PDA

View Full Version : ruleset beginnings for Iron Kingdoms (2012-2013 IK version)

Andrepartthree
August 28th, 2013, 00:03
First off many apologies.. apologies if this has already been posted, apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum ... I consider myself something of a newbie to the FG forums compared to you other guys who post in here all the time ;) so apologies in advance for any mistakes made.. also to be brutally honest I probably won't have a chance to check this thread after posting it for any replies, more of a " Hey if anyone's interested this is going on " sort of thing...

Basically the privateer press website.. owners of the Iron Kingdoms campaign setting.. has a guy on there by the name of Brianide who is putting together a FG 2 ruleset (pretty simple just IK character sheet and some other stuff not "full fledged" with modules and stuff I don't think) for anyone who's interested.. IK is an AWESOME game system pardon the plug here :) .. I'm more of a fan of the version 3.0/3.5 D&D rules " Iron Kingdoms Character Guide" and " Iron Kingdoms World Guide" but the ruleset Brianide came up with is for the newfangled year 2012-2013 IK books that came out which have a non 3.5 rule system (which I'm completely unfamiliar with since I'm a 3.5 fan and so incredibly happy with the 2 books I just mentioned I just don't feel the need to move on though I'm sure there are many who would disagree with me :P ... seriously though awesome books, tons of role playing / " fluff " material that really adds up to a richly detailed well thought out campaign ) ...

Anyways hopefully this link takes you to it

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?163384-Fantasy-Grounds-II-IK-Ruleset

If not you can always do a google search for privateer press, click on forums, then look for the "Iron Kingdoms Role Playing Game" section.. Brianide posted this thread on May 30th 2013 which is a while back but I guess if you do a search of all the Brianide posts it can come up that way too ;) ...

Andrepartthree
August 28th, 2013, 00:03
PS if this would be better served / get more attention in a different part of the forum PLEASE PM me directly and let me know so I can repost..

Blahness98
August 28th, 2013, 05:44
Probably the best place to put it Andre. You could always see if the creator can PM moon and maybe have it's own little place in the library.

meathome
September 6th, 2013, 19:38
Funny thing is I have also been working on a ruleset/character sheet for this by mucking around with the 4e ruleset...

Looks like this so far

It has some basic automation in the works like the health "spiral" (for simplicity I changed it to bars). There is a separate page for setting up skills and abilities, benefits. The idea is that you enter your archetype and careers and the skill worksheet shows you your available options. It works with skills and archetype benefits so far, but i have only inputted a little of the data... I alos tend to not finish things I start so I do not make any promises for it ever to be finished.. on the other hand somebody else is doing the same maybe it would be better to pool resources :)