PDA

View Full Version : Point buy?

tlavalle
August 29th, 2013, 02:18
ok another question i couldn't find the answer to. I entered the point values from the PF core book for buying stats but when you put your values in it puts the wrong costs not only that but I dont see how it would work as a character builder. so my guess would be they would have to build their character in hero lab or by hand and send it to me, or something like am i correct?

lachancery
August 29th, 2013, 03:01
ok another question i couldn't find the answer to. I entered the point values from the PF core book for buying stats but when you put your values in it puts the wrong costs not only that but I dont see how it would work as a character builder. so my guess would be they would have to build their character in hero lab or by hand and send it to me, or something like am i correct?
The 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset does not have a character creation mode. The character can be filled/edited openly, like you would for a paper character sheet. The automation FG provides is around the "referencial formulas", like applying the right stat bonus to skills, weapons, AC, BAB & CMB attack rolls, caster level checks, encumbrance, etc. Combined with the combat tracker and the targeting on the image maps, it automates attack rolls vs the target normal/touch/ff AC, and applies damage with DR automatically. That's where FG's strengths lie.

Many PFS players create & maintain their character in HeroLab and export it to FG format before each game.

Hope that answer your question?

Blackfoot
August 29th, 2013, 03:55
The 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset does not have a character creation mode. The character can be filled/edited openly, like you would for a paper character sheet. The automation FG provides is around the "referencial formulas", like applying the right stat bonus to skills, weapons, AC, BAB & CMB attack rolls, caster level checks, encumbrance, etc. Combined with the combat tracker and the targeting on the image maps, it automates attack rolls vs the target normal/touch/ff AC, and applies damage with DR automatically. That's where FG's strengths lie.

Many PFS players create & maintain their character in HeroLab and export it to FG format before each game.

Hope that answer your question?
Actually.. you can simulate the point buy in the 'Manage Characters' area...
Click 'points' in the window at the left...
Then click the button at the right of that window... enter these values (and add enough lines to fit them all):
6:0
7:-4
8:2
13:1
15:2
17:3
18:4
Then click the button at the right again and build away.
Entries of 6 or lower and 19 or higher will screw up.