PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a group for PFS Sanctioned Module Fun?

Skellan
August 22nd, 2013, 15:27
I ran Feast of Ravenmoor earlier in the year and I thought it was great fun and it had a different feel to it than than the usual pfs scenarios, as it was more laid back in terms of time restraints and allowed people to explore their characters etc. Anyway, I fancy running another one, and perhaps one for higher level characters as it tends to be harder to get games as you get higher level. I am happy see who is interested and take it from there.

I haven't posted this in the usual way as it will need a weekly commitment for about 3 or 4 weeks, (Though Ravenmoor only took 2) and I expect it limit who can make it. We can see who is available and work out which module would be best. I am happy to run any of them.

It will probably start in a couple of weeks time, probably on a Sunday, or alternate fridays evenings bst. Though we may be able to work out some other time.

Anyway, hopefully that wasn't too vague! If you are interested let me know below, and we will take it from there...

Malkavian_Andi
August 22nd, 2013, 15:45
Depending on the game time and module, I might be interested. I'm usually not available on Sundays and Tuesdays, because I meet with my local Pathfinder groups on those days. Some days depend on game time, I often play games that are scheduled for 7 pm or 8 pm CST, so a few hours of evening time BST are still possible then.

Nickademus
August 22nd, 2013, 18:26
I'm always up for module play. Problem for me is usually the time (I work on the weekends). So I'll see what the details are.

Hakeem is currently only lvl 2, but if I recall correctly I can play a pregen and hold the chronicle until he hits the tier.

Malkavian_Andi
August 22nd, 2013, 21:47
but if I recall correctly I can play a pregen and hold the chronicle until he hits the tier.Until he hits the level of the pregen (which is important if you play a level 4 pregen in a tier 3-5 module, for example). Alternatively, you may play a pregen and apply the chronicle to a level 1 character, reducing the gold gained to 1398 (Guide to PFS Organized Play, p. 29).
But there are also some Tier 2-4 modules, so you have some options to actually play Hakeem in a module.

(and just so Skellan knows, I already ran "Masks of the Living God" as a GM in the past, and also played "Crypt of the Everflame" as a non-PFS game)

RobG
August 23rd, 2013, 09:50
I'm interested, I currently have Friday evenings (BST) free, but every second Sunday I'm running Rise of the Runelords at this pub in London so can't commit to a regular Sunday thing.

I've got a 2nd Level Paladin and a 4th Level Monk I could use. Not that keen on the Paladin, last game he seemed to spend most of his time lying on his back at the bottom of a pit.

Maybe my wife will play using her 4th level Illusionist or 3rd level Conjurer.

Myrddin
August 23rd, 2013, 10:35
I'd be interested, but only have a L2 Bard character at the moment. Saturday / Sunday evenings work well for me, from about 8pm onwards...any earlier is difficult as I need to get kids to bed. I am running a PF game on Sunday evenings, but this is typically every third or fourth Sunday.

Skellan
August 23rd, 2013, 10:47
Ok cool. I guess it would help if I put the times I can run it :)

I could do GMT friendly times on:
Alternate Fridays
Alternate Saturdays
Any Sunday

I guess that narrows it down a bit. Unfortunately, you can rarely please everyone with these things, so sorry if you end up missing out. I will try to make it up in future if I can :)

Perhaps alternate Fridays evenings BST are looking good so far?
As you probably know, if we do go for fortnightly sessions it will 'lock' your character for around 6 - 8 weeks and they will be unable to play in other pfs games until we have finished. Not necessarily a problem, but worth mentioning :)

From the character level mentioned, we are possibly looking at modules in the lvl 3-5 range.

These include:

Carrion Hill

A dark urban horror adventure for 5th-level Pathfinder Roleplaying Game characters.

The strange city of Carrion Hill has long loomed over the surrounding swamps in eastern Ustalav, yet its rulers have shifted many times through the centuries. Often enough that only a few sinister scholars and curious minds know the true nature of the hill’s original inhabitants—vile and depraved cultists of the Old Gods. Yet this morning, a dreadful recrudescence rises from the depths of buried nightmare in the vaults below Carrion Hill. A monster stalks the twisted alleys of the city, spreading panic before it and leaving destruction in its wake. Can the Carrion Hill Horror be stopped?

Carrion Hill is an adventure for 5th-level characters, written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and compatible with the 3.5 edition of the world’s oldest RPG. The adventure features a mix of urban and dungeon sites, and draws its inspiration from the popular writings of H. P. Lovecraft.

