PDA

View Full Version : chat commands to create simple draggable damage that can be applied or other hotkeys

JamesManhattan
August 27th, 2013, 03:41
So I am sorta new. I had a heck of a time figuring out how I could simply add 6 damage to a player. Sometimes while playing you need a quick dirty way to apply a bit of healing, or a bit of damage, or maybe even 2d6 of sneak attack damage you forgot to apply.

I searched and searched and it was quite hard to find an answer. Sheesh. This should be added somewhere in the 4E guide or something.

Here it goes.
(to create 5 damage in the chat that is then draggable onto minis or into the combat tracker)
in the chat type: /die 5 [DAMAGE]

(to create 2d6 necrotic damage in the chat that is then draggable onto minis or into the combat tracker or even into a hotkey button below) (note: there needs to be a space between TYPE: and necrotic)
/die 2d6 [DAMAGE] [TYPE: necrotic]

(to create 2d10+3 of healing that is draggable)
/die 2d10+3 [HEAL]

(say you want to make a simple attack, and want FantasyGrounds to tell you if you hit once you drag the executed command onto a mini or combat tracker)
/die 1d20+4 [ATTACK] (vs. Reflex)

Dakadin
August 27th, 2013, 04:02
Look at the effects section of the 4E guide. They are a very powerful way to handle these things. Here is the link to the overview: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/ref_effects_4E.xcp

Be sure look in the lower left corner for more sections that show examples, etc.

Griogre
August 27th, 2013, 09:39
Glad you figured it out. For small adjustments to damage I often just use the mouse wheel on the combat tracker to increase or decrease PC or monster wounds. Likewise if you have a mis-parsed sneak attack that doesn't work I will often just roll a naked d6 or d8 and then drag the value down into the mod box before I do the regular damage. The DM can also just roll dice and drop them directly on the wounds amount on the combat tracker (note this won't work on tokens or the portrait - which is where what you are doing shines).

If someone damages the wrong monster they or your can just hold down Cntrl and drag and redrop the damage and it will heal the PC/NPC. This doesn't work if something is killed, though.

Paladin's Pride
August 31st, 2013, 05:29
Gotta agree with the OP on one thing. That information is not easy to find. Why isn't that included in the 4e guide?

Dakadin
August 31st, 2013, 06:24
I agree with the OP about it also. It can be tough to track things down at times.