PDA

View Full Version : New to FG, LFG for 3.5E

mishka133
August 27th, 2013, 02:58
Looking for a small dnd 3.5e group (4-6 players) to play with on a weekly basis. love in depth RP and/or just a good story overall.
Any starting campaigns would be nice because im still a bit rusty on mechanics.

Dr_Babylon
August 27th, 2013, 05:45
I am playing in a 3.5 game (with some small deviations from standard rules) that may be looking to recruit. We play on Sundays at noon (Eastern) and are only two sessions in. The party has only just established ourselves and are in the bonding phase, I suppose. There is a fairly lengthy thread on the subject but you might be better off contacting the gm (thrylax) directly as I may be speaking entirely out of turn. Story and character exploration have been stated as the priority with text-only communication. Those involved are unlikely to heap scorn upon you for being out of practice with the system.

I hope this will aid you in finding that which you seek.

In any event, welcome to Fantasy Grounds and to the boards.

Dr Babylon

Andrepartthree
August 27th, 2013, 16:49
I am playing in a 3.5 game (with some small deviations from standard rules) that may be looking to recruit. We play on Sundays at noon (Eastern) and are only two sessions in. The party has only just established ourselves and are in the bonding phase, I suppose. There is a fairly lengthy thread on the subject but you might be better off contacting the gm (thrylax) directly as I may be speaking entirely out of turn. Story and character exploration have been stated as the priority with text-only communication. Those involved are unlikely to heap scorn upon you for being out of practice with the system.

I hope this will aid you in finding that which you seek.

In any event, welcome to Fantasy Grounds and to the boards.

Dr Babylon

Do you mean this one ? :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19129-Gaugeing-interest-in-a-weekly-D-amp-D-3-5-campaign-on-Saturday-s-or-Sunday-s/page23

I ask 'cause I know of another player looking for a Dragonlance 3.0/3.5 game I GM'ed in the past, did a great job role playing his character and went so far as to participate in the forum role playing outside of the FG games I ran for my campaign :) .. his real name is David (I know better than to post his last name here in public though :P ) he went by rogueserpent on my forum board can't remember what FG alias he uses (this was years ago :P ) ... I've alerted him to the thread mentioned above :) .. if you don't mind maybe ask the GM to look at this thread too ? :) ..

Sorry to hijack the thread :P .. I'm sure they have two or more openings so both players could apply if interested ;) .. mishka133 I'm sending you a PM too let me know if you don't get it ;) ..

rogueserpent
August 27th, 2013, 17:36
Looking for a small dnd 3.5e group (4-6 players) to play with on a weekly basis. love in depth RP and/or just a good story overall.
Any starting campaigns would be nice because im still a bit rusty on mechanics.

I'm very interested in playing in your campaign. Please PM me or email me @ [email protected].

mishka133
August 27th, 2013, 23:25
I'm very interested in playing in your campaign. Please PM me or email me @ [email protected].

You misread i think, sorry man, i'm LFG (looking for group)
wish i could DM (so many stories!!!) but sadly im not as familiar as i should be with the mechanics to do so.

and i cannot play on weekends because that is when my fiancee's dad hosts his Cyberpunk adventures (we also do DnD 3.5e Homebrew, Battletech, and 40k)

mishka133
August 27th, 2013, 23:46
well, the only problem here is i cannot play on the weekends. That is when my fiancee's father runs his cyberpunk games. im just looking for something like 7pm - 11pm, or 7pm - 12am. maybe on a tuesday or wednesday night? or both is fine, hehe.

If anyone is wondering, i come from a group who is, as my DM calls it, "Short attention Span Theatre" , and im just looking for some serious roleplayers. I started when i was 14 playing oWoD with some adults online and that introduction has made me into
A roleplay nut. some people can't stand it, they need action or attention, but if you need a serious player or help turning a page in the adventure, then i am your guy.

I am a team player, provided that my team is of the same nature, and i always love to have a good time. hell, if you aint laughing and having fun in the game, what's the point?

Looking forward to playing with a group if i can find one. :)

Andrepartthree
August 28th, 2013, 17:31
well, the only problem here is i cannot play on the weekends. That is when my fiancee's father runs his cyberpunk games. im just looking for something like 7pm - 11pm, or 7pm - 12am. maybe on a tuesday or wednesday night? or both is fine, hehe.

If anyone is wondering, i come from a group who is, as my DM calls it, "Short attention Span Theatre" , and im just looking for some serious roleplayers. I started when i was 14 playing oWoD with some adults online and that introduction has made me into
A roleplay nut. some people can't stand it, they need action or attention, but if you need a serious player or help turning a page in the adventure, then i am your guy.

I am a team player, provided that my team is of the same nature, and i always love to have a good time. hell, if you aint laughing and having fun in the game, what's the point?

Looking forward to playing with a group if i can find one. :)

" Short attention span theater" too funny :P .. your fiancee's dad runs RPG games? Dude you are one lucky guy ! :) .. does the fiancee game too? That's like every gamer's dream to have a spouse who RPG's too :P

Do me a favor if interested and PM me your e-mail address ? I am seeking role playing enthusiasts and can tell you more about the game that way (my e-mails are too long to the point where FG chops me off when I try to send a PM :P thus the e-mail request ) ... you'll probably laugh when you hear WHEN I'm planning on running this but would like to start up a correspondence with you nonetheless if you're interested :) ..