PDA

View Full Version : connection difficulty?

ysabeau1
August 23rd, 2013, 03:49
Tried for about 10 minutes starting at 9:15 CDT to allow a player to connect, with incomplete results. He could see his updated character sheet, but I couldn't see him or communicate with him in the game. He also couldn't see anything on my maps. We obviously weren't completely connected, or the connected was broken somehow, although it didn't boot him. I tried exiting and reloading the game, and performing a connection test, which failed. Then, after we had both disconnected in frustration and quit for the night, it all magically started working. Was this due to a server issue or do I have a bad setting somewhere?

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2013, 16:52
Sounds like you or the player had a flaky Internet or local network connection. If the player managed to connect to that means that Fantasy Grounds is accepting the connection. If there are then download issues or data not displaying this is more than likely a network connection problem - especially when it magically started working.

If either of are using a wireless network make sure that the signal strength is good (sit close to the wireless router or use a physical cable connection if you can).

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2013, 16:53
Sounds like you or the player had a flaky Internet or local network connection. If the player managed to connect to that means that Fantasy Grounds is accepting the connection. If there are then download issues or data not displaying this is more than likely a network connection problem - especially when it magically started working.

If either of are using a wireless network make sure that the signal strength is good (sit close to the wireless router or use a physical cable connection if you can).