PDA

View Full Version : 3.4 / Deadlands Flood Campaign Issue

Alchemister
August 21st, 2013, 20:06
Hi, have updated SW to 3.4, deleted deadlands extensions and re-updated as advised in other threads. However, NPCs/wildcards are not loading from the Flood Campaign and do not appear in Personalities. No great problem at present as still running CoCth, but just a heads up as this will require attention.

phantomwhale
August 23rd, 2013, 06:56
Are you sure your running with the Deadlands: Reloaded extension ? This should replace "Personalities" with "Humans" and "Critters".

If you believe you are, then could you let me know the results of a "/version" command within the campaign that's causing you the problems ?

Alchemister
August 23rd, 2013, 10:31
Are you sure your running with the Deadlands: Reloaded extension ? This should replace "Personalities" with "Humans" and "Critters".

If you believe you are, then could you let me know the results of a "/version" command within the campaign that's causing you the problems ?

Thanks Phantom, that sorted the problem. I really am a muppet, no question about it. Many thanks

phantomwhale
August 24th, 2013, 00:08
I've done it a few times myself, and I wrote the darn extension :)

Be nice if there was a way to say "This module requires this extension", but I think it's currently only able to be locked down to a specific ruleset (e.g. Savage Worlds).
(Although, that would just lead to requests for "why can't I see the new module I paid money for" in this situation !)

Ikael
August 24th, 2013, 14:34
I've done it a few times myself, and I wrote the darn extension :)

Be nice if there was a way to say "This module requires this extension", but I think it's currently only able to be locked down to a specific ruleset (e.g. Savage Worlds).
(Although, that would just lead to requests for "why can't I see the new module I paid money for" in this situation !)

That's nice idea. Maybe FG v3 could provide API for reading and managing extensions and their data similar way Modules have API.

Moon Wizard
August 27th, 2013, 00:58
The only challenge is that extensions are treated just like parts of the ruleset, so the assumption is that they are loaded before any other scripts are run. So, probably not for v3.0.

Cheers,
JPG