PDA

View Full Version : # 35 Voice In The Void - Thursday September 5th 7pm PDT (GMT -8)

Nightfiend
August 25th, 2013, 11:14
Thursday 5th September 7pm PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)
Duration: 5 Hours (Note:This is my first attempt as GM through FG. The game is set for 5 hours, but could run longer)
Fantasy Grounds Licence: Ultimate (No license required)
Server Alias: bold thug warm wand
Chat type: Voice - Community (Teamspeak3): fgts.servegame.com:9152 (Pwd: Dungeoneers)
Tiers: Levels 1-7 (Subtiers 1-2, 3-4, and 6-7)

Mystery strikes again at the problem-plagued Blackros Museum in Absalom and its curator, Nigel Aldain, needs your help. When a famed Osirian tomb raider returns to Absalom and disappears in the museum's basement, Aldain fears the worst. When strange sounds echo from below and several of the curator's night watchmen go missing, he panics and begs the Society to investigate the mystery and save his museum from the darkness that infests it.

To join:

1. Sign up here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1071
2. Post your PC's Fantasy Grounds XML, inventory tracking sheet, and a copy of your last PFS chronicle sheet here.

Skellan
August 25th, 2013, 11:47
I'd love to play this one, though the 3am start put me out of it :( Good luck with it though. I am sure it will fill. If there's anything I can help with just let me know

Nightfiend
August 26th, 2013, 00:22
Thanks Skellan for the offer I might take you up on that later.

avro5731
August 26th, 2013, 02:44
Signed up -- 10p est is a little late for me but... Also signed up with my lvl 6 if ppl want to play down I have a number of others.

lachancery
August 26th, 2013, 02:50
Signed up -- 10p est is a little late for me but... Also signed up with my lvl 6 if ppl want to play down I have a number of others.
I've subscribed to this thread; 10pm EDT is late for me as well, but it will be difficult to succeed my Will save if there's a seat available the day before the game. ;)

Dakadin
August 26th, 2013, 04:29
I would like to play if you end up doing it as tier 1-2 since I only have a 2nd level cleric. :)

BridgetWilkerson
August 26th, 2013, 04:31
Sounds like fun :) I have a 2nd level Ranger

Lachancery will have to fail the will save and join us....... :)

Trenloe
August 26th, 2013, 05:35
Now I'm going to have to come along too! :-)

Djub-Djub the level 2 druid from the Mwangi jungles, with his ape Cheetah.

lachancery
August 26th, 2013, 05:59
Gah!! This line-up of players gave me -4 on my Will save! Alright, I'm in with my level 2 paladin. I'll post the files a little closer to the date of the game, is that ok?

Dakadin
August 26th, 2013, 06:01
Now I'm going to have to come along too! :-)

Djub-Djub the level 2 druid from the Mwangi jungles, with his ape Cheetah.

That's great! There is no way Lachancery can resist now. :D

EDIT: LOL. Lachancery's resistance was even worse than I thought since he beat me to it. :p

Manium
August 26th, 2013, 06:02
I'd love to play.
Attached are my sheets, however I'm not quite sure what an inventory tracking sheet is.. isn't it all written down in the .xml?

Nightfiend
August 26th, 2013, 07:16
I'd love to play.
Attached are my sheets, however I'm not quite sure what an inventory tracking sheet is.. isn't it all written down in the .xml?

Welcome Manium, Your file uploaded and is ready to go. The inventory sheet is a new document that was added since season 5 release. It is now mandatory for anything bought or sold over 25 gp post season 5 release. It is new and you are fine with out it. If you buy or sell anything during this game ill provide you with one. Basically it is a quick reference list of your more valuable items. Very simple form.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16899-Files-GM-tools-etc

Trenloe has both the season (5) chronicle and the inventory sheet there. They are both filable and savable.

Trenloe
August 26th, 2013, 07:16
however I'm not quite sure what an inventory tracking sheet is.. isn't it all written down in the .xml?
This is a new requirement with PFS season 5 - read this thread (item 3 in post #1): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19333-Season-5-changes-summary-all-PFS-players-and-GMs-please-read

If you haven't done so already, you'll need to change your faction as Shadow Lodge has been retired (item 1 in post #1 in the above referenced thread).

Nightfiend
August 26th, 2013, 07:23
First off, I would like to say thank you for the support from some of the more veteran players. I'm looking forward to running this for you. I hope I live up to your expectations. As fare as the tier, it looks like the APL is going to be somewhere around 2 or 3. I have accepted everyone that has applied so fare, making the assumption that the characters and chronicles will follow as we get closer.

Also if it helps any I can move up the starting time by 1 hour making it 6pm PDT (1am GMT). Let me know if this is something that everyone would prefer. I wont make this change till I have heard from the full table.

Nightfiend
August 26th, 2013, 07:26

Looks like we are heading for tier 1-2 or 3-4 depending on what you want to bring.

Nightfiend
August 26th, 2013, 11:02
Gah!! This line-up of players gave me -4 on my Will save! Alright, I'm in with my level 2 paladin. I'll post the files a little closer to the date of the game, is that ok?

Yes this is fine. A lot can change in two weeks. Assuming everyone who signed up is good to go then this will fill the table.

Trenloe
August 26th, 2013, 16:54
Also if it helps any I can move up the starting time by 1 hour making it 6pm PDT (1am GMT). Let me know if this is something that everyone would prefer. I wont make this change till I have heard from the full table.
This may or may not be an issue for me - I may be flying back from a work trip and the extra hour might make a difference. I'll know more by the end of this week.

By-the-way - a little recommendation regarding the FG forums. Try not to go back and edit your posts with info you want everyone to see. Editing does not send an update email out to the thread subscribers so it is very easy to miss the edited info as a lot of us will just read the original post email and not see the edited text in the forum.

Nightfiend
August 27th, 2013, 00:52
This may or may not be an issue for me - I may be flying back from a work trip and the extra hour might make a difference. I'll know more by the end of this week.

By-the-way - a little recommendation regarding the FG forums. Try not to go back and edit your posts with info you want everyone to see. Editing does not send an update email out to the thread subscribers so it is very easy to miss the edited info as a lot of us will just read the original post email and not see the edited text in the forum.

Thanks for the info on updating. I didn't know that. I think starting 1 hour early wont be a problem, but I want to make sure with the other players.

Dakadin
August 27th, 2013, 01:23
I might be able to start 30 minutes earlier but an hour would be pushing it for me.

Nightfiend
August 27th, 2013, 01:28
Ok, so fare I have the following for starting the game at 6pm PDT (1am GMT). This will be an hour earlier then posted. I'm looking for input from the other players if this would be acceptable or not.

Trenloe = Yes
Dakaden = No but 30 min = yes

Nightfiend
August 27th, 2013, 01:31
What I might do is open the game up an hour early and see. If we have everyone early we can get started. If not we will wait till everyone is on board.

lachancery
August 27th, 2013, 02:18
What I might do is open the game up an hour early and see. If we have everyone early we can get started. If not we will wait till everyone is on board.
That works for me. I can be available for either start times.

Nightfiend
August 27th, 2013, 04:07
My reason for trying to adjust the time was because a couple people stated that it was a simi-late start for them, so I was trying to accommodate a sooner start to make things a little easier. I wasn't sure if everyone was on board or not so I wanted to see what the others preferred. Ill open the game up at 6pm PDT and see who shows up but the official start time will be 7pm. We will start early if everyone shows up early, if not ill take advantage of all the experience in the room. )

Since season 5, has anyone notice a decrease in the game time without the side objectives? I love the fact of not having to be bothered with the small side missions, but I'm wondering if the lack of content has made any of the adventures dry.

Dakadin
August 27th, 2013, 05:14
That is understandable. :) If everyone else can make it at 6pm PDT, then I will see what I can do to get off work a bit early. :D

Trenloe
August 27th, 2013, 05:31
Since season 5, has anyone notice a decrease in the game time without the side objectives? I love the fact of not having to be bothered with the small side missions, but I'm wondering if the lack of content has made any of the adventures dry.
I've just got back from playing a face-to-face season 4 scenario which finished early, mainly because for this scenario in particular the faction missions required a bit of role-playing and that was catered for in the design of the scenario to allow for that time. With this now being season 5 we didn't do the faction missions.

