PDA

View Full Version : PFS Sanctioned Module: Fangwood Keep.

Skellan
September 1st, 2013, 12:53
Fangwood Keep

Claim the Castle!

Fangwood Keep has changed hands innumerable times since its founding decades ago on the border between the warring nations of Molthune and Nirmathas. Over the years, both countries have sacrificed money and soldiers in an effort to control the fortress along the Marideth River valley, both for its tactical location and for its secure defenses. Recently, however, the battles around Fangwood Keep have dwindled to a trickle as Nirmathas has firmly rooted itself in the surrounding valley, allowing the tide of war to shift elsewhere and peace to settle at last over Fangwood Keep.

This respite was shattered by the arrival of a renegade Molthuni commander named Pavo Vos. Obsessed with capturing Fangwood Keep and unraveling the fortress’s mysteries, the defecting lieutenant unlawfully used his platoon to secure the castle, much to the ire of both the Molthuni and Nirmathi governments. Now the task of bringing Vos to justice and reclaiming Fangwood Keep for Nirmathas lies solely in the PCs’ able hands.

"Fangwood Keep" is an adventure of infiltration, investigation, and dungeon exploration for 4th-level characters, written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and compatible with the 3.5 edition of the world’s oldest RPG. This volume also contains a gazetteer of the Marideth River valley and a brand-new monster from the bizarre realm of the fey, both of which can easily be integrated into any campaign setting.

Written by Alex Greenshields.
Cover Art by Alex Aparin.

To be played on alternate Fridays beginning Friday 13th September. 8.00pm BST start, playing for approx 4 hours.
Character levels 3 to 5

Please note, if you sign up to this, your Pathfinder Society character will be 'locked' and that character will be unable to play any other scenarios until this module is completed.
From looking at the scenario, I think it will take 2 or 3 sessions to complete. I am going to run this as a casual/fun game so I won't be pushing for time and you will be able to rp and mess about more than time normally allows in the one session scenarios. Consequently, it might run over to 4 sessions but I doubt it.

Also if anyone is going to Oddcon, the 3rd session clashes with the first day of Oddcon. I am going down on saturday but I don't know if this affects anyone else.

If you want to sign up for this, please post you character and previous chronicles below.

RobG
September 1st, 2013, 13:16
I'd like to play using Jumoke the 4th Level Monk. Not going to Oddcon myself.

Skellan
September 1st, 2013, 13:38
Ok great.
I just noticed that this module is for 4 players, so there's just three slots left now. Also, with it being for 4 players I am pretty sure it will take 2 or 3 sessions of play

Trenloe
September 1st, 2013, 17:54
I just noticed that this module is for 4 players, so there's just three slots left now.
Paizo list the majority of their none PFS modules as "for four XX-level characters" - this is just based off the way Pathfinder calculates encounter difficulty.

When playing PFS sanctioned modules the usual PFS rules apply - minimum of 4 players (or 3 players plus a GM controlled pregen) and maximum of 6 players.

Skellan
September 1st, 2013, 18:15
Cool ok, thanks Trenloe.

5 spots left then :P

Rose Claymore
September 1st, 2013, 18:39
I'm in, but I'm not sure what character to bring, as I'm not sure what character I'll be playing this upcoming weekend.

I'll get you the character xml and chronicle sheet by Sunday or Monday.

Harbinger
September 1st, 2013, 19:51
I'd like to join. 5th level character. Btw for 3-4 appox game session what is the xp like?

Trenloe
September 1st, 2013, 21:26
Btw for 3-4 appox game session what is the xp like?
Most sanctioned modules (the 32 page modules) give 3 xp for completing the adventure if you attend all of the game sessions. This is the case for Fangwood Keep.

You also get 4pp (with no faction missions) and usually about 2-3 times the gold you'd expect from a similar tier single session PFS scenario.

Malkavian_Andi
September 1st, 2013, 22:26
I'm in, too.
For the chronicles I'll still have to do some scanning, so I'll post those later (btw, do you want to see all, or just the last one?)

