab or PC Gen to build you character then export him to fantasy grounds.

On the subject of chfonicle sheets I will be now awarding them at the end of the campaign, assuming they have been published by then!

RobG
September 14th, 2013, 10:51
Personally I'd like to stick with 5 players, since the game runs a lot smoother the fewer players present, and is more challenging. It can be hard to get a word in at times as it is.

Irift Heat
September 14th, 2013, 17:51
No worries Rob, I thought I was the 5th player. If you guys don't want it any bigger I totally understand, I don't generally want my tables bigger than 5 either. Just to note though, I'm only new to FG, I've been playing PnP RPGs for years.

RobG
September 14th, 2013, 18:08
There's the Cat-folk ranger missing on the calendar. If the others disagree that's not a problem, just making clear my preference for smaller groups, seems to be more enjoyable and everything works better.

hawkwind
September 15th, 2013, 07:03
I said that I might have issues with next session due to my Mrs having an operation on the goods old NHS. Well the mother in law is helping out so it looks like I can play but I might be half an hour late so 8.30 Thursday suit everyone?

RobG
September 15th, 2013, 08:22
Cool, yeah I can make it. Hope things go well with the op.

Malkavian_Andi
September 15th, 2013, 10:25
I can make it, but I have to finish before 1 am, because I'll play in Nightfiend's "The Nightmarch of Kalkamedes" game then.

hawkwind
September 16th, 2013, 17:34
Don't worry that's way past my bed time

RobG
September 19th, 2013, 09:34
Just checking that we are playing tonight starting at 8:30pm BST

hawkwind
September 19th, 2013, 12:29
Thats the plan, I'm not sure when I will get the server up though as i am going straight to hospital from work to see the trouble and strife and then home to put the kids to sleep, it could be just before i start the game, If its going to be later or earlier than this i will post to this forum and text those of you that i have a mobile number for

hawkwind
September 19th, 2013, 18:53
server up

ShaneConvey
September 19th, 2013, 19:05
Cool, see you on at 8.30

Killian
September 19th, 2013, 19:56
Just ready if we level up mid game here's my level 2 basics covered (dual classing it would have taken forever to type in FG2) minus equipment purchases and HP roll

Malkavian_Andi
September 20th, 2013, 12:55
I don't know if you've already noticed, but the chronicle sheets for Dragon's Demand have been released:
https://paizo.com/products/btpy8yvy?Pathfinder-Module-The-Dragons-Demand

Also, here's my level 2 xml:

hawkwind
September 20th, 2013, 14:05
I was beginning to think they would never be released! I will have a look now. Thanks for the game last night it was just what I needed .Same time next week?

Malkavian_Andi
September 20th, 2013, 14:52
I already took a quick look at the chronicles to better decide which character I want to get to level 3 (and then have that character wait for the chronicles). They seem quite nice, not too overpowered, but still quite useful boons.

I'm ok with playing next week. Now that the kobolds have officially declared war on the town (at least that's how Bul-Kathos would describe the situation), Bul-Kathos has a good reason to dive right into the action :)

hawkwind
September 20th, 2013, 17:31
I already took a quick look at the chronicles to better decide which character I want to get to level 3 (and then have that character wait for the chronicles). They seem quite nice, not too overpowered, but still quite useful boons.

I'm ok with playing next week. Now that the kobolds have officially declared war on the town (at least that's how Bul-Kathos would describe the situation), Bul-Kathos has a good reason to dive right into the action :)
I would strongly recommend that players don't look at the chronicle sheets until I award them as they contain a lot of spoilers

hawkwind
September 21st, 2013, 07:57
to save people looking the level ranges are 1 to 3, 3 to 5 and 5 to 7 so to take maximum advantage I plan to apply the chronicles to a third level character so he can go to seventh level for some high level play, although there is something to be said for supplying the chronicles to a new character and leveling more slowly so you avoid the chance of a broken character

