PDA

View Full Version : Games IN Australia

Clauskan
August 31st, 2013, 02:04
Is anyone play 4e in Australia like to join a game to see how it run / I have a ultimate licence, would like help in getting a game running thanks to all, who have the time to help.
Kindest Regards
Sara Tonin

JohnD
September 1st, 2013, 02:56
Hey Sara... welcome to FG! With a world wide player base, you can expand your horizons beyond Australia if you want; you will just need to take into account time zone differences. Good luck getting your game going.

damned
September 2nd, 2013, 04:13
im running a castles&crusades campaign every second saturday night 830pm. next game is 14th. not 4e - its much better!

seycyrus
September 2nd, 2013, 15:19
A DnD game set in Australia?!! Isn't that a bit harsh for the characters?

Start them off on the 4th plane of Hell perhaps, and then let them go to Australia after they've gained about a dozen levels!

dulux-oz
September 2nd, 2013, 16:19
And that's why only the best and brightest live in the land Down Under!

Those than can, live here.

Those that can't, pretend they don't care but wish they could live here! <WEG>

damned
September 5th, 2013, 15:40
A DnD game set in Australia?!! Isn't that a bit harsh for the characters?

Start them off on the 4th plane of Hell perhaps, and then let them go to Australia after they've gained about a dozen levels!

awwww its not so bad down here. sure we have the deadliest snakes and spiders, the biggest crocs and meanest sharks, both the biggest and smallest deadly jellyfish, drop bears and platypus, most of the country is desert and uninhabited, but really its quite ok here.

Mellock
September 5th, 2013, 17:06
damned = crocodile dundee?

daplunk
September 19th, 2013, 10:58
Is anyone play 4e in Australia like to join a game to see how it run / I have a ultimate licence, would like help in getting a game running thanks to all, who have the time to help.
Kindest Regards
Sara Tonin

Would be keen. Have only played D&D once but we did it face to face. The Aus community does appear to be quite small unfortunately. PM me if you find a big enough group.

damned
September 19th, 2013, 12:31
tell us about yourself daplunk...

daplunk
September 20th, 2013, 14:28
tell us about yourself daplunk...

My experience with RP is minimal. I lead group of thieves through the initial months of AOC successfully robbing the underhalls of the free coin that was available. Not a successful enterprise mind you.

My main dice based gameplay comes from a 40k 10k+ Ork army with a modular City of Death table. We play regularly on Friday nights. (https://wartornterrain.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=GrI6PUEBAAA.n8rhWR-idSEocF524Aq4rA.6jGIaHVoYfZVhweB6mDjUg&postId=8784685010505418409&type=POST). Started playing when I was in my teens but recently came back to the game now that I have the free cash to support such a hobby.

D&D wise Im brand new. I had no appreciation for the game and no understanding of its concept until I sat down with a group of 40k mates and discussed the possibility if us giving it a go. We went away and created characters which I found to be completely entertaining. The result... a mentally handicapped 8 year old who was turned into a vampire. Currently trapped inside the body of an 8 year old girl (and wearing a pretty pink dress) she was not capable of making any decisions for herself, relying solely on her sister (another player) for decisions on what was right or wrong. Needless to say we had an interesting game and I'm looking forward to continuing that adventure. I picture myself skipping into populated areas and leaving nothing but a massive pool of blood...

RL, I'm a middle age family man looking for a group of like minded blokes to enjoy an evening with. I drink, I swear and there's gonna be times when I have to sing the Elmo song to ensure my daughter goes back to sleep. I work a 9-5 job which will always come before any form of gaming (see above comment about having a baby and the necessity to feed her).

Technically I have voice and if required video streaming capability.

Pirate LEGO was and will always be better than Ninja LEGO.

Isamill
October 8th, 2013, 09:42
not only do Ozzies have the most uninhabitable climate, deadliest critters, and crocodile dundee they have an awesome sense of humour (which they stole off us Kiwis like Pharlap and Pavlova) - love your work daplunk

have any luck getting a group together Clauskan? it is pretty tough trying to match time zones but patience is a virtue - so my Mum used to say - damned liar - no not you Damned, my Mum!!!

dulux-oz
October 8th, 2013, 16:58
not only do Ozzies have the most uninhabitable climate, deadliest critters, and crocodile dundee

But we can also do the most amazing things with a few sheets of corrigated iron, some barbed wire, and a stick!

they have an awesome sense of humour (which they stole off us Kiwis like Pharlap and Pavlova)

And again with the (false) allergations of theft from our "younger siblings" across The Ditch - there there, if it makes you feel better, Little Brother. :p

Isamill
October 9th, 2013, 08:31
LOL Dulux - just wait until we become SEA (South East Australia) and then Abbott can apologize to us for stealing our Icons!!!

dulux-oz
October 9th, 2013, 09:40
What do you mean "becomes"? Haven't you ever read the Australian (or should I say Australiasian) Constitution? Technically New Zealand IS part of Australia - its just, like Tasmainia, the rest of "polite Australian society" doesn't mention those other "off-shore" islands very much. :p

And if it means that much to our Little Brothers we'll gladly let you steal Tony Abbott...

Isamill
October 9th, 2013, 10:46
Haha nah you can have him and Russell Crowe too,

this is hilarious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JARkLg_lHFo

Isamill
October 9th, 2013, 10:59
another one lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DizyM41YJkk

Trenloe
October 9th, 2013, 16:24
I knew this thread was going to devolve after post #4!

;)

Sara (OP) - hope you find some people to game with in the times you are free.

dulux-oz
October 10th, 2013, 05:57
In the words of Inigo Montoya (and for those of you who don't know who that is - Shame!):

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Devolve? This thread hasn't devolved, its just... moved to a higher plane of existance. That means it's evolved. I mean, we started on the 4th Plane of Hell and then we went to Oz-Zealand - that's an improvement. How can an improvement be a devolution?

I mean, seriously, have you seen the two YouTube Videos my Little Brother put up? I think they both rightly explain everything :p

I know our distance cousins in the States might think differently, but that's probably due to lack of Oxygen from living at such a high altitude, hey Trenloe :o

Sara (OP) - stick with it girl, there's lots of us Ozziez and Kiwis around - you'll find a game if you just hang in there (if you haven't already)!

Isamill
October 10th, 2013, 08:24
Trans Tasman rivalry is good for the soul!!!!