PDA

View Full Version : Error - GetProducts: Network Connecting to Host - When installing. Help?

Jingo
August 16th, 2013, 22:58
I'm installing one of my lite licenses on a player's computer. After running the installation file, we get this error after the installer tries to download the files:

Error - GetProducts: Network Connecting to Host

And then it just repeats. We're obviously connected to the internet to submit this post. Any help. Operating system is Windows XP.

Griogre
August 17th, 2013, 02:39
That's strange. Did you download the latest installer off the website? I'd have the player uninstall, then re-download the installer and try again if he hasn't already in case the installer download was corrupt.

Edit: I also occurred to me - maybe when the player installed he either checked the unregistered or free license box with a lite license or vice versa.

Jingo
August 19th, 2013, 23:44
That's strange. Did you download the latest installer off the website? I'd have the player uninstall, then re-download the installer and try again if he hasn't already in case the installer download was corrupt.

Edit: I also occurred to me - maybe when the player installed he either checked the unregistered or free license box with a lite license or vice versa.

We tried downloading and installing multiple times to no avail. The computer is an XP professional OS. There's something wrong with the computer that's causing the updater not to work, because we tried installing it on a different (Vista) computer, and it worked fine.

Trenloe
August 20th, 2013, 05:58
We tried downloading and installing multiple times to no avail. The computer is an XP professional OS. There's something wrong with the computer that's causing the updater not to work, because we tried installing it on a different (Vista) computer, and it worked fine.
Is this computer on a wireless network? If so, is there any way you can try connecting via a physical cable, and disable the wireless network just for the update?

Kosh
September 29th, 2013, 17:00
Hi
I just had this error and resolved it (also using XP). My firewall was not allowing the installer access to the net. Once I gave it permission it worked fine. You might want to check that you do not have individual program restrictions.
Hope it helps.

CrimsonCrust
December 12th, 2015, 19:50
ERROR - GetProducts: Network: connecting to host getting this error...

damned
December 13th, 2015, 02:19
Typically try a couple of times and then you might have to wait a little while - its possible there was server congestion...

Trenloe
December 13th, 2015, 18:05
Also check your security/anti-virus application. For me, Norton 360 has just started blocking UpdaterEngine.exe from accessing the Internet and you'll get "ERROR - GetProducts: Network:" reports because of this. I had to allow access for the update to work.