PDA

View Full Version : Great Source of Fantasy Portraits

leozelig
August 20th, 2013, 23:53
I just created a huge library of character portraits. It's not complicated, but I thought I would share it with the community in case anyone is interested. I don't think this is violating any copyrights...

The art gallery (https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Archive.aspx?category=all&subcategory=artgalleries) at Wizards of the Coast has previews from several Dragon/Dungeon magazine issues as well as their print publications. You can right-click on the preview images and "Save as..." to your portraits folder. The images are around 100-120 pixels... I don't know if those get skewed by FG to make them square, but I didn't do any editing and they look fine.

I just created a folder with more portraits than I will ever need in a matter of minutes!! :D

Trenloe
August 20th, 2013, 23:56
I don't think this is violating any copyrights...
Nope, you're absolutely fine. Because you are providing the link to the copyright owners site and not taking the content and providing it to others yourself you are absolutely fine. If the stuff you download you just use for your own games and don't distribute it you are completely OK. :)

JohnD
August 21st, 2013, 02:28
Nice idea.

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2013, 03:45
Another great portrait idea Doug mentioned to me is grabbing the portraits from the Hero Lab data folder, if you have that program installed also.

I'm on my phone right now, but I can look up directory at home, if anyone is having trouble finding it.

Cheers,
JPG