Malkavian_Andi
September 21st, 2013, 12:20
That's true, with 4 levels all at once, you have to really know what you are going to do. Otherwise, retraining will get really expensive (as you have to pay lots of gold and possess a copy of Ultimate Campaign).
I plan to apply the chronicles to a character that would have otherwise to level through a lot of unfinished character build. Some characters just aren't that much fun when they are too unfinished ^^

Killian
September 24th, 2013, 08:37
Hi guys. Quick heads up its only a possibility but at the moment there's a chance I might not be able to make the Thursday game, as I'm moving house the next day and there's a chance they might turn off my internet that day. Hopefully it'll be ok but I'll let you know soon as possible if there's a problem

hawkwind
September 26th, 2013, 11:17
Hope it works out ok Killian

I should be ok for the usual 8pm London time start with the server up sometime before that

hawkwind
September 26th, 2013, 17:29
server going up

RobG
September 26th, 2013, 17:45
I'm stuck at work so I'll probably be late, hopefully not too late.

RobG
September 26th, 2013, 19:57
Managed to escape and the journey home was quick so actually on time :-D

Malkavian_Andi
September 27th, 2013, 19:36
Next week (October 3) and the week after that (October 10), I won't be able to make it. I'll have to work late those days, so I would be home much too late.

hawkwind
September 27th, 2013, 22:35
ok I'll run a two part PFS game instead

RobG
October 9th, 2013, 07:23
So the next session is on the 17th right? Just checking...

Malkavian_Andi
October 9th, 2013, 08:02
I won't be able to play on the 17th, so you'll have to play this session without me.

hawkwind
October 9th, 2013, 08:06
niether can Killian according to a recent post so its the week after may be

Malkavian_Andi
October 9th, 2013, 09:49
So it's the 24th. My schedule says I've got time then, so I will defend that time slot from any other activities as best as I can :P

hawkwind
October 9th, 2013, 10:07
I might be finnishing of a PFS adventure then that i have just rescheduled to next wednesday

hawkwind
October 17th, 2013, 17:27
Everyone up for a session next week may be thursday?

RobG
October 17th, 2013, 17:33
Yeah I can do Thursday, been missing this game.

Malkavian_Andi
October 18th, 2013, 13:15
yep, next week's thursday sounds great. It's 8 pm London time, right?

hawkwind
October 18th, 2013, 15:53
Sure is, London Calling! I have had a little break and ran some PFS games with a few new players which had been fun but it will be great to get back to the regular game

hawkwind
October 21st, 2013, 20:20
Killian has just PM'd me to say that he can't make this Thursday but can make Wednesday and may have a problem with future wednesdays. How do people feel about changing days, I'm able to do either myself and will go with the option that suits most people

ShaneConvey
October 21st, 2013, 20:25
I can do either really, sometimes i may be working on a wednesday night but at the moment i can do either. If we are not going ahead this week, any chance of a PFS session?

hawkwind
October 21st, 2013, 20:29
I really want to run a session of dragons demand and don't really have anything for PFS prepared that i haven't run once already

ShaneConvey
October 21st, 2013, 20:30
ok, well i can do weds or thurs this week

hawkwind
October 21st, 2013, 20:35
there plenty of pfs games going on the next few weekends what with FG-con and the official online con this weekend though most of the games on that will be on Roll20 :(

RobG
October 21st, 2013, 20:36
I can do either day, no worries.

Malkavian_Andi
October 21st, 2013, 20:40
I can't do wednesdays. I have other regular game sessions on wednesdays.

hawkwind
October 22nd, 2013, 06:30
ok we stick to Thursday's and if Killian has to drop out we recruit another player and in future of only four out of five players can make a session we still play

RobG
October 23rd, 2013, 07:24
Ok, hey isn't Killian's character the healer..

hawkwind
October 23rd, 2013, 07:38
yep some one can play him as a heal bot on thursday

