PDA

View Full Version : Online PFS updates from GenCon

Trenloe
August 17th, 2013, 07:07
A quick update on my meeting today with Joe Caubo the new PFS VC for online gaming.

An online inventory sheet will be created after GenCon that will aid in online players keeping this season 5 mandatory document complete and up-to-date.
For online conventions that have at least 15 PFS tables Paizo will give product support (in the form of PDFs delivered to players and GMs Paizo accounts). This is just like what is done for convention support for face-to-face games with physical products. Our aim is to have at least 15 tables of PFS at FGCon the first weekend in November to get product support. This will include the PDF of the scenarios a GM is running being delivered for free to their Paizo account downloads.
Support for online GMs at conventions with Paizo support (see the item above) *may* get the relevant electronic map products delivered to the Paizo account for free. This is still a maybe...
If an online convention has 50 or more tables of PFS then they qualify to run the convention specials - currently Bonekeep 1 and 2. I think this would be a stretch for FGCon 3 in November - but who knows...
Currently there is no plan for GM support in converting scenarios for online play, although how to make GMs preparation for online games easier is being looked into. Nothing is firm on this point at this time.
Joe is planning on having 2 "gamedays" a month where GMs can run PFS on any VTT they want. Days to be advised in future - it is not clear whether these gamedays would qualify for product support, probably not as they will be quite informal things and GMs will be pretty much left to their own devices to organise, run and report.

Plans are already in the works for FGCon 3 and are progressing well. The bonus of GMs getting the PDF for free is nice. That means that I will be getting PFS games for FGCon firmed up over the next month so I can submit the con support request and get the GMs their scenarios with enough time to prepare.

Skellan
August 17th, 2013, 17:42
You cant beat free stuff
Looking forward to November now. I will certainly run scenarios

Trenloe
August 18th, 2013, 23:12
One extra item I forgot to mention. Player and GM convention boons.

Currently these are not being released to online conventions as it is seen as being too easy to copy. I know this is no different from scanning a physical boon from a convention, but there you are.

I'm working with the powers that be to allow us to do this if I only issue boon sheets with the player and PC info pre filled and not editable. We'll see where this goes, but I hope to get GM and player boons for FG Con 3.

Myrddin
August 20th, 2013, 18:41
Great stuff, Trenloe. Keep up the good work. Great to know we have a heavy-hitter going in to bat for us! Much appreciated.

Moon Wizard
August 20th, 2013, 19:03
You have no idea. I got to meet Trenloe in person at Gencon, and talk at length with him. You are in good hands.

JPG

Trenloe
August 20th, 2013, 19:05
You have no idea. I got to meet Trenloe in person at Gencon, and talk at length with him. You are in good hands.
Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for letting me hang out. :)