This adventure is set in the sinister country of Ustalav in the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting, but can easily be adapted for any game world.

City Of Golden Death

An adventure for 5th-level Pathfinder Roleplaying Game characters.

The Price of Greed

In the center of Lake Encarthan looms the dreaded Isle of Terror, accursed land of mystery and treachery. Hidden within the island's negative energy storms, the secret treasure city of the wizard-king Tar-Baphon has lain sealed for centuries. Now masked cultists have opened the golden city of Xin-Grafar to claim the wealth of the legendary city for the Living God Razmir. Can the PCs track the cultists through the poisoned swamps and blasted wastelands of the Isle of Terror to the City of Golden Death itself? And what forgotten dangers will oppose them as they struggle to prevent a dark faith from spreading across the world?

City of Golden Death is an adventure for 5th-level characters; it is written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and is compatible with the 3.5 edition of the world's oldest RPG. The adventure features a mix of wilderness and dungeon sites and includes a race through a ruined, golden city to stop evil cultists before the city floods with molten gold!

This adventure is set on the legendary Isle of Terror in the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting, but it can be easily adapted for any game world. It can be used as a stand-alone adventure or as the final chapter of the Price of Immortality trilogy, following the adventures Crypt of the Everflame and Masks of the Living God.

Written by Joshua J. Frost

Fangwood Keep

Claim the Castle!

Fangwood Keep has changed hands innumerable times since its founding decades ago on the border between the warring nations of Molthune and Nirmathas. Over the years, both countries have sacrificed money and soldiers in an effort to control the fortress along the Marideth River valley, both for its tactical location and for its secure defenses. Recently, however, the battles around Fangwood Keep have dwindled to a trickle as Nirmathas has firmly rooted itself in the surrounding valley, allowing the tide of war to shift elsewhere and peace to settle at last over Fangwood Keep.

This respite was shattered by the arrival of a renegade Molthuni commander named Pavo Vos. Obsessed with capturing Fangwood Keep and unraveling the fortress’s mysteries, the defecting lieutenant unlawfully used his platoon to secure the castle, much to the ire of both the Molthuni and Nirmathi governments. Now the task of bringing Vos to justice and reclaiming Fangwood Keep for Nirmathas lies solely in the PCs’ able hands.

"Fangwood Keep" is an adventure of infiltration, investigation, and dungeon exploration for 4th-level characters, written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and compatible with the 3.5 edition of the world’s oldest RPG. This volume also contains a gazetteer of the Marideth River valley and a brand-new monster from the bizarre realm of the fey, both of which can easily be integrated into any campaign setting.

Written by Alex Greenshields.
Cover Art by Alex Aparin.

The Midnight Mirror

A horror and investigation adventure for 4th-level characters

The sleepy town of Karpad in shadow-haunted Nidal has long been overseen by the Boroi family, and until a few weeks ago, the citizens under Baron Stepan Boroi's rule have lived uneventful lives of relative peace. Recently, however, the outbreak of a virulent and fatal disease and a number of mysterious disappearances have left the people of Karpad paranoid and fearful. Even Baron Stepan has been acting strangely, and now the tenuous balance of racial tensions between Karpad's human and fetchling populations stands on the verge of collapsing into total anarchy. Can the PCs uncover the root of Karpad's problems and put an end to the deadly virus, the terrifying disappearances, and the miasma of fear and distrust that threatens to overwhelm the region?

Written by Sam Zeitlin, 2011's winner of Paizo Publishing's annual RPG Superstar contest—in which unpublished authors compete before a panel of celebrity game designers and legions of their peers for the chance to write a Pathfinder Module—The Midnight Mirror takes players from a mysterious investigation into a shadowy demiplane prison and pits them against the evil forces of both darkness and light.

The Midnight Mirror is an investigation and horror adventure for 4th-level characters. This volume also contains a fully-detailed gazetteer of the town of Karpad and a new magic item that are sure to add depth and flavor to any campaign.

Pathfinder Modules are 32-page, high-quality, full-color, adventures written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and compatible with the 3.5 edition of the world’s oldest RPG.

Skellan
August 23rd, 2013, 10:53
Hi Myrddin
Sorry, we posted about the same time so I didnt see your post till after I had posted the above. Alternate Saturdays are possible for me, and the level/module isnt decided yet, I am just giving various options at this stage :)

Malkavian_Andi
August 23rd, 2013, 13:36
I suppose Fridays would be best for me, don't know about Saturdays, I often have other events on Saturdays.