Remember that season 5 scenarios generally have 2-3 faction specific options within the scenario that can give boons to members of the specific faction. Hopefully GMs will think about these and present them in an interesting way. Of course, it is completely possible that a scenario is played purely by PCs who are in the other 5 factions so it is possible that there will be no additional faction flavour.

There's also the additional secondary goal - which is not always obvious, so this can provide additional mystery to the scenario.

Time will tell if these are done well or not and if the new faction format is a success.

Trenloe
August 27th, 2013, 05:33
Ok, so fare I have the following for starting the game at 6pm PDT (1am GMT). This will be an hour earlier then posted. I'm looking for input from the other players if this would be acceptable or not.

Trenloe = Yes
Dakaden = No but 30 min = yes
I was saying that I will probably need the extra hour (i.e. start at the original time) especially if flights get delayed. I'll know whether this is going to be an issue later in the week - the idea of starting when everyone arrives, early or not, could work...

lachancery
August 28th, 2013, 00:47
That is understandable. :) If everyone else can make it at 6pm PDT, then I will see what I can do to get off work a bit early. :D
Oh no, don't do that! There are others who are challenged by an earlier start as well! Avro and I will have some coffee during the game, and the next day. :)

Nightfiend
August 28th, 2013, 00:51
I was saying that I will probably need the extra hour (i.e. start at the original time) especially if flights get delayed. I'll know whether this is going to be an issue later in the week - the idea of starting when everyone arrives, early or not, could work...

LoL...ok I misunderstood. All is well, start time will be at 7pm PDT (2am GMT) as originally planed. For some reason I thought that everyone was having trouble with the start time. It looks as if everyone is actually ok with it now so we will stick to it.

Nightfiend
August 28th, 2013, 00:53
Oh no, don't do that! There are others who are challenged by an earlier start as well! Avro and I will have some coffee during the game, and the next day. :)

Ill bring coffee!

Nightfiend
August 28th, 2013, 00:57
There's also the additional secondary goal - which is not always obvious, so this can provide additional mystery to the scenario.

Time will tell if these are done well or not and if the new faction format is a success.

I don't think the secondary missions are available yet, for the older scenarios, are they?

lachancery
August 28th, 2013, 00:59
LoL...ok I misunderstood. All is well, start time will be at 7pm PDT (2am GMT) as originally planed. For some reason I thought that everyone was having trouble with the start time. It looks as if everyone is actually ok with it now so we will stick to it.
Heh, It's just the two east coast guys that will have to stay up late. All's good. Looking forward to the game :)

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 28th, 2013, 01:40
Hi Guys,
I just tried the FG Demo and watched Tutorials over it. Now I'm eager to try.
Would you be willing to play with a new guy? I'd like to play PFS more often than I do now.

lachancery
August 28th, 2013, 02:16
I just tried the FG Demo and watched Tutorials over it. Now I'm eager to try.
Would you be willing to play with a new guy? I'd like to play PFS more often than I do now.
Hey! We're a friendly bunch and we'd love to play with someone new to Fantasy Grounds, although Pathfinder Society has rules restrictions on how many characters (6) can play in a scenario. It is possible to make an exception to this rule and accept a 7th player, but I'm not sure how it applies to online play. I guess Nightfiend (the GM) will speak to Trenloe (our Venture-Lieutenant) and figure it out. Hang on!

And welcome to FG; hope you enjoy yourself!

lachancery
August 28th, 2013, 02:18
Hey Avro. Since all the other characters are around level 2, might be a good idea to bring a lower level character?

Nightfiend
August 28th, 2013, 03:32
Hey Avro. Since all the other characters are around level 2, might be a good idea to bring a lower level character?

Yep the level 6 will jump the tier to the 3-4 for sure. He said when he signed up had had a lower level and was placing the higher level in just in case we had the numbers for the higher tier.

Nightfiend
August 28th, 2013, 04:03
Dragonmaster, First let me welcome you to fantasy grounds. Somewhat new to the mechanics myself I can testify to a couple things. First, there is a small learning cure to FG2. 2nd, The players and GMs here are very open to helping you learn to use the virtual table top. I have invested a few weeks learning the program and with the help of the other players I am already attempting to run my first game. Although I don't think I'm probably the best to learn from, I do think the players in this up coming game are very experienced.

The table is currently sitting at 6 players. Assuming everyone shows up the table will be full for this game. If you are interested you could sign up on the calendar as an alternative. Jump into the game when it opens up. If someone cant make it you will be the first alternative. If everyone shows up you are welcome to stay in the game and observe, ask question, and see how it works. I will be opening more games assuming I don't get utterly destroyed in my first game.

If you have any questions at this point, I welcome you to ask them here. Guidance is free. :D

lachancery
August 28th, 2013, 04:12
I will be opening more games assuming I don't get utterly destroyed in my first game.
Haha! Don't you worry, there's at least Trenloe, Dakadin & I (not sure about the others) who have plenty GMing experience with FG to help you out, and we're all laid back too... Plus Bridget will be providing (or provoking) giggles and laughs too! ;)

Trenloe
August 28th, 2013, 04:26
I don't think the secondary missions are available yet, for the older scenarios, are they?
Not yet, no.

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 28th, 2013, 08:46
Hey! We're a friendly bunch and we'd love to play with someone new to Fantasy Grounds, although Pathfinder Society has rules restrictions on how many characters (6) can play in a scenario. It is possible to make an exception to this rule and accept a 7th player, but I'm not sure how it applies to online play. I guess Nightfiend (the GM) will speak to Trenloe (our Venture-Lieutenant) and figure it out. Hang on!

And welcome to FG; hope you enjoy yourself!

Sorry guys, I didn't realize the table was full yet. I guess I stay tuned then, in Order to join you for another adventure.
and thanks for the warm welcome!

avro5731
August 29th, 2013, 17:01
Not sure what is going on but I didn't get any emails on this thread...? Anyway drop me to 1st alt and give Dragon...Ben my slot (rather let someone new get to deal with you freaks and really mess with his mind).

If someone drops and since there are no caster types I can bring am Oracle, Alchemist, summoner, Sorcerer or Bard - all lvl 2.

Trenloe
August 29th, 2013, 17:40
Work flights confirmed, I should be back in time for the 7pm PDT start time! :-) As long as I'm not delayed... I'll be able to give a few hours notice on the day if there are flight delay problems... Looking forward to this - I'll email XML and last chronicle PDF soon...

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 29th, 2013, 19:16
Not sure what is going on but I didn't get any emails on this thread...? Anyway drop me to 1st alt and give Dragon...Ben my slot (rather let someone new get to deal with you freaks and really mess with his mind).

Does that mean I'm in for the run now? If yes, than thanks a lot :)
In any case, does a Lvl 3 Character fit for this adventure if the group's Lvl calculates to 2 ? Or must it be a Lvl 1-2 Character?

Trenloe
August 29th, 2013, 22:10
Does that mean I'm in for the run now? If yes, than thanks a lot :)
In any case, does a Lvl 3 Character fit for this adventure if the group's Lvl calculates to 2 ? Or must it be a Lvl 1-2 Character?
Level 3 is fine, it will keep the average party level (APL) still just above 2 so the subtier played will be 1-2.

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 30th, 2013, 00:09
Level 3 is fine, it will keep the average party level (APL) still just above 2 so the subtier played will be 1-2.
Cool, so I can bring my favourite character :)
Since I'm new to the program, I have to ask if the Demo is enough to play with you, or if I need to buy the License first to be able to join you at all?
Also, how can I do an xml of my character for the DM (I'm not using HeroLab - I prefer to create my characters oldschool with a pecil and a bunch of books)

Trenloe
August 30th, 2013, 00:31
Since I'm new to the program, I have to ask if the Demo is enough to play with you, or if I need to buy the License first to be able to join you at all?
Also, how can I do an xml of my character for the DM (I'm not using HeroLab - I prefer to create my characters oldschool with a pecil and a bunch of books)
Nightfiend has an ultimate licence so you don't need to buy a licence to play. However, as you are doing your character old school I would recommend you get a lite licence. This will allow you to use the "manage character" functionality to create your PCs in FG and maintain them between games. It also allows you to export the PC XML and send it to the GM before the game so they can check it and load it into FG ready for the game. Plus, any changes you make to the PC during the game will be accessible to you afterwards. Without a lite licence you are relying on getting a copy of your PC to the GM and them having to manually load your PC into FG for you, and this would happen every time you played.