Killian
October 23rd, 2013, 11:45
Yeah sorry about the change guys it may only be for this week but will keep you all posted

hawkwind
October 24th, 2013, 13:15
I would hate to see you drop out of the game Killian, it doesn't feel like a proper FG session with out you there. If you do have to drop you have played enough for the first chronicle sheet

see or rather hear the rest of you tonight

hawkwind
October 24th, 2013, 17:57
server going up

Killian
October 24th, 2013, 18:19
I can make it! Thursday sessions at the new club are 6-8, and won't be going to those for a few months anyway as I have to go to the beginners one on Fridays. So I'm available :)

hawkwind
October 24th, 2013, 19:34
great see you soon

RobG
October 24th, 2013, 19:52
The alias is 'smelly gate scrawny monk' right?

hawkwind
October 24th, 2013, 19:55
I seem to be having server problems

Malkavian_Andi
October 24th, 2013, 19:55
I just wanted to ask the same. Seems like I can't connect to that server alias.

hawkwind
October 24th, 2013, 19:56
rebooting

hawkwind
October 26th, 2013, 11:20
same time next week, after you have finished your spot of regime change for the kolbold tribe next week you will be leveling to level three

hawkwind
October 29th, 2013, 12:58
Sorry about the short notice, I can't make this Thursday as I am apparently riding shot gun to load of young witches, zombies and pirates who plan to extort sweets from the local neighbourhood, after doing this I plan to have stiff drink or two…

Malkavian_Andi
October 29th, 2013, 14:11
Understandable. Have a nice evening on thursday :)

RobG
October 30th, 2013, 06:22
Ok, see you all next week.

Killian
October 31st, 2013, 20:40
Have a great time mate see you all soon

hawkwind
November 3rd, 2013, 21:29
I thanks guys I had a great time ( better than I expected) . looking forward to Thursday

hawkwind
November 6th, 2013, 09:13
saul cna't make it tommorrow but if every one else can we can go ahead and play as their is still some Kolbold asses to be kicked

RobG
November 6th, 2013, 10:04
I can make it and am keen to eradicate more Kobold vermin.

ShaneConvey
November 6th, 2013, 11:10
Sorry guys, not able to make this week. My mrs is going out for the first time in months due to the new arrival and I don't think i would survive the "sorry honey, but I playing Pathfinder that night"....

Malkavian_Andi
November 6th, 2013, 11:30
I can make it tomorrow.

A little heads up for next week, though. My mother will be celebrating her birthday, so I won't be able to make it next week.

hawkwind
November 6th, 2013, 11:41
Sorry guys, not able to make this week. My mrs is going out for the first time in months due to the new arrival and I don't think i would survive the "sorry honey, but I playing Pathfinder that night"....
does she need to know? i regularly play pathfinder with the little ones sleeping upstairs

we can start half an hour later if it helps getting the kids off to sleep

hawkwind
November 6th, 2013, 17:38
oh well looks like no game again tomorrow, I'll see if I can do a quick pfs game for the players who can make it.watch this spot for updates

hawkwind
November 6th, 2013, 18:05
just had a look of what adventures I own that i haven't run and I could see two likely candidates, My Enemy's Enemy tier 3-7 or The Fabric of Reality which is a tier 5-9. I have made a start on My enemy's enemy and the module creation worked first time, I will prep it to night, if don't play its always good to have one PFS adventure in the bag to play at a drop of a hat, What do you think? If I nned to run it over two sessions I will try and avoid next Thursday so MA can play

ShaneConvey
November 7th, 2013, 15:23
Sorry mate, will be to disruptive to be hooked up online and have the baby waking up every hour... Still only 9 weeks old

hawkwind
November 7th, 2013, 15:52
9 weeks? I thought she was older, never mind, I am attempting to do a PFS game tonight instead

hawkwind
November 16th, 2013, 12:14
Every one ok for this Thursday /?

RobG
November 16th, 2013, 12:38
Yeah.