Harbinger
September 1st, 2013, 23:04
Thanks nice. I have a game on the 6th can I give you my chronicle after that? but I can put my character up now. The chronicle I've attached will not be my most recent as of the date the game starts.

Skellan
September 2nd, 2013, 01:14
As Trenloe says, the rewards from the modules can be good. They usually have a decent amount of coin and the ones I have looked at usually include a nice boon or item etc. Also, as Trenloe mentioned, if you don't play in all the sessions, you get reduced rewards accordingly. Its also a headache :confused: so please only sign up if you can make all the dates. (I know stuff can come up sometimes though)

As for chronicles, basically, I will ask at least one player for all their chronicles and they need to be able to send them to me or they won't be able to play.

How you want to do the admin for this is up to you, whatever suits you best.

If you want to send them to me regardless, go for it. I have a dropbox with player chronicles in and will save them for next time. (make sure you have your own masters though, I might get hit by a bus or something)
I have all Xagh's from last session and Harbinger's too as he was the one I asked, so you are good. If you want to send me your latest after your next game though, I will add it to your dropbox if you like.

And I noticed Tsuno has signed up as 50th level on the calendar haha! If this is the case, I definitely want to see that last chronicle :D

Harbinger
September 2nd, 2013, 04:48
sorry he is 5th, and I got my boon chronicle here now, and I'll have one more after the 6th which I will send when I get it.

Skellan
September 2nd, 2013, 08:39
Hehe, thats ok.I thought it was funny:)

Malkavian_Andi
September 2nd, 2013, 09:09
I have all Xagh's from last sessionI'll still have to send you my chronicles, because I'm not going to play Xagh this time. I'll just mail them to you as soon as I got them all scanned.

Skellan
September 2nd, 2013, 09:21
Thanks Andi, that's helpful.
Also, Harbinger, I was looking through Tsuno's chronicles and there's a couple of small errors on them. Its just small change so hasn't made a difference, so don't worry. Its def not your fault - you may actually be missing some gold. I will check through properly later today

RobG
September 2nd, 2013, 10:13
I'll have to scan a bunch of chronicles if you want to see all of them.

Looks like we have 2 Monks and a Fighter, so depending on who else signs up I might use a pre-gen (though we could certainly kick a lot *** with the current party).

Harbinger
September 2nd, 2013, 12:22
I'll have to scan a bunch of chronicles if you want to see all of them.

Looks like we have 2 Monks and a Fighter, so depending on who else signs up I might use a pre-gen (though we could certainly kick a lot *** with the current party).

No pun intended! hehe

Skellan
September 2nd, 2013, 12:28
Lol, thats bad :) We havent even started yet :)

Skellan
September 2nd, 2013, 17:00
Rob - yeah I know its a lot of scanning :( Being realistic, I can't check everyone's chronicles, so I will prob only ask 1 player per game for them.

RobG
September 7th, 2013, 15:30
Jumoke's files are now all in this folder should you wish to audit him: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bmbnor6kdb4vbbp/kdXiai1K54

He hasn't bought anything since the new-fangled inventory sheets came out, he's saving up to get a magic temple sword.

Skellan
September 7th, 2013, 15:46
Thanks Rob :)

Harbinger
September 9th, 2013, 18:41
Here is my up-todate chronicle #14. for Tsuno

Skellan
September 9th, 2013, 19:26
Thanks - I will add it to the others

Rose Claymore
September 12th, 2013, 19:43
Here is Odion, cleric of Sarenrae, keeper of the hit points and melter of the undead.

RobG
September 12th, 2013, 19:51
Yay, praise Sarenrae, praise Odion, we have a cleric.

Skellan
September 12th, 2013, 23:06
Thanks for that :)

Rose Claymore
September 13th, 2013, 03:58
:) :) :)

Harbinger
September 13th, 2013, 04:41
that is great news

Harbinger
September 13th, 2013, 05:24
Here is the most updated version of my character, Please use this one. thanks

BTW are we starting out at a town or area with a large population? I was wanting to know if I can pickup an amulet of mighty fist +1 for (4k gp)?