Nightfiend
August 30th, 2013, 01:11
Cool, so I can bring my favourite character :)

Level 3 is ok, as Trenloe pointed out that will make the APL of the group 2nd. A lit-license would be best if you want to learn FG and play somewhat often. If you are intending to run with the free wear version then post a copy of your character ASAP so I can create the XML for you. You will need to upload your character and a pdf version of your last chronicle. If you have played this character, and bought anything since the release of season 5, then you will need to upload your inventory sheet as well. Follow the link below to register for the game.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1071

If you have questions post them here and we will answer them as best we can.

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 30th, 2013, 04:33
Thanks guys! I guess I will invest 24$ then, since it seems to keep things the most easy.
I'll post my XML on Monday or Tuesday, because I'll visit a Con over the weekend. I plan to play one or two scenarios with the same character there, so something might still change in matters of equipment.

lachancery
August 30th, 2013, 04:42
Similarly on my side, I am running a game tomorrow night which will get credited to my character for this scenario. I'll send the XML, chronicle sheet and inventory sheet over the week-end afterwards.

Nightfiend
August 30th, 2013, 06:18
Similarly on my side, I am running a game tomorrow night which will get credited to my character for this scenario. I'll send the XML, chronicle sheet and inventory sheet over the week-end afterwards.

Yep NP, should be seeing chronicles from people this week. Looking forward to your game, sounds fun.

Nightfiend
August 30th, 2013, 06:19
Thanks guys! I guess I will invest 24$ then, since it seems to keep things the most easy.
I'll post my XML on Monday or Tuesday, because I'll visit a Con over the weekend. I plan to play one or two scenarios with the same character there, so something might still change in matters of equipment.

Make sure that anything you buy over 25 gp is now accompanied by an inventory sheet. Makes things a lot easier for the GM.

Nightfiend
September 1st, 2013, 04:52
If possible I would like to receive character XML's, Inventory, and chronicle sheets no later then Tuesday. This will allow me time to review them and set them up in FG. If I haven't received them by Wednesday then I will assume the character will most probably not be making it.

Dakadin
September 1st, 2013, 08:18
I will try to have mine together for you tomorrow. Monday at latest. Sorry for the delay.

lachancery
September 1st, 2013, 17:17
Introducing Teian-Ragath, the Holy Warrior of Ragathiel

Teian was born from an arranged marriage between the daughter of a noble from Magnimar and an influential Hellknight sorcerer of the Order of the Gate. Having an Aasimar son in Cheliax was a disastrous curse for his father. After years of shielding Teian from bullies, scorn and increasing violence, his mother fled overnight with Teian back for her homeland.

In Magnimar, he drew the attention from a cult of the empyreal lord Ragathiel. As celestial blood could not be traced back in either of his parents, and the familiarity of Teian’s childhood to Ragathiel's, they deemed Teian an Omen of Ragathiel’s Will. The cult convinced the family to take over the care of Teian, rebirthing him Teian-Ragath, and indoctrinating him to become a Holy Warrior of the Faith.

Teian was later sent to join the Pathfinder Society, to uphold the cause of the Silver Crusade and respond to the troubles at the Worldwound.

Hellknight Order of the Gate: https://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Gate
Ragathiel: https://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Ragathiel
Angelkin: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-aasimar#TOC-Angel-Blooded-Angelkin-
Warrior of the Holy Light: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo---paladin-archetypes/warrior-of-the-holy-light

Nightfiend
September 2nd, 2013, 01:23
lachancery,

Everything loaded fine, and is ready to go. I will review all the linked information you have provided to ensure I am up to date with your character. Thanks for posting this with enough time for me to be able to review everything.

Nightfiend
September 2nd, 2013, 02:07
lachencery,

Just wanted to let you know, your last bought item, (armor) didn't get added to Teian. I am assuming because it was bought recently, you just forgot to add it to the character. If you want you can add it come game night, or make the change and upload a new xml, whatever is easier for you. Also nice character, is very spicy, and has an interesting back story tying in all the unusualness.

Nightfiend
September 2nd, 2013, 10:31
lachencery,

Ok my bad, I see this last chronicle is a (GM) credit. I am assuming you will be buying this item at the start of the session so all is well.

Trenloe
September 2nd, 2013, 22:09
Djub-Djub - Mulaa (Mwangi) Druid from the Mwangi expanse and his trusted companion Cheetah.

And level 1 chronicles (3 page PDF): 4930

Nightfiend
September 3rd, 2013, 02:33
Djub-Djub - Mulaa (Mwangi) Druid from the Mwangi expanse and his trusted companion Cheetah.

And level 1 chronicles (3 page PDF): 4930

Welcome aboard Trenloe AKA Djub-Djub,
Both xml's downloaded fine and are ready to go. Only adjustment I needed to make was for some reason FG doesn't assign the initiative bonuses from feats and traits so I applied those to correct your imitative. Look forward to seeing you Thursday.

Nightfiend
September 3rd, 2013, 02:39
Still need XML's and chronicles for Dakadin and Dragonmaster _ben. (Note) Dragonmaster, if you need help with a character please post here. We have a few people on standby who are willing to assist you to get up and running. Even if this means scanning a paper character and uploading it to the forum, or jumping in TS and verbally walking you through what you need to do.

Nightfiend
September 3rd, 2013, 02:53
Sounds like fun :) I have a 2nd level Ranger

Lachancery will have to fail the will save and join us....... :)

Still need an xml and chronicle from BridgetWilkerson also.

lachancery
September 3rd, 2013, 03:22
Ok my bad, I see this last chronicle is a (GM) credit. I am assuming you will be buying this item at the start of the session so all is well.
Gah! My bad actually! You just reminder me here I messed up my admin; in season 5, I am supposed to make purchases in presence of a GM, so I could not have bought that armor on my GM chronicle sheet. It will be at the beginning of this game. Since this game will be my 6th chronicle sheet, I have updated my inventory sheet with the right number. Attached to this message is the correct chronicle sheet #5 (from GMing).

Thanks for catching it! (And yes, I had forgotten to add the masterwork full plate on my character sheet; thanks for adding it.)

Dakadin
September 3rd, 2013, 03:40
All of my files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c6libkp7lsl7dol/tbLo7FffQ5

This is the first time I've leveled up a PFS character. Please let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2013, 04:08
This is the first time I've leveled up a PFS character. Please let me know if anything needs to be changed.
You get another 0 level spell. Other than that, looks OK to me...

BridgetWilkerson
September 3rd, 2013, 04:19
Dakadin helped me with the whole leveling issue. :) So my Ranger is hopefully done. On the notes section is just a list of items I will try and see if I can buy at the beginning of the game .

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x9vr4qjhqvxzyh1/vKdJKDad_s

Dakadin
September 3rd, 2013, 04:21
You get another 0 level spell. Other than that, looks OK to me...

Thanks Trenloe! I updated the XML file to include an extra 0 level spell.

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 3rd, 2013, 10:31
Yesterday was too busy for me, sorry. I'll do my XML right now. You'll get it in an hour or so.

Nightfiend
September 3rd, 2013, 11:04
Yesterday was too busy for me, sorry. I'll do my XML right now. You'll get it in an hour or so.

No problem Trenloe has offered to assist you if you have any questions.

Nightfiend
September 3rd, 2013, 11:17
All of my files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c6libkp7lsl7dol/tbLo7FffQ5

Welcome aboard Dakadin Download went well and all is updated in FG. See you Thursday.

Nightfiend
September 3rd, 2013, 11:39
Dakadin helped me with the whole leveling issue. :) So my Ranger is hopefully done. On the notes section is just a list of items I will try and see if I can buy at the beginning of the game .