Malkavian_Andi
November 16th, 2013, 13:31
yep, looking forward to it :)

hawkwind
November 21st, 2013, 07:49
Game on tonight if 4 or more of you turn up

RobG
November 21st, 2013, 07:59
Grand, I'll be there.

hawkwind
November 21st, 2013, 17:40
server going up

hawkwind
November 22nd, 2013, 06:04
Well thanks for turning up same time next week and don't forget to level, I'm going to post on the guild house for an extra player as discussed

RobG
November 22nd, 2013, 09:37
Just a heads up... I'll be on holiday in Australia from December 27th - January 20th so won't be able to play for a few weeks around then if this is still going.

hawkwind
November 22nd, 2013, 10:14
I am determined to run this adventure to the end! I want all four of those Chronicle sheets!

Malkavian_Andi
November 22nd, 2013, 10:29
I am determined to run this adventure to the end! I want all four of those Chronicle sheets! You're not the only one who wants all four chronicles ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing how big the difference between barbarian and bloodrager will turn out to be. I don't think it will be much at low levels, but we'll see about that.

Will the server be up next week as early as it was yesterday? For the leveling, I'll just edit my current character file. I know what I'll do with the character anyway, so it's just a little typing ^^ (and copy/paste from the Advanced Class pdf for the class abilities)

hawkwind
November 22nd, 2013, 13:31
I'll try to get it up at the same time or p.m. me and I will arrange a evening to out the game server up so you can work on your character. I am planning to do some work on the campaign on Monday evening

Malkavian_Andi
November 22nd, 2013, 15:10
On most days, I don't have much time, so I'll just level up before the game next week.

Gertak
November 23rd, 2013, 03:06
Hi Hawk, I might be interested in joining your campaign, couple of quick questions.

How long do your sessions normally run? Is one of your main characters leaving?

hawkwind
November 23rd, 2013, 16:58
I don't tend to run more than the hours , we quite often only play for two and a half hours. no one it's leaving yet but a couple of period attendance is a bit erratic so I'm looking for another regular player

Killian
November 23rd, 2013, 17:32
I should be fine for Thursday :)

hawkwind
November 28th, 2013, 08:15
I will be putting the server up at as soon as i get home this evening

RobG
November 28th, 2013, 09:41
Cool, I've leveled up Nephis but will just update him in FG at the start.

Hope we can buy some stuff since I need a Composite Longbow and scroll of Gravity Bow (can't believe I missed that spell)

hawkwind
November 28th, 2013, 16:39
server up so start levelling

Killian
November 28th, 2013, 19:05
we level 3 now?

Lord Kavos
November 29th, 2013, 22:35
Have you filled the spot in this game hawkwind?

hawkwind
November 30th, 2013, 13:09
There is a space for a reliable and relatively experienced player subject to veto from the rest of the players.

hawkwind
December 3rd, 2013, 10:28
Another session of house clearing and "whats in the cellar?" this thursday, I will have the server up at the usual time but the mrs is out so I am putting the kids to bed by my self so i might be running a few mins late

RobG
December 3rd, 2013, 11:26
cool

hawkwind
December 5th, 2013, 17:36
Server up, I may be a little late starting due to me doing kiddies need time solo

Killian
December 5th, 2013, 18:45
Hey guys. Sending this from my phone. On way to A&E with a MA student who's taken a blow to the head. Nothing serious but we're getting it checked out. Knowing the waiting times pretty sure I'll miss the game, i'm really sorry everyone

Gruber
December 6th, 2013, 17:40
I've already posted to main forum thread but here again i would like to join a game if possible?

hawkwind
December 8th, 2013, 06:50
Sorry about taking so long to get back to you in read planning for and then participating in a gaming von the last few days. Tells all a bit more about your self and I will put it to the rest of the players to decide on whether to accept you into the campaign. I trust UK time zone isn't a problem

