PDA

View Full Version : Different graphics for Token Sets?

AstaSyneri
August 30th, 2013, 11:27
Hi!

Now that I have figured out how to add token sets to my game (in theory at least), I am wondering whether there is a way to change the token back graphic.

When you have several token sets activated, they all look the same and waiting for the tool tip to appear takes away valuable time and is a real nuisance.

It works well for Adventure Modules - is there a way to do the same for token sets (replace the "bag" graphic)?

Blacky
August 30th, 2013, 11:44
Back graphics, you mean the frame around the picture?

If you use custom made tokens (the ones put in %APPDATA%\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\tokens) you can put whatever graphics, frames, and anything you like. FG will use those images as they are.

If your ruleset is generating your token (like dragging portrait unto a map), it's handled by the ruleset. Look at files like portrait_token.png and portrait_token_mask.png probably (but it really depends on the ruleset).

Nickademus
August 30th, 2013, 12:06
I think he means the bag image that appears in the token box. I don't think you can set different images for those as they all pull from the same file.

What you can do though is pull a bag to the small hotbar in the token box (until 3.0 goes live). This will still show the image of the bag, but at least you will have a better idea of what each bag is.

AstaSyneri
August 30th, 2013, 12:09
I think he means the bag image that appears in the token box. I don't think you can set different images for those as they all pull from the same file.

What you can do though is pull a bag to the small hotbar in the token box (until 3.0 goes live). This will still show the image of the bag, but at least you will have a better idea of what each bag is.

Yes, that. And a very good idea! I am not used to the idea of using the hot key bar.

gmkieran
August 30th, 2013, 14:05
Just to be clear, AstaSyneri, not the hot-key bar at the bottom of the screen where you place die rolls and such, but the slots at the bottom of the token box, itself. You can create custom token bags in those slots and drag groups of tokens into them. you can also, by the way, create folders within the tokens folder and group your tokens there (undead all together, dire creatures, abyssal creatures, whatever makes sense to you). You will then have a bag for each folder when you open up FG and you can open just the ones you want or drag them to the bag slots for faster reference.

AstaSyneri
August 30th, 2013, 14:15
Just to be clear, AstaSyneri, not the hot-key bar at the bottom of the screen where you place die rolls and such, but the slots at the bottom of the token box, itself. You can create custom token bags in those slots and drag groups of tokens into them. you can also, by the way, create folders within the tokens folder and group your tokens there (undead all together, dire creatures, abyssal creatures, whatever makes sense to you). You will then have a bag for each folder when you open up FG and you can open just the ones you want or drag them to the bag slots for faster reference.

Ah, really have to try that tonight.

Still - customizable graphics for the bags would be very nice for a future update! Can't be THAT difficult to program.

Trenloe
August 30th, 2013, 15:29
Still - customizable graphics for the bags would be very nice for a future update! Can't be THAT difficult to program.
Add it to the FG wish list: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

AstaSyneri
August 30th, 2013, 15:53
Add it to the FG wish list: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Added.

Moon Wizard
September 1st, 2013, 05:52
Also, a search box will be added to the token bag in v3.0.

Cheers,
JPG