Welcome BridgetWilkerson I downloaded your character and updated it in FG. I noted the items you wanted to buy on the note sections. As fare as upgrading a normal item to (MW), this can't be done nor can you upgrade a normal item to a special material. The following items can be bought but will have to be from scratch.
1. MW Brest Plate 350 gp
2. MW Cold Iron Longsword 3oo gp for (MW), 30 gp for Cold Iron= 330 gp
3. MW Alchemical Silver Longsword 300 gp for (MW), 90 gp for alchemical silver, and 15 gp for the long sword = 405 gp.
Total will come out to 1,085 GP
You currently have enough for this so these can be added to your sheet. (Note the following)
1. If you added the Cold Iron item to your character by mistake then I'm assuming you have a normal long sword in that slot that will be able to be sold.
2. Make sure to add the special material to the damage type so it will bypass the DR in FG
3. The alchemical silver weapon will deal 1 less damage because it is a softer material.
4. If you want to sell any of your existing items just list them in the note section and remove them from your inventory for encumbrance reasons. Seeing how you haven't yet played your first game at level 2, you will receive full value for the sold items.
5. Blaming Dakadin for the wrong price on the silver item LoL. :rv:

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 3rd, 2013, 12:41
I'd like to Attach the Data for you but the button doesn't work. You guys know some way around that?

Nightfiend
September 3rd, 2013, 12:53

Note: character 94307-1 / Haven, doesn't register with Paizo... need to log into Paizo and register this character. Wonder if the three chronicles also didn't get registered.

Nightfiend
September 3rd, 2013, 13:07
I'd love to play.

Manium,

You will need to select a new faction and let me know what it is so I can add it to your new chronicle and report it correctly.

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 3rd, 2013, 13:10
Since the Post-Attachment doesn't work, I downloaded dropbox. So here is Grimm Bookworm, Archivist and Master of Styles.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujcb7hn6dg7gng9/GrimmBookworm.XML

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlq88bqexwv7z2h/PFS%20Status%203_9_13.pdf

In the beginning of the next game I'd like to buy some Items: A Mithral Longsword and an Earthfire-Shuriken from the 2nd Jade Regent Book.

Beerholder
September 3rd, 2013, 17:01
Calendar group is filling up nicely. If there is room for 1 more, I'd gladly join. Not my first RPG or FG experience by far, but it is my 1st FPS character.

Dakadin
September 3rd, 2013, 18:35
5. Blaming Dakadin for the wrong price on the silver item LoL. :rv:

I will definitely take credit for that. :p

Nightfiend
September 4th, 2013, 02:47
Since the Post-Attachment doesn't work, I downloaded dropbox. So here is Grimm Bookworm, Archivist and Master of Styles.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujcb7hn6dg7gng9/GrimmBookworm.XML

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlq88bqexwv7z2h/PFS%20Status%203_9_13.pdf

In the beginning of the next game I'd like to buy some Items: A Mithral Longsword and an Earthfire-Shuriken from the 2nd Jade Regent Book.

Downloaded the xml, chronicle, and inventory. I will reviewing this tonight and ill post here if there is any issues.

Nightfiend
September 4th, 2013, 02:48
Calendar group is filling up nicely. If there is room for 1 more, I'd gladly join. Not my first RPG or FG experience by far, but it is my 1st FPS character.

Beerholder,

I would love to have you join, but at the moment the table is full. I may be running this again in the near future if you are still interested.

Nightfiend
September 4th, 2013, 02:57
I will definitely take credit for that. :p

Hay Dakadin,
could you help BridgetWilkerson get her character registered with Paizo? Will make reporting a lot easier.

Nightfiend
September 4th, 2013, 03:20

Assuming you want to buy them before the game and you have enough gold for them then you can add the items to your character and list them as items bought in the note section of the character. I believe Trenloe is going to add, effects to your character and hopefully re-post the xml to help save time. In regards to the Earthfire-Shuriken,I will have to find out if it is necessary to have completed that adventure path to be able to buy the items, specifically tied to that adventure.

Trenloe
September 4th, 2013, 03:32
In regards to the Earthfire-Shuriken,I will have to find out if it is necessary to have completed that adventure path to be able to buy the items, specifically tied to that adventure.
These are listed as legal for PFS play so they can be purchased: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/about/additionalResources

PFS doesn't tie things specifically to adventure paths, sourcebooks, etc.. Essentially, if it is legal for PFS play then it can be used (within the limits of any listed pre-requisites). If the player wants to create a background reason for having esoteric feats/traits/equipment/etc. it is up to them, but not a requirement.

Nightfiend
September 4th, 2013, 03:43
These are listed as legal for PFS play so they can be purchased: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/about/additionalResources

PFS doesn't tie things specifically to adventure paths, sourcebooks, etc.. Essentially, if it is legal for PFS play then it can be used (within the limits of any listed pre-requisites). If the player wants to create a background reason for having esoteric feats/traits/equipment/etc. it is up to them, but not a requirement.

Thanks Trenloe, First time I have come across this before, so learning as I go. BTW sent you a PM.

Dakadin
September 4th, 2013, 04:24
Hay Dakadin,
could you help BridgetWilkerson get her character registered with Paizo? Will make reporting a lot easier.

Yes I will help her do it tonight.

lachancery
September 4th, 2013, 05:10
I'd like to Attach the Data for you but the button doesn't work. You guys know some way around that?
I'm using Chrome and I experience this problem after visiting the Game Calendar. It switches the site to secure mode as confirmed by the https:// in the address field (url). At that point, Chrome refuses to open the manage attachment dialog. The work-around I have found is to close the window, come back to FG's site, and go straight to the forums, at which point Chrome is unsecured mode, and supports management attachments.

I'm not sure why Chrome is behaving this way. Other browsers might also behave this way - I didn't test it.

lachancery
September 4th, 2013, 05:13
[QUOTE=Nightfiend;156434]Welcome BridgetWilkerson I downloaded your character and updated it in FG. I noted the items you wanted to buy on the note sections. As fare as upgrading a normal item to (MW), this can't be done nor can you upgrade a normal item to a special material. The following items can be bought but will have to be from scratch.
1. MW Brest Plate 350 gp
2. MW Cold Iron Longsword 3oo gp for (MW), 30 gp for Cold Iron= 330 gp
3. MW Alchemical Silver Longsword 300 gp for (MW), 90 gp for alchemical silver, and 15 gp for the long sword = 405 gp.
Total will come out to 1,085 GP

Hmm. Bridget has three chronicle sheets. A first level character is able to turn in her equipment for full value until she hits level 2. I'm not sure if this has to be done on the third chronicle sheet, of it can be done at the beginning of the 4th one. In the latter case, then she could get full value for the common equipment she wants to "upgrade"?

Nightfiend
September 4th, 2013, 05:50
Hmm. Bridget has three chronicle sheets. A first level character is able to turn in her equipment for full value until she hits level 2. I'm not sure if this has to be done on the third chronicle sheet, of it can be done at the beginning of the 4th one. In the latter case, then she could get full value for the common equipment she wants to "upgrade"?

At the start of a Pathfinder’s career, you are allowed to
adjust your character before settling in for the long haul.
Before you level up a character for the first time, you
may change any aspect of it except its Pathfinder Society
Number. Changes may only be made between adventures
and before playing as a character above 1st level.

First bold area supports 3rd chronicle.
Second bold area supports beginning of 4th.
A little confusing. Maybe Trenloe can key in on this and shed some light.

BridgetWilkerson
September 4th, 2013, 06:50
Wow... I have complicated things a little :). But I believe everything is fine now. I am registered with the character. Sorry about that, I thought it was already done.

On the purchases, instead of the alchemical silver short sword I'll go the cold iron route so that I can avoid the minus in the attack. :) I'll sell back the extra swords i'm not using. Please let me know if there is anything I've forgotten or didn't do :).

Thank you :)

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 4th, 2013, 09:43
Assuming you want to buy them before the game and you have enough gold for them then you can add the items to your character and list them as items bought in the note section of the character. I believe Trenloe is going to add, effects to your character and hopefully re-post the xml to help save time.