Skellan
September 13th, 2013, 13:13
Damn, I am really sorry to do this but something has come up that I cant get round, so I wont be able to run this tonight. I hate cancelling sessions as I know you have all put aside the night to play and it messes you about. I rarely cancel sessions and am really sorry abut this.

I could rearrange to play Fangwood on Sunday instead if that's an option for people? If you aren't all free Sunday I could perhaps run a different one off scenario on sunday instead?

Sorry again :( I hate to let people down.

(Harbinger - you will begin in Tamran in Nirmathas with a population of 9730)

Harbinger
September 13th, 2013, 13:38
I understand about real life happening. I can't do it the same time on sunday, maybe 4-6 hours later in the day then I could, or just wait until same time on next Friday.

Skellan
September 13th, 2013, 14:04
Next Friday is possible for me
Also may do something different anyway on sunday but couldnt do plus 4-6 hours :(

Malkavian_Andi
September 13th, 2013, 14:12
As far as I know, I don't have time next Friday. Already planned another game session there.
I think I should be able to play on Sunday, either this or some other scenario (unless I already played that other scenario, of course).

RobG
September 13th, 2013, 14:24
That's a shame. I can't do this Sunday, next Friday is good with me though.

Rose Claymore
September 13th, 2013, 14:28
Grrrr.

Well, life happens. Sunday this week is bad for me but next Friday is still good.

Bro.T
September 13th, 2013, 14:46
I have another scheduled session on Friday at 8pm, so I could do it but could not over run at all (assuming it would still be at 3pm eastern. We usually go out to eat after church so I don't get home till 1-2pm on Sunday. Could make it after that.

Skellan
September 13th, 2013, 15:57
Ok, we will stick with Fri 27th for Fangwood. I reckon it will take 2 sessions, as it isn't that long really.
I will run some other stuff in the meantime. Sorry again to miss tonight

Skellan
September 23rd, 2013, 20:05
As its been a while since I posted here, I thought Id let you know we are good for this friday.
The beasts of Fangwood eagerly await the arrival of some juicy pathfinders.

RobG
September 23rd, 2013, 20:21
Cool, looking forward to it.

Malkavian_Andi
September 23rd, 2013, 22:02
Seki received an additional chronicle last weekend, bringing him to level 5. Here's the new chronicle and his updated XML and tracking sheet.

Harbinger
September 24th, 2013, 03:48
I have one purchase before the game, +1 amulet of mighty fist for 4k gp.

Skellan
September 25th, 2013, 16:28
The fighting on the border between Molthune and Nirmathas has lasted
for generations. Officially the war ended in ’55, but that was just a paper
peace. The fighting has never stopped—it just holds its breath every
once in a while.

“Every bleedin’ acre south of the Marideth has been fought over so many
times that the people who live there hardly care who’s in charge anymore.
Lucky for them, most of the borderlands that haven’t already been razed to
the ground are too heavily wooded to be of much use to either side. Still, even
small companies of soldiers with nothing to lose can cause plenty of trouble...”

—Aris Reloni, Molthuni sergeant, to a barmaid at the Gorged Gorgon

lachancery
September 26th, 2013, 02:16
The fighting on the border between Molthune and Nirmathas has lasted
for generations. Officially the war ended in ’55, but that was just a paper
peace. The fighting has never stopped—it just holds its breath every
once in a while.

“Every bleedin’ acre south of the Marideth has been fought over so many
times that the people who live there hardly care who’s in charge anymore.
Lucky for them, most of the borderlands that haven’t already been razed to
the ground are too heavily wooded to be of much use to either side. Still, even
small companies of soldiers with nothing to lose can cause plenty of trouble...”