Gruber
December 8th, 2013, 17:01
Hello again,

i am from Belgrade, Serbia, 28 years old. I used to play PnP D&D for a couple of years and am interested in playing again on regular basis (a couple of hours per week). I also used to assist GMs with story, roles, dicing so experience with rules and mechanics would not be a problem (never played 4e) . I am more interested in story driven campaigns and really role playing my character (to think what my char would do i in a given situation) rather than playing just for power play and winning xp, gold or quests. I prefer playing as as druid, rogue, monk. Anything else?

hawkwind
December 9th, 2013, 08:11
Well I happy to give you a try if none of the other players don't have an objection, The campaign is comimg to natural break point and there is an idea opportunity for a new character to join in at that point. What I suggest is that the current party plays up to that point, I then run a pfs scenario "the Confirmation" for Gruber and who ever wants to play it in the rest of the party ( good chance to try out a new class) to see if we all get on play style wise and the restart the main campaign in the new year when Rob G gets back to the UK/ In the mean time Grober i suggest you try and find a society game to try out to start learning how to use Fantasy grounds assuming you don't know already!

Gruber
December 9th, 2013, 11:25
Well I happy to give you a try if none of the other players don't have an objection, The campaign is comimg to natural break point and there is an idea opportunity for a new character to join in at that point. What I suggest is that the current party plays up to that point, I then run a pfs scenario "the Confirmation" for Gruber and who ever wants to play it in the rest of the party ( good chance to try out a new class) to see if we all get on play style wise and the restart the main campaign in the new year when Rob G gets back to the UK/ In the mean time Grober i suggest you try and find a society game to try out to start learning how to use Fantasy grounds assuming you don't know already!

Ok thanks! I'd like to know a bit more about the campaign if possible, as well as your so-far progress. Or maybe in terms of role-playing not to know anything about the party history so far. Also, I'd like to learn using FG in order to be able to keep up with the group and play quickly, but it's really complicated to begin, could you please advise on how to find a society game on FG platform?
Also, how do i create a character for this campaign, do i do it online within your campaign or can i import one i already create?
Thanks!

Malkavian_Andi
December 9th, 2013, 22:17
never played 4eMe neiter. But from what I heard about 4e, you didn't miss much ;)

I then run a pfs scenario "the Confirmation" for Gruber and who ever wants to play it in the rest of the partyAre you going to run that at the regular time slot for Dragon's Demand? If so, I'm in. I definitely want to take a look at it from the player's point of view before I begin running it myself.

And of course I don't have any objections to Gruber joining. It's always good to have new players join the community :)

hawkwind
December 10th, 2013, 08:06
Ok thanks! I'd like to know a bit more about the campaign if possible, as well as your so-far progress. Or maybe in terms of role-playing not to know anything about the party history so far. Also, I'd like to learn using FG in order to be able to keep up with the group and play quickly, but it's really complicated to begin, could you please advise on how to find a society game on FG platform?
Also, how do i create a character for this campaign, do i do it online within your campaign or can i import one i already create?
Thanks!
well you find games advertised in this forum and a couple of the stickies have details of games recruiting players

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16931-***-Game-Announcement-thread-***-Subscribe-to-get-email-udpates

and this thread gives some general advice https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17510-Introduction-to-Pathfinder-Society-(Players)

this youtube clips are well worth watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiuqNB452Oo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7eySFvPL0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GSY1I0KLb0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sXnQpA2j6Y

The Confirmation PFS adventure will be run in the usual time spot though the actual date will be determined by when you finish the final part of the current bit of the adventure, see you all this Thursday

Gruber
December 10th, 2013, 09:20
well you find games advertised in this forum and a couple of the stickies have details of games recruiting players

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16931-***-Game-Announcement-thread-***-Subscribe-to-get-email-udpates

OK, I've read and watched the tutorials and the mechanics would not be a problem.
I shall take my time to get to know Pathfinder as much as possible, but first I have two questions:

1 do i need a lite license to play this campaign?
2 do you use voicechat for this campaign?

(If you use voice chat I dont know if ill be able to play as this would interfere with my family members routines.)