Thank you guys for helping with the effects. Guess I'm not familiar enough to program everything by myself yet.
BTW since I made the xml in a rush, I completely forgot to note 2 important Abilities of my character:
"Lore" can be used to take 20 on 1 Knowledge check per day, and "Magic Lore" enables my Character to find and disable magic traps just like a Rogue does with his trapfinding ability. You can look them both up in the Advanced Players Guide, where they are listed for the Archivist Archetype of the Bard.
The Master of Styles Archetype belongs to the Monk BTW, I don't guess everyone reads those books completely and remembers everything.
One exotic Item of mine you might need to know of is a Jade Wayfinder. It works just like the Standard Wayfinder, but has the "Light" Spell replaced by "Guidance". It's from the Pathfinder Society Field Guide.

About the Items-Shopping: You mean the Note Section in the virtual character sheet, right? I wouldn't bother you with it but PFS rules say that the GM has to be present when buying stuff. Or how do you guys handle this?
One last Question: What about the Chronicle Sheets from an online adventure? You send it per e-mail or what? Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm the new guy.

Is it helpful if I write in more detail when I write about shopping?
A Mithral Longsword costs 1015 gp (500 per pound, or is this calculated AFTER reducing it's weight, which would half the price?)
An Earthfire Shuriken costs 400 gp and sets a target on fire when it doesn't make a DC 15 Reflex save when hit. Each round the target takes 1d6 fire damage until it can make the save to put out the flames.
Also, I need a Masterworks Thief's Tools for 100 gp to prevent killing myself while trying to disable a trap. I had an issue with this on my last game.
I'd sell my normal Longsword getting 7,5 gp for it.
All together this should cost 1507,5 gp which fits my budget well (around 1800 gp says my last chronicle sheet)

Trenloe
September 4th, 2013, 14:32
At the start of a Pathfinder’s career, you are allowed to
adjust your character before settling in for the long haul.
Before you level up a character for the first time, you
may change any aspect of it except its Pathfinder Society
Number. Changes may only be made between adventures
and before playing as a character above 1st level.

First bold area supports 3rd chronicle.
Second bold area supports beginning of 4th.
A little confusing. Maybe Trenloe can key in on this and shed some light.
A bit confusing, I know. As long as any purchases made before playing as 2nd level are clearly noted as such by the GM on the 4th chronicle sheet then that should be OK.

Trenloe
September 4th, 2013, 14:35
About the Items-Shopping: You mean the Note Section in the virtual character sheet, right? I wouldn't bother you with it but PFS rules say that the GM has to be present when buying stuff. Or how do you guys handle this?
That's why people note them there so that the GM is aware of them and they can be put on the next chronicle sheet before signing.

One last Question: What about the Chronicle Sheets from an online adventure? You send it per e-mail or what? Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm the new guy.
GMs usually attach them to the thread or put them in a dropbox folder and attach a link to that folder here. A GM will usually issue a draft sheet and then you will need to work with the GM after the scenario to complete the chronicle sheet with all information as once the sheet is digitally signed it can't be modified.

Have a look at other game threads to see how GMs have gone through the process - each GM may do it a little differently, but the end result should be a fully completed, signed chronicle sheet.

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 00:40

The in-game character sheet will stay attached after the game is over, allowing me to review it after the game for items players have listed that they would like to sell or buy. you can include as much information as you would like in this area. I will complete the chronicle and post it to the announcement web page. If there is something you would like different then what is listed, or if something is incorrect on the chronicle you can post a reply about it on same web posting. If you wish to buy an item before the game has started then you will list the item in the note section noting that it was an item bought before the game started and place the item on the character to be used during the scenario. I will list that item on the chronicle at the end of the scenario.

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 00:52
[QUOTE=Nightfiend;156434]Hmm. Bridget has three chronicle sheets. A first level character is able to turn in her equipment for full value until she hits level 2. I'm not sure if this has to be done on the third chronicle sheet, of it can be done at the beginning of the 4th one. In the latter case, then she could get full value for the common equipment she wants to "upgrade"?

I posted this question today on Paizo and pretty much got the same response Trenloe replied with. It is ok to redo your character and have things posted on the 4th sheet as long as you let the GM know this is to be done before the game starts so he can sign off on it.

Also your last chronicle has the number 59603-01, this number belongs to MoreQuesse your first character. I think Teian-Ragath is your 2nd character, so you might want to change this on his chronicles. I will note the 59603-02 on the new one for this scenario.

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 01:04
Wow... I have complicated things a little :). But I believe everything is fine now. I am registered with the character. Sorry about that, I thought it was already done.

On the purchases, instead of the alchemical silver short sword I'll go the cold iron route so that I can avoid the minus in the attack. :) I'll sell back the extra swords i'm not using. Please let me know if there is anything I've forgotten or didn't do :).

Thank you for taking care of that Bridget. I have noted the items you would like to buy and all looks fine. I do have a question regarding your current inventory. It shows you have a long-sword, a short-sword, and a cold iron long-sword. Is the cold iron long-sword currently in your inventory? Or was that put there in anticipation of buying one?

lachancery
September 5th, 2013, 01:51
Thank you for taking care of that Bridget. I have noted the items you would like to buy and all looks fine. I do have a question regarding your current inventory. It shows you have a long-sword, a short-sword, and a cold iron long-sword. Is the cold iron long-sword currently in your inventory? Or was that put there in anticipation of buying one?
I remember her buying a cold iron longsword in one of the scenario I ran for her.

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 02:09
I remember her buying a cold iron longsword in one of the scenario I ran for her.

Then the question becomes dose she want to buy another cold iron longsword? and a cold iron short sword. For a total of three swords? I'm ok with this but I want to make sure that she desires three swords.

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 03:09
A Mithral Longsword costs 1015 gp (500 per pound, or is this calculated AFTER reducing it's weight, which would half the price?)

Mithral long sword seems to be a long debate on the the way to calculate the cost. If based on the original weapon would be 2 lbs for a small long sword, and cost 1000gp in mithral + 15 for base price. 1015 gp. A lot of argument on the boards on this price being calculated based on the weight of the mithral item which would be 1/2. I am going to reserve making a decision on this till I have more input.

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 04:29
Ok Dragonmaster_Ben

I have inputted what I could into Hero Labs. I have added the items that you listed you wanted to buy. This includes the long sword. At the moment I am considering the price on that to be based on the original swords weight, but I am waiting to see if Tranloe or, one of our more experienced GM's will weigh in on the subject. The price will not be deducted from your gold till the new chronicle is calculated.

There are a few things that needed addressing. I will list the areas that got flagged in hero labs and needed to be reconsidered.

1. Monk requires you to be lawful of some type. Chaotic is not the right path for a monk. In order for this to pass with Hero Labs I adjusted you to LN. This can be changed at your request.

2. Obsessive requires you to select a profession or craft skill to gain its bonus. As fare as I can tell perform is not a profession or a craft. With your design I removed obsessive and added Academician (Alternative Racial trait) gives a +2 to a knowledge of your choice. I chose (Knowledge Local). Again this can be removed or changed at your choice.

3. You could select 2 more languages I selected Osiriani and Varisian. This can change at your request.

4. Flurry of blows is forfeited for your monk archetype.

5. Ugly old-man picture is now mandatory for making me do all this work LoL.;);););)

I will be exporting this into xml format and uploading it to FG. If you would like to make changes to this let me know. If you like the character pdf, Hero Labs allows you to create and print out these at will, export out to fantasy grounds, and keeps track of you scenarios, PP, and fame. You do spend a little on the program but it just ROCKS for fantasy games.

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 06:25
Ok after up loading this to FG, I was able to add what effects I think I could muster. I'm sure there is some that could be better. If some of our more Pro players could look this over and add what you think would help, we should be good to go.

Also Dragonmaster another thing I found after upload was done. You took the trait Guardian of the forge. This is a religious trait for the dwarven god Torag. You currently have Irori as your current god. You will either need to change gods or select a different trait.

sensuna
September 5th, 2013, 18:24
Hello, I just got introduced to Pathfinder, and the society play over last weekend at a convention and was curious if I could join your group. I am not familiar with FG at all, and could really use some help setting up... Mind if I tag along?

Trenloe
September 5th, 2013, 18:50
Hello, I just got introduced to Pathfinder, and the society play over last weekend at a convention and was curious if I could join your group. I am not familiar with FG at all, and could really use some help setting up... Mind if I tag along?
Welcome to the Fg forums.

This one-off game is full for tonight.

