PDA

View Full Version : CnC v3.0 testing

Pages : 1 [2]

S Ferguson
November 16th, 2013, 17:10
O.K. All of the corrections have been made (that were noticed so far...) and the carriage returns, capitalization, level notices, dotted i's and crossed t's. It will probably be available Monday, as Moon has business he needs to attend to.

Cheers,
SF

damned
April 11th, 2014, 09:27
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/fg-con-newsletter.png

FG Con 4 is here!

Only 1 Castles&Crusades game so far - room for another GM or 3 - and just as importantly - plenty of room for players too!

FG Con is back for our 4th event. This time around FG Con will span 100 hours from the evening of Thursday May 8th (AUS/NZ time) to late night Sunday May 11th (US/CA Time).

We’ve got 38 sessions available for registration right now and several more close to being published. Visit the site here: https://www.fg-con.com/events and get started.

Players – now is the time to sign up for your games – but first you need to make sure you have your timezone set in your user profile – see instructions here: https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/FGCon_UserRegistration.pdf All players play free! Of course you still need to have installed a copy of Fantasy Grounds and TeamSpeak but you can still play even with a demo license.

GMs – there is still time to get your game listed – but don’t leave it too late as it will get harder to fill your game. Instructions for GMs here: https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/FGCon_GMGuidelines.pdf All Full Licenses will be bumped to Ultimate licenses for the duration of the Con so you can get those friends involved who haven’t yet committed to a license.

If you need any help – either as a player or a GM please contact the FG Con team by email: [email protected] All feedback is welcome. Suggestions regarding the site, regarding recruitment, regarding emails – whatever – the FG Con team want to hear from you.

Magnatude
April 11th, 2014, 16:58
Yay... ok added my game this year for Friday night... "The Trap"

damned
April 12th, 2014, 00:49
Excellent Magnatude!

dr_venture
April 13th, 2014, 19:11
Hey Moon, this seems like as good a place as any to bring this up. I'm slogging away at converting the Crusader's Companion, and it occurs to me: is there some reason that you can't make the same change for the description fields of Abilities that you made for Notes? It would be *really* helpful to have formatted text in for Ability descriptions, as there are lots of tables and such to be presented there. In some cases, it would be very handy to also be able to link to Rollable Tables from teh description of an ability. Plain text is a big PITA there in many cases... what do you think?

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2014, 22:32
You could do this by making a new reference class that shows abilities in formatted text view, but provide a text version to use when copied to character sheets. This requires a new class to be added to ruleset, and an updated ability handler. Pretty straightforward, but would need to provide both versions in module.

The reason why strings were used for abilities instead of formattedtext fields was historical. Partly to keep things simple (interface and database), and the remainder was because formatted text controls have not always been editable and the UI is not great for them either. In the long run, I'd still like to add something like a toolbar for the formatted text controls to make it more user friendly. In fact, I'd like to replace with another rich text tool completely, but I have yet to find a library that handles rich text on the back end only.

Also, there is the consideration that any character files exported with the current implementation or abilities in previous modules would cause data mismatch errors when imported into a campaign with that change. That being said, I'm working on some updates in v3.0.4 to help with migration of character and module imports. If that capability survives beta testing (i.e. it works and doesn't cause other issues), then perhaps we can build it directly into the ruleset after v3.0.4 release.

Regards,
JPG

dberkompas
April 16th, 2014, 17:45
Just updated 'TEST' version. (3.0.4 Ultimate)

Clicking the 'Mini' button on the spells tab doesn't display anything.

BoomerET

S Ferguson
April 16th, 2014, 18:23
That's Funny I get the spells in a mini sheet, but an error: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_spells.lua"]:203: attempt to index field 'cost_spacer' (a nil value). It's at least *something* :).

Cheers,
SF

dberkompas
April 16th, 2014, 18:25
I used to get that before upgrading this morning to the newest version.

BoomerET

S Ferguson
April 16th, 2014, 18:39
I am running the current test version - 3.0.4, I believe. (Just redownloaded the update - same error on GM's and Player's side)

Cheers,
SF

dberkompas
April 16th, 2014, 18:49
How strange, it still says Ultimate 3.0.3 on one computer, and I could swear it says Ultimate 3.0.4 on my other box.

S Ferguson
April 16th, 2014, 19:07
That's common in "Test" mode. 3.0.3 is the current program version but the updates to the CoreRPG and other modules are listed in the description box as 3.0.4 which is the stability testing feature for such.

Cheers,
SF

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2014, 20:47
The spells mini sheet uses the same view as Combat mode on the PC sheet. This means that spells will only be shown if they are available for casting.

I just set up a brand new character and added spells. By default, PCs are memorization spell casters (i.e. Wizard) (book symbol in upper left of character sheet). This means that no spells will be shown in Combat mode until they are "prepared" for the day. So, the mini sheet was empty at this point as expected. Then, I changed the main PC spell sheet to Preparation mode, added one preparation of each spell; then they each appeared in the spell mini tracker.

Is this what you are seeing or something else? Please provide steps with a new character.

Regards,
JPG

dberkompas
April 16th, 2014, 21:15
Working a charm, thanks for being so nice with your reply.

BoomerET

phantomwhale
April 22nd, 2014, 07:00
That's Funny I get the spells in a mini sheet, but an error: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_spells.lua"]:203: attempt to index field 'cost_spacer' (a nil value). It's at least *something* :).

Cheers,
SF

That's one of the bugs I fixed in the new test version - sounds like it's all working OK now ?

Let me know if anyone is on 3.0.4 and still seeing this issue.

S Ferguson
April 22nd, 2014, 17:26
Yep. Working fine. Regards, SF