Gruber
December 10th, 2013, 09:24
OK, I've read the general information and guides, and will make sure to do it again to prepare for game.

Now I have two questions:

1 do i need to buy license in order to participate in this campaign?
2 do you use voice chat in this game?

(voice chat would be a problem for me)

thanks

RobG
December 10th, 2013, 09:59
Hi Gruber

Hawkwind has an ultimate license so you don't need to buy anything.

Yes we use voice chat, as do the Pathfinder Society games.

You would at least need to hear the GM else you won't know what's happening. I've had players who prefer to type since they can't talk for one reason or another, but they kind of end up not really being part of the game, people miss what they are saying and they can't really participate in long discussions.

RobG
December 10th, 2013, 10:50
Can everyone make it Thursday? I'd be happy to take a break this week if anyone can't make it.

Hope your game at Dragonmeet went well btw Hawkwind.

Malkavian_Andi
December 10th, 2013, 11:36
I'll be there this thursday. Looking forward to it.

Gruber
December 10th, 2013, 12:14
Hi Gruber

Hawkwind has an ultimate license so you don't need to buy anything.

Yes we use voice chat, as do the Pathfinder Society games.

You would at least need to hear the GM else you won't know what's happening. I've had players who prefer to type since they can't talk for one reason or another, but they kind of end up not really being part of the game, people miss what they are saying and they can't really participate in long discussions.

Ok i shall see what can be done. I surely can hear all of you but my voice would be a prob. I could try playing with you for a session or two and then if everything works well and we are all satisfied i shall find a way to use voicechat too.

tahl_liadon
December 10th, 2013, 16:39
is this filled? what is the schedule/line up? is there a listing on the calendar?

thx.

hawkwind
December 11th, 2013, 07:55
i don't actually have an ultimate licence just a full one i'm afraid, I refer you to my signature at the bottom of the post

hawkwind
December 11th, 2013, 07:58
oh yes thursday is still on, lets try and put as many sessions till Rob takes his little trip home, we are almost half way through!

Trenloe
December 11th, 2013, 15:30
i don't actually have an ultimate licence just a full one i'm afraid, I refer you to my signature at the bottom of the post
If any player doesn't have an FG license the lite license is still on sale in the store - go get one quick before it is no longer on sale!

hawkwind
December 12th, 2013, 11:03
now if the ultimate license was discounted by a similar amount.....

hawkwind
December 12th, 2013, 17:31
server up Guys

hawkwind
December 15th, 2013, 07:34
Right guys you are now two chronicle sheets into the campaign with about half the content to go.. Due to Crimbo and Robg "s extended holiday we will have a real time and game time break of other a month. I plan to prep and announce the PFS module the Confirmation today and you guys will get first dibs on places round the virtual table. If characters in the Dragons demand want to do any thing in town during the month and a bit too the auction like retrain, buy or make magic items state so in the forum. Remember the towns gp limit is a 1000gp.This will be your last chance to restock up with supplies

hawkwind
December 16th, 2013, 11:20
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1132 for this Thursday, you guys get priority

Lord Kavos
December 19th, 2013, 23:27
Alright Hawkwind im in - let me know the character creation details so I can start building my new rolplaying masterpiece...

hawkwind
December 21st, 2013, 08:42
Post 15 has the build instructions as for doing a background for character for role play purposes, you will be attending a auction of the estate of a recently deceased wizard in a small country town in Taldor

Lord Kavos
December 23rd, 2013, 23:46
So 25pt build, 4th lvl u said - are you using hero pts or backgrounds?

Also, what PC class best fits the party? When we spoke at the end of the game u mentioned the party has the uber barbarian, a wiz, archer & can't remember what else. But I believe there was no cleric...correct?

Might stick with my dominatrix cleric & level her up for this game...she was fun to role play :)

Malkavian_Andi
December 24th, 2013, 00:06
Bul-Kathos is not more powerful than other barbarians. Also, he's a bloodrager now (not that this makes him any different from a barbarian at the low levels).