Nightfiend may allow you to join and lurk (quietly) - but I'm afraid we won't have time to handle questions during the game as this is a PFS scenario that has to be completed in the 1 session we have tonight so we will be limited in time.

It's up to the GM...

If you have general questions about getting setup to play PFS on Fantasy Grounds and you're not set up ready to go now (FG installed, TeamSpeak installed and have a headset with built in mic) it may be better if you read through the sticky threads in this Pathfinder Society forum and get yourself prepared for a future game that way.

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 5th, 2013, 19:19
I didn't realize that I lost track of some details there. Sorry for that! Here's what I change:

-Instead of the Guardian-Trait I choose "Scholar of the Great Beyond", effectively only moving a +1 Bonus from Engineering- to Planes-Knowledge.
-I wondered about Academician on my paper-sheet, thanks for reminding me that it's an alternate racial trait. I need to put it on History.

Everything else is ok with me:
Lawful Alignment will fit my character fine. LN will be ok I think.
I'm also ok with the languages.
Sorry for the Flurry of Blows. I leveled Grimm in a rush last weekend since our group had time-issues with the game-slots. I just forgot about that, but I'l keep the Archetype.

And then there's questions again: First of all, why does my character own 49 earthfire shurikens? I'd be fine with it, but is this correct? Second, are those destroyed if they hit an enemy? I mean, they are magic and all...
And last but now least: I have no clue how to import any of those files into my FG. When I click on "Manage characters" the only options are to build a new one or change existing ones, but there's no import function. Although I activated player's license.

Trenloe
September 5th, 2013, 19:34
Use the character converter to load the FG XML into manage characters (local cache) server post #8:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16961-How-to-export-PCs-ready-for-a-game

You will probably find the rest of thread useful too. :-)

Trenloe
September 5th, 2013, 19:36
Ammunition is destroyed if it hits it's target - there are some exceptions which will be noted in the ammo description. If it misses there is a 50% chance it can be used again - but you have to search for the ammo after the encounter.

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 5th, 2013, 19:45
Use the character converter to load the FG XML into manage characters (local cache) server post #8:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16961-How-to-export-PCs-ready-for-a-game

I'd love to do that, but I can't find any download-link to any Importer whatsoever on those topics https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15025-Utility-Character-Importer/page3

EDIT: Never mind, I found it already. This isn't userfriendly at all :P

Trenloe
September 5th, 2013, 20:58
This isn't userfriendly at all :P
Fantasy Grounds is a powerful application that attempts to recreate the tabletop gaming experience. As a result it is not like your typical windows application. I hope you've spent some time familiarising yourself with the player side of the application through the user guide and community videos before tonight's game? We will help out with some things during the game but you should have done some "homework" beforehand. :-)

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 5th, 2013, 21:07
OK, I imported the CHaracter, adjusted it and even got him a token :)
Looking forward to play with you guys in a few hours. Until then, I get a nap. I think I'll connect to TS around half an hour before the game starts.
I watched the linked Tutorial Vids and try to remember everything.

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 22:22
And then there's questions again: First of all, why does my character own 49 earthfire shurikens? I'd be fine with it, but is this correct? Second, are those destroyed if they hit an enemy? I mean, they are magic and all...
And last but now least: I have no clue how to import any of those files into my FG. When I click on "Manage characters" the only options are to build a new one or change existing ones, but there's no import function. Although I activated player's license.

(49) is obviously incorrect, (Wooot I'm rich, I'm rich!), it is (1). By default Hero Labs adds 50. I thought I had removed them down to (1), but it only removed (1). This has been corrected. Ill post the new pdf and a copy of your xml when the scenario is finished.

Shurikin being used up as a consumable. Answer to this should be no. this is a magic weapon, not an ammunition, so you should be able to retrieve it and reuse it like a spear or throwing axe.

There is an import tool that came with the software. you just need to know where to get it. You click on start menu, then all programs, then fantasy grounds II, then FG APP folder, then utilities. inside this folder is the tool to import and convert things to fantasy grounds. On the fantasy grounds web sight there is a tutorial that will walk you through it. You can import an xml from FG to FG and you can convert a Hero Labs character into FG.

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 22:27
Ammunition is destroyed if it hits it's target - there are some exceptions which will be noted in the ammo description. If it misses there is a 50% chance it can be used again - but you have to search for the ammo after the encounter.

Yep I stand corrected. Shurikins are ammunition. There is a 50% chance they are destroyed when used. They explains Hero labs adding 50 to the pdf.

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 5th, 2013, 22:28
Shurikin being used up as a consumable. Answer to this should be no. this is a magic weapon, not an ammunition, so you should be able to retrieve it and reuse it like a spear or throwing axe.

Yes, but did you consider what the Core Rules say about Shuriken? "A shuriken is a small piece of metal with sharpened edges, designed for throwing. A shuriken can't be used as a melee weapon. Although they are thrown weapons, shuriken are treated as ammunition for the purposes of drawing them, crafting masterwork or otherwise special versions of them, and what happens to them after they are thrown."
EDIT: You already answered that in the meantime. Well, the weapon sounded too good to be true... It will be saved for a critical moment when heads of the party are rolling :P

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 22:34
OK, I imported the CHaracter, adjusted it and even got him a token :)
Looking forward to play with you guys in a few hours. Until then, I get a nap. I think I'll connect to TS around half an hour before the game starts.
I watched the linked Tutorial Vids and try to remember everything.

(Make note) Use the character i have on file for tonight. what this means is when you log into the game tonight don't click the black upload button, wait for the characters to populate. You should see all the characters that will be here tonight. Yours will be included, then select your character from the there. I will assign the token from your character sheet. This will allow the sizing of the tokens to be the same. BTW I was kidding about your characters picture! If you have an image you like you can open the FG APP file and then click portraits. you can drag and drop an image into this folder and it should be available for you to use.

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 22:35
If you change your mind about the Earthfire shurikin before the game it is ok to remove it and not buy it.

Nightfiend
September 5th, 2013, 22:43

I'm totally ok with you jumping in and checking things out. This game will ahve (6) players and a pet so, as Trenloe stated, there wont be a lot of time for questions. Myself or others in the game will be happy to answer anything you have on these message boards and seeing we have another new player in the game tonight if I have time I might allow a small break for questions. This will depend on how quickly the game moves and how hungry the players get.

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 5th, 2013, 23:05
If you change your mind about the Earthfire shurikin before the game it is ok to remove it and not buy it.

Yes, it might be better to not buy it and use the money for some other equipment instead. I'd rather save it for a later game.

Trenloe
September 5th, 2013, 23:09
There is an import tool that came with the software. you just need to know where to get it. You click on start menu, then all programs, then fantasy grounds II, then FG APP folder, then utilities. inside this folder is the tool to import and convert things to fantasy grounds. On the fantasy grounds web sight there is a tutorial that will walk you through it. You can import an xml from FG to FG and you can convert a Hero Labs character into FG.
This is covered in the thread I linked to in post #101. The instructions were written specifically for importing characters for PFS games.

Nightfiend
September 6th, 2013, 00:07
This is covered in the thread I linked to in post #101. The instructions were written specifically for importing characters for PFS games.

Thanks Trenloe,

Hay what is your opinion on mithral weapon pricing? So fare I'm looking at 2 options being argued on the forums. 1st is 500 gp pr. pound of the original items weight. 2nd is 500 gp per. pound of the mithral items weight. The 2nd option would make the item 50% less then the first. So fare I have read arguments for both sides. I personally think the first option has more merit, because items with lower weigh end up coming close to, or less then, the cost of master work or silver. Both these qualities are present with mithral, and I don't see how the price of mithral being less then masterwork or silver making any sense.

Nightfiend
September 6th, 2013, 00:08
Yes, it might be better to not buy it and use the money for some other equipment instead. I'd rather save it for a later game.

Np Ill remove it from character. I agree this is not well spent gold.

Trenloe
September 6th, 2013, 00:41
Thanks Trenloe,

Hay what is your opinion on mithral weapon pricing? So fare I'm looking at 2 options being argued on the forums. 1st is 500 gp pr. pound of the original items weight. 2nd is 500 gp per. pound of the mithral items weight. The 2nd option would make the item 50% less then the first. So fare I have read arguments for both sides. I personally think the first option has more merit, because items with lower weigh end up coming close to, or less then, the cost of master work or silver. Both these qualities are present with mithral, and I don't see how the price of mithral being less then masterwork or silver making any sense.

