PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Dungeon Crawl

Macgreine
August 19th, 2013, 06:31
I am putting together a game for a mega dungeon in the spirit of 1st and 2nd ed using the Pathfinder rules. It will be weekly on Friday nights from 8pm- 11 CST. We will be using the core rule book only with a 25 point buy. This will be tactical heavy with plenty of opportunity for rp as the players see fit. We will be using a combination of voice ( Teamspeak) and text for communications.

Very beginner friendly and if this is your first attempt at Pathfinder or FG2, no worries you are more than welcome and we will work together at getting you acquainted.
Consistent weekly games with no long term commitment.( although once you start playing I bet you will want to make every session)

You are:
Laid back, fun spirited, dependable,mature, rules light and willing to work together with your party to overcome any challenges you may face. Not chaotic neutral or anything with the evil descriptor in you alignment. You have at least a lite license for Fantasy Grounds.

Reply here or send me a PM if your interested. I have room for 3 more players.

Mac

Edited because I have a weird sense of humor that doesn't always make sense to others.

lachancery
August 20th, 2013, 04:08
Sounds like great fun! Can't commit far ahead unfortunately, but I wish you a great party for this adventure!

Here are a few links to help along, in case you need them:

Online Dungeon Map Makers:

- Dave's Mapper: https://davesmapper.com/

- Pyromancers: https://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/

- Donjon: https://donjon.bin.sh/pathfinder/dungeon/ (Also include randomizers for encounters, NPCs & Inns)

Paizo has also published a Mega dungeon crawler named Thornkeep: https://paizo.com/products/btpy8tb0?Pathfinder-Online-Thornkeep

lachancery
August 20th, 2013, 04:13
A while ago, I also stumbled on DrZeus' Pyramid of Shadows maps and thought it would be a great place to start a dungeon crawler:

https://4emaps.blogspot.ca/2011/01/pyramid-of-shadows-level-one.html

Macgreine
August 20th, 2013, 17:16
Oh cool thanks man. I dont want to change the maps though. Their actually quite awesome and refreshing, lifted off the pages of this ancient tome from the 80's dungeon crawl I plan on bringing back to life with the Pathfinder rules.

Harbinger
August 23rd, 2013, 01:56
I would be interested in playing, weekly if you have room, and what time would that be for Central time zone?

Macgreine
August 23rd, 2013, 13:42
Hey Harbinger, welcome. The game is 8-11 cst and is tentatively set to begin next Aug 30th. I would still like to find 2 more players before then.

Harbinger
August 23rd, 2013, 17:00
OK I would like to join , that time would be ok, If I have questions on character build would you mind pm-ing me with a contact info?

Harbinger
August 23rd, 2013, 22:51
I was hoping to make a swordsman character based on a samurai using katana, wakasashi, nodachi and such. would this be ok?

lachancery
August 27th, 2013, 05:09
I was hoping to make a swordsman character based on a samurai using katana, wakasashi, nodachi and such. would this be ok?
You got a fetish for "eastern" flavored character? <grin, duck & run>

Harbinger
August 27th, 2013, 12:52
You got a fetish for "eastern" flavored character? <grin, duck & run>

Well I did marry a Japanese. Besides I like those weapons best.

Macgreine
August 27th, 2013, 13:33
Thanks to those who showed interest in this, but due to the underwhelming response I am going to pull it off the table. It seemed like there was interest for a "new to FG/ RPG's" friendly game when I posted it. Anyway I'll let you know if I plan to offer at a later time Harbinger and Karamozov. I may offer it on Roll20 if your not opposed to that. I'll let you know.

Thank, Mac

lachancery
August 28th, 2013, 04:20
Thanks to those who showed interest in this, but due to the underwhelming response I am going to pull it off the table.
Awwh, shucks! It looked like an interesting game! For myself, it was the schedule (Friday nights) that were an issue. Did you post it in the Guild forum, where most players go to look for new games?

JerryRig
August 28th, 2013, 04:51
I had a tough time with the leeway given to abilities of NPC's vs. the players. I would work on making a solid performance with NPC's abilities and make sure they are not doing level 5+ feats as level 1-2 opponents and things like that. This is why I did not follow thru with your game. I thought you actually did a good job of playing things out but amoungst some of the players I spoke with, there were a missed stuff during melee that made it hard to feel like the field was balanced. Hopefully this does not put me on the blacklist from other DM's ...but feedback can be worked with ...silence leaves you with assumptions.

V/r ...

JerryRig

Macgreine
August 28th, 2013, 15:56
I had a tough time with the leeway given to abilities of NPC's vs. the players. I would work on making a solid performance with NPC's abilities and make sure they are not doing level 5+ feats as level 1-2 opponents and things like that. This is why I did not follow thru with your game. I thought you actually did a good job of playing things out but amoungst some of the players I spoke with, there were a missed stuff during melee that made it hard to feel like the field was balanced. Hopefully this does not put me on the blacklist from other DM's ...but feedback can be worked with ...silence leaves you with assumptions.

V/r ...

JerryRig

Huh? Did you respond to the right thread? This game never even got started.