We have an Aasimar Bloodrager (my character), an Elf Wizard, a Ghoran Oracle/Druid, a Human Rogue, and a Catfolf Ranger. Did I forget anything?
The rogue uses daggers as far as I remember, and the ranger uses claws. The only clerical character at the moment is the oracle.

hawkwind
December 24th, 2013, 07:04
No hero points but choose two traits

Lord Kavos
December 24th, 2013, 08:33
what about equipment? 4th lvl wealth table?

hawkwind
December 24th, 2013, 17:41
Yes though that will make your character better equipped than most of the current party

Lord Kavos
December 26th, 2013, 10:04
Ok i have a 2nd character concept....Gardoc Sawtooth - a half-orc Fighter / Paladin with the dazzling display feat & +17 Intimidate...comes from a simple farming village where he was ostrisized at an early age, an although he is gentle at heart, he soon learned to respond to threats and bullying with threats of his own (instead of responding voilently). Not very smart, his good nature and innate nievity should make for some interesting roleplaying opportunities...'

Im easy as regards to which PC i play - would the party prefer a sardonistic healer with next to no combat abilities (apart from enchantment spells), or a simple minded half-orc who hits hard but is generally easy going and gentle?

RobG
December 26th, 2013, 10:46
Both sound good to me. Killian's Oracle manages to keep us all healthy so we're not really in dire need of a healer but it's always nice having a backup.

Malkavian_Andi
December 26th, 2013, 10:54
From a player's point of view, both characters sound nice. My character would definitely prefer the fighter, though. (He's not much of a charming/talking guy, either. And he likes people who know their way on the battlefield.)

Malkavian_Andi
December 26th, 2013, 18:29
Oh, and when will the next session be? I know there's a litlle break for the holidays, but I don't remember how long.

hawkwind
December 27th, 2013, 06:16
When Robg gets back from down under so early February, I will run some season five stuff in January though what with the recent chronicle sheet debacle my enthusiasm is low

RobG
December 27th, 2013, 10:01
I actually get back on Saturday the 18th, so will be around the last two weeks of January.

hawkwind
December 28th, 2013, 15:34
Great well have a good tume Rob and Mrs Rob as well!

Just got hold of utimate psionics should any one fancy playing a psionic character

RobG
January 20th, 2014, 08:07
Hi! I'm back, are we playing this week?

hawkwind
January 20th, 2014, 08:51
No I'm running some savage world's game for the next few weeks, I'll set a date in very early February however if people want to say what their characters are doing in town during the month long wait for the wizards auction we can play that out on the boards. Also there is space in my savage world's Hellfrost game this Wednesday if any one is interested in something different

Nickademus
January 20th, 2014, 09:03
Wednesday? Last I heard this game was running on Thursdays. Did you guys switch it?

hawkwind
January 20th, 2014, 10:08
No we haven't, the Savage world's game is on a Wednesday

hawkwind
January 29th, 2014, 08:05
20th of Feb any one? Shanee will be back from India by then

RobG
January 29th, 2014, 08:45
Yeah that's good with me.

Malkavian_Andi
January 29th, 2014, 13:01
I'm fine with that :)

hawkwind
February 14th, 2014, 08:38
As there is a month or more of game "downtime" where your characters are hanging arounfd in town, you may all wish to consider this
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/downtime
I will post some more info about the town later today

hawkwind
February 14th, 2014, 08:40
also people need to level

RobG
February 15th, 2014, 12:12
What level should we be now 4?

hawkwind
February 17th, 2014, 17:26
Yes level 4

My wife has just reminded of what I am doing this Thursday night and it doesn't involve pathfinder games so I'm afraid the game restarts on the 27th sorry guys

Malkavian_Andi
February 17th, 2014, 22:04
Alright. See you next week then :)

Lord Kavos
February 18th, 2014, 15:21
so the next session is 20th feb...what time (GMT)?

