PDA

View Full Version : #3-05: Tide of Twilight: Sunday 25th August 6.00pm BST London time

Skellan
August 22nd, 2013, 00:17
#3-05: Tide of Twilight: Sunday 25th August 6.00pm BST London time

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for Levels 1–5

In researching a recently recovered druidic lorestone, the Pathfinder Society learns of a powerful artifact with the power to turn men into bestial abominations. Amid claims of increased werewolf activity in the region, the PCs travel into the heart of the Verduran Forest to retrieve the valuable relic from a cabal of evil druids believed to currently hold it.

Written by Ron Lundeen.

Please sign up on the calendar https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1067 if you would like to play and post your character to this thread.
To play you must have your characters' chronicles available in electronic format. I use a free dropbox account to store mine and you could just link to your dropbox when you sign up, but how you want to store them is up to you. I will normally ask for chronicles from at least one player at random and go through them etc. This isn't because I think people are cheating, its just a routine thing. If you can't give me your chronicles, you won't be able to play in the session, so it is dead important you bring them to the session.

After the scenario, I will give you a chronicle sheet to fill out and return to me to check/sign etc. The info about filling it out is on page 35 of the PFS Guide to Organized Play but basically, its all the stuff you already know; name, pfs number, faction etc. I know this is new, so just let me know if you need any help.

Malkavian_Andi
August 22nd, 2013, 01:07
I hope I'll be able to make it, because I'll be at another event that day, but I'll do my best to be at home by then.

According to the Guide to PFS Organized Play, I have to inform you that I already ran this scenario as a GM and therefore already know it (which is why I know the character I'll play will have fun ^^). I'm good at keeping character knowledge apart from player knowledge, but if you're still uncomfortable with players who know the scenario, that's ok for me.

I have no dropbox account, so I suppose the easiest way for me to send you my chronicles (if you choose to check them) would be by email.

Skellan
August 22nd, 2013, 01:39
Thanks for letting me know you gmed it. I am cool with you playing. I am sure you wont spoil it.
It is a fun scenario. I ran it tabletop last week.
As you are the first to sign up, I would be happy to adjust the start time if a later start would make it easier for you?

Rose Claymore
August 22nd, 2013, 01:45
Hrmm. It's been a while and I've love to play in another of your games, and it looks like I'll even be able to play this provided it doesn't run long (I'll have have to double check what time 6pm is locally, but I think it gives me plenty of time to make another game I have later that day). Unfortunately I've already played this one. You can count me in if you need to fill the table though.

Skellan
August 22nd, 2013, 02:46
Hi Dust
It would be nice to run a game for you again. You'd be welcome :)
I think it is about 11am your time, I'd have to check though

Syndrome
August 22nd, 2013, 02:54
yea id be game for this one

Rose Claymore
August 22nd, 2013, 13:30
11am sounds about right.

Harbinger
August 22nd, 2013, 14:43
Calendar does not show the time conversion for some reason. I'd like to play if you have room Skellan? Here are my files.

Skellan
August 22nd, 2013, 15:39
Oops, that'll be because I forgot to add the time to the calendar. Sorted it now.
You are welcome to join :)

Rose Claymore
August 22nd, 2013, 16:09
Excellent. That works out to 10am my time. Unless another player signed up to play a cleric (or other buff type class), I'll play the level 4 Kyra. If someone does show up with a buff type, I'll play um... something else.

avro5731
August 23rd, 2013, 03:13
attachments button isnt working.... Dropbox:

Going to have recant, RL popped up on sunday after est.... sorry and thanks for running

Skellan
August 24th, 2013, 12:23
I was going to say 'welcome aboard' but oh well :O I am sure I will run something for you soon Avro :)

DR - I am looking into file sharing stuff so people can send me chronicles without overloading the forum here. It seems that for players to upload stuff to me via dropbox, they also need a dropbox account and we create a shared folder by inviting one another. I am fine with this if it suits the player. Alternatively, if they haven't got dropbox, they could just email me the stuff. I am cool with either way. I will add my email to my signature so people can do whichever they prefer :)

Rose Claymore
August 24th, 2013, 12:50
I picked up a Dropbox account to distribute chronicle sheets when I ran First Steps a few weeks ago, so I'm good with either method, but prefer to upload to the forums (though some seem to be having trouble with that).

I'm assuming you don't need a chronicle sheet or anything from me this time around though as I'm not playing for credit. I you need, I can build my pregen xml if you don't have one.

Skellan
August 24th, 2013, 12:59
Errm.... haha, oh no!

There is no secondary mission released yet for this (or any other scenario). So I don't know how I can run it tbh. Naughty Paizo!
Is anyone aware of any advice Paizo has released regarding this?

Rose Claymore
August 24th, 2013, 13:14
I'll try to find the link, but Mr. Brock has indicated that until the official document is released, the primary mission is the mission indicated in the briefing (or as described under the success conditions at the end), and the 2nd point of prestige is to be awarded if the PCs complete three encounters (same as awarding the point of XP).

