PDA

View Full Version : 4E New War of the Burning Sky - Looking for players

Phoenixon
August 25th, 2013, 00:51
Hello everyone,

I am starting a new War of the Burning Sky campaign in the 4E ruleset starting with the first module and; gaugeing by interest, continuing for as long as the players want. I am looking for a party of five, but can go as high as six if we get too many applicants.

I'm fairly new to FG and I only have a Full license, so you need at least a Lite license to join this campaign. I am also new to DMing with FG and this will be my first adventure with the tool. I do have previous DMing experience from AD&D and also from 4E back when it came out using completely different tools. As a result the start may be a bit rocky, a little rusty, but I'm sure we'll all have a blast regardless.

Required reading is the War of the Burning Sky players guide. You can get it for free from several sources, so google it and familiarize yourself with it. I would also recommend that each player have a basic knowledge of core rules in 4E. Everything else can be taught and found out as a group.

I do want to start this adventure at level 1, so new characters are recommended. There are also certain advantages available in the campaign for players who want to tailor their background to fit the story. (more info in the players guide). We will not be using Players Handbook 3 for this adventure, so do not use classes and powers from that book. All ability score rolls will be done in the client, so if you make a local character leave those blank in the beginning.

Finally, my timezone is BST+1 (GMT+2) and I study all days of the week. This means sessions will either be on Sundays, or after 4pm BST+1 during weekdays. I'll leave this fluid until I get players in and we will all work out a time together to have sessions. I'm aiming for 1 session per week, but I will consider 2 sessions if I get a really enthusiastic player group.

Please leave a message ITT or add me on Skype if you are interested!

TL;DR
Campaign: New WotBS.
Gametime: BST+1.
Need Players: 5 (+1 maximum) (1 slot filled).
Starting level: 1.
Required license: Lite or higher.
Required reading: WotBS Player's Guide.
Banned classes: Player's Handbook 3.
Skype name: JoeBPlenty.

windscar18
August 25th, 2013, 03:25
Hm, I could be up for this, but it would definitely requiring some scheduling. I would probably only be able to run on Mondays with that time. But, if that's fine, I could definitely have a go around with this.

someoneinatree
August 27th, 2013, 01:12
Might be interested if it was to be played around 12noon on Sundays UTC+2. :)

Phoenixon
August 27th, 2013, 15:40
Noon on sundays works just fine for me, as does mondays. So far I have 1 slot that is filled for sure, and 4 free slots. As I understand it windscar18 and chezcaliente do not have a chance to play during the same time, but we'll try and work something out when we get a complete playergroup. Feel free to add me on skype if you have questions about anything!

skybluerob
September 1st, 2013, 21:12
Hello,

I would be interested in joining this game. Sunday noon is good with me.

Rob.

Creek Indian
September 16th, 2013, 00:35
12PM UTC on Sunday would work for me, I would like to join the campaign.

I have been playing 4e for about 3-4 months with a group on Sundays and now have some experience with the system.

jperry13
September 16th, 2013, 01:44
I would be interested in playing as well. I am new to FG2 and I have limited experience with 4E, but I have been playing around with it for a little while.
I could do Sundays at 1200 UTC... it would be a little bit early for me, at 0500, but it'll keep distractions down as I have two little boys in the background. I travel for work every once in awhile, but unless I am out of internet connection it should be all good.

Cheers,
JP

MMOaddicted
September 18th, 2013, 14:54
I would be interested in playing this. I have some FG 2 and 4 e experience my schedule is very much like yours with the same timezone even! so I'll only have to balance it with my other rpg's one starts sunday 1am and the other may be dead as no response from the gm for quite some time.

Adamus
September 18th, 2013, 23:25
I would like to play too!!! I can do monday evenings or sunday afternoons. Ive played quite a few 4e games on FG. GMT-4 timezone.

monkinmeditation
September 27th, 2013, 22:33
Hello,

I'm not sure if this campaign is still in play, but if so, I'm certainly interested in starting a new game. I do have some experience with FG and 4E, but it's been a while since I've played, and I'm looking to get back into it.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.