In liking the idea of playing my dominatrix (cleric), but if the party prefers a melee build i'll go with my half-orc paladin of Erastil.

Malkavian_Andi
February 18th, 2014, 21:40
As noted above, Hawkwind had to reschedule to 27th feb, so one week later than originally planned. Time will be 8 pm GMT.

hawkwind
February 19th, 2014, 19:41
yes that's right

here are some background details on Belhaim

This will be the last chance to re supply for quite some some time

ShaneConvey
February 21st, 2014, 17:52
hey all, I have returned from my holiday in India and am suffering Pathfinder withdraw symptoms.....

Mike: I have sent you my Level 4 Jathas file.

Regarding the downtime, I will text you on what I am planning.

Cheers

Shane

Lord Kavos
February 24th, 2014, 00:39
Hi all,

Here is my PC xml for Dragons Demand - Kayliss Darkheart, Cleric 4 of Calistria.

Items / wealth = 6000gp - as per lvl 4 on PC wealth table

Looking forward to the game...

hawkwind
February 24th, 2014, 12:14
so all the current characters are planning on spending 6 weeks down the pub?

Malkavian_Andi
February 24th, 2014, 23:20
I actually didn't have much time to make up my mind about it.

I suppose Bul-Kathos will at least try to see if there are some townsmen who want to train as proper warriors and teach them a trick or two.

Lord Kavos
February 25th, 2014, 09:36
Kayliss is the newcomer to the group (and the town), so she will try to find out all she can about this wizard's auction she has been sent to check out...the wizard in question is probably some pig-headed male anyway so she has little faith that this auction will be anything of substance anyway...

RobG
February 25th, 2014, 09:36
so all the current characters are planning on spending 6 weeks down the pub?

That depends if there is a good Kebab place nearby, if so, some time will be spent there.

hawkwind
February 25th, 2014, 15:47
Anyone seen Killian this year? Shane and Saul have both indicated they will be playing on thursday

RobG
February 26th, 2014, 07:00
Nope havn't heard from Killian for ages.

hawkwind
February 26th, 2014, 07:52
Good job that Miss Whiplash has joined the "party"

Lord Kavos
February 27th, 2014, 09:46
Hawk,

can you post or PM me the server alias & teamspeak details for the game?

hawkwind
February 27th, 2014, 11:41
check your pm's

hawkwind
February 27th, 2014, 18:06
Server is up, I'm at a parents evening but should be there on time fingers crossed

hawkwind
February 28th, 2014, 08:17
thanks for turning up and playing well last night, I was worried that with such a big gap things might be a little flat or not happen at all. Next game a week thursday. I will break with tradition and post it on the calendar

Malkavian_Andi
March 5th, 2014, 16:22
so no game tomorrow, right?

hawkwind
March 5th, 2014, 17:09
That is correct

hawkwind
March 5th, 2014, 17:09
Next Thursday week

Malkavian_Andi
March 5th, 2014, 23:00
ok, see you next week then :)

kwarner1986
March 8th, 2014, 14:13
I'm off all day on Wednesday & Thursday and I would like to play this. I just need to setup a PFS acct/character. Never heard of PFS.

hawkwind
March 10th, 2014, 13:28
I'm off all day on Wednesday & Thursday and I would like to play this. I just need to setup a PFS acct/character. Never heard of PFS.
sorry mate not looking for any additional players at the moment

hawkwind
March 10th, 2014, 13:51
I'll see every one else on thursday, question what big, black and undead with wings on it?

Lord Kavos
March 10th, 2014, 14:43
I'll see every one else on thursday, question what big, black and undead with wings on it?

a fiendish dire canary suffering from post fireball syndrome...

Lord Kavos
March 11th, 2014, 14:45
Hawk,

Would you mind a slight change to my character?

Was thinking of giving her a level of bard, with lingering performance feat & magical knack (bard).

Its an experiment im looking at for my PFS version of her, wanted to see how it would pan out at 4th.

If not, thats ok, but would like to give it a try...