Looks like those modules are mainly of the horror/investigation genre. Let's see which of my characters are good for that:
Sesquipedalix - level 2 rogue, level 4 witch (the level is probably a bit high; also I'd have to check if I plan to play him at any point in the future)
Xagh - level 4 inquisitor (again, I play that one a lot, so he might not be available.)
Anorhén - level 3 oracle
Khalil - level 3 rogue
Ek-Valit - level 1 (still no adventures played with that one, so he wouldn't meet the prerequisite level)
Pietro - level 2 oracle

Blackfoot
August 23rd, 2013, 16:08
Flower Power and I could possibly do one of these with our 5th level Cavalier/Ranger team.. depending one when it was to happen.
Fridays would be out because of timezone issues but Saturday or Sunday might be doable on 'no kid' weekends. We have 'no kids' this weekend and they alternate... so we'd probably be good every other weekend after that.

Skellan
August 23rd, 2013, 17:26
Ah yes, I remember the Halfling Cavalier/Ranger team :) Hopefully it will work out - I think some 5ths would be needed for some of those scenarios.

Blackfoot
August 23rd, 2013, 17:50
Ah yes, I remember the Halfling Cavalier/Ranger team :) Hopefully it will work out - I think some 5ths would be needed for some of those scenarios.
Midnight Mirror or Carrion Hill would both work... (I'm not all that excited about the City of Golden Death.. but we of appropriate level for that one too)

Skellan
August 23rd, 2013, 18:01
I quite fancy one of those 2 as well

Blackfoot
August 23rd, 2013, 18:55
Actually.. Fangwood Keep looks like it would work as well since Modules have a specific Level (4 in this case) and the PCs can be within 1 level of it... 3-5

RobG
August 24th, 2013, 07:11
I've done Midnight Mirror with Hawkwind, was good but traumatised my character :-)

rogerv
August 24th, 2013, 10:04
I would be interested too. Can do most Fri/Sat/Sun nights after 8pm BST apart from the ones that I'm in the same game as Myrddin. Only have a level 1 char at the moment but happy to play a pregen to suit. No particular preferences for module, not played or GMed any of them.

Skellan
August 24th, 2013, 12:43
You'd be welcome Rob. I guess it may work out better with a pregen as it wont tie up your main character and could mean you have some loot waiting for you when you reach higher levels

Rose Claymore
August 29th, 2013, 02:37
I should probably check for forum more than once or twice a month!

I'd definitely be interested in playing any of these modules, and I have several characters in the proper level range. City of Golden Death migh be fun, as I'm playing the prequel Masks of the Living God this Saturday with my local group. Any of the others would be great though.

Do we have a set time yet, or are you still taking suggestions? Saturday's are unfortunately completely out for me, but any other day would work. If it's in the evening my time (GMT -7) Trystan could play as well, but if it's earlier I could play while she's at work.

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 29th, 2013, 12:12
Hi everyone, I'm the new guy :) New to FG at least, but eager to try!

I'd love to play any of those modules, so when there is a date set and you still got room at your virtual table, please tell me!
My highest PFS Character will just reach Lvl 3 this weekend at a Con, BUT I'm eager to play any pregenerated characters and fill any roll that might round the party well.
I'd like to use the chronicle sheets to level up some 1st Lvl Characters for them to start as a multiclass. I had some special concepts in mind for them, so if I'd play them with only one of two classes claimed, they'd feel incomplete to me.

Keep up the playfull spirit! :)

avro5731
August 29th, 2013, 16:20
I'm interested but I would need to lvl someone to the required lvl tier. When are you looking at starting?

Syndrome
August 29th, 2013, 23:31
i could play on sunday if this is still up for discussions lol :P

Skellan
August 30th, 2013, 00:59
Thanks for your input everyone. I have a few rl issues I am dealing withat the moment, but I will run a module in a couple of weeks or so. I will try and get the best time I can and popular module. I will make an announcementnext week about it :)

Skellan
September 1st, 2013, 12:58
I finally went for running Fangwood Keep on alternate Fridays, starting on 13th September

If you are interested, sign up here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19492-PFS-Sanctioned-Module-Fangwood-Keep&p=156233#post156233

Sorry, for those who missed out on this. Its a hard situation where I can't please everyone. I will try and make it up to those that missed out when I am scheduling future games.