PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Fantasy Grounds 2.9.4, Mouse Issues Win 7 x64

DingoSoulEater
August 26th, 2013, 19:14
This has been resolved. Cause was faulty hardware, rather than Fantasy Grounds. Disregard.

G'day.

Started up FG this morning for a game with my group, only to find that for whatever reason - Fantasy Grounds has become almost unresponsive to mouse commands, and interprets them oddly at times.

Logged attempt -
Fantasy Grounds startd.
Attempt to click Load Campaign. Successful first click.
Attempt to select "A Tale of Dinor - 3.5E". 9 failed clicks (did not select). Succeeded on 10th.
Attempt to click "Start Game". 23 failed clicks (did not register mouse click on button). Succeeded on 24th.
Attempt to click "Story". Success first click.
Attempt to click "1. Start here!". Success first click.
Attempt to click "GM's notes" sub-link within previous story article. 1 failed click. 2nd click opened.
Attempt to click "NPCs". Instead moved "GM's notes" window to mouse (where I clicked to open NPCs; so over the right toolbar)
Attempt to open radial menu on desktop to close program. 5 failed RMB clicks. Succeeded on 6th.
Attempt to click through "Exit Program" and 2nd "Exit Program". Successful both clicks.

This problem has persisted over a system restart, uninstallation, registry clean, reinstallation (without copying back previous campaign data, hence using Tale of Dinor in logged).
This is occuring on Windows 7 x64, in Fantasy Grounds 2.9.4

I'm aware this bug is likely limited to myself, but I'm unsure of how to fix it.

Trenloe
August 26th, 2013, 20:43
A couple of things to try:

There may be an issue with the window getting focus. Try ALT-TAB out of FG and then ALT-TAB back in - see if that makes a difference with your mouse clicks. This used to happen to me a lot, but I haven't noticed it for a while.

Do you use multiple monitors? If so, try running just on one monitor, then the other - see if that makes a difference.

If you're running maximised, try running not maximised (manually resize the window to nearly max).

DingoSoulEater
August 26th, 2013, 21:46
Tried Trenloe's suggestions. None seemed to offer any solution. Oddly, however - the one thing that doesn't bug on the mouse? Dice. I can pick them up, throw them, right-click t omake more and the like without any issue whatsoever. But everything else is..egh.

I'm starting to fear this may be an issue with my computer requiring an OS reinstall.

Trenloe
August 26th, 2013, 21:55
Does it just do in on Fantasy Grounds or other apps?

My be worth running dxdiag (Start -> Run, then type dxdiag and press return) to see if there is an issue with your DirectX install.

DingoSoulEater
August 26th, 2013, 21:59
Just found the issue then (After another PC restart, I noticed another oddity with mousebehaviour outside of FG, prompting me to check something else)

For some reason my mouse was flooding programs with another mouse action (a key on my mouse I've had forever, that is a 'back button'.. even though I never pressed it). Said action was preventing other clicks from getting through.

Sooo. All fixed. Not an FG Bug, but rather an apparently (now faulty) hardware bug on my part.