PDA

View Full Version : Scenario Preparation Workshop

RobG
August 21st, 2013, 11:05
I have some scenarios I want to prepare for Fantasy Grounds, I'll be doing it on Saturday Afternoon (BST I'm in London) on 31st August.
If anyone is interested I could set up a Google Hangout and share my desktop and chat while doing it.
It'd be good if you had your own scenario you want to prepare and we can walk though the process. I'll try not to reveal any spoilers ;-)
Thought it might be a good way to get more people running games.

Sign up here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c2dm6klaats9rbmbqgnr39frgf8?authkey=CN7z6cCdgpHnrQ E

Rose Claymore
August 21st, 2013, 11:36
I'd love to drop in, though Saturdays are when my local group meets. If it's in your afternoon, it's in my morning, so I might be able to drop in for a bit.

Skellan
August 21st, 2013, 12:00
This is a great idea Rob, I will drop by if I can

lachancery
August 21st, 2013, 13:50
I have some scenarios I want to prepare for Fantasy Grounds, I'll be doing it on Saturday Afternoon (BST I'm in London) on 31st August.
If anyone is interested I could set up a Google Hangout and share my desktop and chat while doing it.
It'd be good if you had your own scenario you want to prepare and we can walk though the process. I'll try not to reveal any spoilers ;-)
Thought it might be a good way to get more people running games.
Let me know if you are interested.
Great idea! If I can, I'll drop by to see how you've set up the workshop.

I have been thinking about walkthrough videos guiding new players towards readying their characters for FG. I think you can record a Google Hangout session? It might be interesting to edit it afterwards and save it for future offline reference?

Harbinger
August 21st, 2013, 13:58
I will not be able to make this event this time, but if you do it again or have time at a later date, I'd love to learn how to setup a game.

Harbinger
August 21st, 2013, 13:59
Think someone might be able to record it?

avro5731
August 21st, 2013, 16:40
I would be intersted

Skellan
August 21st, 2013, 17:02
Rob, just let me know if there's anything I can do to help out with this. It looks like I will be free Saturday afternoon, so I can show up if you like. Its been a while since I have built an FG module using the Pathfinder system so I may be a bit rusty myself. I imagine that there are lots of 'tricks' different gm's do when putting together a module and it would be great to share. (Am not trying to steal your thunder though hehe, this is your baby!)

RobG
August 22nd, 2013, 14:24
Cool, well I'll set up an event in Google+

I'm not that keen on recording it, it's not going to be a tutorial as such, more of a casual get-together.

Rose Claymore
August 22nd, 2013, 16:06
A quick (but not really) question... I don't use Google+ (other than I'm forced to by my gmail account). How to I sign up for/attend an event?

RobG
August 23rd, 2013, 12:54
Ok to sign up go here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c2dm6klaats9rbmbqgnr39frgf8?authkey=CN7z6cCdgpHnrQ E

And click 'Yes' :-)

RobG
August 31st, 2013, 14:00
This is starting now, doesn't seem to be anyone around though. I think this link will get you into the hangout.

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/44006bae4aa11901a54e52e65091bafd5b4bf919?authuser= 0&hl=en

Skellan
August 31st, 2013, 14:57
sorry I had to leave early - looks like this was a great success. Good idea doing this Rob :)

RobG
August 31st, 2013, 16:05
Yeah I think that went pretty good. Had some Hangout issues at the start. Hope it was easy to hear me and see what I was doing.
Could do a similar thing on actually running a game or filling in chronicle sheets sometime I guess.

Skellan
August 31st, 2013, 16:26
using effects could be good too :)

Rose Claymore
September 1st, 2013, 03:09
Sorry I wasn't able to make it. Ironically I was called upon for some early scenario prep for our local game. We had 2 1/2 new players today (the 1/2 played at Phoenix ComiCon).