Yeah, I'd say that it is the price per pound based off the weight of the normal weapon. This makes a mithral dagger 502gp rather than 252gp. HeroLab uses the original weight as well.

Nightfiend
September 6th, 2013, 01:11
Yeah, I'd say that it is the price per pound based off the weight of the normal weapon. This makes a mithral dagger 502gp rather than 252gp. HeroLab uses the original weight as well.

One last question then I should be good to go. Inventory sheets, Does the GM fill these out for the player or is it the player that updates this based on their chronicle?

Trenloe
September 6th, 2013, 01:15
One last question then I should be good to go. Inventory sheets, Does the GM fill these out for the player or is it the player that updates this based on their chronicle?
The player updates them. There is no longer the requirement for the GM to initial entries on the sheet. Think of this sheet as a table of contents with the bought, sold, used columns referring to the chronicle sheet number where that action occurred. All purchases and sales must still be put on the chronicle sheet and signed by the GM so that is where the GM is involved. It is up to the player to keep an accurate inventory tracking sheet for all purchases above 25gp since the start of season 5 (August 15th).

Nightfiend
September 6th, 2013, 01:34

Hay Bridget,
I went online and added you to to the game at Paizo. It now recognizes your number and auto populates your information. (Note the following) Your name is coming up as Haven1. If this is intended then things went well, if not I'm just letting you know. Also Paizo has Haven registered as Silver Crusade. Your last chronicle has Grand Lodge so one of these is wrong. I need to know which faction to report to if you are successful tonight.

Looking forward to a fun game tonight.

Dakadin
September 6th, 2013, 02:03
Hay Bridget,
I went online and added you to to the game at Paizo. It now recognizes your number and auto populates your information. (Note the following) Your name is coming up as Haven1. If this is intended then things went well, if not I'm just letting you know. Also Paizo has Haven registered as Silver Crusade. Your last chronicle has Grand Lodge so one of these is wrong. I need to know which faction to report to if you are successful tonight.

Looking forward to a fun game tonight.

Her character wasn't showing up because of a bug in Paizo website. It didn't show a character named Haven but wouldn't allow her to add it because it said it was already in use. We added the 1 to the end of the name so she would have a character listed with her PFS account.

Nightfiend
September 6th, 2013, 02:08
Her character wasn't showing up because of a bug in Paizo website. It didn't show a character named Haven but wouldn't allow her to add it because it said it was already in use. We added the 1 to the end of the name so she would have a character listed with her PFS account.

Hmmmm, first time I have seen that. Ok was just letting her know. I intend to report her faction as Grand Lodge. Is this ok seeing it is on her chronicle or did she intend to change it?

Trenloe
September 6th, 2013, 02:08
It means someone else has already registered Haven as a name for one of their PCs. A bit of a pain that you have to use a unique PC name across all 100,000+ registered players.

Nightfiend
September 6th, 2013, 02:12
It means someone else has already registered Haven as a name for one of their PCs. A bit of a pain that you have to use a unique PC name across all 100,000+ registered players.

Doh! I Didn't know that. So need to make sure name is available then. Ok I will be opening FG here soon. Trenloe sounds like he may be running a little behind so I am going to allow some of the new players to have some Q and A time if anyone wants to jump in and help them out some.....

Trenloe
September 6th, 2013, 02:20
Doh! I Didn't know that. So need to make sure name is available then..
Still use the name you want on your chronicle sheets etc. but just be aware that the PC name may have a number appended when reporting on the Paizo website.

Trenloe
September 6th, 2013, 02:21
Doh! I Didn't know that. So need to make sure name is available then..
Still use the name you want on your chronicle sheets etc. but just be aware that the PC name may have a number appended when reporting on the Paizo website.

Nightfiend
September 6th, 2013, 02:26
FG is open if there is any problems connecting post here.

Trenloe
September 6th, 2013, 09:26
Here is lachancery's season 4 boon - I've marked it off as used.

Nightfiend
September 6th, 2013, 09:45
Here is lachancery's season 4 boon - I've marked it off as used.

Thanks this will make things go faster for chronicle

Nightfiend
September 6th, 2013, 10:07
Before I post chronicles if anyone wants to buy anything they didn't think of during or before the game you can list it here and ill add it to the chronicle.

Nightfiend
September 6th, 2013, 10:35
BridgetWilkerson,

The last chronicle sheet you gave me has you listed as Grand Lodge faction. Paizo has you listed as Silver crusade. In the note section of your character, it says silver Crusade. I want to report your correct faction so I need to know which faction you are currently aligned with.

lachancery
September 6th, 2013, 13:33
Before I post chronicles if anyone wants to buy anything they didn't think of during or before the game you can list it here and ill add it to the chronicle.
Before the scenario, I bought a masterwork full plate (1,650 gp). After the scenario, I am buying five alchemist's fires (100 gp).

During the scenario, one charge of my wand of cure light wounds was consumed.

Attached is my boon chronicle sheet (Silver Crusade) as you asked yesterday. Thanks to Trenloe for marking it off.

Thanks for running the game - it was fun!

Trenloe
September 6th, 2013, 16:58
Thanks for running this, I enjoyed it. Highlighting, yet again, how important it is to make sure you have the basics covered in terms of equipment.

I'll get a list of purchases out to you later today. Just need to check the rules around using Cheetah as a pack Ape.

BridgetWilkerson
September 6th, 2013, 18:33
BridgetWilkerson,

The last chronicle sheet you gave me has you listed as Grand Lodge faction. Paizo has you listed as Silver crusade. In the note section of your character, it says silver Crusade. I want to report your correct faction so I need to know which faction you are currently aligned with.

It should be Silver Crusade. I picked the other one at character creation and then when it came to the last game and the time I had to commit I picked Silver Crusade.

I'll also purchase five alchemist's fires (100 gp). I'm an elf and didn't think i'd need them. HAHAHAHA

lachancery
September 6th, 2013, 20:52
It should be Silver Crusade. I picked the other one at character creation and then when it came to the last game and the time I had to commit I picked Silver Crusade.

I'll also purchase five alchemist's fires (100 gp). I'm an elf and didn't think i'd need them. HAHAHAHA
Heh! We sure did learn a valuable lesson there with that spider swarm!

@ Nightfiend: As part of level 1 respec'ing, Bridget was also able to change her faction until she raised to level 2.

Nightfiend
September 7th, 2013, 01:18

NP I just wanted to make sure I reported it correctly for you.

Note the following for making a change on the pdf that has the wrong faction on it.
https://www.pdfescape.com/account/?expired

Nightfiend
September 7th, 2013, 01:37
Thanks for running this, I enjoyed it. Highlighting, yet again, how important it is to make sure you have the basics covered in terms of equipment.

I'll get a list of purchases out to you later today. Just need to check the rules around using Cheetah as a pack Ape.

No problem, Ill post the chronicles as soon as everyone is ready.

Manium
September 7th, 2013, 01:47
I'd also like to purchase 5x Alchemist Fires! Hehe.

Thanks for hosting a great game, Nightfiend.

Dakadin
September 7th, 2013, 03:40
I don't need to make any purchases.

Thanks for running the game. I had a blast!

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 7th, 2013, 10:23
Thank you for running the adventure and inviting me over! I don't need to purchase anything afterwards (I prefer shopping right before the next adventure).

Nightfiend
September 7th, 2013, 11:20
Thank you for running the adventure and inviting me over! I don't need to purchase anything afterwards (I prefer shopping right before the next adventure).

Wanted to see if I have this correct. I have you down for (3) uses of MM wand, (1) use of Hydraulic Push wand, and (4) uses of cure light wounds wand.If you have something diffrent then this let me know and I'll update it.

Nightfiend
September 7th, 2013, 11:32
Here is the chronicles for Thursday. If something is off or incorrect let me know. I am waiting on Trenloe to see what he wants to buy. Here you all go and I enjoyed the game.