—Aris Reloni, Molthuni sergeant, to a barmaid at the Gorged Gorgon
Cool setting! Methinks I'll be looking into running this one... :)

Skellan
September 27th, 2013, 17:38
Hi all

I got a call from the hospital today saying my father has deteriorated and is now in his final stage and he will pass on anytime now. I have just nipped back from the hospital to grab some food and to let you all know that I won't be able to GM tonight. I am really sorry about this. (its very inconsiderate of my Dad to do this on a gaming night haha)
Sorry to pull this at short notice and for the second time :( I will make it up to you

Cheers

RobG
September 27th, 2013, 17:55
That's not good to hear, thanks for letting us know, hope you are all doing ok.

I'm not around next week but can make October the 11th as planned.

Rob

Malkavian_Andi
September 27th, 2013, 19:32
Well, some things just happen at the wrong time. So see you all at October 11.
I might be a little late at October 11, though. I'll have to work quite late and won't be home until about game time.

Harbinger
September 27th, 2013, 22:12
Here is my updated character. Thanks

Skellan
September 28th, 2013, 02:22
Thanks for your patience with this ill fated slot and the updated info. The session on the 11th is a goer.
On the bright side. I read the awesome 'stolen heir' tonight, so will run that soon...

Malkavian_Andi
September 28th, 2013, 08:47
I read the awesome 'stolen heir' tonight, so will run that soon...I hope I will be able to play then. I read the info text and it sounds really awesome. I have a Taldor character who wouldn't want to miss a chance for some political influence ^^

Skellan
September 28th, 2013, 18:23
As Hawkwind has posted The Stolen Heir, and it is being run at fg-con, I will do something else and run Stolen Heir afterwards. I think this is a nice problem to have really. Its a sign of an active community :)

hawkwind
September 28th, 2013, 19:36
It is indeed, I'm only running it as Robg and Markavain Andi can't make my regular Dragon's demand campaign. There does seem to be a new wave of players at the moment, half the people signed up for my game are new. I had thought that with the mega success of Roll20.net things would start to go quiet round here

Skellan
September 28th, 2013, 21:05
It must be the high standard of GM's we have here :D

Skellan
October 10th, 2013, 06:05
Sharpen those swords and dust off those spellbooks. This mission will start on Friday.
This should be done in 2 sessions so your characters can be free for the con

Malkavian_Andi
October 10th, 2013, 09:45
As I already mentioned somewhere here, I might be around 15 minutes late because of work.

Skellan
October 11th, 2013, 16:42
Server is up if anyone needs it

Server Password: Quiet Turtle Ugly Dungeon
Teamspeak: fgts.servegame.com:9152 Password: Dungeoneers

Start time: 8.15pm BST

Harbinger
October 11th, 2013, 19:39
characters are not loaded?

RobG
October 18th, 2013, 09:46
We're playing tonight right? Just checking ;-)

rogerv
October 18th, 2013, 09:51
That was my understanding.

Skellan
October 18th, 2013, 10:54
oh, I can only run this on alternate Fridays as I have a delta green game tonight. I should have made this clearer sorry :( I'll update the calendar

Skellan
October 22nd, 2013, 16:43
The residents of Fangwood Keep await the pleasure of your company this Friday...

rogerv
October 22nd, 2013, 17:42
Looking forward to it!

Bro.T
October 22nd, 2013, 22:28
Can't wait! My other game got cancelled due to a lack of interest so this one is all I got going for now. :(

Skellan
October 25th, 2013, 19:45
Server is up folks
Server Password: Quiet Turtle Ugly Dungeon
Teamspeak: fgts.servegame.com:9152 Password: Dungeoneers

Harbinger
October 25th, 2013, 23:48
nice dual ! Flurry of blows like crazy... Talk to you all next session. Thank you everyone.

Skellan
October 26th, 2013, 02:35
Yes, well done with the dual.
Sorry about the deadly crit. At least you got the body out.

Will Fangwood keep claim more victims next time?
Find out on Friday 8th when the remaining Pathfinders continue their deadly mission...