Skellan
August 24th, 2013, 13:17
That would make sense. Ok, we will do it that way :) Thanks DR

Rose Claymore
August 24th, 2013, 13:22
Okay, it was actually John Compton: https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q1gy?Clarified-Rules-for-Earning-Prestige-Points

Until such as time as the supplementary document for secondary missions is made available, award 1 Prestige Point to a character so long as he or she earned 1 XP in a Season 0–4 scenario. Assign 1 additional Prestige Point to that character so long as the Pathfinders met the primary mission objective (for Seasons 0–2) or printed Success Condition (Seasons 3–4).

Skellan
August 24th, 2013, 13:26
well found :)

Harbinger
August 24th, 2013, 20:25
Skellan, if we already uploaded files, should we email them also.

Skellan
August 24th, 2013, 20:48
Nah, as long as I get them, I don't mind how you do it :)

ShaneConvey
August 25th, 2013, 14:52
Hey all

Skellan, I have my character in XML format but will probably play a pregen and apply the credit to 'Orin' afterwards... Does this work the same way as my previous game, I applied the XP and fame but limited to 500 gp? This will only be my second game online in FG and as such I have a chronicle sheet from that game if you wish to see it.

Looking forward to it,

Cheers

Shane

Malkavian_Andi
August 25th, 2013, 15:27
I'm back home, so you can count on me tonight. I'll send Xagh's chronicle sheets via email in case you want to check them.
See you all in a few hours :)

Skellan
August 25th, 2013, 16:55
Thanks everyone for all the stuff I have been sent.
I still need the chronicles from Harbinger though please.

Shane, I think as we have 5 players the game will run at subtier 1-2 regardless of whether you play a pregen or not, so you my as well play your own character I reckon.

The teamspeak server for toinight is: voice.fg-con.com
the password is: Dungeoneers

ShaneConvey
August 25th, 2013, 17:35
ok in that case can you please import my character, thanks :) I will email it over to you at Skell360, cheers

ShaneConvey
August 25th, 2013, 22:34
Thanks for the game Skellan, very fun and a good group :)

Regarding the Chronicle sheet, not sure what you meant by fill in the blanks...?

Cheers

Shane

Skellan
August 25th, 2013, 22:45
Thanks for a fun session everyone.

Here are the chronicles for the session. Orin I have marked yours Tide of Twilight - Orin. The other is marked out of subtier for everyone else. Please download these and add your name, faction, purchases etc and then send them back to me either by email or however suits you best. The info to fill out the chronicle is on page 35 of the Guide to Organized play but if you have any questions or whatever, just let me know and I will be happy to help. Hopefully I got the new fangled chronicle sheets right :)

Cheers for playing, I'll do another soon :)

Skellan
August 25th, 2013, 22:46
Shane - hope the above makes sense, if not, just let me know :)

Harbinger
August 25th, 2013, 23:20
Thank for the great game, only things I bought were 60gp Temple sword (Cold Iron) and 10 Shurikens (cold Iron) for 4 GP. I added 5gp for my (12 day job roll).

BTW I saw on the sheet that you had filled in already 2 xp for this scenario, I was not sure if this changed or not, but should it be 1 instead and if so then you will need to correct mine.

Harbinger
August 25th, 2013, 23:35
Here is Tsuno's sheet. Thanks again for the game.

Skellan
August 26th, 2013, 00:12
Thanks for doing that. Its a massive help to me. I have done well over a hundred of them and they bring me out in a cold sweat now haha.
I have signed it and added it to this dropbox folder
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ufa4slxos06dh9v/JGa08Fj-KE

I will add the others to dropbox as the come in.

Also, I have remembered that you need to track purchases on a tracking sheet now. I don't think the gm needs to do anything with it, but I guess a gm may ask to see it. I have attached one here.
Cheers

Syndrome
August 26th, 2013, 04:27
how do you calculate the day job roll? i think i got the rest put in there correctly

Syndrome
August 26th, 2013, 04:34
other than the day job roll everything should be square... and to be honest at this point i dont remember what i rolled so if you wrote it down great... if not oh well lol

Malkavian_Andi
August 26th, 2013, 08:56
Thanks for the game, it was fun :)

For some reason, I can't upload my chronicle here, so I'll send it by email.

Skellan
August 26th, 2013, 12:13
Ok, everyone's chronicles are saved here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ufa4slxos06dh9v/JGa08Fj-KE

Thanks for making that easy everyone

See you next time

Syndrome
August 26th, 2013, 12:49
hey you hadn't signed mine yet

Skellan
August 26th, 2013, 13:04
Think there may have been another copy in there. Its there now anyway :D If you have any trouble with it let me know

Syndrome
August 26th, 2013, 22:45
i only see one for me and it doesnt show a sig on it

Skellan
August 26th, 2013, 23:06
Spooky!
I have emailed it to you - lets see if that sorts it :)

lachancery
August 27th, 2013, 00:34
i only see one for me and it doesnt show a sig on it

You have to save it firt on your computer. Within a browser, there is often security which prevents the signature code to show.

Skellan
August 27th, 2013, 01:38
Thanks for the info :)