Trenloe
September 7th, 2013, 16:42
Purchases for Djub-Djub:

Masterwork Backpack: 50gp
Alchemist's Fire x5: 100gp
Tanglefoot bag x2: 100gp
Acid x2: 20gp
Alkali flask x2: 30gp
Holy water x4: 100gp
Total: 400gp

Thanks. :)

Nightfiend
September 7th, 2013, 22:09
Purchases for Djub-Djub:

Masterwork Backpack: 50gp
Alchemist's Fire x5: 100gp
Tanglefoot bag x2: 100gp
Acid x2: 20gp
Alkali flask x2: 30gp
Holy water x4: 100gp
Total: 400gp

Ok here you go Trenloe, All included. If something doesn't look right let me know.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2013, 00:13
Ok here you go Trenloe, All included. If something doesn't look right let me know.
That's great thanks.

For future reference - could all GMs please use the updated V1.1 chronicle sheet PFS form from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16899-Files-GM-tools-etc&p=127650&viewfull=1#post127650

There have been 2 updates to this - the main one being that it now marks all fields as read-only when the PDF is signed. The older version allowed changes after being signed - which kinda defeats the object...

Nightfiend
September 8th, 2013, 02:44
That's great thanks.

For future reference - could all GMs please use the updated V1.1 chronicle sheet PFS form from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16899-Files-GM-tools-etc&p=127650&viewfull=1#post127650

There have been 2 updates to this - the main one being that it now marks all fields as read-only when the PDF is signed. The older version allowed changes after being signed - which kinda defeats the object...

Ok downloaded the form, and I am ready to go with it. Do i need to redo these into the new form and re-upload it? Then question #2, after reading some of the discussion about the chronicle, have we determined if these are legal or not? If not I do have a scanner and can hand sign the PDF if need be.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2013, 03:41
Then question #2, after reading some of the discussion about the chronicle, have we determined if these are legal or not? If not I do have a scanner and can hand sign the PDF if need be.
Yes, doing an electronic chronicle that has all of the information specific to what the PC earned in the scenario, is in the same format as the current chronicle sheet, has all of the correct player and GM info and is electronically signed is absolutely fine and PFS legal.

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 8th, 2013, 10:10
Wanted to see if I have this correct. I have you down for (3) uses of MM wand, (1) use of Hydraulic Push wand, and (4) uses of cure light wounds wand.If you have something diffrent then this let me know and I'll update it.
I noted only 2 uses of Cure Light Wounds. If you remember me using it any more times, you're invited to remind me of the situations. I remember healing myself when the spiders attacked me and one time healing the Paladin. The cleric cared for the groop's health most of the time.

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 8th, 2013, 14:16
Question: As a Lvl 3 Character, doesn't Grimm fall into the "Out-of-Subtier" Category listed in the current Guide to PFSOP page 32? My last GM applied it on me after playing a Tier 1 - 2 Scenario and told me it was to not weaken my character, so he gave me average gold as listed (It was about 1200 gp, average from 519gp on Tier 1-2 and 1888gp on Tier 4-5). You can see that on my last Chronicle sheet https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlq88bqexwv7z2h/PFS%20Status%203_9_13.pdf
Here is what the Guide says:
"Out-of-Subtier gold: The Out-of-Subtier value was introduced in Season 5; therefore, Chronicle sheets from Seasons 0–4 do not include these wealth tables for normal or slow progression. The Out-of Subtier gold value is the average of the high and low subtiers; for slow progression it is half the normal Out-of-Subtier value, rounded down."
So don't I get more than just 501gp? It seems very little to me.

Nightfiend
September 9th, 2013, 02:29
I noted only 2 uses of Cure Light Wounds. If you remember me using it any more times, you're invited to remind me of the situations. I remember healing myself when the spiders attacked me and one time healing the Paladin. The cleric cared for the groop's health most of the time.

At the beginning of the scenario I asked everyone to keep track of their consumables in the note section of their character sheet. At the end of the scenario I noted you had nothing noted. Knowing you had consumed some charges from your CLW wand, I asked you why this wasn't noted in the note section, as I had requested. You stated, "I keep track on my inventory sheet." I asked you how many usage's you had listed down on that sheet. You stated " I have no idea." I Then requested you post a copy of the sheet on the message board so I could compare it to the one I had on file. I gave multiple days for this to happen, and I still haven't seen the sheet. So I did the next best thing, which was a rough estimate rounding UP to what I thought it was. After posting 4 usage's on your chronicle, I now get a response that I overestimated. Funny how that worked out. Thank you for replying, although I still haven't seen the sheet. Not that it matters at this point. I personally don't think 2 usage's of the CLW wand is even worth discussing, so I will make the correction as requested. In the future, to avoid this kind of misunderstanding, please follow instruction when it comes to the documentation I require to complete things in a timely manner. An argument could be made it that it is the responsibility of the GM to track all the consumables. In most cases I would agree, but in this case I was extremely inundated with keeping the scenario going, tracking all the npc stuff and trying to teach the new player in the group how to play using the FG frame work. Keep in mind I just stayed up all night, no less then six strait hours, working on your character to get it ready to play. As fare as the sub-tier gold, I will look into this and make the correction for I believe you are correct.

Nightfiend
September 9th, 2013, 03:01
Ok, everything should be correct I hope. look this over and see if everything looks good and let me know if it doesn't

Dragonmaster_Ben
September 9th, 2013, 10:32
Excuse me Nightfiend, but I wrote the status of all my wands in the FG chat window when we were ending our game, so you could compare the new sheet status with the one you downloaded. Because of this, I was assuming you had the information already and was surprised by myself to read your question. Before this I did get no request to post the remaining charges again in the forums whatsoever. I don't get why this was so important to you anyway, because I kept track of my charges myself. I crossed a field everytime I used a wand, because that's what the sheet is for. So you don't have to mind everything by yourself, since I kept my sheet actualized while gaming.
So this seems to be a misunderstanding. I hope you won't hold a grudge for no reason.

At the beginning of the scenario I asked everyone to keep track of their consumables in the note section of their character sheet.
Also, I wasn't aware that included every charge of my wands. I bought all the new items before the scenario and nothing during the game, so I thought there was nothing to note. Please don't blame me for not knowing your house rules.

I think what we can learn out of it is that we shouldn't asume any arrangement during a game to be sure. (Since we did a long game and everybody was tired) Better to post everything important on the forums again, than to asume nobody missed anything important. Posts can be reread at any time.

lachancery
September 9th, 2013, 18:50
Excuse me Nightfiend, but I wrote the status of all my wands in the FG chat window when we were ending our game, so you could compare the new sheet status with the one you downloaded.
I don't mean to interfere, but, for future reference, the chat window is logged on the server side in the file chatlog.html in the campaign directory.

As GM, I use it in almost every scenario I run to track back information that happened during the game.

Nightfiend
September 10th, 2013, 02:28
I don't mean to interfere, but, for future reference, the chat window is logged on the server side in the file chatlog.html in the campaign directory.

As GM, I use it in almost every scenario I run to track back information that happened during the game.

Ya I went through this to try and determine the correct usage. Something happened when the game crashed and that information was lost. Not sure why, but it was. Thanks for the information though, this would have helped.

Nightfiend
September 10th, 2013, 02:41
Also, I wasn't aware that included every charge of my wands. I bought all the new items before the scenario and nothing during the game, so I thought there was nothing to note. Please don't blame me for not knowing your house rules.

I think what we can learn out of it is that we shouldn't asume any arrangement during a game to be sure. (Since we did a long game and everybody was tired) Better to post everything important on the forums again, than to asume nobody missed anything important. Posts can be reread at any time.

I do not hold grudges, so rest assure this is not the case. I asked everyone to list consumables in the note section of their character. Throughout the scenario, as people used things, I asked again with each usage to note the usage in the notes. I don't doubt you correctly had marked this on your paper sheet. I did not look at the chat log when I logged out, because I made no assumption it would be there, seeing I had asked for this information in the note section. No one else had any problem with this request. The reason for this, is because I am required to note the usage on the chronicle and sign off on it. As fare as I know, this is an expectation of every GM. You guys fought hard and long and deserve what you earned so please enjoy the chronicle. Helping the GM document things as the game progresses speeds things along. I try and keep up with consumables, but I like to confirm what I have with the player, so I can make sure the chronicle is correct.