Skellan
October 26th, 2013, 12:46
As some people were keen to play the final session, and one person has difficulty with the 8th Nov, I have added some alternate dates to the calendar. Please check it out and vote.
For the time being assume that the next session is 8th Nov. If we find another suitable date, I will let you know

Cheers

Skellan
November 6th, 2013, 17:56
Fangwood keep is set to open its doors to brave pathfinders again this friday.
This will be the last session, and theres some great rewards at the end of it.

Malkavian_Andi
November 6th, 2013, 22:46
hmm... rewards... sounds good :)

Bro.T
November 6th, 2013, 23:23
Looking forward to it!

RobG
November 7th, 2013, 05:49
Looking forward to getting Jumoke's body back, yeah.

rogerv
November 8th, 2013, 16:03
Hi guys,
Assuming no further train related shenanigans today I should now be back home for an 8pm GMT start. I'll let you know if the situation changes
Cheers
Roger

Skellan
November 8th, 2013, 16:39
Cool, see you then

Rob - could you let me know what prestige you are spending etc to clear your deceased condition please?

Skellan
November 9th, 2013, 01:57
Thanks for playing everyone. You owned Fangwood Keep (literally!)

Your chronicles are in the dropbox here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ja0qd96pu0s30um/PoNP_YcRyg)

Hope you had fun :)

Harbinger
November 9th, 2013, 02:16
I had a great time, Thank you for putting that large game together for us.

Malkavian_Andi
November 9th, 2013, 03:06
Thanks again for running this. Hope to see you all again soon in a PFS game :)

RobG
November 9th, 2013, 15:16
Cool, see you then

Rob - could you let me know what prestige you are spending etc to clear your deceased condition please?

Opps sorry missed this.

Ok I found this coolness below in the Pathfinder Society Field Guide so I can get raised for 8PP (since I have just on 20 fame)
Then I'll spend another 4PP to lose a negative level, leaving me with 2. Then spend 1,280 gp to loose the other negative level, leaving me with 456gp.

Risen Guard (Fame 20, 8 PP) You may voluntarily
be killed and resurrected, becoming one of the Ruby
Prince’s elite Risen Guard. If you die in the course of
an adventure and have not yet purchased this title, you
may purchase it to be raised from the dead at this lower
price—any future expenditures of PP to be restored
from death cost the normal PP amount, as listed on page
3. While your primary mission as such is to protect the
royal family, the Ruby Prince recognizes your particular
strengths and orders you to protect his interests abroad
as a Pathfinder. As a Risen Guard, you may use the
honorific “the Risen” after your name. You gain a +2
bonus on Fortitude saves made against death effects and
on saves made to prevent a negative level from becoming
permanent. Once you gain this prestige award, you can
never change your faction.

Skellan
November 9th, 2013, 15:39
That's the coolest thing ever. You will also get 1xp 1pp and 500gp on your chronicle for the session you played if that helps at all

RobG
November 9th, 2013, 16:32
Grand I wasn't expecting that much for it.

Bro.T
November 9th, 2013, 19:04
Had fun on this one! Thanks for running it, Skelly! Glad things worked out better than expected Rob.

Skellan
November 9th, 2013, 20:12
Welcome to your new life in service of the Ruby Prince, Jumoke The Arisen (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ja0qd96pu0s30um/PoNP_YcRyg)

Harbinger
November 11th, 2013, 21:26
Hey Skellan, I think I found a problem with my chronicle. it shows my starting money at 5532 and I think it was really 1532. Just wanted to let you know. thanks for the great game.

Skellan
November 12th, 2013, 03:33
Urgh
I will sort it in the morning mate

Skellan
November 12th, 2013, 11:04
was your last chronicle Hellknights feast? You had 5532 then

Harbinger
November 14th, 2013, 03:56
ok then I just forgot to apply it to my FG2 character thanks

Skellan
November 14th, 2013, 04:23