PDA

View Full Version : Remove "Campaign Saved"

tcosta1982
August 24th, 2013, 15:56
Hi there Community,

I am trying to do something very simple, but have yet to be successful.

So, I have my modified pathfinder character sheet, and a great group of gamers, but the constant "Campaign Saved" in the chat box gets in the way of me seeing legitimate messages one after another.
Does anyone know where the code is that prints out "Campaign Saved" on the chat log is? I would really like to get rid of it.

Thank you,
Tony

Trenloe
August 24th, 2013, 16:04
I think this is built into the FG base code and is not within the ruleset - it can't be modified by users.

tcosta1982
August 24th, 2013, 16:27
That's what I was afraid of...

Moon Wizard
August 27th, 2013, 00:21
The message occurs when the auto-save occurs, which is approximately every 5 minutes. Are you using FG in more of a play-by-post manner?

Thinking about it, I'm not sure that it really a big deal if the message prints to chat. I think it is more of a reminder of what is happening, and may occasionally pause for a quarter second while it takes a snapshot of the data to save.

Thanks,
JPG

tcosta1982
August 27th, 2013, 02:34
If I used it in that manner, I would agree with you. But I use it as a virtual table top, running my game in Skype for voice. When information is in the chat box it is VERY important. And with games running 4+ hours, I have to search through a lot of fluff in order to get to the information I need.