PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Sounding Off

Gargomaxthalus
August 16th, 2013, 19:36
Been posting in all forums of interest, my Guild Hall thread will give some personal info. Looking to get into PnP now that I have finally discovered Fantasy Grounds which gives me that bit of anonymity that can really help an introvert. Don't worry the wall can break, just really hard to do from the inside.

dr_venture
August 17th, 2013, 08:13
Hey dude, welcome - kinda introverted myself sometimes - lotsa of nice folks around here, though... genuinely one of the nicest groups of people I've found on the Net so far... and now your one, too :) What's got you interested in C&C?

damned
August 18th, 2013, 08:23
hi gargomaxthalus,
i would like to make a few general observations.
your first post was less than a week ago - sometimes it takes time to find a like minded group of people who are available at the same times you are and have the same interests.
you will also find that most games (though certainly not all) use voice - dont be put off by voice - we are pretty much all nerdy self conscious geeks - you will find a lot of different personalities here - just like in RL - some are extroverts, some need to know everything or be involved in everything and others like to chime in at just the right moment but largely stay quiet at other times.
if you really want text only - DrVenture did offer you a spot in his Wild West game.
game rules and mechanics for most games are pretty easy to pick up along the way or via quick start rules.
also what sort of license do you have? without at least a lite license you are very restricted in what games you can participate in.

stick around and monitor the forums and im sure you will see other opportunities arise.
good luck and have fun.

S Ferguson
August 19th, 2013, 20:05
And welcome to the community! :)

Forumophobia and can be conquered. Just ask questions on your mind; and you might find what you're looking for.

Cheers,
SF

S Ferguson
August 20th, 2013, 22:49
dont be put off by voice - we are pretty much all nerdy self conscious geeks .

I for one am NOT a nerdy geek. I am a serious <<giggle>> roleplayer who maintains his "cool" <<snicker>> composure when he's out with other people (except if I'm brought near <<gaffaw>> a gaming store).

Cheers, <<LOL>>
SF